• Published 9th Sep 2016
  • 6,257 Views, 101 Comments

I'm Still Here - Ribe_FireRain



Rainbow Dash encounters Scootaloo while in the hospital and finds out something shocking.

  • ...
12
 101
 6,257

Fluttershy and Rainbow Dash Reconcile

Author's Note:

WARNING: May contain some suggestive scenes, of which were not intentional!

Rainbow Dash didn’t sleep that night. She couldn’t sleep. She was tired, sure, but she found herself to be restless. Her mind was elsewhere, stuck somewhere along the bent tracks without a way of passage, and it made her head hurt. She was beating herself up about earlier, how she had handled her conversation with Fluttershy when she had made the proposal to adopt Scootaloo.

Rainbow was a little sore after flying with Scootaloo in the fields outside of the cottage, herself doing most of the work to aid Scootaloo in her flights, seeing as she was incapable of flying at the moment. They had tested out the Cloud Buster and given it its maiden voyage, with Rainbow being the one to support the underside of the scooter and make it seem like Scootaloo was in control, to give her a taste of what it was like to be a sky scooter pilot. And she loved every second of it.

It amused Rainbow Dash how eager the little filly was to get herself back out there and in the skies so soon to give it another whirl. Dash knew the feeling herself; once you had a taste, even a tiny, little bite, a snippet, you found yourself endlessly hungry for more of it, you craved it and you thought of nothing but the need to satisfy the urge. Seeing Scootaloo so enthusiastic was heartwarming, and it made Dash feel old, remembering how long ago it was when she had her own taste of the sky and the wind ruffling her mane and feathers.

Thoughts of flight aside, Rainbow Dash was waiting for Fluttershy to come home. She hadn’t come back since she left this morning, and Rainbow Dash had no clue where she was. She wanted to go out and search for her, to find her and make sure that she’s alive and well, but she had the responsibility of looking out for the filly in her custody. She couldn’t simply up and leave the girl to take care of herself, could she? That wouldn’t be so responsible of her, would it?

Twilight’s still stuck in my head from earlier! Rainbow thought. I know that I can’t leave Scoots on her own, not like she can’t take care of herself, that kid’s strong and brave, like me, but if Fluttershy came back while I’m out looking for her, she’ll be furious! Man, where is she? I’m not sure how long I can take the torture of not knowing if she’s alright or not!

‘’Come on, Fluttershy, where are you?!’’ Rainbow muttered to herself beneath her breath. She kept hovering between the window upstairs in her bedroom that viewed over her front porch and garden path and her bed, finding it impossible to calm herself. ‘’Where are you? This is driving me insane!’’

She had expected the mare back during the early hours of the afternoon, or perhaps earlier, but the time was currently reading out as 09:15 at night, according to the clock ticking silently on the wall in front of the bed. This was more than enough reason to cause the cyan mare to worry for her friend’s well-being, and she wasn’t going to chill out until she had an answer on either her whereabouts or her status. It was making her heart hurt by this point.

Another second ticked by.

Still no Fluttershy.

And another.

Still no Fluttershy.

Dash darted towards the window peering out towards the dirt path leading to the front door.

Still no Fluttershy.

‘’UGH!’’ Rainbow Dash groaned loudly, pulling at her eyelids in mental frustration, tormented. She was beyond frustrated by this point, about ready to start climbing the walls and doing somersaults. This was more than soul-crunching, waiting for the butter mare to come back.

‘’Grrr! I can’t take this crap anymore!’’ Rainbow Dash was about to turn around and bolt out of the door to the bedroom, but before she made it out, she halted in mid air, freezing in place when she noticed the figure of Fluttershy standing there.

Well, Rainbow Dash was sure that the pony standing there was Fluttershy, but there was something…different about her.

Fluttershy’s mane, flowing and incredibly vibrant and silky-looking, was done up, as one might do when attending an important social event such as The Grand Galloping Gala. It was curled by both sides of her cheeks, similar to how Rarity styled her own mane, but in neat little corkscrews that hung down like elegant decorations on a chandelier. The top of her mane was smoothened and conditioned, the scent of strawberries blissfully emitting from it.

