• Published 16th Sep 2016
  • 720 Views, 7 Comments

A Shadowed Past - King Sombra Returns



Princess Luna begains to have secend thoughts about the Canterlot feasco as she rembers her small group of friends

  • ...
2
 7
 720

Shatterd

The King of monsters and Shasows had returned and been defeated. Shattered by the light and love of the Crystal Heart, powered by Princess Candence and the now free slaves of the Crystal kingdom. And while everyone celebrated one in particular was in mourning and in a state of anger. Princess Luna stood before the element's of harmony, Princess Celestia, and the new rulers of the crystal empire. " What in Tartarus where you thinking!? You shattered him in pieces!" The Princess of the night yelled in the royal Canterlot voice. "It wasn't out fault! We had no idea the Heart would do that!" Twilight pointed out. " She's right Luna there was no-" Princess Celestia started before she was interrupted by her younger sister, " Stay out of this Tia! You know as well as I do that when a Umbrum is hit by the light of the heart they are..." She took a breath and closed her eyes that were full of remorce. " They are destroyed." She finished. She took about her breath and glared at Twilight rage filling them, " And if you had read the full text of the heart instead of skimming it you would know this!" Twilight gulped and looked Luna in the eyes. " There was a page ripped out, I wasn't able to read the full text." She said speaking calmly. " Of course he tore the page out..." Luna mumbeled under her breath. When everyone looked at her her rage returned, it seemed to be a never ending pattern. One that Princess Celestia had seen once before, a thousand years ago before she sent Luna to the moon. Luna then turned her gaze back to the young mare that represented magic. " I would have thought Ms. Twilight that as a Mage in magic you would know better than to use artafacts without knowing what they could do! " She yelled making Twilight shrink back, " You do realize that you have Murdered some pony!" She kept pushing until Twilight was almost in tears before another voice spoke up, " Why do you care!? He was a villain and he inslaved an Empire! You should be patting her on the back!" Rainbow Dash yelled back, sick of the way she was treating her friend. Luna turned sharply to Rainbow. She glared at the Cyan pegasus. " I was not taking to you Ms. Dash now was I!?" She yelled her tone slightly sharper than normal than normal. " And as far as your statement on my alegence you, as the element of Loyalty should be able to tell where I stand. I just think that someone as bright as Ms. Spakle should know better than to use an artifact that she knew Nothing about!" She said as her eyes flashed, her pupils narrowing and the whites of her eye's turning a slight teal in the height of her anger. Her sister saw this and spoke up once more trying to get Luna to calm down before something happened. "Luna, I think you should calm down, this isn't like you. You need to calm yourself before you make... a mistake." Celestia spoke in her normal calm tone dispite her fear of her sister turning back into the demon she once was. Luna on the other hoof could not calm down. Her blood was hot. She was furious and heartbroken, and not even her sister's calming words could calm her down at this point. Luna's ear twitched as her anger fueled, even her own sister was turning against her! Then her mind flashed back to something from long ago. A young Stallion laying in the grass next to her, wrapping her in a embrace as he slowly smothed her mane back whispering kind and calming words. Her heart skipped a beat. She did exactly what the Stallion asked her, take deep breaths and think about her favorite things. She was calm. She was called back into the real world and her appearance returned to normal. The whole room was silent and Twilight looked frightened of her as well as Rainbow, but fear did not cover her, anger did. " Forgive my outburst, I was in the wrong. I shall leave you now to chat among yourselves. In such time when you can forgive me and I am calmed from the fires of my anger I will come back. Ms.Sparkle I expesilly appologize to you, I was in no way right in my actions." She looked at her sister once more with remorse. " And my apologies to you sister, please for give me." She said as she bowed slightly to her sister, a royal signature apology. " Sister you know there is no need for you to use that these days." Celestia said smiling at her sisters out dated formality. Then another voice cut through the room " Yeah I'm sorry too I shouldn't have been so rude Princess." Rainbow said rubbing her arm with her hoof. Luna smilied and nodded at Rainbow. "Um, can I speak without getting chewed at?" Shining Armor asked remembering the last time he had spoken out of term to the Princess. Luna laughed and put a hoof to her mouth to stifle her laughing fit. " Yes young Prince you may." She said in a calmer voice than she had used this whole time.Everyone was slightly confused but they laughed anyway. Soon everyone was too busy to notice Luna slip away to the glass windows. She stood in front of the one that held Sombra's fate and she put her hoof up to the glass. He was gone. He was dead. He would never come back. She closed her eye's tightly and tried to tell herself this was a good thing. He would torment no more. She tried to ignore the ache in her chest. It was hurting her to even see the glass. " If only I could I have stopped him before it was to late..." She said sorrow filling her voice. Soon the great hall was filled with silence. It seemed to be hours before someone came looking for her. " Your Highness your sister has requiested your presence at dinner." Her guard Iron Sheild said his voice calm and stilll. "Of course, will the others be there as well?" She asked, her heart still aching. " Yes your Highness. They are waiting for you in the Dinining hall." She looked at her favorite guard and replyed, " You know I have told you thousands of time to just call me Luna. " She said trying to lighten the mood. " I am trained to be respectful and Correct when addressing you, Your Higheness. And the Dinner?" Luna sighed and shook her head slightly. " Tell my sister I will be there in a moments time." She said attempting to be alone for a few minutes longer. " Very well your Highness." He said before walking towards the Dineing area. Luna laughed quietly. " I wish they wern't for formal all the time. If they were only like Baris..." She stoped her self cold, she knew that remembering him would only lead to more hurt. And that was something she could not handle right now. She sighed once more looking at the Stainglass window of Sombra's defeat once more and instead of seeing him being shattered to bit's she saw a young Stallion with a pitch black mane, bright ruby red eyes, a pure white coat, and a simple blue cloak on his back, and a simple crystal crown apon his head. A warm smile graced his face as his warm eyes filled with hope and love. She smiled and forced herself to come back to reality before she broke down, again. "Princess?" Iron Shield had come back for her. " I'm ready... Lets go" She said as she walked next to him, walking towards the dining hall to greet her guests and hopefully have their forgiveness.

Author's Note:

So I have been putting this off for a while.. He he he.. But I have this chapter out and another one for Shadows and Sunlight. But I hope you enjoy it. (Ps. I am doing this on my I Phone and it will have several errors. I will fix these when I have the chance. This is just a harsh version of it.:twilightblush: Until next time!