• Published 27th Jun 2012
  • 21,337 Views, 477 Comments

We will catch you if we can - proto-alpha



When put against a whole new race, a human must keep on running for the sake of his freedom

  • ...
98
 477
 21,337

Escape from the HHT

It was well past midnight in the usually busy streets of the capital city of Equestria, and for our fugitive it couldn't be worse.

"Damn it! How am I going to get out of this pony city? The gate is guarded as if an invasion was about to happen! thought Fernando as he scanned for the tenth time the exit of the city this hour. There were at least fifteen guards at each side of the gate, and he couldn't just climb the walls of the city. With a sigh and a yawn he turned and walked away while still hiding in the shadows "I need to rest or they will have me before noon next morning was the last thing he thought before returning to the alley were he first arrived at the city.

Meanwhile, in one of the guest bedrooms of the castle, Twilight, Rainbow Dash and Fluttershy were still talking about the bipedal creature the princess talked about while Spike was sleeping in one of the king sized beds of the room.

"Why don't we just make a surprise attack? It will make everything easier" asked Rainbow Dash with signs of tiredness, after all, she lost her post-dinner nap, pre-sleep nap and now she was about to faint on the spot.

"Because," started Twilight "either good or evil, we need to be in good terms with the human. We don't want to anger him because he could easily destroy an entire mountain".

"OR not. Remember what the princess told us" returned Rainbow.

"Bu-but what if he is hundreds of kilometers away by now?" Said Fluttershy "the princess said that neither she or princess Luna could track him after he got away"

"I don't know, Fluttershy, but that is almost impossible. He would probably need to fly to do that, and according to the description that Celestia gave us, he didn't had any wings" answered Twilight. "Look, in the morning we're going to search for him here in the city. If we don't find him, we'll return to Ponyville for the other and after that we're going to separate to search for him in some of the biggest cities in Equestria, like Fillydelphia or Manehattan. When we arrive we're going to ask to the ponies there if they have seen anything like a human and with some luck, some might have seen him". Finally Twilight added "For now let's go to sleep".

In the morning, just after the sun was up and the city started to get busy, Twilight was the first to be awake. She went to do her morning routine and waking up Spike in the process.

"Spike, wake up. We need to be ready ASAP if we want to capture this Fernando today".

"Twilight, as much as this creature needs to be captured, today I don't have to wake up early to prepare breakfast, so please keep it that way" said a grumpy Spike from his bed. Twilight just rolled her eyes at her almost little brother laziness and lifted him from the bed with her magic.

"Yeah, yeah, whatever you say sleeping beauty, now go and wake up the others while I go with the princess" she told him while taking him with her out of the room. The princess was in her throne room. She was there early because she wanted to give Twilight some last advise. When Twilight arrived, she bowed, and the princess started to talk

"Twilight, as you heard yesterday, this human is very clever, and he can use or say anything to escape from you and your friends".

"I know, princess, but I'm also excited because if this human turns out to be good, we could convince him to be some kind of ally" responded Twilight.

"I doubt he does so. If he really is good, he might want to go back to wherever he comes from, but we still would need to make sure, and that could take from minutes to years to figure out" said the princess solemnly.

"I just hope that he cooperates when we catch him" commented Twilight before both she and her teacher went to have breakfast.

Back in the streets on the other side of the city, Fernando woke up with a sudden sneeze.

"I hope that I'm not allergic to these crazy ponies" he said groggily while cleaning his nose. "Well, I better start the day. He then went to the streets while making sure that there was no pony in sight. Yesterday he was walking while still being out of sight in the search for local coins. He collected a few (around ten) and he would use them to get something in the market. "It's not stealing if I pay for it, right?".

Considering it was just a little after the dawn, the streets of the local market were silent, but he had to hurry, because otherwise he could lose his only chance of the day. There were perhaps two or three stands ready for selling things, but the ponies were just reading books, waiting for any customers to come.

"Maybe, if I talk to one that is distracted I could pass unnoticed this one" Fernando thought for himself. So as silently as possible he go near one stand that sold apples. He looked at the sign that hanged from the counter and saw a drawing of an apple, an equal symbol and two coins, so he took the amount necessary, dropped the coins in the counter and took an apple then crouched so the counter could hide him. The pony only saw the coins and said out loud a little confused.

"Uhhh... thank you for your preference?" He then returned to his book.

Fernando returned to an alley to eat his precious prize. To him, the apple looked like any from the Earth, with the exception this one looked a little cartoony, but after tasting it, he couldn't contain his reaction to the great flavor of this apple. He looked like crying with a silly smile on his face while muttering

"Food, glorious real food".

When his food disappeared from him, leaving him with an apple core, he just looked disappointed but at least he could take the seeds. So he pocketed the seeds and threw the core away in a nearby trash can. After that he started to contemplate what kind of transport he could use.