Her eyes had more depth to them, made more prominent with the aid of a light touch of mascara to give them more perk, and her eyelids were polished, more lively and shiny with a delicate brushing of clear eye shadow. It wasn’t much, but it was enough to be noticeable. Looking at her coat, Dash also saw that it had been given a preening and a thorough cleaning and grooming session, making it more fluffy and plush in appearance.

Rainbow Dash, while hovering in front of the mare, had her mouth hung agape, a soft blush tinging her cheeks. She couldn’t believe that the mare standing in front of her was indeed Fluttershy!

Oh, my…! Dash thought, hardly able to contain herself. What, huh?! She looks so cute! And…is that strawberries I can smell?

‘’F-Fluttershy?!’’ Rainbow Dash exclaimed, taken aback, although she was definitely intrigued. ‘’What’s all this about?’’ She motioned towards the butter mare’s perked-up features. ‘’More over, where have you been?! I’ve been so worried about you that I can’t sleep!’’

‘’I’m sorry that I made you worry, Dashie, but I was over at Rarity’s boutique for a little longer than I expected,’’ Fluttershy said, not feeling the need to mention any key details, such as the conversation involving the cyan mare in front of her.

‘’Well, couldn’t you have at least send me a letter or something to tell me that you’d be back late? What if something had happened to you?’’ Rainbow Dash asked, feeling a small flare of anger ignite in her gut, although it vanished as soon as it had appeared. ‘’But, uh, what’s all of…this?’’ Rainbow glanced around Fluttershy’s figure, scanning her both up and down, wondering on what the mare was up to.

Never has Rainbow Dash ever seen Fluttershy this done up since The Gala, and that was the only reason she’d consider gussying herself up like this. On any other day, Fluttershy’s wouldn’t put any effort into her appearance of the same magnitude as Rarity, save for maybe some flavourful conditioner, but this…what was she doing? Clearly, there was something at play, and Rainbow was suspicious as soon as she laid eyes on her. She wanted to know what was going on.

‘’Rarity and I went to the Ponyville Spa for one of our regular meet-ups. Aloe and Vera talked me into trying out a new look, so Rarity offered to do my mane for me once we left,’’ She explained. ‘’And you can fly again,’’ She pointed to her wings.

Rainbow Dash instantly let herself drop back onto her hooves, forgetting that she was in violation of her personal doctor’s orders. She blushed sheepishly and she scratched the back of her neck with a hoof, averting her gaze from Fluttershy’s to obscure her intense shame. She felt Fluttershy’s wounded scowl from where she was standing.

‘’Rainbow Dash, how could you? You know that you shouldn’t be flying around too soon without letting me check how your bones are healing up first!’’ Fluttershy said, her tone frustrated. ‘’If you put too much strain on your bones so soon, you’ll end up right back where you started, and I can’t promise that the damage won’t be permanent!’’

‘’I have to fly, Fluttershy, you know that!’’ Rainbow retorted. ‘’I’ve been walking everywhere on the ground for months, and it’s been driving me batty! I literally can’t stand being grounded, and I have to give my wings a few exercises to get them fixed up properly!’’ She argued, and Fluttershy gave her a disappointed, neglectful look.

‘’Oh, Dashie, is flying all that you care about? Is there nothing in this world that you love more than being able to fly?’’ She asked her, feeling heat well up in her gut, the first time that she’d actually gotten angry at the cyan mare. Rainbow glared at her, offended.

‘’What, no, of course not! Um, I mean, yes, there are things that I care about, and—-‘’

‘’Like what?’’

‘’For starters, both you and Scootaloo, and my position as a Wonderbolt,’’ Dash listed, but Fluttershy crinkled her nose at her.

‘’If we’re so important to you, then why haven’t you been listening to me? Hmm? How long have you been able to fly?’’ She inquired, taking a step towards the other pegasus, to which she stepped back nervously, feeling the pressure.

‘’Um…about a week?’’ Dash gave it a random guess, but the gradually hardening glare from Fluttershy made her heart skip a beat. ‘’B-But I haven’t been flying! Honest! I’ve only been limiting myself to hovering to flap the stiffness out of my wings!’’ She added quickly. As much of a lie as it might have been, with Dash refraining from mentioning her little flying lesson with Scootaloo, Fluttershy eyeballed her, trying to convince herself that it was the truth.

