• Published 13th Sep 2016
  • 2,355 Views, 286 Comments

Chrono Reflect - Azure Sandora



Crossover/continuation with Chrono Trigger & Chrono Cross: Rarity is sent on a journey through dimensions in the hopes of finding the way back to her own.

  • ...
6
 286
 2,355

Standard: Still Friends

Standard – Still Friends

play song

The next day, Rarity decided to try and keep her spirits up. After all, it was like she told Twilight, no good would come from her freaking out about her situation. Bottom line, if she came here, she could get back to her world.

Until then, she just had to stay positive.

She and Twilight hit it off pretty quickly. This Twilight was in fact just like Rarity's Twilight. Besides being more open, the only real difference was that she was more interested in esoteric science. Beyond that, she was still into reading, she still wanted to be a scientist when she grew up, and she was still an avid gamer. Before they started going to school, Twilight showed Rarity her collection of video games, dating all the way back to Super Nintendo, which she claimed she inherited from her older brother.

Needless to say, Twilight had a big collection.

The walk to school was the opposite of yesterday. Twilight and Rarity talked about a lot of things, mainly getting Rarity adjusted to her surroundings. She was pleased to know that history was the same overall here. In fact, the only major differences were from the last ten years onward.

When they arrived in the school building, Rarity was immediately aware of the stares she was getting from the other students. She also heard whispering, and giggling.

“Why do I get the feeling they're going on about me?” Rarity asked slowly.

“You did sort of make a scene yesterday,” Twilight pointed out.

“Oh dear, this is dreadful,” Rarity said burying her face in her hands, “This is the opposite of what it's like at home! Now I'm a laughing stock!”

“Hey, look on the bright side,” Twilight said with a comforting smile, “At least you have me.”

“True,” Rarity sighed.

“Come on. Let's see if Principal Celestia was able to get you a schedule, and then get to class,” Twilight said walking off. Rarity huffed and trudged after her friend. This was turning out to be a great day already.


To Rarity's surprise, she somehow managed to get her original schedule. This made things easier as long as the school layout was the same. Thankfully Twilight's schedule seemed identical to Rarity's Twilight, which meant they still had the same homeroom.

When they walked into the classroom though, Rarity saw that much to her dismay, everyone's schedules were identical to how she knew them. Which meant sitting in the back of the classroom…

Was Fluttershy.

Rarity froze when she saw Fluttershy, who immediately narrowed her eyes at Rarity. Normally she was excited to see Fluttershy, but this time all Rarity wanted to do was run away. Sadly, sharing a homeroom with Fluttershy wasn't even the worst of it.

“This is a disaster!” Rarity whispered frantically, “This means everyone's schedules are how I remember them!”

“Isn't that good though?” Twilight asked, “It means you'll know where everything is.”

“It also means that more than half of my classes will be shared with Fluttershy!” Rarity fussed, “Including the next one.”

Twilight looked at Rarity's schedule and nodded, “Yep, World History with Time Turner. God, it looks like you share lunch with her too.”

Before they could finish, the teacher, still Cheerilee, walked into the classroom. This version of Cheerilee was quite different though, as she didn't have the usual pep in her step. Actually, she acted like she hated her job.

After homeroom ended, Rarity began packing her books as fast as she could so she could get to her next class before-

“So, Canterlot High's started letting nut jobs enroll?” Fluttershy asked, right behind Rarity, who was frozen in fear, “Must be some sort of special program or something.”

“Fluttershy, um…” Rarity began slowly turning to the pink haired bully, “About yesterday, I…”

“I don't want to hear it,” Fluttershy spat, “I haven't figured out what I'm going to do with you yet. Do I make sure you stay as far away from me as possible?” she caressed Rarity's cheek a bit, and then grabbed her hair and yanked it a bit, “Or do I show you why I run this school and turn you into my bitch?”

I… don't…” Rarity stammered.

“Either way, don't disappear anywhere,” Fluttershy ordered, “And don't do anything stupid. Otherwise, I will make you wish you stayed in whatever crack house you came from.”

She released Rarity and stormed out of the classroom. Twilight put a hand on her shoulder to comfort her.

“Well, that turned out pretty good,” Twilight said.

“Did it now?” Rarity asked skeptically.

“She didn't do any physical harm to you,” Twilight pointed out. Rarity laughed awkwardly, but still had to think. Just how bad was Fluttershy if that was Rarity getting off easy.

Could she survive another encounter with her?


Rarity stayed as far away as she could from Fluttershy in History, sitting on the opposite side of the classroom. It was bad enough that she had to deal with the students in the classroom laughing and gossiping about her for yesterday; the fact that she could literally feel Fluttershy glare hitting her back.