"Let's see. Yesterday I heard the sound of a train multiple times, so there must have trains here. I could try and hide with the luggage so the guards don't find me. Yeah, that could work" he said out loud without having to care of being heard over the noise of the now busy street. So with a new plan he went to the train station, just to stop when he remembered that he didn't know were it was. "Well, more exploring".

At the castle, Twilight and the princess joined Rainbow Dash, Fluttershy and Spike in the breakfast. They took a seat next to the others, and were served right away the breakfast that consisted of finely cut carrots with some kind of sauce that to an equine were a heavenly meal. When everypony finalized their food, Rainbow was the first to talk

"Hey Twilight, we have been talking and Spike and I think that we need a cool name if we're going to hunt down this human" Twilight gave her a suspicious look

"You're not doing this to copy the Cutie Mark Crusaders, right?"

"Nooo. Why would I want to do that? he-he-he" responded Rainbow Dash with an innocent-guilty smile. Twilight just narrowed her eyes

"Okay, what do you think we should be called?"

"Something like Monster Trackers" said Spike excited

"No Spike. The human is not a monster" said Celestia to the dragon. Spike looked disappointed.

"Okay, what about Human Catchers?" Spike said again

"It lacks awesomeness" responded this time Rainbow Dash

"Oh really? What do you think we should be called?" Spike returned annoyed.

"I think we should be the Human Hunters Team!" shouted Rainbow Dash

"Well, that doesn't sound bad" Spike commented.

While Rainbow Dash and Spike were arguing, a guard entered the room and went directly to the Sun princess and told her something that the others didn't heard. After he left the room, Celestia cleared her throat to call the attention of the pegasus and the dragon and announced

"We got news about the whereabouts of Fernando. There is a rumor that he was sighted near the market place here in Canterlot. Quick, go out and try to find him. If he manages to escape, send a message with Spike to me with the report of the your task". After she said that, the three ponies and Spike were out to do a little hunt.

POV of Fernando

I think I'm getting closer to the train station. The screeching sound of train when braking is getting closer at least. I slowly creep to the corner of the alley, and there it is! Finally I can get away from this princess. I wait for the moment to run towards it when I hear a shout.

"Stop right there, Fernando!" Oh crap! That princess sent reinforcements. I turn to the source of the shout and right there, on the other side of the alley there is a unicorn, two pegasus... and a dragon?

"I hope they're not planing on toasting me I think while mentally gulping.

We stare for a moment. One of the pegasus is hiding behind the unicorn, the other looks ready to charge at me and the unicorn looks like she is concentrating. Just then I see her horn glowing and I think

"Wait, I remember seeing that before" and then it clicked in my mind. "Wait, are you trying to use magic with me?" just then I feel funny my body and I try to run, but I then discover that my body is not even touching the floor anymore. Apparently that purple unicorn is levitating me.

"That was way easier than what the princess told us it would be" said Rainbow Dash a little angry in disappointment.

"Who are you? And what are you going to do with me?" I ask them trying to make some time.

"I'm Twilight Sparkle," said the purple unicorn "this is Rainbow Dash" she pointed to the blue pegasus "and this is Fluttershy" she said as she side steeped, revealing a scared winged pony.

"And we are the Human Hunters Team" said Rainbow Dash while doing an 'epic' pose.

"I need to get away" I think as I frantically search for a escape route, but to no avail. I think they may have me for good this time. But then I see it. The horn of the unicorn has been glowing the entire time I have been in the air. "Hey, that gives me an idea I think while searching for something that might help me.

Third person POV

"Now, let's go with the princess" commanded Twilight. But Fernando interrupted the action by saying

"Wait, what is that?" the prisoner said while pointing to a broom stick.

"What, that stick? What about that?" asked Rainbow Dash

"How did you do that? Where I come from, every stick is twisted or a little curvy, but this, this is perfect" the human responded with a look that said 'It's precious' on his face "Can you pass it to me to investigate it?" he asked as innocently as he could. Twilight rolled her eyes at the actions and told him

"Sure, just don't take too long with that, it's not ours so we can't take it" she passed him the stick with her magic. When it was in his possession, he examined it, he moved it a little like a baseball bat and thought

"Yeah, this should work" he then moved it near Twilight's face while all the others observed. He moved it in a way that it disturbed Twilight's horn. That left her with a little headache and also made her lost her concentration, thus liberating the human.

"If you would excuse me, I have to escape now" said the human in a mocking way. Everypony else just stared and Rainbow Dash said

"Twilight, I think he might have lied to us" and Twilight gave her a glare

"You don't say" she replied sarcastically

"But don't worry, RD to the rescue" Rainbow Dash said pridefully as she darted in the direction of the human.

Fernando was now running between the crowd of ponies in one of the streets of Canterlot. He was making as many turns as possible to outrun his assailants, but every time he turned his head, there was the blue pegasus chasing him. It was when he turned in a dead end that he realized that he didn't had a lot of chances of getting away.