‘’Alright,’’ She began slowly, backing away from her face, but her lips were still contorted into a suspicious, disapproving scowl. Dash could tell that she was having a hard time buying her story. ‘’If you say so.’’

‘’I’m telling you the truth!’’ Dash said with a groan. No, she wasn’t telling the whole truth. ‘’Oh, you know what, nevermind! So, Fluttershy? There’s been something I’ve been waiting to say to you, but I don’t know if you want to hear it, because you’ll probably think I’m also lying about it, too,’’ She said, rolling her eyes, but Fluttershy chose to wisely ignore the snide remark.

‘’And what might that be?’’ Fluttershy asked, now clearly and visibly annoyed. Rainbow Dash gave a hefty sigh and prepared herself for what she was about to say.

‘’I’m sorry.’’ Fluttershy’s ear twitched and she blinked.

‘’Wait, what?’’

‘’I said ‘I’m sorry’,’’ Rainbow repeated. ‘’I’m sorry for throwing this whole adoption thing on top of you like a sack of cement. It wasn’t right to dump the weight on top of you out of nowhere like that, so I’m sorry, alright?’’

Fluttershy’s eyes fixed upon Rainbow’s, completely stunned and her face unreadable as she stared at her. It was a rare sight to witness, seeing the usually up-beat and strong, confident mare realising when she’s made a terrible mistake.

Fluttershy had been friends with her for almost the entire duration of her life to this point, and she was able to learned through that time when to tell if Rainbow was sorry, regretful, guilty or upset about something. Staring at her now, there was a pang of sympathy within the butter mare’s heart for her.

‘’That’s…nice,’’ Fluttershy said, managing a small smile. It was faint, but it was still sincere. ‘’But you don’t have to apologise. I know that your heart’s in the right place,’’ She tried to talk her down, but Rainbow, being forever persistent, didn’t allow it to happen.

‘’No, I do, Fluttershy!’’ Rainbow moved forward and took a hold of Fluttershy’s hoof before leading her over to the bed, sitting her down on the edge of it. ‘’You know that I’m not very good with managing my emotions, but I need to say this!’’

Fluttershy sat patiently, waiting for her to continue. She sensed the unease behind Dash’s being.

‘’I’m sorry that I had to make you bear the burden after all you’ve done for me and Scoots, and I’m sorry that I haven’t really been a very good or responsible friend lately, especially after you took us both in,’’ Rainbow Dash began, feeling sappy on the inside, one of her worst enemies that she rarely ever showed or displayed openly. ‘’You took me in and fixed my wing and Scootaloo’s broken hoof and you were always there to keep me together when I was falling apart. And I’m sorry that I didn’t take notice earlier how much I’ve been neglecting you, Shyster,’’ Rainbow Dash finished, eyes glistening with hope for forgiveness.

Fluttershy didn’t know what to say! She was at a loss for words, touched, moved and grateful simultaneously for the sentiment, but she also felt a sense of pride for the cyan mare for being so open and sincere. She knew how much trouble the rainbow mare had for expressing herself with her words and for owning up for when she makes a mistake, big or small, but even more so when she realises that she unintentionally hurt one of her friends in the crossfire. Fluttershy was proud of her for understanding that she hadn’t been fair, and that meant the world to her.

Oh, Dashie… Fluttershy cooed inwardly, and she smiled after Dash had finished her little monologue, almost on the verge of tears herself. If Fluttershy were to award points for effort, she would have given them all to Dash in a heartbeat for coming out so honestly and wholeheartedly.

Fluttershy wasn’t one for feeling or expressing anger too often, sometimes not at all, but she had felt stressed and pressured into going with Rainbow Dash’s plan, and it had hurt when Rainbow had threw her plan on top of her without asking for her consent or to acknowledge her feelings beforehand. All that mattered was that her friend had taken notice of her unfair mistake and apologised for it.