She must still have The Stare over here, Rarity thought.

Once that class was over, she rushed to her next class, this one being Math. If she remembered correctly, Applejack ( Applejewel, sorry) and Pinkie Pie should have been in that class. When she got into the classroom, she saw Applejewel sitting in the front of the class. She waved sweetly to Rarity, who returned the gesture and searched the room for Pinkie Pie. It took a second, but she eventually found what looked like Pinkie Pie, but something was definitely off.

First of all, her hair was completely straight, tied in a red band. She was wearing a black and white gothic lolita dress that almost looked like a maid's outfit, black high heels and fingerless gloves, black eyeshadow, blood red lipstick. Rarity tried not to stare too hard as she went to her seat, but it was just so jarring. Pinkie Pie looked really uncomfortable, as she was huddled in her seat and looking nervously around at the other students.

It felt odd being in class like this, with her situation up in the air like it was. She still didn't know where Sunset Shimmer was, and she almost felt like she was wasting time sitting in a classroom. She needed to know what that creature was, and whether or not it had something to do with her ending up in this alternate dimension.

Math class was as long and boring as Rarity remembered it. When class ended, she let her head fall on her desk.

“I hate this,” Rarity sighed, “It wouldn't be so bad if it were my classroom.” She noticed a flash nearby. She sat up and looked right into the lens of a camera held by the alternate Pinkie Pie, “Um… hello?”

“Abnormality number 43,” alternate Pinkie Pie said softly, “Teenage girl claiming to be the ghost of someone who died. Possibly from another dimension.”

“Um… I'm assuming Twilight told you?” Rarity asked.

“First, a test,” Pinkie Pie asked, “What's my name?”

Rarity sighed, “The name I'm familiar with is Pinkie Pie, but your full name is Pinkamena Diane Pie the second.”

Alternate Pinkie Pie lowered her camera and regarded Rarity with a somewhat unreadable expression, “Correct. I prefer to be called by my middle name, Diane, but for your sanity, you can call me Pinkie Pie. That's actually what Jewel and Twilight call me.”

“What are ya doin to the new girl?” Applejewel asked walking over to them.

“Testing her,” Pinkie Pie said, “She'd only know my full name if she were telling the truth.”

“She might have jus' asked around,” Applejewel said shrugging.

“No one cares enough about me to go through that much trouble,” Pinkie Pie said somberly, “I'm not important enough for that.”

Oh, if only you knew the version of you I remembered.

“Either way, glad to see ya survived the dragon's fire, hun,” Applejewel said as Rarity stood up, “We're headin to lunch now. Where are ya headin?”

“I believe I have the same lunch as you,” Rarity said, “Will Twilight be joining us.”

“We'll be meeting her in the library,” Pinkie Pie said, “She and Jewel always eat there with me so I'm not alone.”

“Unless you packed yer lunch, we'll meet ya there,” Applejewel said, “Ah never eat the lunches here. To think they'd make someone of my caliber eat that gruel. Ugh!”

“I packed my lunch,” Rarity said, “It's in my locker.”

As the three girls walked to Rarity's locker to pick up her lunch, they were stopped by the sound of something slamming in front of them. They ran down the hall and stopped when they saw Fluttershy standing over Rainbow Dash, who was backed up against her locker cowering in fear.

“That paper is due tomorrow, you dumb bitch!” Fluttershy shouted, “Why isn't it done yet?!”

“W-well… I sort of… needed to do extra work on mine, so…” Dash squealed in fear as Fluttershy slammed her fist next to Dash's head.

“No one gives a shit about your grades! You're nothing but a weak, helpless bimbo who isn't worth the scraps from my cigarette! I own this school, and I own you, so when I order you to do something, I expect you to do mine first and give it your best!”

“I… I'm sorry…” Dash said, her eyes watering as she began to cry. This was too much for Rarity, not just because this was so out of character for both of them, but because of how Fluttershy was treating Dash. Sure, that was her friend in her dimension, but here Fluttershy was just a bully.

Rarity hated bullies.

Rarity narrowed her eyes and walked over to them, but Applejewel grabbed her arm stopping her.

“Hold on, hon,” Applejewel said, “That ain't none of our business.”

“You don't expect me to just do nothing, do you?” Rarity asked.

“Unless ya want her to turn on you, then yeah,” Applejewel said, “There ain't nothin that can be done 'bout that. Best to jus' leave things like that alone.” Rarity was aghast hearing those words come out of Applejack's mouth. The Applejack Rarity knew would never turn her back on someone in need. Rarity scowled at Applejewel, yanked her arm free, and stormed over to Fluttershy, “Rarity!”

