• Published 27th Jun 2012
  • 21,322 Views, 477 Comments

We will catch you if we can - proto-alpha



When put against a whole new race, a human must keep on running for the sake of his freedom

  • ...
98
 477
 21,322

The human target

A little more that a half an hour and there were already ponies with non-lethal hunting gear, like giant nets or somniferous darts, and some traps were being set, from a simple box with a stick to magical spells. Now, not even the alleys were safe now for the fugitive considering that every time he approached the corners he would hear a group of at least three ponies.

"Okay, let's leave the ground for some time" he thought when he had enough with all the ponies searching for him. He looked around his actual location and soon found a ladder attached to one of the buildings. He was about to climb it when he stopped to think "Wait, how do those tiny horses even climb these things up?". He shrugged and just went up.

He climbed until he was on the roof. He looked for a place that could hide him from the pegasus that were searching for him in the sky but didn't find much in the roof. It was a good thing that it wasn't very tall.

"I have to wait here until the night, but how am I supposed to not be seen from the sky? he then saw how window was being opened to the left of the building, so he positioned himself under it so he was harder to spot. The pony that opened the window then dumped the contents of a trash can without looking down, and it ended all over Fernando "Ugh, I had to ask, right?". Without another option, he buried himself in the trash and hoped that whatever he was touching with his left hand wasn't alive.

Meanwhile, the mane six had taken each one a part of the second biggest city in Equestria. Rainbow Dash and Fluttershy didn't got luck with the camouflage of Fernando. Twilight was using a see-through spell and was searching everything from the alleys to the rooftops. Rarity got a little explanation from Twilight about the spell, but she could only use it in things that were close to her. Pinkie was investigating everything she could with a magnifying glass and Applejack went with her aunt and uncle to ask for some help.

After a lot of searching, Twilight finally found Fernando's hiding spot and she was about to use a spell to call her friends, but remembered that she would also attract some unrequested attention from the other ponies and that could take away the surprise element. So she decided to approach him alone.

"I just need to get him under my levitation spell and everything will be over" she thought.

Fernando took a peek past his camouflage and didn't saw any pegasus nearby.

"Uff... I was starting to think that I would lose my smell sense" he said quietly". He spent some time looking for something to do. He could hear some ponies on the ground bellow, but to his luck, the pegasus had already given up on searching for him high in the sky.

After some time he started to get bored, so he took a bottle and some rocks. He put the bottle on one side of the building and he went to the other and started to throw the rocks to the bottle. He had just a few in his possession when he could hear something climbing up the ladder. He peeked over the edge and he made eye contact with Twilight, who was halfway up there.

"How did she find me?" he thought frantically as he scanned the area for an scape route, but the building was high enough for an unsafe jump and the walls didn't had enough bulges to climb it.

"Hello there, Fernando! Long time no see" said Twilight sarcastically with a smug smile when she got to the top of the building.

"Hey, Twilight was it? What's up?" he responded nervous

"Oh, nothing, just that our game of hide and seek is over" she said as she took him in the levitation spell "Now let's go back to Canterlot. After just some little questions and studies we'll try to take you back to wherever you come from"

"And in the mean time while you research how to take me back?" Fernando asked, still floating

"I don't know, but you did resist the custody" the unicorn said unsure

"Oh, come on!" he said very annoyed. He prepared the rocks he still had and threw one to the sky

"What do you wish to accomplish with that?" asked Twilight as she followed the rock as it went up

"This!" Fernando said throwing another to the horn of the unicorn. This successfully broke the unicorn's spell and when he was free he ran to the ladder.

"I don't think so!" Twilight yelled as she once again stopped Fernando, but the rock that was thrown to the sky fell on top of Twilight's head giving her a lump.

"Owowowowowowow" she said while rubbing her head. Fernando then went down the stairs as fast as he could. He had to get away as fast as he could from her.

"Come back here!" he heard Twilight, thankfully away enough so she couldn't trap him. He then noticed all the bad hidden traps that were scattered in the alley

"Yup, here I'm nothing more than a stupid animal" he said as he ran between them carefully so he wasn't the one to fall in them. He heard some sounds behind him and could deduce that Twilight had fallen in one. He stopped and turned to see her tangled by some ropes.

"How did you managed to pass all these traps?" Twilight said loud enough for him to hear. It was his turn to have a smug smile

"Two legs" he pointed to said extremities "give me more agility" he then went to the opposite direction to were Twilight was. "Those things will attract a lot of ponies" he thought as he was making sure that there were no ponies past the corner "Wait" he said out loud "Those traps SHOULD attract a lot of ponies". He then was suddenly very paranoid about everything around him. He stopped to hear anything around him and he heard a faint clicking sound. He quickly crouched and he saw flying above him a net that stopped when it hit the wall.