‘’Dashie,’’ Fluttershy began slowly, her tone sweet and quiet. Her face was no longer angry, but rather mellow and inviting, her lips graced by a friendly smile. ‘’You’re not a bad friend, and I don’t ever wanting you feel like you neglect me. I don’t remember my house being this lively since before you and Scootaloo moved in, and it’s certainly been quite the adventure, I have to admit,’’ Fluttershy giggled. ‘’I don’t mind taking a friend in need into my home when they really need my help, especially when it’s one of my closest and oldest friends,’’ The mare placed her hoof onto Dash’s lap and gave it a tender tap, to which Dash blushed.

‘’But I haven’t been fair to you, and I don’t feel right about it, Shyster,’’ Rainbow said with a sigh. ‘’I can’t just take advantage of your hospitality without at least giving you something in return for it. That’s not the kind of friend I am, and I won’t feel right until you accept it,’’ Rainbow said sincerely, but Fluttershy became dismissive, albeit, politely.

‘’Oh, no, no, you do-don’t have to do that,’’ She began, but Dash suddenly had an idea spring to mind and her face lit up.

‘’Ooh! I know!’’ She turned to Fluttershy and she held her hooves up to her chest, bringing her face in front of Fluttershy’s by mere inches. ‘’To even the score, you can spend some time with me at my cloud palace! Yeah, it’ll be so awesome! Plus, its got plenty of rooms that I don’t use because it’s too big for just me to fill up on my own, so this could work! What do you say? You in?’’ She asked hopefully, eyes glistening with optimism.

Wow, she really wants me to stay with her, Fluttershy thought. Aw, she’s so sweet when she wants to make things even with her friends. I know she feels bad and she wants to make things right, but is she really asking me to move in with her? This is a pretty big step. I’m not sure…

Please, Fluttershy, Rainbow Dash thought as she continued to stare hopefully into the indecisive face of the butter mare, whom was contemplating the proposition. Please answer me, you’re making me nervous! I’d die if you declined, I really would! All I want is one, itty-bitty, measly chance to set things right and to make myself feel better. That’s all that I ask. Please, Flutter-Butter…

‘’I…’’ She began. ‘’Okay, Dashie. I accept,’’ Fluttershy said, and Dash almost immediately threw her hooves around her shoulders as soon as the words had left her mouth. She was ecstatic, overjoyed.

‘’Really, you mean it?!’’ Dash asked, astounded. ‘’This is gonna be so awesome! You’re going to love it, Fluttershy! We can stay up late and watch films, spend all night together talking, play games and—-‘’

‘’Um, Dashie, what about Scootaloo,’’ Fluttershy said, raising a brow. Suddenly, Rainbow’s face sank, realising that she had gotten ahead of herself again and gotten caught up in the moment, momentarily forgetting that she had a foal that she was responsible for.

‘’Oh, yeah, right,’’ She said sadly, sinking where she was sat, her shoulders slumping. ‘’Sorry, I guess I got a little excited there…’’ She blushed dimly. ‘’Speaking of Scootaloo, I went to go and see Twilight earlier, and she gave me this,’’ Rainbow Dash reached behind her to where the list Twilight had scribed for her was sitting on the bed.

‘’What’s that?’’ Fluttershy asked, eying the scrolled-up list as Dash brought it in front of her. Unfurling it, Rainbow Dash said,

‘’It’s a check list of possible options for adopting Scootaloo. We ran through everything that we’ve considered so far for how we can go about becoming her legal guardians, and I hate to say it, but Twilight’s brain full of egghead knowledge came through! We’ve narrowed it down to a single option! Wanna hear?’’ Dash asked with pride, and Fluttershy nodded, leaning in to listen as Dash read them out loud to her.

‘’Here it is: ‘Having legal documentation signed by either a living relative or parent to declare official, consensual guardianship of their child,’’’ Rainbow Dash turned to face Fluttershy with a beaming smile. ‘’You see? All we have to do is find a living relative of Scootaloo and have them consensually sign over guardianship of Scootaloo to us to say that we’re legally allowed to take care of her! If we do that, then her parents can’t have a say in the matter if they end up coming back some day!’’

‘’Oh, my…that’s…that’s amazing, actually!’’ Fluttershy said proudly, impressed. But then she frowned again, her brain considering another issue in the equation. ‘’But we don’t know if Scootaloo has any relatives, or if they live in town. What are we supposed to do if we can’t find anypony, or what if they’re unwilling to sign the papers?’’

