• Published 11th Sep 2016
  • 2,392 Views, 14 Comments

Entropy - D Historian



Entropy. The ultimate form of chaos. The one type of chaos Discord hates. It has claimed her.

  • ...
2
 14
 2,392

Entropy's Jaws Will Snatch

Entropy

~~*~~

Her laughter was intoxicating, leaking into the air and filling the environment with a peace no mortal creature should have be able to cast. And it wasn't even an unnatural, or false bliss, it was very real. Everything she did was natural. Every graceful movement encouraged creatures and beings to move with her, to follow, and drown in the euphoria. Her voice was already music, but her singing was unearthly. It was the sound of an angel, a melodious tool that outmatched a siren, without even a hint of insincerity.

She was beautiful.

Her smile would battle against the sun to shine the brightest, and the sun would surrender immediately against the pure quirk of lips that summoned an echo of the action from everyone around her. She gave happiness to everyone, stealing a piece of every creature's heart unintentionally along the way.

And she would help, and care. Her kindness was an ocean of warmth, overflowing to everything, pouring through every pore in her body, a shining beacon of love in her eyes. The light in her eyes never dimmed, but shone on, brighter when she was being kind. Which was pretty much most of the time. Her kindness was unmatched, and it made the shadows of cruelty in the world quiver in terror, before succumbing to become a whole, part of the kindness.

Discord could not understand.

His mind, older than Celestia's, with more knowledge about every pattern and fabric in reality, containing more information about the workings of the universe, was thrown into an abrupt state of chaos, more than usual, whenever she did the littlest things, like turn her smile towards him, or nuzzle him. Discord, The Master of Chaos, the powerful draconequus who could bring nations to their knees, was confused.

How? How was she so lovely and compassionate without even trying? How was doing all that so natural to her? How did a creature like her exist? And why? Why did she care, love even, an entity of complete chaos, an enemy to her harmony, and make him love her back?

It was a real mystery.

"No, no it isn't." Fluttershy stated, pouncing playfully on a white tuft of feathery hair that eluded her capture and darted out of the way when she tried again, a red tail coiling around her and pinning her limbs to her sides, giggling. She struggled against the tail that constricted around her, still trying to pull at the white furry tip."

"Aha! I have you captured!" Discord grinned at her smugly. Ignoring the slight discomfort of being sat on, Fluttershy posed dramatically, sighing pointedly. She locked her heart-melting gaze on Discord, a smile forming when his grip on her faltered.

"Oh no, you don't!" Discord used the tip of his tail to brush against her lightly, drawing a muffled giggle. This had quite the effect on her, as it stopped her eyes from turning into gigantic orbs of pity, which was Discord's weakness. The Lord of Chaos could easily withstand her stare, a horrifying equipment used to torture ponies...

"Stop it, Discord. I don't torture ponies!"

...Animals, then, but he could not pull himself together to resist the puppy dog eyes.

"I don't torture anyone!" Fluttershy retorted, frowning and crawling out of the red tail wrapped around her. Booping Discord on his nose, her face turned serious, asking with a slight waver in her voice. "You do...don't think I...I torture them, do you?"

"No, of course not!" Realising he had hit a sore spot, the draconequus tilted her chin up to meet his eyes. "You are the embodiment of kindness. My embodiment of kindness." Seeing her smile, he continued teasingly. "You only torture me."

He waited for her smile to widen, but it never came. She remained still, her eyes fixated on his. "I won't be around forever, you know." She whispered, but her barely audible voice was loud and clear for Discord.

Ignoring his heart twist in his chest, Discord feigned a snort, patting his mate. "Don't be silly, Flutters, you are immortal, remember?"

The world was deadly silent around them. The colours seemed to flicker for a moment, and everything was grey, a suffocating shade that made it hard to breathe, and everything lost its beauty. It was familiar, and Discord's heart stopped in an overwhelming sense of dread and nostalgia. Fluttershy licked her lips, her tongue brushing over them in an effort to make speaking easier.

"Then let's say that I didn't die. Let's say that I was gone, somewhere you could not reach, and you would not know when you would ever see me again."

"I..." Discord's throat was very tight, and the thumping in his chest was almost painful.

"You wouldn't know if you would see me ever again, and you spend an eternity waiting." Her words stabbed at Discord, ripping him to a million pieces.

"Would you look for me, Discord?" Her voice trailed off.

"I would...please...don't leave me, Fluttershy."

~~*~~

"This is...why I don't...make...promises."

