• Published 27th Jun 2012
  • 21,336 Views, 477 Comments

We will catch you if we can - proto-alpha



When put against a whole new race, a human must keep on running for the sake of his freedom

  • ...
98
 477
 21,336

Wrong suspicions

Fernando started to back away slowly, the crowd reacting and giving a step, all at the same time, for each back-step Fernando did. When the human was passing beside her, Trixie started to slowly rise from the floor, the bowling ball falling from her head in the process, and she said while still in a daze.

"Stop there, foul creature, or else you shall suffer the consequences" Fernando would have taken her seriously if she hadn't been staggering, or if the tiny bowling balls that were floating around her head hadn't been there, and continued to move, but giving longer steps.

Slowly, he was gaining distance between him and the ponies, who seemed to be about to start chasing him at full speed, and when he got a good distance, he turned and started to run as fast as he could. The mob of ponies started to chase him at full speed too, and they all left except for one pony covered in a coat that blocked him completely. He backed walked slowly to a dark alley and was soon out of sight.

Trixie was the only one left at the street, and after she got back to her senses, she noticed that nopony was there.

"That creature dared to humiliate The Great and Powerful Trixie, and then take away all of her fans!" she shouted to herself, "The human doesn't know who he messed with, and before this day ends, The Great and Powerful Trixie shall have her revenge!"

In Poniville, Twilight was preparing anything she and her friends would need. Right now, all of her friends were at their homes, doing the same as Twilight and telling to whoever was staying with them that they probably wouldn't be sleeping there tonight.

They all were arriving when Spike suddenly burped. The magical fire called the attention of the ponies and watched as a letter formed from it. Twilight took the letter and started to read for her and her seven friends.

"Twilight, Fernando has been spotted at Fillydelphia. Head right away there, and see if you can get the help from a seemingly famous unicorn that calls herself The Great and Powerful Trixie". Everypony groaned when they heard that Trixie was at the same place of their target. Not only because they disliked her, but because she would probably make it a competition.

Reluctantly, they went to the carriage and boarded it, and soon they were flying to Fillydelphia.

Fernando entered the first alley that came into view, barely dodging an incoming pegasus. Thanks to the narrow path, the ponies were stopped some moments, giving Fernando enough time to turn the first corner of the alley and get out of their sight, but he found that there was at a dead end. He quickly looked around, but only found a door in bad state and some trash cans.

"I can't hide in those trash cans, they would find me right away, and that door doesn't even has a doorknob". He started to get nervous when he heard multiple pairs of hoofs approaching from the alley. Fernando looked around once again, and noticed that there were some bricks in the buildings that he could use as a stair.

"Hey, did I miss something?" asked Discord, who appeared from the thin air at Fernando's side. Fernando shook his head in a negative way, not even flinching from the random action, and thought while he started to climb those bricks.

"I was only hit with a bowling ball and fell from fifteen to twenty meters"

"How are you in one piece?" he asked him, chuckling at his misfortune

"For some reason somebody was assembling a trampoline in the middle of the street" he responded, already a meter over the ground.

"I don't know why I get the feeling that I'm not needed anymore" Discord commented with an unamused face. At that moment, the ponies appeared around the corner, and spotted Fernando already climbing the wall, but they also saw Discord and froze for a moment in shock and terror. Discord looked at them and noticed that he was doing this. "If you excuse me, Fernando, I have to go now. I'm giving you an unfair advantage" he said before leaving in an implosion.

Fernando turned to see the ponies and was glad that they still didn't move. When he was halfway the four story building, some of the pegasus snapped out of their shock and flew to him. Fernando heard the flapping of their wings and turned to see that one of them was about to headbutt him. Since he didn't had more options, he let go of the bricks and grabbed them again a second after. The pegasus flew past him, and he once again started to climb.

At the ground, the unicorns that were among the ponies started to pick up everything they could to throw at Fernando, ranging from soda cans to rotten food. Their aim was very good, but because the magic wasn't their special talent, the things had barely strength enough for Fernando to feel them. It was until two of the unicorns focused their magic on only one rotten apple that they actually made Fernando almost let go of the wall. Soon, all of the other unicorns were doing the same.

Fernando was just two meters below the roof when one of the pegasus managed to come back, but instead of shooting himself against him, he made a more calm approach and tried to grab Fernando by his armpits, planning on taking him away from the wall.

