• Published 22nd Sep 2016
  • 2,209 Views, 157 Comments

The Empire today - Bronycommander



A Stormtrooper who likes children and his buddy who is a Scout trooper find on Endor a pegasus filly almost eaten by Ewoks.

  • ...
5
 157
 2,209

Chapter 12 Attack on the Factory

Chapter 12: Attack on the Factory

Forren played with his son as he felt a disturbance in the Force again. It was so great that he lost consciousness. “Daddy! Mommy, come quick!” Ray was worried about his father.

Miro ran in, Lord Vader and Tokrin by her side. ”Forren! We must get him to the infirmary!” Forren woke up in the infirmary.

“I feel like I was hit by a stunner.”
“Daddy, you’re awake!” His Son embraced him in a hug.

“What happened, Forren?” “Miro, there was a great Disturbance in the Force.”
“I felt it,” Vader added.
“What did you feel daddy?”
“I sensed… Scootaloo. She’s in pain. Great pain. Tarrack.”
“I sense that Tarrack is hurting her. Wherever she goes, the pain of her prisoners follows. But since we’re close to finding her base, I will deal with her myself, once we have found it.” Even Vader liked her but refused it to admit it. His master was not allowed to know about it. But Miro, Forren and Ray hoped every day that Scootaloo was still alive.

Another Day passed. Forren was talking with Ian and Tokrin when he saw a box in the hands of an officer. “A package for you, Forren.”
“I’m busy can you give it to my wife?”
“Of course.”
“Did you or your wife order something?”
“No Tokrin.”
“Perhaps a gift from an old friend?”
“No Ian this can’t be either as all my friends I have, are on the Stormy.”

Suddenly, there was an ear shattering scream. It came out of Miros and Rays room. Along with some other Stormtroopers, Forren, Ian and Tokrin had their weapons drawn. Even Vader joined them.

Miro and Ray were in shock. Miro had embraced her son in a hug while he cried.
“What’s wrong?”
“Da-daddy…” Ray sobbed and pointed to the box.

In it was some orange feathers and a cut-off wing covered in blood. One Stormtrooper had to throw up while two other passed out from the horrible sight.

“Tarrack cut off her wing… SHE CUT OFF HER WING! TARRAK YOU CROSSED THE LINE! NOW IT’S PERSONALLY!” Forren screamed at the top of his lungs.
Vader could sense the anger in Forren but also fear.

“Sir! We have found the factory,” An officer reported.
“Oh my... I mean inform the crew. I will lead this attack personally.”
“Yes, Sir.” Ian recovered from the shock.
Vader used the Force to calm Forren down. Sure, Anger was a part of the dark side, but it hurt Vader to see it as it remembered him when Padme died and he was in anger.

“Th-thank you, my lord.” Forren was a little embarrassed.
“Anger is a part of the dark side of the Force but too much anger can even destroy a Sith. The Emperor wishes to capture Tarrak alive. She’s going to offer the opportunity to serve the Emperor as we all do. Still, if she should refuse, I will make her pay for what she did to Scootaloo.”

“Yes, my lord.” Ian just wanted to make her pay but couldn’t refuse a direct order from Darth Vader or the Emperor himself.
Ian instructed Varn of his next mission.

“This mission will demand advanced assault tactics using the dual warhead of the Missile Boat. The target is Tarrak’s TIE-Defender manufacturing facility, cargo containers and all craft in the area. The facility’s anti-warhead system is augmented with a large Type-C minefield. Tarrak’s forces are loyal, well trained, and now very well equipped with TIE-Defenders, T-wings and Y-wings. I will lead this attack personally with my ship, the Imperial Star Destroyer Stormy. TIE-interceptor groups Alpha and Gamma will engage the Starfighter defenses and protect Stormy. Missile Boat Mu 1 will eliminate the factory defenses to clear the way for TIE-Bomber Beta’s attack. For the greater glory of the Empire… DESTROY EVERYTHING!”

“What is the objective of this mission?”
“To wipe out the deep space manufacturing facility that Tarrak has built for production of the TIE-Defender. The Empire cannot allow such a threat to exist, even in the Outer Rim Territories. You will play a critical role in penetrating the factory’s defenses to enable a rocket attack by TIE-Bombers.”