Pinkie Pie pulled out her camera and pointed it at Fluttershy and Rarity, “This could be fun,” she said softly.

Right when Rarity was next to Fluttershy, she turned her around and did something that no one in the school was ready for, and she was sure would forever solidify her place in this dimension.

end song

SLAP

“How dare you!” Rarity seethed, “Getting angry at someone just because they valued their grade over yours!”

“You… stupid… fucking… BITCH!” Fluttershy shouted getting in Rarity's face, “What did I say to you about doing something stupid?! I am the wrong one to-”

“What, am I supposed to be afraid of you?!” Rarity asked, “The problem here is that no one has the courage to stand up to you! I'll admit, at first I was intimidated by you, but looking at this shows me just how small you really are, and I'm not going to stand for it! The one thing I hate is a bully!”

“And just what are you going to do about it?” Fluttershy asked, “Tell on me?”

Rarity laughed, “Oh no, that won't be enough. I was thinking of possibly teaching you a lesson in manners myself.”

“This is rich!” Fluttershy laughed, “This prissy, high heeled slut thinks she's tough! Sorry, but you're wearing too much make-up to stand up to me!”

Fluttershy went to slap Rarity in the face, but Rarity grabbed her arm stopping her, not ever taking her eyes off the girl in front of her. There was a unified gasp in the hall.

“I may be a pretty face, darling, but don't let that fool you,” Rarity said dangerously, “Back in my old school I was somewhat of a defender of people like Dashie here, and after a while the bullies were more afraid of me. Shall I put you in your place?”

Fluttershy started breathing heavily as she got angrier and angrier, until she screamed in rage, “YOU WANNA GO BITCH?! FINE THEN! AFTER SCHOOL IN THE BACK ALLEYWAY, BE THERE AND WE'LL SETTLE THIS! I'LL MAKE YOU WISH YOU NEVER CROSSED ME!”

Fluttershy turned and stormed off, screaming loudly in rage. Rarity took a deep breath and turned to Dash, “Are you okay, darling?”

“Why… did you do that…?” Dash asked trembling, “You don't know me…”

“No, but I know someone very much like you,” Rarity said, unsure who she was referring to, “I've never turned away from someone in need before, and I'm not starting now.”

“She'll hurt you…” Dash said, “She doesn't care about anyone… She's just filled with hatred and anger…”

“She lost someone important to her,” Rarity said thinking about her Fluttershy, “I think losing that person painted her outlook on the world. She isn't meant to be feared, she's meant to be pitied. That doesn't excuse her behavior though. After school, I'll deal with her. She might not stop, in fact she probably won't, but this will be the first step in teaching her discipline.”

Rarity turned to walk off, but Dash embraced her from behind crying.

“Please… make her stop…” Dash sobbed, “She wasn't always like this. When we were kids, she was nice, but-”

“Shh…” Rarity said turning to Dash again and embracing her, “It's alright, darling. Why don't you eat with me and my friends, hm?”

“You… want me to eat with you…?” Dash asked.

“Of course,” Rarity said smiling warmly, “Not everyone you know is going to hurt you. You can have friends, Dashie.”

“No one ever calls me that…” Dash said, “Thank you…”

“You're welcome,” Rarity said, “Now come along, darling. Let's get our lunches and go to the library.”

play song

As Rarity and Dash walked off, Dash holding onto Rarity's arm, both Pinkie Pie and Applejack looked at her in shock. After they all gathered their lunches, the four girls went to the library. Pinkie Pie led them to the back of the library, where Twilight was sitting in front of a computer, already eating her lunch.

“Twilight!” Pinkie Pie chirped running up to Twilight and embracing her from behind.

“Hey Pinkie Pie,” Twilight said turning to everyone, “Oh, Rainbow Dash is joining us too?”

“Rarity here was the one who suggested it,” Applejewel said with a shrug, “She stupidly faced Fluttershy an' saved Rainbow, effectively markin herself as public enemy number one.”

“Hold on, what?!” Twilight asked looking at Rarity, “You attacked Fluttershy?!”

“I couldn't take it,” Rarity said putting her hand on Rainbow Dash's shoulder, “Dashie here didn't deserve do be assaulted like that. I had to do something.”

“She was really cool looking,” Pinkie Pie said pulling out her camera, “I took pictures of the whole thing.”

Twilight looked at the pictures and was visibly impressed, “Wow. You look almost like you do this for a living.”

