• Published 15th Sep 2016
  • 601 Views, 12 Comments

My Little Ghostbusters: Chaos in Manehattan - A Torn-Up Note



A shock wave sets of a chain of hauntings in Manehattan and it's up to the ghostbusters to stop this before chaos regins

  • ...
2
 12
 601

Introduction

It was an average evening in the big, bustling city of Manehattan, and Fluttershy was standing outside the fire station that house a very unusual team of scientists. They were called the Ghostbusters and, as their name implies, their job was to rid Manehattan of all its paranormal entities. Fluttershy happened to be at this very place because she was here to start her first day as the ‘Experiment Technician’, as the job form implied. Without wasting any more time, she stepped through the door and into the firehouse.

At the reception desk, she found a purple haired woman with blue eyes that are like gems. She wore deep purple dress with small diamond designs and black glasses. She had her nose buried in some paperwork, so she didn’t notice Fluttershy until she let out a small cough. The lady looked up and gave Fluttershy a small smile.
“You must be Fluttershy,” she said with an accent that Fluttershy couldn’t exactly place. She nodded and the lady motioned to the seat in front of the desk.
Fluttershy quietly took a seat and took a quick look around her as she waited. Behind the desk was a small area blocked by a small, wooden fence one would probably find at a courthouse. Inside the fence was a desk that was covered in papers. On the wall behind that was a board that had several documents of some sort pinned to it. To the left of that was another board that was covered in drawing from a local elementary class that included the Ghostbusters with a banner hanging over that said, “Thank You, Ghostbusters!” Fluttershy smiled at that before continuing her inspection of the room.
Turning her head to the right, she saw a line of filing cabinets. Most were cluttered with papers, seemingly just thrown in haphazard piles. Next to that was a painting of a man, however, Fluttershy felt as if something about this painting was off. But she decided to move her eyes elsewhere instead of examining it further, mainly because it began to creep her out.
Turning to her left, she jumped slightly at what she saw. In a metal storage container of some sort, there was a small green and purple figure flying around. The body was dripping with a green ooze as it’s claw-like hands were fumbling around with a deck of cards.
“That’s Spike,” the lady said, noticing Fluttershy’s stare. “He was the first ghost they caught. Quite something, isn’t he?” Fluttershy nodded, watching the ghost float around in circles. “Well now, everything is in order. The only thing is this,” the lady said, handing Fluttershy a paper with a list.
“Um… W-what is t-this?” She asked, taking the page with a slightly shaking hand. The lady smiled, pointing to the list.
“This is just standard procedure. You’ll just have to agree in believing these thing,” she explained with a small, heartfelt smile as she gestured to the paper. “It wasn’t my idea.”
Fluttershy sigh before looking down at the list. She had a confused look on her face as she read a few items off. “The Lochness Monster, the Theory of Atlantis, Astral Projections, and ESP?” The lady nodded. “Well, I guess... if it means I get the job, then I’ll believe anything,” Fluttershy replied with a small smile.
The lady smiled back, stretching out her arm for a handshake, which Fluttershy nervously accepted. “Welcome aboard, then,” she said as she shook her hand. Then she pointed to a staircase behind Fluttershy. “The others are upstairs, so you should probably go meet them,” she said. Fluttershy nodded and stood up, but didn’t leave quite yet.
“Um…. I never got your name…” She said, turning back towards the lady.
The lady looked up at her and smiled again. “Rarity, darling.”

Fluttershy climbed up the stairs to the second floor of the firehouse. There she found two others in tanish-brown jumpsuits. One had purple hair with two streaks running through it, one a deeper shade of purple and the other pink. Her lavender eyes were entirely focused on the pack that she was messing with, either fixing it or adjusting it. The other person, the one who was holding the pack on their back, had a big poofy hair-do of pink-colored hair. Her head was turned towards the purple-haired lady, talking to her about something Fluttershy couldn’t hear, before her head turned and her sky-blue eyes landed on her.
“Oh joy! Look, Twilight, the new recruit is here!” She said as a smile on her face grew. Twilight looked up and smiled before returning her attention to the pack.
“Just a few adjustments to fix the heating and we’ll be done. But please remember not to move, Pinkie.” Pinkie nodded as Twilight fiddled with something. “Now if you start to smell burning flesh, please let me know this time.”

“Hey! If you’re gonna burn someone’s flesh, do to the recruit and not Pinkie. Our mortgage is in her name.” Another person said as they walked into the room. She was wearing the same jumpsuit as the other two and her hair wasn’t just one color, but was entire rainbow. Twilight nodded and removed the pack from Pinkie, allowing her to rush towards Fluttershy, causing her to jump back into the railing behind her.
“So… What’s your name?” She asked with a smile.
“Nope. No names,” the rainbow lady said. “Don’t need to get attached to this thing.”

“Come on, Rainbow Dash. Let’s play nicely with the new recruit.” Pinkie said before turning back to Fluttershy, waiting for a response to her earlier question. “Well?”

“Um… M-My name is Fluttershy…”

--Meanwhile at the Museum of Natural History--

The security guard was walking down the halls of the old museum. They had closed to the public early because they were still preparing their exhibit on Nightmare Moon, and, even though it was still light outside, the inside of the museum was darker than ever. Suddenly, static broke the silence in the air as another guard spoke to him. “Yo, Flash. You near that Nightmare exhibit?”

“Yeah, why?” Flash replied, shining his flashlight through the darkness onto a sign that stated, ‘Nightmare Moon’.

“Well there’s somethin’ coming your way.”

“Hold on. I hear something,” Flash said, moving into the room. He shined his light around, illuminating objects that hid in the shadows.

“You wanna hear something? The guy who donated all this stuff, this Discord dude, they say that he’s done some nasty things in the past. Something ‘bout being a part of some cult...” At that moment, Flash shined the light on a skeleton and jumped.

“Um… How about we talk about this some other time…” he said, his voice shaking. “Any other time…” At that moment, a woman with golden hair that had streaks of red ran by Flash, carrying a stack of books. “Hey!” Flash cried, making an attempt to chase the lady. “You can’t be in here!” He got as far as the entrance of the exhibit before a blue glow behind caught his attention and before he knew what was happening, he was hit by some aura that knock him out. The blue aura exploded from the museum and spreaded across Manehattan.