‘’We’ll find a way, Fluttershy, trust me. There’s no way that I’m going to allow Scootaloo to continue living like she has for the past two years. I won’t stand for it! One way or the other, I’m not going to give up until I find a way that will say that we are her legal guardians, and whether or not her good-for-nothing parents like it, I’ll make sure that Scootaloo gets to stay with us!’’ Rainbow Dash said confidently, intent on making this work. ‘’I’m going to ask Twilight tomorrow if she can help me get in contact with somepony that can send us the adoption papers. If anypony can help us, it’s going to be Twilight. She’s got connections with Princess Celestia, for pony’s sake, so she’s got to have some way of getting us those papers!’’

‘’I agree, Dashie. That sounds like a wonderful plan!’’ Fluttershy said sincerely. ‘’I can’t believe how much thought you’ve put into this! I’m really impressed,’’ She said with a giggle, to which Dash gave a blush of embarrassment.

‘’Heh, well, yeah, but I can’t take all of the credit. Twilight did most of the work, I just sat there and told her everything I could think of, and, with Twilight being Twilight, she was able to give me some advice. That’s all,’’ Dash said, genuinely proud of herself for being collected and calculated with her thinking rather than pushing her driveshaft onto overdrive like usual.

Aw, nuts! I’m letting Twilight infect me with egghead disease! At this rate, I’m going to turn into her! Oh, what a nightmare that’ll be! What next, do I get a dragon assistant and constantly make overbearingly long check lists every time I have to prepare for an exam or assignment? Just…bleh.

‘’So, I know that I should have asked you this right from the start, but, um…will you be there beside me? Like you’ve always been?’’ Rainbow Dash asked. ‘’I can’t do this on my own, Fluttershy, and I really want you help, if you’re willing to offer,’’ Rainbow Dash held out her hoof to the mare.

Fluttershy smiled, not even thinking to respond before she placed her hoof into Dash’s. She smiled warmly at her, willing to support a dear friend in need.

‘’Yes, Dashie, I will,’’ She said. Rainbow gazed into the mare’s eyes and she felt her heart twinge as warmth embraced her being, so fuzzy and nice, like a warm hug on Hearth’s Warming Eve with a mug of hot chocolate and cream with chocolate sprinkles.

What would I do without you, Fluttershy? You’re such an amazing friend, and you’ve got gorgeous eyes—-hey, whoa! Tone it down a notch, girl, easy!

Fluttershy gazed back into her eyes, too, the both of them sharing a silent moment as they did nothing but stare into each other’s faces. She glanced down from her eyes to her lips a few times as loops of earlier in the day played back in her mind. She felt her cheeks grow warm as Rarity’s words floated back through her brain.

She really cares about me, doesn’t she? Fluttershy asked herself. She makes me feel so special, and she told me herself that there’s nopony else that she’s rather spend any time with but me. Aw, Rainbow Dash, you’re such a sweetheart when you want to be. And your eyes remind me of the pink roses that grow in my garden. Is…Is this what love feels like?

Man, I don’t know if you did this intentionally or not, Fluttershy, but you know that I love strawberries, and the smell of them wafting from your mane isn’t helping to ease my thoughts! And I have to say, your mane looks so sexy and alluring like this. I think I might ask Rarity if she can do it up like this more often…

Rainbow Dash was doing it, too, glancing up and down from Fluttershy’s eyes to her thin, smooth, inviting lips, wanting nothing more than to press her own against them. She so desperately wanted to delve into them, to give them an eager taste, to savour them and to take the time to lose herself in their warmth.

I wonder if she feels the same way. I mean, should I…? No! N-No, Dash, not a good idea! Yes, we get it, she’s extremely, criminally attractive, but you can’t just go around stealing smooches from ponies that catch your eye, especially if that pony is Fluttershy! She’s so quiet and timid, and even one display of affection given in the wrong way might make her never want to speak to you again! Learn to control your urges, missy! You’re starting to lose sense of reality!

It was true that Rainbow Dash had a crush on her. She had known she’s been in love with Fluttershy for as long as she can remember, but she hadn’t ever managed to muster up the courage to spill the beans to her. Romance was Rarity’s department, not Rainbow Dash’s. Rainbow’s department was speed and being awesome. All of this romance talk was starting to turn her into Rarity, and the thought made her feel sick.