“Where I'm from, I kind of protect my more sensitive friends,” Rarity explained, “I'm not worried about Fluttershy, which is why I'm going to meet up with her after school.”

“What's after school?” Twilight asked.

“Fluttershy challenged Rarity to a fight after school,” Pinkie Pie said, “They're going to fight in the back alley.”

“Oh no!” Twilight said shooting up and running over to Rarity, “Rarity, you can't do this! That's Diamond Dog territory!”

“I know,” Rarity said, “It's the same in my world.”

“Wait… her world?” Dash asked looking at Rarity confused.

“Then you should know that you're about to get ambushed! Fluttershy doesn't play fair! Once she gets a hold of you-”

“Twilight!” Rarity said placing her hands on Twilight's shoulders, “I'll be fine. I've done this before.”

Twilight sighed shaking her head. Rainbow Dash walked over to them and lightly pulled at Twilight's shirt to get her attention.

“Um… what did she mean by "her world"?” Rainbow Dash asked.

“Right, um,” Twilight looked at Rarity embarrassed, “This is a slightly bigger crowd than we wanted, but do you still…?”

“She's bound to find out eventually,” Rarity said, “Besides, you said Applejewel would be a skeptic anyway.”

“Does this have anythin to do with how ya knew my name yesterday?” Applejewel asked folding her arms, “No one knows my real name, so how you knew is sorta strange, and yer little outburst in front of Fluttershy is common knowledge in the school. Just who are you, Rarity?”

Rarity looked around at the girls surrounding her, and felt out of place. The only one who was remotely right was Twilight, but Pinkie Pie, Rainbow Dash, and Applejack looked like complete strangers.

“This is going to sound crazy,” Twilight said stepping forward, “But Rarity here does know all of us. Somehow she landed here from another world. Pinkie Pie, you remember what I said in my text, right?”

“I remember,” Pinkie Pie said, “I tested her myself. She knew my full name.”

“Hold on, hold on,” Applejewel said holding her hands up, “How did this happen, assumin yer tellin the truth.”

“That's the thing, I don't know,” Rarity said somberly, “I remember everything shifting around me, and I heard this creature's roar. It sounded like something out of this world.”

“A creature's roar?” Dash asked.

“Yes. I have no idea what it was, but that thing took my friend Sunset Shimmer,” Rarity said rubbing her arm, “I know this sounds odd, but I swear I'm telling the truth. I just wish to know what happened to my friend, and how I got here.”

“I think she's being serious girls,” Twilight said, “What reason would she have to lie about something like this?”

“It just doesn't make any sense,” Applejewel said, “Parallel worlds, creatures through portals.”

“She does know things she shouldn't know though,” Pinkie Pie said, “She knew both of our names, and I've been watching her go through the school, and she seems to know where everything is.”

“Hm…” Applejewel folded her arms, “Twilight, why do you believe this girl?”

“Honestly, I don't know,” Twilight said, “When I look at her though, something inside is telling me that she and I are supposed to be friends. Besides, I saw how upset she got. No one would be that upset over something she made up.”

“Um… if that's true,” Rainbow Dash said, “What's Fluttershy like in your dimension? Is she nicer?”

“Actually, she's a lot like you,” Rarity said, “You see, apparently in this dimension, I died in a car accident when I was seven. I survived it, but the Rarity here didn't.”

“This is all really elaborate,” Applejewel said, “Too elaborate for it ta be a lie.”

“Do you believe me?” Rarity asked Applejewel.

“Ah ain't so sure,” Applejewel said, “But, Ah'm willin ta give ya the benefit of the doubt. Ya don't seem like a bad person. Actually, ya seem good to a fault.”

“I've heard that before,” Rarity said smiling at Applejewel.

“So… how do we get her back to her dimension?” Rainbow Dash asked.

“That's what I've been trying to figure out,” Twilight said turning to the computer again, “Her situation does sort of match the story of Lavos, the Time Devourer, but that sounds a little too out there.”

“Until then,” Rarity said sitting down, “Why don't you tell me about Fluttershy? I figured while I'm here I might as well help out with a few things.”

“Won't that mess up the time space continuum or somethin?” Applejewel asked sitting down next to Rarity.

“I didn't travel through time,” Rarity said, “That shouldn't apply. It… won't… right?” Rarity asked.

“I'm sure you're fine,” Pinkie Pie said, “Worst case scenario we'll all have to explain how you just vanished all of a sudden.”

“Oh good,” Rarity said sighing in relief, “So, what sort of person is Fluttershy? You said she wasn't always like this?”