Fernando heard the wings of the pegasus and then the hoofs trying to lift him. He was thankful that he was heavier than the normal pony, but he knew that if the unicorns, who didn't have the same accuracy as before because of their bad teamwork, managed to hit him, he would fall to his painful capture.

Thanks to the winged pony that was trying to take him to the air, Fernando's task of climbing the wall was easier, easily covering another meter and a half. He was about to get to the roof when he saw more pegasus approaching.

"If more of those try to lift me, maybe they will actually manage to catch me!" he thought in desperation.

Now there were three pegasus, the stallion and another two mares, who were trying, and succeeding, to lift him. Soon he was floating some meters over the roof top, and he saw that on top of the building there was at least a dozen of Earth ponies ready to pounce at him at the moment he put a foot on the roof.

"Thanks for the help, misses, but now leave the thing to me. I promise that I'll probably give you some bits from the reward" Fernando heard from above. He looked up and saw his captors bickering between themselves.

"Well, you would never be able to carry it" answered one of the mares

"And those bits will only be ours" the other one finished. Until now Fernando noticed that those mares were twins, and apparently they were from those who liked to finish each other sentences.

"I had it in my hoofs before you came here, so the bits are mine" said the stallion, tugging from Fernando's arm to try and free him from the twins hoofs

"But we were the ones" started one of them, pulling from his other arm

"That could lift him" finished the other, while taking one of his legs.

"Wow, two girls fighting over me... with a dude" Fernando thought, his head hung in shame over the situation.

The game of tug of war continued some more before Fernando noticed that there were still random objects flying through the air. He looked down and saw the unicorns still trying to hit him to make him fall. This gave Fernando an idea. He waited for the right moment, and when he saw that something was actually coming in his direction, he pulled with all of his might the stallion, lowering him enough for a can of soup to hit him in the head and make him lose his grip on Fernando.

The twins couldn't even say yay when Fernando's weight proved to be too strong for them and they started to slowly descend to the ground. Fernando was left hanging from one leg and one arm, but even then he still tried to swung himself so he would fall on a roof without ponies. He succeeded and hit the ground relatively slowly, which was a great improvement from the fall he suffered some minutes ago.

The twins were too tired when they all were at the top of the building that was across from were the Earth ponies were and didn't do anything when Fernando started to escape from them.

For their part, some the ponies on the other roof jumped across the alley and started to give chase to Fernando, who was once again jumping from one building to another. The only thing he had at his advantage was that when a wall was too high for him or the other ponies to simply jump, he could get help from his hands to climb it and gain some terrain, which was easily covered by the superior speed of the ponies.

The Human Hunters Team meanwhile was taking the long road around the Everfree forest. A storm had formed itself thanks to the unnatural quality of the forest to control it's own weather (that's creepy, right?), and they couldn't fly safely over the forest.

At this very moment, Twilight was munching happily on a Healthy Bar while Spike ate his with an annoyed face while waiting in the carriage outside of McDonuts.

Some minutes earlier

The ponies and dragon were flying over the city of Manehattan. Twilight was giving instructions to the other ponies when they arrived at Fillydelphia, when Pinkie's stomach randomly growled.

"Hey, do any of you have some sweets?" the pink maned pony asked. Twilight grinned and took out a bar from the things she had packed.

"Here, have a Healthy Bar" Pinkie happily took it and put the entire piece of food in her mouth. After she did that, her face turned green and spat the bar outside of the carriage.

"What was that?" she asked while trying to get the inglorious taste from her mouth.

"That was just a Healthy Bar. It gives you a lot of energy and doesn't have sugar nor fat!" when Pinkie's pink ears heard this, she curled in a ball started to mutter very quietly and multiple times

"No sugar, sin. No sugar, sin." Fluttershy, who was seated beside her, backed away and looked outside of the carriage, spotting one of the famous McDonuts down below.

"Hey, um... why don't we go to McDonuts? I heard they have very cute toys of ourselves, because, um... you know, we saved Equestria" Rainbow Dash seemed to remember something when she heard that

"Now that I think of it, I still haven't gotten myself!"

