• Published 26th Jun 2012
  • 1,514 Views, 136 Comments

The Emergency - Wheller



95 years in the future, the fight against communism rages on!

  • ...
7
 136
 1,514

Chapter 8

Chapter 8

Summer was happy to be home, and as she sat on the sofa with Aurora, she had never been happier. They'd been talking mostly about Aurora's new school. Even in a school with gifted foals, Summer still knew that Aurora was the smartest of them all.

That filly absorbed information like nobody's business. She was only eight years old and she displayed a high aptitude and understanding in calculus, physics, astronomy, and a number of other fields. That wasn't saying that she knew everything there was to know about these subjects... or at least she didn't yet. That was always the joke in the Lightfall household, 'Aurora doesn't know everything, but she will by next week'. It was safe to say that Aurora Lightfall was nothing short of a complete genius, Summer was proud of her, and happy to hear about her successes with her studies.

There were two sides to the coin, however, as there always were. Aurora was the brightest student in her class, and everyone knew it. Aurora was having trouble making friends. Based on everything that Aurora had said, no one in her class wanted to talk to her because they saw her as a know it all. To be fair, Aurora did know a lot about a number of different subjects. She made a room full of brilliant foals into idiots. Not that Aurora thought she was better than anyone else. Summer had drilled into her sister that no one was better than anyone else years ago. Still, it wasn't helping.

'… so yeah, school is school, I really enjoy my classes and I like my teacher!' Aurora said with a smile as she finished up her story.

'I'm glad you like it kiddo', Summer said with a smile, ruffling her younger sister's mane. 'You really should try to make some friends though, are there any foals who that you have common interests with?'

Aurora frowned and looked down at the ground. 'I... um... I haven't really talked to anyone', she said softly.

This was the second problem. Aurora was notoriously shy to the point of complete meekness in informal social situations, the structure of a class room was where she really shined, but with no direction, no problem needed to be solved? Aurora was basically helpless. Could have been worse though, her younger sister could lash out at and be mean to people trying to talk to her, but she was far too polite to ever do that.

'Aurora... we talked about this...' Summer said with a frown.

'I know! I know! But... it's hard...' Aurora said, frowning back.

'I know it is but if you give it your best effort...' Summer stopped herself in mid sentence. Out of the corner of her eye, she noticed something, a small flash of light. She turned slowly, and that was when she noticed it. There was a digital camera floating at the level of the window sill in a unicorn's telekinetic grip. 'Aurora, go upstairs', Summer said simply.

'What? Why?' Aurora asked, looking at her older sister in confusion.

'I'll explain later... just go upstairs, please', Summer said.

Aurora nodded her head in understanding, and rose from her seat and headed upstairs. Summer got up and headed over to the front door and threw it open. She stepped out onto the porch and looked over to the window that opened up into the living room. Lying in the bushes just below the window was a navy blue unicorn stallion, and he was levitating the digital camera that she had seen up, still taking pictures, seemingly oblivious to the fact that there was no one in the room to take pictures of.

'Oi!' Summer cried out. 'The bloody hell do you think you're doing!?'

She had clearly startled the unicorn stallion; he dropped the camera and quickly rose to his hooves to run. Summer was faster though; she leapt at him, throwing her full weight on him and knocking him back to the ground. She picked up his camera in her telekinesis and took a look of the last few pictures he had taken. What she found horrified and disgusted her. The pictures were all of Aurora. Here at home, pictures of when she was at school, even pictures of when Aurora was out with their mum and dad.

'What the FUCK is this SHITE?!' Summer cried out in anger, as she showed the pictures to the unicorn stallion on the ground.

'No! No! It's not what you think! I swear!' the unicorn stallion cried out.

'Oh? Because it looks like you've been taking pictures of my LITTLE SISTER without her or my parents consent! Which is illegal, I might add. What are you then? Some kind of sick pervert with a foal fetish!?' Summer cried out.

'No! No! It's nothing like that! I swear! I swear!' The unicorn stallion cried out.

'Oh? Then what is it?' Summer asked, looking at the unicorn stallion with disbelief.

'I... uh... can't tell you?' The unicorn stallion said with an uneasy smile.

'Wrong answer arsehole!' Summer cried out as she drove her left fore hoof as hard as she could into the stallion's face. She rose to her hooves and used her telekinesis to pull the unicorn stallion onto her back and trotted away from the house and turning down the next street.

'Wha... what are you doing!?' the stallion cried out.

'You and your sorry arse are going in the bay!' Summer said as she turned down another street, and crossed to the water's edge of the Fillydelphia bay.

'No! Please! Stop! Don't do this! This is assault! This is illegal!' the stallion cried out, pleading for mercy.

'So is secretly taking pictures of an eight year old filly!' Summer said before using her telekinesis to remove the MIP off the stallion's fetlock, and then promptly tossed him into the Fillydelphia bay.

She watched for a moment while the unicorn stallion struggled to keep himself above water, he must not have been a strong swimmer. Summer couldn't help but smirk, if he wasn't before, he would be soon. She held the MIP in front of her and pulled up the holographic interface. Now it was time to see who this bastard was. She discovered very little, his name was Midnight Blue, how original, he was twenty five, and he lived in Ponyville. Kind of far from home this one was, if he wanted to spy on a foal for his own sick fantasies, wouldn't he pick one a bit closer to home? Continuing to look through the information, she discovered that his MIP was FutureTec issue. He was a Junior Systems Analyst at Station SPECTRE, in the Ghastly Gorge Industrial Complex.

Gobbledygook as far as Summer was concerned. FutureTec loved the names that they gave everything, as far as she was concerned though, his employment didn't matter.

'Is there a problem here?' a voice asked from her left.

She turned to discover that while she was looking at the MIP, a patrol unit from the Fillydelphia Constabulary had come up to her. The constable was an earth pony stallion, clad in the reflective yellow vest and the famed custodian helmet of the police services of Equestria.

'Oh, I just found this pervert laying in my front garden, taking pictures of my little sister, so I beat him up and tossed him in the bay', Summer said with a shrug.

'I see... you have any proof of this?' the constable asked.

'His camera', Summer said, showing him the pictures on the camera.

'You do know that what you did is illegal?' the constable asked.

Summer merely offered him a shrug.

'Yep... tossing rubbish into the bay is littering, the fish could try and eat it and they could get sick', the constable said with a nod. 'Fine is usually five hundred pounds... but I think that I'll go ahead and let you off with just a warning this time, don't let me catch you doing it again', the Constable added with a smile.

'IS SOMEONE GOING TO HELP ME?' the unicorn stallion cried out.

'Oh shut up! Tread water! You'll be fine!' the constable cried out before turning back to Summer. 'Go on home ma'am, I'll call for more patrol units to help fish him out'.

'Will do', Summer said with a nod, handing over the stallion's camera and MIP and headed home. Her mind filled with thoughts as to what had just happened. The unicorn stallion was a pervert, she knew that for certain, but she still had to wonder, what had made him come this far from home to watch a filly? As sick as the thought was, Ponyville had twice the amount of people that Fillydelphia had, so why not a stalk filly from there? Why did he specifically seek out Aurora?