• Published 13th Sep 2016
  • 6,152 Views, 112 Comments

What creature is that? - lonelywhitefox



The Princess had found a strange egg after Discord's first defeat and Celestia had no idea what to do with so checked to see if a friend would have better luck.

  • ...
17
 112
 6,152

Chapter 5 part 1 (Edited)

Author's Note:

I might become a bit unpredictable in my schedule of posting after this chapter though I will try my best to continue putting out chapters at a reasonable time. Hopefully I might start being able to make longer chapters after this one. Also sorry this chapter is a bit short, I am easily distracted and will be posting this as part one hopefully the next part should be finished before the end of next week though I will say I might start slowing down in posting just to increase the length. If anyone wants to help me with the comma problem I have you can message me and tell me where they are and I will do my best to fix it.

A Disappearing Act Begins

"Day one, the purple monster is sitting right outside of my hiding hole grinning with the knowledge that I can not hide out here forever. It has even gone as far as to set a plate of food to try and lure me out. I am half tempted to go out although I am sure I will be walking straight into a trap," Aron was thinking in his mental journal before looking out as he heard Spike who had been ordered to watch over him.

"Why is it I have to watch over him? I wasn't the one to scare him under the sofa. Oh well I got a ruby out of it," Spike said as he took a bite of the ruby before noticing the little creature of metal had slipped out and was almost swallowing the plate of fish and fruit. "I still don't see how something that is even smaller than me could do it, even if he is intelligent like Princess Luna says," Spike said as he lightly started petting over the little things head.

Aron looked up at him, a bit surprised that he was comparing size with himself. Aron was now wondering how the hell he was going to do any training with Twilight breathing down his neck and having him watched like a hawk. At least the little lizard or dragon - he wasn't entirely sure what species Spike was - didn't seem to be as much a pain in the ass as Twilight. He was sure that he had much say in it one way or the other that Twilight was going to watch him.

His eyes widen as he heard the sound of hooves coming down the stairs. He had quickly used Harden and tried to roll back under the sofa. Silently cursed as he stopped moving, finding himself covered in the purple magic again, this time being easily lifted off the ground.

"Oh Arceus why do I have a feeling I am going to know how lab rats feel soon!" Aron thought, as Twilight smiled at him. She started carrying him down into the basement where she kept her lab and other scientific apparatus.

"You thought you could get away with it though there were a few clues you left behind. Firstly, you left stacks of books next to everything that you needed to get to. The door to our room and the front door. Secondly, the trail of dots on the floor marking where you had been walking around the house indicated where you'd been sneaking around. Finally, I saw you follow us home yesterday night," Twilight said, as the sweat dripped down Aron's head, his perspiration becoming worse with each fact being laid before him. He tried to keep the most innocent smile on his face.

"Oh I am so fucked, the only way I could be more fucked is if she had woke up when I was dying her hair," Aron thought, with the sweat going down his face. Looking up at her though, he was a bit surprised when she put him in a dog carrier cage.

"You will be there until I'm ready for the test I still have some spells I am finishing up with Spike and I will be going out for the day and will be back in the evening to feed you," Twilight said as she headed upstairs. Once she shut the door he let out a sigh of relief. He thought it would be best to wait for there to be silence before trying anything.

As the time passed by, he heard Spike talking about a mustache spell or something. Why is there a need for a spell like that, and why am I thinking this is not the most silly spell that she had learned? With a sigh, he heard what he could only guess were fireworks outside and then he heard the library door open and close. With a smile, he realized he now had his opportunity. He opened his jaw and slipped it between two different bars of the small wired cage. With a loud groan from the cage, there was a snap as he ate through the metal bars. "Hmm iron tastes a bit like bacon! Awesome!" he thought, now curious as to what tin and gold tasted like. He walked through the small hole and started to climb up the stairs before jumping up and grabbing the doorknob in his mouth. He turned it and slammed his body against the door. Now having a dab of sweat on his forehead, the doorknob came off in his mouth as the door flung open and sent him flying. He had forgotten he weighed a good amount more than something his size should and swallowed the copper door knob which tasted a bit like like shrimp or catfish.

He saw that she had thankfully forgotten to move the books back from the door, so once more he climbed back onto the pile, opening the door lightly before slipping out. Closing the door behind him, he saw a large crowd near the middle of town and heard the shouting, most likely from a performer of some kind. When a thought came to his mind, he slipped over into his ball form, listening to the chat between the crowd and the performer as he rolled close to the stage. He knew that it was not going to end well when he heard them harassing the performer, calling her a show-off and thinking. "Do these ponies really not understand the point of a performer? To try and live bigger than life?" He guessed that with magic really existing here, performers must be few and far between.

Just as he said that, he could hear who it was that was trying to pick holes in the performance. It was one of the people who had been watching over him. He shook his head knowing that they were going to take this the wrong way. Once more they started challenging the performer. After three of them embarrassed themselves and the show seemed over for now he started rolling toward the little trailer thing that the performer stayed in. He was wondering if he could do any kind of voice he knew with Mimic. He thought of one of the only two male voices he had heard since he got here. "Now to see if this works," he had whispered to himself with a smile. He was able to copy the voice of the one who had brought him here, even though he still didn't have a name to the voice yet.

He sneaked over to the door and knocked on it with his head. He was a bit surprised when he heard the reply, "The Great and Powerful Trixie shall be there in a moment!" He sighed as he guessed she was really good at staying in character, or at least he hoped that this was a character to her. After a while she finally opened the door and looked around somewhat before looking down to see the little metal creature. "What is this a trick or treat for Trixie?" Aron sighed as he walked in before Trixie closed the door, watching the little creature as he sat down in a seat and looking up at her.

"Well I guess I could be thought of as both, since I had thought that you were a traveler and a performer, I would make you an offer and give you some advice. What do you say?" Aron said, with a smile on his face. She didn't consider his offer, since Trixie had fallen backwards after having passed out "Huh. Maybe I should have seen that coming. I will just have to wait for her to wake up," he said. Letting out a light sigh. He lay down lightly, humming to himself as he played the waiting game.