• Published 27th Jun 2012
  • 21,337 Views, 477 Comments

We will catch you if we can - proto-alpha



When put against a whole new race, a human must keep on running for the sake of his freedom

  • ...
98
 477
 21,337

Problems only increase

Fernando ignored the threats of the Trixie and started to run. He jumped, but looked confused when he stopped in mid air. Looking down at himself, he saw that he was covered in a blue glow, and with suspicions already forming in his mind he turned and saw what he feared.

"Damn! She too can stop me alone!" he thought.

"Now what will you do, human?" she asked daringly. Fernando narrowed his eyes at the question.

"Is a challenge what you want, it's a challenge what you'll get!". The human thought before turning around, so the unicorn didn't saw what he was doing. Fernando started to move around his arms, making motions that he was doing something complicated. Trixie raised an eyebrow when she saw what he was doing.

"Hey, what are you doing?" she asked, bringing him closer and trying to peek over his shoulder. In response, Fernando looked back at her and then arched his back, so he was covering whatever he had in his hands. "Don try to hide things from The Great and Powerful Trixie!" she said, trying to look at whatever he was doing. Fernando just turned around in the air, not letting her see what he was doing. Trixie started to look frustrated and turned him around herself.

Fernando was looking at something he had in his hands. He had them as if he was holding an insect and didn't want it to escape. Trixie raised again her eyebrow and said

"What do you have there?". She moved her head forward to try and see inside his hands, but Fernando moved away his hands and he continued to see what was inside. "I command you to let The Great and Powerful Trixie see what you have in there!" she ordered him. Fernando looked at her, first with an unfriendly look, but then he got a friendly and kind face and offered her to look at his hands. "See? It's much better if you cooperate" the unicorn said before looking at what he had in his hands.

At first she didn't saw anything, and approached even more to his hands. When she was very close, Fernando got his victory smile on his face and stuck out his finger from his hand, poking Trixie in the eye and making her lose her magical grip on him. Fernando made the hand gesture for victory and then started to run away. While getting away, he could hear Trixie shouting.

"How dare you, miserable creature! You shall suffer as if you were in the depths of the Tartarus!". She was holding her shut eye in pain, but started to chase him not too long after.

The Human Hunters Team could already see the city of Fillydelphia, and were waiting for the moment in which the guards could land the carriage to start the chase. Twilight was retelling the strategy and when she finished, she asked

"Any questions?" Discord raised his claw from the side of Applejack and asked

"When do I get to blow stuff up?" every occupant of the carriage yelled simultaneously at the sudden appearence of the spirit of the chaos and made the guards wince at the volume they heard them from outside the carriage, which was supposed to be sound proof.

After they calmed down, Discord checked his ear for any lasting damage, finding a lollipop in the process, which he started to lick.

"Discord, what are you doing here?!" yelled Twilight

"I asked when do I get to blow stuff up." he responded with an 'obviously' tone "And I thought that you were the intelligent of the group" he added.

"You know what I mean!" responded Twilight, getting annoyed

"Okay, you got me." Discord started "I'm here to present you this new Candy Mane Stick" he said with a toothy grin and looking towards us, confusing six of the seven ponies and Spike. "Ever wanted some cotton candy, but you weren't anywere close to were you could buy it? Then the Cotton Mane Stick is for you!" He approached to Rarity "You only hold it from one side," he did so "stuck it on your head or any passers by" he pocked the top of Rarity's head with the stick, making Rarity wince a little "and... voila!" he pulled the stick, from which Rarity's mane now hanged cotton-candy-like, in response, the fancy unicorn fainted "Now you have cotton candy made from a mane!" At that moment Pinkie's head pocked from one side of Discord and she waved a hoof at us. Discord looked at her annoyed and pushed her out of sight. Then turned to us again "The best of all is that it can be yours for only twelve payments of one hundred ninety nine bits" then he started to talk very quickly "Secondary-effects-include-inflamation,-lose-of-the-mane-and-angry-mobs-chasing-you-around.-Don't-use-with-foals-less-than-three-years-old,-during-pregnancy-or-lactation.-Results-may-vary-if-used-with-fur-or-other-species-hair".