“She wasn't,” Rainbow Dash said looking down, “I… didn't want to say anything before, but you… did sort seem familiar to a girl I used to know in elementary school. She had hair like yours, and she and Fluttershy were always together, but I heard she was in an accident. After that, Fluttershy left the school for a bit.”

“How was she when she got back?” Rarity asked.

“She had a dark air about her,” Dash said, “She used to get bullied really bad, but one day she just snapped. She started fighting the bullies back, and at first she was fine, but after a while she just took it too far and became one herself.”

“Fluttershy was always unstable,” Rarity said, “She works at the animal shelter in my world, which I believe balanced her out, but I was the one who suggested that.”

“So without you, Fluttershy became a bully herself as a defense,” Twilight stated, “I kind of feel sorry for her now.”

“Ah don't have any sympathy for her,” Applejewel said daintily eating her lunch, “Her friend dyin doesn't excuse how she treats people.”

“So, with that in mind, what are you going to do?” Pinkie Pie asked, “Are you going to try and bring your Fluttershy out through her?”

“I don't think I can,” Rarity said sadly, “She's too far gone at this point. However, I feel I can at least help her see how much of a bitch she's being and plant the seeds of change.”

“What if you lose?” Dash asked, “Like Twilight said, Fluttershy doesn't play fair.”

“I won't lose,” Rarity said, “I've won in odds that were stacked against me before. This won't be any different.”


end song

At the end of the school day, Rarity walked straight to the back alleyway. Applejewel, Rainbow Dash, Pinkie Pie, and Twilight all went with her, Twilight actually walking next to Rarity. In the alleyway, they found Fluttershy sitting on a dumpster as if it were a throne.

“Well well well, you've got guts, I'll give you that,” Fluttershy said smugly.

“Aren't you calm?” Rarity taunted, “When I saw you this afternoon, you were an absolute mess. Are you ready to apologize?”

“Apologize to Rainbow Trash over there? You've got to be kidding,” Fluttershy said with a laugh, “I'm so calm because there's no conceivable way you're going to win.”

“Oh?” Rarity asked.

“I'm the queen of this school. What's a queen without her knights?” Fluttershy asked before she snapped her fingers.

play song

Out from behind the dumpster walked Rover, Fido, and Spot. Fido had a wooden bat in his hands, Spot was holding a trash can lid, and Rover pounded his fist in his palm. As they surrounded Rarity, her new friends were forced to back away.

“Rarity!” Twilight cried out, “I knew you couldn't play fair, Fluttershy!”

“It's called insurance,” Fluttershy taunted, “But I'll make you a deal Rarity. Get on your hands and knees, beg me to forgive you, and I'll tell my boys to be gentle with you.”

“This is terrible!” Rainbow Dash cried, “It's all my fault!”

“Ah'll get the teachers!” Applejewel said, “Vice-Principal Luna should-”

“Don't you dare!” Rarity called out stopping Applejewel, “If you think I'm going to be intimidated by this, you're sorely mistaken,” she noticed an old broom on the ground in front of her. Naturally, she picked it up, twirled it around above her, and got in her self taught stance, “Don't worry darlings, this will be over before you know it.”

Fluttershy's face was contorted into a scowl, “You're the kind of person I can't stand. Rover, Fido, Spot, I want this uppity bitch wrecked!”

“Yes ma'am!” the Diamond Dogs all said in unison.

Fido rushed at Rarity first, swinging his bat wildly. Rarity ducked out of the way and tripped him with her broom before whacking him in the head. Rover ran to tackle Rarity, but she moved out of the way forcing him to tackle Fido, knocking both of them to the ground.

Spot threw his trash can lit at Rarity, actually knocking her back a bit onto the ground. She rolled to her back just as Rover rushed over to her and tried to pin her to the ground.

“You smell real nice,” Rover said licking his lips, “Definitely my type.”

“Too bad you're not mine!” Rarity said kicking Rover back. She kicked to her feet twirling her broomstick above her head. She turned to Fido just in time, meeting his bat with her makeshift staff.

The two of them clashed weapons for a good while, until Rover got behind Rarity and tried to grab her. Rarity thrust her broom into Rover stomach, and then swung it to Fido's head, knocking them both back and onto the ground.

She turned to Spot, who immediately pushed past Twilight and the others running out of the alleyway. Fluttershy groaned in frustration.

“You boys are useless!” Fluttershy screamed jumping off the dumpster and pulling out two small daggers, “Fine! I'll just do it myself!”

“Fluttershy's got a knife!” Dash cried.

“This is getting really really good,” Pinkie Pie said, already recording the fight on her camera.