"Now I got you little pest" said Rainbow with an almost evil look on her face. She was slowly approaching Fernando but he stopped her.

"Sooo... If you're going to catch me, can I at least know your name?" Fernando said trying to come up with a plan

"Ha, you think that I'm gonna let you trick me?" She said in an annoyed tone of voice.

"N-n-no, I just didn't catch your name back there and I at least want to know the name of the pony that could beat me. This set off the pride of Rainbow Dash to a dangerous level.

"Well, if you want to know" she paused for a dramatic effect "I'm Rainbow Dash, fastest flyer in all of Equestria" she said with a pride that rivaled even the one of The Great And Powerful Trixie®.

"So, are you some kind of celebrity?" asked Fernando

"Not really, I just saved Equestria at least three times by now," was her response of fake modesty "but I'm going to be the next member of the Wonderbolts" Fernando saw that her eyes shined when she said that last part.

"Who are the Wonderbolts?" He questioned. Rainbow Dash gasped and as Fernando predicted, entered fan-girl mode.

"The Wonderbolts are just the best team of flyers in all of Equestria. They make presentations and shows all the time and are worldwide famous, not to mention that they do the best tricks. After mine of course" she finished her explanation and turned to see the human. But she saw that he was no more there. She just stared while her anger levels where rising quickly. Twilight and Spike arrived at that moment.

"Where is the human?" asked Twilight. But Rainbow just stood there with a killing stare, then started to say very quietly and slowly. Her voice dripping with basilisk venom.

"That pest asked who the Wonderbolts were. I kindly answered that pest," she was rising her volume gradually "and then he runs in the middle of my explanation and leaves me talking alone like an idiot." she was practically shouting "BUT I SWEAR TO CELESTIA THAT I'M GONNA BUCK HIM SO HARD IN THE FACE THAT HE WILL CRY FROM HIS STOMACH" she pauses to breath "AND THEN WHEN HE IS IN THE HOSPITAL I'M GOING TO READ TO HIM THE LAST FIVE HUNDRED YEARS OF WONDERBOLT HISTORY, AND I'M GONNA MAKE SURE HE LIKES IIIIIIIIIT!!!!!". When she finished, she was burning from the rage, and her shout shook the entire city as if an earthquake had just occurred.

In a not so far away street, Fernando could only hope that his nightmares don't be as bad as how he expected the reality. He was still cringing when he happened to walk into someone that let out a whimper.

"Oh, sorry" he said out of instinct "I should watch where I was going".

"N-no, I'm sorry, I was the one that purposely blocked your path" said a very quiet voice. Fernando then recognized the pony he bumped in as Fluttershy, the last one of the Human Hunters Team. "So, uhm... could you kindly come with me to the castle? The princess just wants to make sure that you're not dangerous" she asked as if he would yell at her any minute now. Fernando could only think

"What ever you do, don't d'aw at her" he could barely contain himself, and he said "sorry, but I can't do that, because she will put me in a cell"

"No, not in a cell, in a cage" interrupted Fluttershy

"Okay, in a cage, and my pride keeps me from doing so. And now I'll just go" he said as he was ready to just round her

"No, I can't let you do that, my friends count on me" she said with a determined look on her face

"I won't let myself captured, and I don't want to offend, but you're not even dangerous looking"

"Oh, but I am" she said while trying to let out what sounded like a growl and head butted-touched Fernando. He mentally sighed and then said

"Yeah, you're right. Now I see my mistake" he said, trying to not sound as non-sarcastically as possible. "You're very dangerous. Please don't hurt me!" This made Fluttershy be a little confident.

"Don't worry, I won't hurt you, but I don't want you to cause problems"

"I'll make my best to don't do anything bad" he said "now I'll just go away"

"Very good, now think about this and remember to be good" she said with a prideful grin as she turned away and went back to her friends.

Twilight, Rainbow Dash and Spike were searching for the human and for Fluttershy. They found her in the central park of the city looking like she just defeated in a race all of the Wonderbolts.

"Fluttershy!" shouted Twilight to call her attention "Judging by your face I would say that you had more luck than us" Fluttershy grinned and started to talk

"Oh, you should have been there. I had that human in my hoof the entire time" this made Twilight smile

"So... where is him?" she asked expectantly.

"It was great, Twilight. I put him in his place. He will think two times next time before messing with me next time I see him"

"But, where is him?"

"He walked away with the shame up to his shoulders and thinking about what he has done" Fluttershy finished, clearly not realizing her mistake. Twilight face-hoofed.

"Spike, take note" she said after a sigh

"I'm ready Twilight" he said with a parchment and a quill ready

"Dear princess Celestia:
This human demonstrated to be a real opponent and it was shown to us when he got away three times in a row. We will return to Ponyville in hopes that the bigger the number the best the chances.

Your faithful student, Twilight Sparkle"

Spike rolled the parchment and blew it with a blast of magical green flames and the group watched it going in the direction of the castle.