After the draconequus stopped ignoring the fourth wall, he turned to the ponies again, who where blinking in perplexity from the action that surpassed Pinkie's level of randomness.

When Twilight shook off the shock, she narrowed her eyes and said even more angry

"Be serious for once, Discord!" Discord was laughing at how almost all of them had their faces stuck in that of a filly that couldn't understand something and responded when he managed to calm down

"I just wanted to tell you that if you fail today, you should try to go over to Las Pegasus"

"How can we trust you?" Twilight asked

"It's simple. You wouldn't have any other options, and by the day after tomorrow, it probably will be the day" he emphasized 'the day', after answering, he started to fade away gradually.

"Wait! What day will be then?!" Twilight demanded to know, but Discord cackled maniacally while fading away.

The six ponies that were still conscious and the dragon were left in confusion as to what the draconequus meant, but they knew that whatever it was, it wouldn't be good.

At the rooftops of Fillydelphia, Fernando was still fleeing from Trixie. He was far enough for Trixie to stop him with magic, but she could still throw to him what she could. Fernando had the bad luck that there were a lot of bricks on those roof tops. Fernando looked back to her and saw a swarm of at least twenty bricks floating alongside her.

"Okay, she has twenty..." a brick flew past, barely missing his head "nineteen bricks for ammo. I got things that will only work if she gets a hold on me" another brick was thrown, but this one actually managed to graze his arm. "Maybe returning to the ground can create some protection".

The human continued to run until he saw a ladder that could take him safely to the ground. He ran to it and started to slide down it. He tried to control the speed a little, and went down a little faster than the traditional way. This wasn't fast enough, because Trixie threw at him a brick while he was still going down the ladder. It would have collided with his head, but he caught it

"Ha HA!" he thought triumphal before noticing that he wasn't holding the ladder anymore. "Oh oh" he fell the rest of the height, surviving the fall, but falling face up. "Ow, it seemed easier in my head" he thought while in the ground. When he recovered from the fall, he saw that Trixie was quickly making her way to the ground too, but she sent another brick, this one was well aimed because she stopped to aim, and he was laying still. Fernando reacted quickly and protected himself with his own brick, saving himself from the impact. He stood up and returned to run away, Trixie following him as soon as she returned to the ground.

Ahead of him, Fernando saw that the only exit was the street, and looking back, it was too late to chose go back, since Trixie was already on the ground and throwing him another brick. He dodged it, and saw how it flew in a straight line, hitting an unfortunate pony that happened to walk in front of the alley, knocking him out.

"Maybe I can get some shields" he thought, knowing what was the other benefit.

The Human Hunters Team landed in a random street of Fillydelphia, but stopped when they noticed that one of them didn't exit the carriage.

"Come on, Rarity! It will be easier if you come along!" yelled Twilight.

"I'm not going out looking like this!" shrieked Rarity. Twilight sighed and said

"If you come out, I can make it grow back!" Twilight said exasperated.

"Really?" shouted Rarity with raspy voice, and shot out of the carriage and grabbed Twilight by the shoulders, shaking her. Right now, she was completely devoid of mane, and looked rather funny "All this time you could just make it grow back!" she continued in that raspy voice.

"Calm down and I'll make it grow back" said Twilight, trying to calm her friend down.

"Just do it!" she demanded. Twilight's horn began to glow, and in less than a minute, Rarity had her mane back, the only exception is that it didn't look as usual. Rarity levitated a mirror from the things she had brought with herself and looked at herself

"Well, nothing I can't fix in some minutes" she muttered to herself before grabbing Twilight in a hug "Thank you so much, Twilight. I don't know what would I have done if I had to wait for it to grow back"

"Rarity... air... I need air" responded a chocking Twilight that was turning from purple to blue.

"Oh, sorry. I got a little carried away" Rarity said sheepishly when she noticed that her friend was about to faint.

When Twilight regained her breath, she turned to the guards.

"You all take a rest. If things don't go as planned, maybe we'll have to fly all night long to reach Las Pegasus" she told them. In response, the guards nodded and went to find were to rest. After that, Twilight looked at her team before commanding

"Okay, you know the plan. Let's go!" with that, they started the search, divided in two groups.