"Quick, he is distracted!" he heard a shout to his left at the same time that three ponies were coming out from their hiding spot. One was coming from behind, the other to his left and the last from the same direction from the net. Only one of them had a horn while the other two were normal.

Fernando ran as fast as he could from the ponies, dropping everything he could to slow them. He could hear a lot of noise near, so he assumed that he was near a main street by now.

"This is not good. I need to shake them off before they force me to exit to the crowded streets!" Fernando thought as he searched for something that he could use to his advantage.

There was a mini heart attack when he tripped with a drain that happened to have the holes a little too big.

"Gotcha human" said one of the earth ponies as she took hold of him. "Okay, now let's take him to the miss Sparkle to claim our reward" the unicorn, that was male, said.

"I don't have much time" Fernando thought as he was forced to walk. He was being restrained by the magic of the unicorn, so once again he would depend of his brain.

"So... you only want the reward?" Fernando asked to no one in particular

"That's right. Those bits will be very good to buy some nice things" answered the pony that was behind him, who was the one that caught him.

"And you are going to divide the money between the three of you?" Fernando questioned again

"Yep, that's the plan" answered again the mare.

"But what if the unicorn dumps you and your other partner?" the human asked

"What do you mean, he would never do something like that!" she returned clearly angry

"But people, err... ponies can do a lot of things just for getting one or two coins" this got the mare to think and she looked like she wasn't conscious about her surroundings anymore. "Now for the next one" he thought "Hey you, the pony that is in front of me" he said just loud enough for the other earth pony to hear

"What?" she too was female

"I heard from your friend that you are going to divide the reward, it's that right?" he asked

"Yeah, why?" she answered uninterested

"Because I never saw you doing anything useful" he told her

"Well, for your information, I was the one that coordinated everything" she responded in an upset tone"

"So, you are the leader of the team?" he asked yet again

"Yes I am" she said with pride

"Then, why aren't you leading?" he inquired. She then saw that the unicorn was, indeed, in front of her

"Hey, what are you doing?" she questioned very upset

"What do you mean?" the unicorn responded confused

"I'm the leader of this team, I should be leading the group!" she said

"Well, you didn't really did much, did you? You got luck that we're dividing the reward in equal parts!" the unicorn yelled angry

"In that case, why don't you take the human for yourself? Oh, that's right, you couldn't think of a plan with that stone for a brain of yours!" the earth pony shouted.

Thanks to the sudden uncontrolled rage, the unicorn lost his grip and Fernando was free, and he immediately ran away from the fighting ponies, but the other mare, that was brought from her mind by the yelling, saw him and went for him.

It wasn't long before he could no longer hear the ponies yelling and he started to calm down, but he turned the corner of the actual alley to find a dead end.

"Damn, better go back a little" he said as he turned, but he found the mare that was with the other two.

"Now you can't escape anymore. I'll just wait for my partners to come searching for me to give you to Celestia" she said with an evil smile. Fernando just approached her already with a plan. He stuck out his hand and said

"Look at my hand" he said while smiling

"What about it?" she said thinking of him as a retard

"Look how my fingers move" he then started to move his fingers from side to side.

"So what?" she questioned the sanity of Fernando by now

"Now up" he moved his hand up and the pony followed it with her gaze "now down" he moved it down "now left" he moved it to the left "now right" and finally he moved it to the right, all the time the pony was looking at it. "Up, down, left, right" he repeated the sequence but a little quicker "updownleftright" he said and moved even more fast "UPDOWNLEFTRIGHTUPDOWNLEFTRIGHT" this was the fastest he could go and it was working, because soon the mare was very dizzy. Enough for her to fall to the ground.

"Bye bye" Fernando said to her mockingly.

The mane six and Spike had gathered again just a little before the sun down. They were staying at the guests room in the Orange's house, that was big enough for all of them. Twilight was the last to get there and told the others about her encounter with Fernando.

"Well, I must admit that he knows how to use the terrain to his advantage" Applejack said.

"So what are we waiting for? Let's go search for him right now!" Rainbow Dash said before darting out, but was caught by the magic of Twilight

"Rainbow Dash, if we go searching for him now that we don't know were he might be, the results will be the same or worse than this afternoon" Twilight told to Rainbow Dash.

"Then what are we going to do?" asked the rainbow maned mare

"We'll wait for some reports from the ponies out there. If we don't know nothing by past-tomorrow we'll continue with the plan" Twilight said.

"Hey Twilight" said Fluttershy quietly as usual "you said that Fernando was decided to escape when you implied that he would be put in a cell, so uhm... why don't you try to convince the princess to not lock him down?" at this suggestion Twilight hummed.

"I could suggest it to the princess, but I don't know if she will agree or not" Twilight responded as she went to take a parchment.

"Don't you want me to write down the letter this time?" asked Spike

"No Spike, I think I'll write it down this time" Twilight said.