• Published 14th Sep 2016
  • 357 Views, 0 Comments

Villains - Papa Krell



The planet Equis has existed peacfully for thousands of years. But a strange and nightmarish visitor named Galagus may end up changing that.

  • ...
 0
 357

Chapter 1; Dinner

Twilight Sparkle was the star student of princess Celestia herself, and later became the element of magic and the princess of friendship. Her magical prowess allowed her to engage in conflicts with such forces as Tirek, King Sombra, Queen Chrysalis, and even Discord. But in all her years of nigh obsessive studying and traveling around Equestria, she'd never once seen or heard something like what her former teacher had written about in this letter.

The letter, like all other letters she'd sent and received from Celestia, was penned on simple parchment, sealed with the royal seal, and arrived in a small puff of fire through her assistant Spike.

Unlike most letters however, this one told her that her and the other elements of harmony were needed in canterlot as soon as possible. This slightly worried the purple mare, for when the princess called for the presence of the elements in such a manner in the past, it had usually meant that some old evil had returned to wreak havoc on Equestria, or a crisis was imminent. Nonetheless, Twilight was determined to do whatever was needed of her to the best of her abilities and knew that she could count on her friends to do the same.

Once everypony had settled in their seats, Rainbow Dash started her usual flapping about the cabin of the train, openly wondering what the princess could need from them. "Ooh, do you think it's a secret mission? Like, with cool gadgets and stuff? That would be awesome!" She rambled, her curiosity clearly overriding her boredom.

Applejack chuckled to herself and turned to Rarity, who was intently brushing her mane. "Knowin Rarity, she'd probably make them outfits look all pretty like." She joked. Rarity's ears perk up and she places her mirror and brush back into her suitcase. "Well, it's not my fault I can't stand looking like an uncultured ruffian." She replied to the farmer, earning a burst of laughter from Rainbow Dash and a soft giggle from Fluttershy. "Twilight, what ever does the princess requires of us? I'm sure we're all dying to know." The white mare asked, everypony nodding in agreement.

Twilight levitates out the letter princess Celestia had sent. "I don't know, all it says is that we are needed there, and that it's important. I just hope it's not something like Tirek." She answers with a shrug.

"Only time will tell I suppose." Fluttershy says in her soft and quiet voice.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Galagus looks back and forth from Luna to the gilded dining chair that the regal sisters had led him to and back again, his voice almost pleading. "Are you sure it's not gonna break when I sit down Princess? I mean no disrespect to you or your sister, but those chairs really don't seem up to the task." He warns, nudging the furnishing with a tentative hand.

Taking her seat at the head of the table, Celestia pulls Galagus's away from the table with her magic and motions for him to do the same. "I assure you, these have endured the use of larger patrons than yourself." She tells him casually.

Galagus shrugs his shoulders and sits down carefully, but is caught off guard by the sturdiness of the furnishing. "Impressive your highnesses, I truly didn't think they'd be able to hold my weight." He says with raised eyebrows and a tone of true astonishment.

Six mares enter the dining room, their conversations abruptly ending as they all come to a sudden stop in the doorway, the purple alicorn at the front of the group stopping and causing the ponies behind her to bump into one another

One mare, an orange pony with a hat on comments almost immediately. "Twilight what in tarnation is the hold up?" She drawls with a southern accent, trying and failing to see what had caused her friend to stop.

Twilight's ears and fold back and she starts backing up, allowing her entourage to get a glimpse of the strange monster looming in the doorway. "W-what is that?" She asks with as much courage as she could muster, the other five mares gathered behind her echoing the question.

The warm voice of her former mentor supplies an unexpected answer. "Do not worry my little ponies, he is a guest of ours. Please, come and join us at the table." Celestia informs them calmly.

Still quietly intimidated, five mares carefully move around the lumbering form of Galagus and take their seats at the table, not meeting the gaze of the being, one still too unnerved to enter the room.

Galagus doesn't move or make a sound, sensing great fear and shyness in the small yellow Pegasus cowering outside. The door begins to slide closed, but is halted by a powerful metal hand. "It's okay little one, I will not hurt you or your friends. My name is Galagus, and I am not of this world." He hums softly to the Pegasus, taking care not to startle her.

"Um hi t-there my n-name is Fluttershy." She whispers, barely audible to the untrained ear.

Stepping outside, Galagus bends down on one knee and holds his hand out to the nervous pony. "Fluttershy? That's a very nice name. People of my planet seldom had such wonderful names, so it is my pleasure to meet you Fluttershy."

Reluctantly, Fluttershy moves into the dining area and takes a seat next to rarity. "There we go, gotta be sure I don't make them afraid of me. This planet's magic is bothersome, it seems as though I won't be able to leave without at least four-fifty-eighting my current power. I suppose I should get comfortable and make sure they are too. I'm gonna be here a while."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The sounds of clinking silverware and muffled chewing fills the silence as the gathered ponies dine on fresh greens and elegant teas. All except Galagus, who just looks at his food solemnly earning some weird looks from the eight ponies around him. "Forgive my lack of manners everyone but, well, I don't eat. I hate to be rude, but I'm afraid it's not something I can do." He explains with shrugged shoulders.

"Why not?" A squeaky voice chimes in, followed by worried glances and a dusty sigh from the large extraterrestrial.

Galagus reaches out to the princesses telepathically, finding that their minds allow the connection quite easily. "Your highnesses, seeing as how they seem to be so fundamentally different from one another, I wish to interact with these six one at a time."

Celestia replies smoothly, with very little effort. "That would be for the best. Carry on Galagus."

Rising from his chair, Galagus motions for the pink pony to follow him outside.