Each team had a pegasus, an Earth pony, and a enough unicorns to stop Fernando from moving around, that meant that Twilight was in one team and Rarity and Lyra were in another one. Spike was with Twilight to keep the teams even.

Back with Fernando, he was running through the street as fast as he could, putting between himself and Trixie as much unsuspecting ponies as possible. For the few minutes they have been in the street, Trixie had knocked out at least four ponies, and left others with a bump on their heads. He looked back at her to see how many bricks she had left.

"Only three more shots and then back to the alleys" he thought.

He wasn't paying attention to where he was running, and he ended up running into a pony. He managed to not fall, and he turned his head to see with who he had collided. It was Applejack.

"Hey, it's you!" she shouted along with Rainbow Dash, Rarity and Lyra when she saw the distracted pony, in this case person, who ran into her.

"Why it's always you?" Fernando thought before he pulled Applejack's hat over her eyes and returning to escape from the mad unicorn, who decided to throw a brick at that moment, barely missing him, but hitting the farm pony instead. She fell to the floor unconscious, and this was enough distraction for Fernando to sneak away.

The three mares looked dumbstruck at Applejack, who was at the ground and then to her attacker, who they recognized right away.

"Hey! What do you think you are doing throwing bricks like crazy!" yelled Rainbow Dash angrily, landing in front of Trixie and glaring at her.

"The Great and Powerful Trixie is hunting the human that now has escaped from her thanks to your intermission" she responded when she lost sight of Fernando, returning the glare.

"Well, you knocked out our friend, you should at least apologize" said Rarity scowling.

"The Great and Powerful Trixie doesn't need to apologize for something that clearly wasn't her fault" Trixie responded, moving her head away indignantly.

"And how was this" Rainbow Dash asked, motioning with her hoof to Applejack "your fault?"

"The Great and Powerful Trixie was aiming for that creature, but it moved away and she happened to be on the way" Trixie answered matter of factly. Rainbow Dash was about to hit her when they heard groaning, and Applejack slowly started to rise up.

"What in tarnation happened?" she asked "And why is my head hurting so much?" she added, holding her head in pain. Then she remembered

"Right, the human!" she was about to run, but was stopped by Rarity

"Applejack, wait. You got hit with a brick in the head and you are..." the unicorn looked to the lump on her head, unsure of how to word it

"Growing a second head!" completed Rainbow Dash

"Come on, sugar cube. I feel great!" Applejack reassured with a smile

"But, aren't you at least a little mad with Trixie?" Rainbow said, pointing to Trixie.

"Who?" asked the farmer pony

"You forgot about The Great and Powerful Trixie?" asked Trixie angry. Applejack looked like she was thinking, and then said while rubbing her head that started to throb.

"Nnnope. Never heard of you" she said with a blank look "But let's restart with the right hoof. Hello, my name's Applejack!" she said, extending her hoof. Trixie looked unamused and started to walk away

"The Great and Powerful Trixie has better things to do right now!" she stated.

Applejack looked confused and turned to Rainbow Dash

"What's her problem?"

"Eeeh... she got a bigger ego than me" Rainbow Dash said before they all started to run in the direction where Fernando and Trixie had disappeared.

"By the way, where's Lyra?" asked Applejack.

Fernando had escaped from Trixie and three of the other four ponies, but he didn't notice that Lyra had started to follow him. He entered an alley and walked until he found a trash container that appeared to be forgotten by the city. He sat down next to it to rest a little.

"Let's see what I got in case of unicorn emergency" he thought before emptying the content of his pockets on the floor. He had a tiny can, some tiny rocks, his glowing stones, and a short string that probably was from his trousers. "Well, at least it will be enough for a normal unicorn" he thought before reaching for his things, but they were taken away by a green glow. "This can't be good" he thought before looking to were his things went.

There stood Lyra, with his things floating next to her

"Now I got you!" she said with a smirk. Fernando tried to stand up and run, but he tripped. Looking down he saw that his left foot was being held in magic.