• Published 27th Jun 2012
  • 21,322 Views, 477 Comments

We will catch you if we can - proto-alpha



When put against a whole new race, a human must keep on running for the sake of his freedom

  • ...
98
 477
 21,322

Great and Powerful problems

After some more hours of walking, and some minutes of running for his life, Fernando managed to reach the other end of the Everfree forest. He gave a sigh of relief when he didn't have anymore thick foliage over his head that covered completely or partially the sunlight. Outside the Everfree forest there was a large plain, with an occasional tree, and some distance away, there was a city.

Discord exited to the forest, but now he had some scars over his body.

"You know, I'm starting to regret giving you that map" he said while detaching a smaller than normal Venus Man-trap from his back. Fernando ignored his complain and he asked

"What city is that one?" he asked pointing to the large buildings that could be seen. Discord looked in said direction and took out a map from who-knows-where and after some examination, he said

"That must be Fillydelphia. It's the only other city, apart from Ponyville, close to the forest" he made his point while showing Fernando the map, but the map was upside-down. Instead of pointing that out, Fernando made another question

"So that means that if I manage to spend a night here everything would be back to normal? he asked hopefully.

"No. Since you didn't went to Manehattan, now you have to be in Fillydelphia and another town or city" Discord answered, laughing at his expression when he said that. Fernando sighed again and started to walk to the town, on the way another question popped in his mind.

"Why Ponyville is connected with Manehattan, but not with Fillydelphia? because I'm pretty sure Fillydelphia is closer than than the other one"

"That is because a giant hole known as the entrance to the Tartarus is in the middle of the way, and it's even more dangerous than the Everfree forest" Discord simply answered.

In the library of Ponyville, Twilight had gathered her friends, formerly known as the Human Hunters Team, to tell them of the her and the princess' plan.

"Listen up, girls. Last night I discovered that the days that we can't remember, were spent on a hunt around Equestria. Our prey, Fernando" the other six ponies and Spike, who was now awake, gasped when they heard that. "I believe that it is because of Discord that we can't remember anything, and whatever it is, it must be something important about that human" They all nodded. "Right now, we don't know were he is, but the Princess has sent out informants to all of the cities of Equestria, and in the moment that one of them spots him, he will communicate with the princess and the princess will tell us. To get to wherever Fernando is faster, there is a carriage and four of the fastest and strongest pegasus of the Royal Guard that can get us to any city in less than a day"

"But I'm faster than everypony else. I can get to any city in less than two hours" Rainbow Dash commented

"Yeah, but he is clever enough to outsmart Princess Celestia" there were whats from the ponies "and anger the Princess Luna and get away with it"

"Wh-what do we do if we find him?" asked Fluttershy

"Lyra knows what he is capable of and has thought of his weakness" Twilight responded. Everypony, and Spike, turned to Lyra, who eagerly started to talk about her favorite subject

"Look, from what I saw at the castle, he can use those appendages on his front legs, known as hands, as easily as a unicorn can use magic, but if what I have studied and thanks to some notes that I found are right, he's not stopped by any special talent.

From something that I heard from my grandfather, who always told me of creatures that are a lot like him, but I think we're talking about the same species, he can use his environment to help himself, and if it is possible, he'll create tools even from just a stick or a rock.

If we manage to tie his hands, we still need to immobilize his back legs. A bipedal creature is far more agile than a quadrupedal" Rainbow mumbled something about she being more agile "and still can easily dodge anything we throw at him. If we do these two things, he will be stopped before he makes any major damage".

When Lyra finished her explanation, they all decided that staying together would be better than returning to their normal activities, only if Fernando was seen and they needed to be on their way.

Back at the other side of the Everfree forest, when Fernando arrived at the outskirts of the city, he found that there wasn't too much difference with Manehattan, except that there didn't appear to be as much alleys as in the other city. At first it wasn't a problem, but soon he found that the alleys here weren't large enough to ensure a safely escape. Most of them were dead-ends, and more than the half of the other alleys, had only two exits, making everything moving around a little harder, to the point were he was forced to exit to the streets more times than he deemed necessary.

"This isn't good. At this rate, I'll be found then he turned to Discord who was silently following him "and and because someone was too lazy, they all remember me!"

"It's not my fault. If those six ponies hadn't sealed away most of my powers, I could easily wipe away the memories of an entire city!" Discord responded annoyed.

"Yeah, yeah, mister chaos. Whatever you say" Fernando responded while looking away, enjoying the fact that he could still entertain himself at Discord expenses. He growled in frustration when he arrived at yet another dead-end, and looked around for another possible paths.

He spotted the emergency ladder on one of the buildings, and also noticed that everything was much closer than in the other city.

"Well, I always wanted to try the Parkour. I just hope that I don't end up killing myself" he thought while starting to climb the ladder, leaving Discord to wonder what is Parkour.

Fernando reached the top of the building and started to look around, confirming that everything was close enough. Discord floated all the way up and when he was next to Fernando he asked

"What is this Parkoor?" Fernando turned to him and corrected him

"First of all, is Parkour." it didn't help that his thoughts couldn't communicate pronunciation. "And to answer your question, watch this" he added confidently. He went to one side of the building, and prepared himself to start running. He had never tried to do anything like this, but he couldn't let go of this chance.