Fluttershy's voice was soft, and her breath was slow, wheezing in and out of her lungs at an agonising pace. Her eyes were as bright as ever, but the ocean of aquamarine jewels in them was sparkling slower, and seemed like a deep pool, a pond with no bottom, the depts shadowed and dying. She could feel her mate's tears dripping down onto her to moisten her fur, a paler yellow than it had ever been.

Her beauty was still there, but her rattling breaths made it hard for Discord to focus on how she looked. He hurried his muzzle into her soft rose curls, the smell wafting over him. She seemed so weak, so frail in his arms, nothing like the Fluttershy who would shout her head off at Angel if he made a wrong move. Still, she was Fluttershy, his Fluttershy.

He was going to lose her.

The aroma that filled his nostrils would soon grow stale, and her fur would turn brittle. The heavenly smell of her would be burnt into his memory forever, but no where else, and her scent would soon fade, only leaving a happy remembrance of the times they used to have. Then Fluttershy would only be a memory. She would never laugh, sing, smile, shout ever again.

The realisation hurt more than anything, his heart breaking into shards in his chest.

Her breath was lighter now, and the barest tickle of air on him when she breathed out, the only sign she was alive.

Then that was gone, too.

Her heartbeat thumped in his ear, once, twice, and it stopped completely.

Her smile was radiant on her face, and her eyes were closed. She was still so beautiful, even in death.

Death.

"No! No, no!"

"FLUTTERSHY!"

"Don't leave me!"

"I need you!"

The howls of agony and despair from the Lord of Chaos was heart wrenching to hear, and it took both Luna and Celestia to drag the draconequus away from his wife. Luna buried her head in her sister's shoulder, weeping at the sight of her friends, both of them, reduced to this. Celestia fought Discord, pulling him away, tears shining in her compassionate lilac eyes. He continued to scream her name, struggling madly to get back to her side. He roared in frustration that he was denied his own death, and he longed to join her.

A cry tore through the winds and past the heavens, which grumbled in reply. The earth was soon surrounded in the grey turmoil of a storm, and the clouds poured their sorrow onto the ground. Rain streaked down Discord's face, mingling with tears. He felt numb, and disconnected, his eyes staring blankly.

Entropy. Death. Decay. The ultimate form of chaos.

Pain. Heartbreak.

Fluttershy was dead.

The words repeated over and over in his head, screaming with intensity.

Entropy was chaos, but in its own way, it was not.

Chaos was the unpredictability of things, the change, the constant shifting.

Dead things could not create chaos. Dead things were orderly.

In its own way, Entropy was order.

"Entropy is order, eh?"

"Would you look for me, Discord?" Fluttershy's voice rang in his head.

Death was order.

"It's a real good thing that I'm good at breaking the order of things, then."

Author's Note:

So sad.
:fluttercry:
Don't own any of the MLP characters, they belong to their own owners.

There may be a sequel.......

Its not a good idea to tamper with the order of things...

Comments ( 14 )
Comment posted by D Historian deleted Sep 11th, 2016
Comment posted by D Historian deleted Sep 11th, 2016

So.... summery please. How she die?

7554559
Oh, uh, some sort of Attack. It doesn't really matter tho, just that the immortality magic failed, and she ded.

AW! Poor Discord, but, what exactly was Fluttershy dying from? It seemed that she looked healthy and wasn't old, so was it weird illness? All in all, it was a good story, and the beginning part was told beautifully!

7555439
I did not put detail into HOW, the concept of the story was what Discord feels about it. So...uh...she ded:twilightblush:

That is sad but Discord Celestia and Luna... have to get used to experience this kind of horror over and over again. Perfect subject for a sad story well done. :twilightsmile:

7556088 The thing is, this is the first time that Discord had loved anyone but himself, over the countless years of his existence. That level of despair, something he'd never felt before, would burn his heart to an ashen husk with a pain so severe. It's similar to how the Auditors of Reality, from Discworld, work. They've existed for billions of years, their minds knowing almost everything, but not actually experiencing it; it's to the point that when there are ones who take human forms in Thief of Time, eating a plain soda cracker makes them go unconscious from the sensation, and eating chocolate kills them outright. We don't know if Discord's been around for quite that long, but still, this is his first experience with heartbreak. The devastation would probably make him even crazier than he already is.

7556088

And this is why Twilight needs to get on getting her friends to ascend to godhood too, and why I think Celestia hopes to one day have Alicornhood be the norm.

Full of feelings alright.
That was so sad and yet a beautiful short story. Quite contradicting.
Oh, Discord...

Okay that nearly took a tear in my eye

This remind me of reapertale of sans au’s

Login or register to comment