"And I just need you, Twilight, Rarity, Fluttershy, Applejack and me to get us all!" Pinkie said, returning to her normal self "But... the cakes never let me go to one of those" she finished a little disgruntled.

"What they don't know won't affect them, right?" said Rainbow, while giving her an elbow of complicity.

"I guess you're right!" Pinkie happily responded.

In Ponyville, Mrs. Cake was at the kitchen of the Sugar Cube Corner when a sudden red light started to flash and a very loud sound of alarm started to come from some hidden speakers.

"Pinkie Pie is thinking of going to another bakery" she said while narrowing her eyes.

Twilight didn't liked the fact that they were ignoring her attempts at making everything easier and being prepared for the situation.

"But girls, I brought more than enough for all of us" she showed two dozens of Healthy Bars "Rarity, you surely want one of them, right? I've heard you talk hours about your weight!"

"Sorry, Twilight, but those things have too much chemicals and things that unknown to you are bad for your mane" the white unicorn answered "Besides, even I appreciate a doughnut every once in a while". In a last attempt, Twilight turned to Applejack who answered to the look that Twilight was giving her

"I don't eat those things created in those fancy factories, sorry Twi" Twilight sighed in defeat, but got a sudden evilly look in her eyes and she turned to Spike. He gulped, knowing exactly what would happen to him.

Back to the future"

When Twilight finished her Healthy Bar, she saw that her six friends and the pegasus that pulled the carriage were exiting the building, Rainbow and Pinkie playing a game on the way to the carriage.

"Are you ready? Nopony needs to use the bathroom?" Twilight asked when they all were at the carriage again. They all shook their heads, "Okay, then let's continue!" she said, and the guards started to pull the carriage. Spike waited until Twilight was distracted to speak to Pinkie

"Pst, Pinkie, did you get it?" he asked

"Yep, it's right here" she responded before secretly passing him a donut two times the size of a normal donut. It was known as a Big Dnut. Spike's eyes shined at the sight of something that had an actual flavor, unlike the Healthy Bar he was forced to eat, and devoured the donut in one bite.

Back at Fillydelphia, Fernando managed to lose his persecutors, and gave himself some seconds to get back his breath. He was sitting down beside an advertising billboard. He looked up and saw some clouds, and one of them caught his attention. It was a pink cloud with what appeared to be a tail hanging lazily from it, and he had an idea of who might be the owner of that tail.

"Hey, Discord, if you can read this, come here. I need to ask you something!". Not too long after he thought that, the pink cloud descended until it was only a meter over Fernando's head. Discord head stuck out and he asked

"What do you need to know?"

"What city is the most closer to this one and where is it?" Fernando inquired.

"The closest city is Las Pegasus. As to where is it, I don't think I should tell you" Discord responded with a malicious smile

"Why do you think that?" Fernando asked

"Because if I tell you, my fun will last less time" the draconequus answered

"But if I stay in one place for too much eventually everything would be boring" said Fernando, knowing exactly how to convince him.

"But..." Discord tried to say, but was interrupted

"And then the Human Hunters Team would find me and find out about your spell, and then they would end up sealing you again"

"How are you so sure that they would seal me again?" Discord asked, his eyes narrowed

"They can track magic, or something like that, right? If you don't make them forget these days then they will know that you're free. Also, if you erase their memories now, they won't know about me either, so that would make everything easier" Fernando smirked at his flawless logic, and the draconequus gave up and pointed to the east.

"Las Pegasus is in that direction. You'll probably take two days if you walk" he said before going away on his cloud. While leaving towards the sky, he noticed the carriage of the seven ponies and dragon approaching the city and thought mischievously to himself "Let's pay a visit to the Elements", and teleported.

Fernando watched as Discord disappeared and could only wonder what he was up to, considering that once again he couldn't see him. He shrugged his shoulders and started to pick up random objects that could fit in his pocket

"There are a lot of unicorns now. This may come in handy" he thought.

He was about to start jumping from building to building, when a voice came from behind the billboard.

"Don't think that you can escape, now that The Great and Powerful Trixie knows about your plan of taking over Equestria with Discord she will do everything she can to stop you!" the owner of the voice was the unicorn that he saw earlier talk to him, and looking by how she heard only a half of the conversation, she had a wrong idea about what was going on.

"Great, another crazy pony hunting me" Fernando thought in disdain.