‘’Uh, so…’’ Rainbow Dash began slowly, doing her best to fight off an incoming arson to her cheeks. Being this close to her romantic interest was starting to make her internal instincts take over, and it was driving her crazy, especially when she smelled just like her favourite fruit!

‘’S-So?’’ Fluttershy batted her eyelids, her heart thumping behind her ribs and aching with desire.

I wonder what her lips taste like. Do they taste like blue raspberry? Maybe blueberry? Oh, no, stop it, Fluttershy! This is no time to let Rarity get stuck in your head! Remember, you don’t know for sure if what you’re feeling is love or not! She probably doesn’t feel the same way about me, anyway!

‘’So, do you…do you want to stay with me?’’ Rainbow Dash asked, lips smiling hopefully and sweetly.

‘’I wouldn’t have it any other way, Dashie,’’ Fluttershy agreed, accepting her offer without resistance. ‘’By the way, Dash, you’re really tense,’’ She gave the mare a gentle squeeze, indicating the stiffness within Dash’s muscles caused by her emotional stress. ‘’We need to fix that. Lay down,’’ Fluttershy instructed.

Rainbow Dash did as she was told, not wishing to raise a complaint or to object to yet another one of Fluttershy’s masseuse sessions. She spread herself out flatly on her stomach, allowing her forehooves and rear hooves to extend to their full lengths. Rainbow Dash had to force herself to suppress a groan of bliss as she felt the gentle, loving touch of the other mare’s hooves press into the tight kinks and knots in her back.

Fluttershy’s hooves rubbed slowly and tenderly in small circles, expertly applying pressure up from Dash’s neck and working her way down her spinal column. Rainbow’s lips purred in total pleasure when she felt Fluttershy reach the soft spot directly between her wings, and she was hardly able to contain herself, moaning out loud as her stressed-out nerves were soothed by the magic of the tips of her hooves. As each knot unfurled, a relaxed sensation signalled in Dash’s central nervous system, like they had been dunked in angel dust and pure tranquility, like a tender and alluring kiss, so gentle and warm, almost coaxing her to sleep.

‘’Hmm-mmm!’’ Rainbow Dash moaned, losing herself in so much bliss that her eyes were almost rolling back into her skull, her ears giving little spasms as each knot was unfurled. To add into the taming of her nerves, Fluttershy began to hum softly and delicately to a jolly tune, similar to one that Rarity hums to herself when she works to fill out an order for a client.

Listening to Fluttershy’s sweet, soft, angelic voice while she worked her magic on her tense, taught muscles, Rainbow entered another state of nirvana that she never knew existed. She was so at peace, lulled and allured in a passionate, spectacular daze, that she had images floating around in her mind, tempting her with images of romantic clichés, ranging from bouquets of roses and warm, amorous hugs, loving kisses and sugar and spice and everything nice. She was in her own, cozy reality, a fantasy land equal to Pinkie Pie’s visions of sugarcanes, candy floss rainclouds with chocolate rain and marshmallow clouds. This was pure heaven!

‘’Ah…ummm, oh…’’ Rainbow continued to moan. ‘’Mmm, I…I wmuvyou…’’

‘’Hmm? What was that, Dashie?’’ Fluttershy asked, catching on to the absent-minded mumbling coming from the cyan mare, hardly intelligible but still audible.

‘’Oh! Uh—-nothing!’’ Dash quickly shut out her inner thoughts, burying them deep and throwing away the key. She never meant to utter those words, but she was thankful that Fluttershy never made them out correctly, otherwise she would be deep in the hole.

‘’Oh. O-Okay,’’ Fluttershy said awkwardly. ‘’You’re still really tense, Dashie. Try to relax, okay?’’ It was then that she leaned down to unfurl Rainbow’s injured wing, gently pulling it to the side to allow it to deploy itself automatically.

Despite the incredible amount of damage that Dash had sustained to her wing from her failed flying stunt, Fluttershy was pleased to see that her healing process had progressed well. It was hard to tell that she had broken her bones and that her ligaments were pulled and strained from intense amounts of pressure.