He took a deep breath and when he decided that he was ready, he started to run as fast as he could. Discord watched in disbelief as Fernando approached the edge of the roof, and wondered if a human going splat was a disturbing look. Fernando continued to run and jumped when he impulsed himself with his right foot, soaring through the air as he was reaching the other side of the narrow space of the alley.

He landed without too much trouble, the feeling of adrenaline still coursing through is body while he was panting from excitement.

"That is Parkour!" he thought to Discord. The draconequus made his way to Fernando and questioned

"Are you going to do that while you are in this city?" Fernando nodded "Then I guess it will be my work to clean things up when you fall to the ground" Fernando gave him a deadpan look

"Shut up, you'll jinx me" he thought annoyed

"You're welcome" Discord responded mockingly.

In other part of the city, some ponies were gathering in front of a stage. They had heard of a 'great and powerful' unicorn that would make a show in that place and nopony wanted to lose a chance like that. It wasn't long before more ponies went too, curious about what was happening.

Suddenly, all of the ponies turned to the stage when they heard somepony announce from somewhere

"Citizens of Fillydelphia, behold the most powerful unicorn of Equestria, the one who can single hoofedly catch the elusive human. The unique, the incomparable," there was a sudden smoke explosion "The Great and Powerful Trixie!". When the smoke cleared, a blue unicorn with a wizard cape and hat stood in the middle of the stage and some fireworks were launched.

The crowd that stood there said a collective

"Oooooh" and then started to stomp their hoofs on the floor, in a variant of applauding. Contrary to the busy life of Ponyville, the citizens of Fillydelphia were used to a far more calmed life in a city. The most they had to deal with was the parasprite invasion, but the worst they did was eat the food of their pets.

The lack of excitement in their lives had made them very gullible, hence their admiration for a unicorn that for more than half a hour was doing nothing more than boast about all of her 'accomplishments' and talk in third person, without doing anything that could demonstrate everything she said.

"And remember, if you want to see again the Great and Powerful Trixie, I'll make another show later this evening" she said before stepping off of the stage and returning to her trailer.

Later, that same day, Fernando had successfully made his way through halfway the city. On his way, he got lucky and found the leftovers of what was supposed to be the dinner of some lazy ponies, because they had left there almost everything.

There would still be some hours of light before he could lurk the darkness of the streets at night, and right now, he was resting a little.

"Who would have thought that jumping across buildings would still be exciting after some hours" he commented to himself. Discord had gotten bored some time ago, and he had left until his chaotic sense called him back once again. While resting on top of the building, he heard from below a lot of noise. He peered over the edge of the building and saw down at the street a stage, with a blue unicorn shouting her lungs out, but the only thing he could understand from that distance was

"... Great and Powerful Trixie!" and then some fireworks. He quickly lost interest, and returned to his business. He still needed a way to get to another city, but he didn't even know how they were called, apart from the cities he had been in and Las Pegasus, which were his only other option.

"If I remember correctly, Manehattan was the city were I made my role as a ghost," he thought of how the guards didn't mind bury him under the remains of a train station "so it's better to go to that 'Las Pegasus'. I just hope it's not like Las Vegas". The fact that if it was indeed, like Las Vegas, then there surely would be a lot of ponies and almost no places to hide. "Well, I better get going" he thought.

He readied himself and started to run in the direction of the street, taking advantage that it wasn't more than three and a half meters, but he didn't notice that at that moment, The Great and Powerful Trixie was showing off her telekinetic powers by throwing random objects to the air, and in the middle of the air, he was hit by a bowling ball, and instead of holding from the roof of the building, he crashed with the wall and now he was in a free fall of at least ten meters.

On the ground, Trxie had just launched the bowling ball and now was saying what she was about to do

"As you have seen, The Great and Powerful Trixie has great strength, but even more powerful concentration, because The Great and Powerful Trixie will assemble a trampoline before it returns to the ground".

The egocentric unicorn was working fast with the pieces, attracting the attention of the ponies back to her before they saw Fernando. She had the steel beams attached in almost no time, and was halfway through putting the fabric when Fernando fell on the trampoline. If he had some more luck, the trampoline would have stopped him from touching the ground, but since it was halfway done, he still collided with the concrete, just with not enough force as to kill him, but he was knocked out, and had a bleeding nose.

All of the ponies stared with their jaws hanging from their heads, even Trixie. There was an absolute silence for some minutes before Trixie reacted and said boastfully

"Ha, just as I planned since the beginning!" when she said this, all of the ponies started to stomp their hoofs on the ground, not expecting Trixie to catch 'again' Fernando. "Well, The Great and Powerful Trixie is sorry, but The Great and Powerful Trixie must return to Canterlot again since he" she motioned to Fernando, who was levitating under her magical grasp, "escaped again from the Princess Celestia". She was about to leave the stage, but the bowling ball came down and collided with her head, making her let go of Fernando and he hit the floor face first yet again, but this time he was awoken.

He slowly stood up and noticed three things. Number one, a massive headache. Number two, the warm red liquid running down his face, and number three was the crowd of equine creatures staring at him.

"Well, shit" he thought.