“Good?! She's gonna get hurt!” Applejewel cried, “We gotta do somethin!”

“No!” Rarity said, “This is between me and Fluttershy! You all stay out of it!”

Unknown to all of them, someone was watching the fight from a nearby roof, looking right at Fluttershy.

“I bet I can use her,” the figure said with a toothy grin, “Try to bring out the Singularity's latent abilities.”

She created a black orb in her hands, and threw it down at Fluttershy. When it hit the bully, she screamed in pain as a black aura engulfed her.

“W-what's going on with her?!” Applejewel asked.

“Wait, that's not a graphic on my camera…” Pinkie Pie said frowning at her camera.

“Rarity!” Twilight cried, Rainbow Dash simply covering her face in fear.

Fluttershy stood hunched forward a bit as if possessed, and then looked at Rarity with a demonic grin, her eyes glowing red. Rarity backed away a bit as Fluttershy began charging up green energy. She pointed her hands forward, creating a sharp gust of wind that knocked Rarity onto the ground.

“Rarity, are you okay?!” Twilight cried running to her side and helping her up.

“Something is wrong here,” Rarity said rising to her feet, “Was that Equestrian magic? It didn't look like it…”

“Equestrian magic…?” Twilight asked.

“Stay back,” Rarity said getting back in her stance, “There's something possessing Fluttershy!”

“I'm going to enjoy ruining that pretty face of yours,” Fluttershy said laughing like a mad woman, “Scream real loud for mommy now!”

Fluttershy rushed at Rarity slashing with her daggers. Rarity jumped away from the slashes, careful to not let Fluttershy hit her. After a second, Fluttershy began charging up that green energy again and shot another sharp gust of wind at Rarity, who rolled out of the way just in time.

Rarity landed on one knee and looked at Fluttershy as she sauntered over to her throwing one of her daggers up and down.

“Well, you talk a big game Rarity, but this might be it,” Rarity said to herself, “No! I can't die here! My friends, Sunset, they all need me! I have to get back to them!” Rarity tightened her grip on her broomstick, her hand being engulfed in black energy.

“What the…?” Twilight asked, looking at Rarity intently.

Rarity stood up and did the first thing that came naturally, allowing the new feeling building up in her chest to consume her. Black energy charged up around her, just like the green energy did for Fluttershy, and she held her hand forward. A black ball of energy built up in her hands, and she fired it at Fluttershy, actually knocking her back.

“Whoa!” Pinkie Pie exclaimed, “Did that really happen, or is my camera acting up again?!”

“I think Rarity… just used magic…” Dash said in awe.

Rarity didn't know what she just used, but she felt like she could do it again if she built up energy. Brandishing her broomstick again, she braced herself as Fluttershy rushed over to her and slashed with her dagger. Rarity blocked each slash with her broom, and then began her own assault. She noticed that with each impact energy built up within her.

Could she…? Yes, she could use it again.

Rarity jumped away, and charged up that black energy again. Once again she held her hand out creating that black orb, launching it at Fluttershy. This time, Fluttershy went flying into a trash can. At the same time a black mist flew out of Fluttershy's body.

end song

Rarity stood up proudly as her friends all looked at her in shock. A second later, they all started cheering loudly and ran over to her.

“Ah don't believe it! You were tellin the truth!”

“You looked like a super hero! How did you do that thing with your hands?!”

“This is going on Youtube! I have to post this!”

“I thought you were going to die out there! I didn't know you could fight like that!”

“Girls, girls, please,” Rarity said, “I know I looked wonderful just now, but please hold off on the autographs,” a groan caught their attention. The five girls looked and saw Fluttershy shaking her head coming too. Rarity walked over to Fluttershy, her expression unreadable.

“What the hell…?” Fluttershy asked, “Why am I on the ground?” Fluttershy looked up in shock as Rarity stood over her, still holding her broomstick. Fluttershy looked away darkly, but was surprised to see Rarity hold her hand out. When she looked back at Rarity, she was greeted with a warm smile.

“Come now, sitting on the ground like that isn't becoming of a lady,” Rarity said. Fluttershy looked up at Rarity, eyes widening as a look of recognition came over her.

“R-Rarity…?” Fluttershy asked, slowly reaching for Rarity's hand. Right before grasping it though, she caught herself and slapped it away, “You stay away from me!”

Fluttershy stood up and ran out of the alleyway in tears.

“What's goin on with her?” Applejewel asked.

“She's just upset that she lost the fight,” Pinkie Pie said, “Which I'm still going to post to youtube.”

“Rarity, are you going to be okay?” Twilight asked.