The entire surface of her wing, both underneath and topside, were once again smooth and flawless, everything magically healed and set back in place, all of the bones inside of them fixed and entirely repaired. Everything appeared to be in order, if not for a small amount of stiffness due to misuse during her healing period. It was with thanks to Zecora’s healing cream that her healing process had accelerated so much, and, if it wasn’t for her remedy, she would likely still be wearing a wing bandage and her bones would still be resembling grains of salt.

Fluttershy gave her wing a gentle rub with her elbow to massage it, and, with wings being the most sensitive parts on a pegasus’ body, Rainbow reacted immediately with a pleasant groan. It felt divine, like a pony was tickling her in a soothing way rather than a childish, playful manner. She almost felt like she was going to start kicking her leg up into the air in a circular motion like when you scratch a dog in their soft spot or that her tail was going to start wagging.

‘’How’s that feel? Anything sore?’’ Fluttershy asked with an amused giggle from Dash’s reaction.

‘’I-Oh-humm….’’ Dash mumbled. ‘’It feels wonderful, Fluttershy! I’ve never felt so good before!’’ She said, continuing moaning in euphoric utterances.

Fluttershy smiled while she worked Rainbow Dash’s wing over, moving over to the other wing once she was done. She worked her over for a few minutes, humming all the while and listening to Rainbow mumble hardly-intelligible words beneath her breath, and she found it amusing and cute.

She really seems to enjoy letting me touch her like this, Fluttershy thought. Sometimes, it’s like she enjoys it a little bit more than she should, but I can’t ask her about it. It wouldn’t be right. I think I’m letting Rarity get stuck in my head again! Come on, Fluttershy, you can do this. Try not to think about it. Don’t let your feeling for Dashie come into play when its not necessary.

But Fluttershy couldn’t help it. Rarity did get stuck in her head, and it was so repetitive and obnoxious that she was beginning to hate the unicorn for putting these delusions of love into her fragile mind. It such a pestering, poisonous line of thought since she had opened up about her feelings to the fashionista that she wished that she had a mute button implanted into her brain to shut them off. She almost regretted ever going to Rarity for advice, not thinking ahead for how it might end.

Fluttershy, hold it together! Rarity might be into her romance novels and such, but that doesn’t mean that she knows for sure that you’re in love with Rainbow Dash. But…what if I am?

Come to think of it, Rarity, in Fluttershy’s mind, had likely never actually had a true, first boyfriend, maybe aside from those schoolgirly crushes she gets on certain business stallions from time to time. They were really good, close friends, but Fluttershy found her low self-esteem crushes to be somewhat overblown and daft, almost laughable, but she would never say that. Besides, what did she know that wasn’t written in fiction?

Rarity might be right and Rarity might be wrong, but she doesn’t know what I’m feeling. If it’s love, then it can speak up for itself without somepony telling me that it’s there. If I’m in love with her, then I’m sure that I’ll know it! Won’t I?

‘’Hey, Fluttershy, is everything alright over there?’’ Rainbow Dash asked, noticing the silence from the mare. She quickly blinked and gave her head a shake as she realised what was happening.

‘’Huh? Oh, sorry, Dashie, I got a little lost in thought for a moment,’’ She said, blushing. ‘’So, I think we should turn in for the night. It’s late enough as it is.’’ And she wasn’t wrong. The clock on the wall was now reading 10:35.

‘’I guess you’re right. Come ‘ere, you!’’ Rainbow said with a devilish grin, gripping Fluttershy’s hips with her hooves and pulling her towards her in a swift motion. Like before, the mare yelped but with less surprise than last time, half-expecting this.

‘’Whoa, Dashie!’’ She said with a giggle. ‘’Not so fast!’’

‘’He, sorry. Although, if I’m being honest, I mostly do it on purpose because I think you’re adorable when you’re surprised,’’ Dash admitted, and Fluttershy’s face became bashful, but it only furthered Dash’s fun factor. ‘’Aw, see? You glow like a strawberry,’’ She said, right before she pulled her closer to her and she held her head in her hooves before placing her mouth next to her ear and saying, ‘’And I love strawberries.’’