“What craft will I be flying?”
“You will fly Missile Boat Mu 1 (MIS Mu 1) out of ISD Stormy. T/I Alpha and Gamma have already engaged the perimeter defense fighters. Once the T-wings have been eliminated, the interceptors will be in position to pounce on the flight of Y-wings that are preparing an attack on the Stormy. For this mission your craft is armed with a secondary load of 40 advanced Concussion missiles in addition to the standard missile load, a total of 80 missiles! Also, you will have the new improved tractor beam.”

What opposition will there be?”

“The deep space facility you are going to attack possesses defensive armament consisting of 12 twin turbo lasers and an advanced anti-warhead system. There are two arrays of Type C mines, one above and one below the factory. These are very nasty as they launch a missile of their own when destroyed. Every time you take one out, it will launch a missile at you! There are also a half dozen TIE-Defenders. Though currently inactive, they are prepped for combat and you can assume that they will enter the battle within moments. You’ll have to use your overdrive if you want to catch them unawares!”

“That is enough for now, sir.” Varn spoke with the member of the secret order before he got to the hanger bay.

“Tarrak has attracted the interest of Emperor Palpatine. He wishes to capture her alive. She’s going to offer the opportunity to serve the Emperor as we do. When the factory’s shields fail, she will attempt to escape. You will need to assist GUN Tau in stopping her craft. You don’t have an ion cannon, but you can reduce her ship’s shields, making it easier for GUN Tau to disable! And don’t worry about the filly. General Brashin could convince the Emperor to let her alive as she helped to capture rebels and pirates. He gives her the full citizenship and all the rights that come with it. Since her home world is probably in the Outer Rim, he is not interested in that. She shall see the Empire as a force for peace and order.”

Varn let out a sigh of relief and took off with his ship.

“Today we write a new legend for star fighter pilots.”
“Engage the overdrive and accelerate past those T-wings!”
“We will get you out of there Scootaloo, I promise you that,” Varn talked to himself as he engaged the overdrive.

“Try to take out the TIE-Defenders while they’re inactive.”

The TIE-interceptors had no problems to take out the T-wings. The explosions and the remains of the T-wings were pure Bliss for the imperial pilots. “Mu 1, don’t forget to take out the factory’s warhead launcher.”

After the T-wings were destroyed, the TIE-interceptors took out the Y-wings, while Varn took out the still inactive TIE-Defenders. It always filled the TIE-pilot with satisfaction, seeing an enemy TIE-Defender exploding.

Then he took out the mines. Even for him, it was difficult to avoid the missiles.

“Half of the mines are cleared. Keep going, Mu 1!”
Varn destroyed every container he could find. Then he continued to clear the mines.

Then the TIE-bombers started their bombing run. They quickly took out the shields, the station was rumbling from it.
A Corelian Transport fled from the factory. “Mu 1, stop Corelian Transport Dhoora from getting away!” Varn opened fire on the Transport. He fired until the shields of the transport were at 40%.

“Imperials, stay back or your precious filly and scientist will die!” The pilot of the Transport, Tarrack said on the comlink channel.

“Then you will die as well, Tarrak! Continue, Mu 1,” Ian ordered as he knew that Tarrack was lying, knowing that Scootaloo’s death would make everything worse for her. Varn fired until the shields were down. Then he leaved it to the Gunboats.
A Utility Tug reloaded the Missile Boat. Suddenly, several X-wings and A-wings along with two Strike cruisers entered the area.

Varn engaged the X and A-wings. As in the battles before, they were no match for the Missile Boat, but still had to activate the tractor beam to hit the A-wings. As Varn had one A-wing in his sight, he said, “I have you now.” After a few hits, the rebel’s shield gave out and he died in the explosion of his fighter.

After all fighters were destroyed, the TIE-Bombers that had destroyed the factory attacked with Varn the two strike cruisers. “Out! Everyone evacuate!” The rebel crews tried to get to the escape pods in vail, as the wave of fire caught them. After they were destroyed, the Stormtrooper transport reported the capture of the Corelian Transport.

“Outstanding, Mu 1. The Emperor will be very pleased! Return to the Stormy,” Ian ordered, smiling at the destroyed rebel and pirate ships.
“Another victory for the Empire. I just hope that Scootaloo is alright.” Varn thought as he returned to the Stormy.

Author's Note:

Another sucessful mission. Let's pray Scootaloo is alright.