“Y-yeah,” Rarity said now looking at her hand, wondering about that odd magic she used, “I'm fine.”


That night, Rarity found that she was having trouble sleeping. Not just because of her current situation that despite now having a few friends in this dimension hadn't improved much if at all, but also because of what happened during her fight with Fluttershy. What possessed Fluttershy that gave her those strange powers?

And how had Rarity gained power herself?

As Twilight slept next to her, Rarity lied on her back looking at her hand in both fear and confusion.

“What's happening to me?” Rarity asked herself, tearing up a bit, “Girls, I wish you were here with me. I miss you all dearly.”

An odd shadow from the window caught her attention. Rarity looked and saw the silhouette of someone standing outside of the window sill. They looked like they were dressed a bit like a jester or clown, but what struck Rarity was how familiar her curly hair looked.

“Pinkie… Pie…?” Rarity asked sitting up. The figure jumped down from the window, and Rarity shot out of bed and over to the window to find them. She saw someone running swiftly in the direction of the school.

Realizing that this might have been the only way for her to get answers, Rarity quickly got dressed and ran out of the room, unaware of how long Twilight had been awake and watching her in confusion.


Rarity stopped when she reached the school and looked around.

“Where are you?” Rarity asked, more so to herself.

“Rarity!” she heard from behind her. Rarity turned to see Twilight, fully dressed and on her bicycle riding over to her.

“Twilight? What are you doing here?” Rarity asked as Twilight stopped in front of her.

“Seriously? You're asking me that?” Twilight asked stepping off her bike, “You're the one who ran out of the house late at night like a crazy person.”

“I'm sorry, but I saw someone,” Rarity said turning back to the school, “They were watching me from the window, and I think they're involved with what happened to Fluttershy earlier. They might even know how I got here,” she saw the figure walk into the back alleyway, and she was almost floored, “Pinkie Pie?!” she cried out running after them. Twilight threw her bike to the ground and gave chase, stopping next to Rarity in the alleyway.

“Hold on…” Twilight asked looking at the mysterious woman before them, “Is that… Pinkie Pie?”

The woman turned to them a with a sinister yet sensual smile. She certainly looked like Pinkie Pie in the face, and her hair was closer to Rarity's Pinkie Pie, if not longer and fuller, looking closer to Adagio's style. She wore a black jester's top that was more like a fancy bra with red sleeve like fabric on her arms connecting to golden bracelets on her wrists, black panties with the same red fabric going down to gold anklets that showed off her shapely legs, and golden high heeled jester shoes. She wore black lipstick and had a red star made up on her right eye, and behind her was a large hula hoop that looked bladed.

“How right you are,” the Pinkie Pie lookalike said, “Or wrong, who can say? There are a lot of Pinkie Pies, you know,” she walked forward, “But I'm not here for you. The Singularity and I need to talk.”

“Singularity…?” Rarity asked.

“Did you enjoy my little gift today?” the jester Pinkie Pie said leaning forward with an odd smile, “The power of Elements are fantastic, right?”

“Elements…?” Rarity asked, her heart racing for some reason.

“The girl you were fighting has a green affinity, and the girl next to you I feel a white affinity from, but you, oh you're a rare one indeed. A black affinity,” jester Pinkie Pie giggled, “All you needed was a little push in the right direction.”

“You did that…” Rarity said, eyes wide, “You were the one who turned Fluttershy into that monster…”

“Wasn't that fun?” jester Pinkie Pie asked laughing, “I thought you'd get a kick out of that.”

“How could you…?” Rarity asked trembling, “She could have been seriously hurt…!”

“Besides giving your powers a push? Oh that's easy,” jester Pinkie Pie smiled showing off what appeared to be vampire fangs, “It. Was. Fun.”

“Fun?! FUN?!” Rarity screamed, grabbing the broom that she left in the alleyway earlier and swinging it at the jester who did a back flip out of the way, “My friends almost died today, just so you could have your fun?!”

“Pinkie Pie, t-this is a joke… right?” Twilight asked, slowly beginning to panic, “You're just messing with Rarity and I, right?”

“Is that what you think?” jester Pinkie Pie asked. She then spun around swinging her hips sexually as if dancing charging up blue energy. She then pointed her hand and Rarity and Twilight, and a sharp icicle appeared above her and shot down at the two of them. Rarity grabbed Twilight and jumped away just in time and then glared at the now confirmed evil jester.