If Fluttershy wasn’t blushing brightly before, she was certainly glowing now, almost bright enough to melt her way through the floors in her cottage and through the foundations. That statement caught her so off guard that she wasn’t prepared for it when Dash yanked her underneath the covers and she began to cuddle her.

‘’Hmm!’’ She squeaked. ‘’R-R-Rain-Rainbow D-Dash! I, eep!’’ She squeaked again when Dash nibbled on her ear teasingly, her hooves wrapped firmly around her back as she rubbed up and down her back lovingly, caressing it, particularly, around where her wings were, fondling between them where there was a little kink to it. Like with Rainbow Dash, it was enough to elicit an excited squee from the mare.

‘’You like that, huh?’’ Dash asked hungrily, giving it a firmer bite than before, which was enough to spark a fire within Fluttershy’s heart, one that she hadn’t experienced before.

‘’Rainbow Dash! S-Stop! I feel…!’’ Fluttershy couldn’t help herself. She gave a very loud and very pleasurable high-pitched moan, so unexpected that it caught Rainbow off guard. She stopped in an instant, and she blushed fiercely, giggling to herself beneath her breath while Fluttershy just appeared to be embarrassed, trying to hide behind her mane.

Rainbow Dash could hear her heart thump so loudly within her chest that she was partially afraid that it was going to explode out from her ribs. The girly squeal of pure excitement, bliss and arousal that had erupted from Fluttershy’s lips was unlike any other sound that she had produced before, and they were both sure that it was able to be heard throughout the entire house.

As Rainbow Dash stared into her eyes yet again, she felt a strong emotion brew within her, and she fought to keep it hidden. That noise had brought another kind of warmth to her heart and soul, deepening her already-intense love for her friend, and it made her want her even more.

Oh, my, that was…so adorable! I made Fluttershy reach her breaking point! At least I now know how to set her off for the sake of teasing! I’m going to have so much fun with this in the future!

‘’What was that noise?! I heard it all the way in my room!’’ A voice called from the doorway to the bedroom, and both mares beneath the covers unfurled the sheets from around them to view Scootaloo staring at them with large, concerned eyes.

Fluttershy and Rainbow Dash blushed hard and they glanced at each other, biting their lips and wondering how much of that young Scootaloo saw. Hopefully, she wasn’t there to catch the whole scene play out, but from how sleepy her eyes were, it was clear enough to the mares that she had just woken up.

‘’What happened to you two?’’ Scootaloo asked, looking their bodies covered with disheveled fur and ruffled manes over with a confused look.

‘’N-Nothing, squirt,’’ Rainbow Dash said awkwardly, blushing still. ‘’Don’t worry about it, kid, it’s all over now,’’ She slowly picked herself out of bed and she tried to ignore the worried, mortified expression on Fluttershy’s face. ‘’Come on, I’ll put you back to bed.’’

‘’Are you sure that nothing’s wrong? I thought I heard a—-‘’

‘’Nope! I told you, don’t worry about it! It’s alright now! The…the chickens outside got spooked, that’s all! A cockatrice scared them, but they’re fine now,’’ Dash quickly ushered the little filly out of the room, running out of plausible excuses.

Fluttershy, left shuddering with her body half-covered by her duvet, sighed a massive, strong breath of relief, knowing how close of a call that was. She was laying on her back with her hooves behind her to support her weight as she sat upright on the mattress, a pillow that had drooped halfway beneath her during the cuddling, cushioning her lower back. Her mane was sweaty and partially matted to her face, drooping lazily in front of her face, her heart still pounding but not as harshly as before.

W-What happened? She asked herself, innocent to her foreign feelings. That was…magical! It felt so good that I couldn’t help it! Oh, my, I’m so embarrassed! We both woke Scootaloo up from her sleep, the poor dear! I didn’t mean to, but Rainbow nibbling on my ear just brought out so many good feelings that I wasn’t able to hide it!

Absentmindedly, Fluttershy slowly reached up a hoof to the ear that Dash had been playfully nibbling on, a wetness making itself known on the underside of her hoof. She brought it back down and she stared at it before giving a dreamy, relaxed sigh, inwardly ashamed of herself for allowing herself to give in to Rainbow’s advances so easily.

‘’Oh, Fluttershy, you’re such a loud mouth.’’