“You…!” Rarity seethed. Sure, this person looked like her Pinkie Pie, and acted a bit like her, but she definitely was not her Pinkie Pie.

play song

“You can call me Pinkamena,” the jester Pinkie Pie said spinning around and getting into her fighting stance, holding her large hoop at her side and swaying her hips back and forth slowly, “If it's a fight you want Rarity, I'm happy to oblige.”

Rarity stood up and got in her fighting stance. Immediately Pinkamena began charging up her element again, firing another icicle at Rarity, who this time blocked with her broomstick. Rarity then rushed at Pinkamena swinging her weapon at the demonic jester, who flipped out of the way of her all of her assaults.

Pinkamena kicked Rarity stunning her, rested her hula hoop on her wrist and spun it around slashing Rarity, knocking her onto the ground.

“Rarity!” Twilight screamed.

“Having fun yet?!” Pinkamena asked maniacally. She then began charging up her element, but this time a blue light converged on her body.

“Rarity, I think she just did something weird to herself!” Twilight said as Rarity stood up, “Brace yourself for her next attack!”

“Got it!” Rarity said. She then charged up her element (happy to see she could use that anytime she wanted) and then held her hand forward, creating her black orb. She mentally called this attack “Shadow Ball”.

She launched her attack at Pinkamena, who surprisingly took the attack head on and didn't seem too hurt by it.

“What?!” Rarity cried.

“Silly filly, you couldn't tell?” Pinkamena said dusting herself off, “Oh right, neither one of you probably have that skill. You see, I have a double attribute, blue and black. This means your elements don't have much effect on me.”

“Damn it…!” Rarity swore, realizing that she might have bitten off more than she could chew this time. Her “weapon” was nothing more than a simple broom, and her one trump card wouldn't work on this woman. She was in trouble this time.

“Why don't I show you what real black elements look like?” Pinkamena said, once again charging up energy, only this time it was black like Rarity. She then rushed toward Rarity holding her ring weapon behind her and started spinning around slashing Rarity, the hoop engulfed in black energy. Rarity was unable to block the attack and fell back onto the ground screaming in pain.

“RARITY!!!” Twilight screamed as Rarity's entire world went dark. The last thing she heard was Pinkamena's demonic yet giddy laughter.


end song

“Wake up!” Twilight urged, “Rarity, please get up!”

“Mmm… Twilight…?” Rarity asked coming to. She sat up slowly rubbing her head, “What happened?”

“Thank God!” Twilight said embracing Rarity, “I thought you had died!”

“Where's… Pinkamena?” Rarity asked looking around.

“She's gone,” Twilight said with a sigh, “She opened some sort of portal and then retreated inside.”

“Portal?” Rarity asked. Twilight pointed in the direction of the dumpster Fluttershy sat on earlier. Sure enough, there was an odd circular phenomenon still present in front of it. It was blue, and was sparking a bit.

play song

“She said 'if you want to know the truth, take the plunge',” Twilight said, “Rarity, I don't think you should go.”

“I have to,” Rarity said standing up, “She knows how I got here, and probably how to get back to my home world.”

“But…”

“Thank you so much Twilight,” Rarity said, still looking at the portal, “Please, keep Dashie close. I'm certain Fluttershy will continue bullying her, but she'll have a harder time if she's with you and your friends.”

Rarity began walking to the portal, but Twilight grabbed her hand stopping her.

“I can't let you go alone Rarity,” Twilight said, “So… I'm coming with you.”

“Twilight!” Rarity exclaimed turning to the teen in shock.

“Something inside of me is screaming that I need to go with you,” Twilight said, “I don't know if it's because I'm afraid you'll die, or if it's some odd connection to your Twilight, but I have to go too.”

“Mmm…” Rarity really wasn't sure this was a good idea. Rarity didn't belong here anyway, but there wasn't a guarantee that they'd ever make it back to this dimension.

“Besides, two heads are better than one, right?” Twilight continued, “If we both go together, I can help you figure out why you were pulled out of your dimension.”

Rarity sighed. Twilight did have a point. Though she wasn't an idiot by any standards, Twilight was a lot smarter than Rarity. She needed someone with her who knew about that “Butterfly Effect” thing just in case it came up again. She didn't want Twilight to come with her, but she did need her help.

“Fine…” Rarity said, “But we need to find you a weapon. Until then, stay behind me, alright?”

Twilight nodded. The two of them looked at the portal apprehensively, nodded, and then jumped through to parts unknown as the portal closed behind them.

No turning back now. Rarity and Twilight's adventure awaited.


CHRONO

REFLECT

Author's Note:

Rarity's theme


If you liked this, then please consider checking out my Patreon.

Thank you so much for all of your support. I love each and every one of you.