• Published 7th Sep 2016
  • 1,460 Views, 28 Comments

No redemption. - zman123



Charged with intention to kill and culpable ponycide, Lightening is sentenced to life without parole in a cruel,sadistic prison. Beaten, maimed and tortured daily, never able to escape this state, it seems this is one story with no triumphant end.

  • ...
25
 28
 1,460

Emergency treatment begins. (Fluttershy's pov)

March 12

As I bent down to carry Lightning Dust's lifeless corpse back to my cottage, I sigh painfully and irrepressibly. It was my fault she died. Maybe things would have been better if I hadn't come. The guards probably found out Lightning had been talking to me, which is probably why they killed Lightning Dust.
I'm sorry Lightning Dust.

Why didn't Spitfire punish Rainbow Dash. From what I saw and heard after that tornado, Rainbow Dash was at least partly to blame. Why then did Rainbow Dash get off so easily? Did Spitfire favouritise Rainbow Dash because he did the sonic Rainboom and Lightning Dust didn't?

Or did Rainbow Dash guilt trip Spitfire into blaming Lightning Dust and not him, considering how Rainbow Dash was so quick to accept Spitfire's offer back into the Wonderbolts when Spitfire promoted him to lead pony.

That wasn't loyal. Backstabbing your friends and leaving them to take the heat when you were just as guilty as they were, wasn't loyal.

Was that, was that a twitch. No, it can't be. Did Lightning just twitch when I touched her?

No... no there it was again. Definitely a twitch when I touched her. A very, very slight jerk, but still a jerk nonetheless.

She still had a chance. A small chance, but a chance if I acted now. If I start treating her injuries now, she might make it. No, she will make it. I'll make sure of it.

I take hold of her lifeless haunches, and lift her up into the air as I begin to soar at top speed back to my cottage.

She didn't have much time, and even with my rapid response, she might not make it. I couldn't waste an instant.

Don't worry Lightning Dust. You're going to be okay. I know how much you love to fly and I promise, I pinkie promise you'll fly again soon.

You're among friends now Lightning. Rainbow Dash might not have been loyal despite being the element of loyalty, but as the element of kindness, I vow to give you the kindness you so richly deserve, even if the world hates you.

I promise you that I will stay true to my element, even if Rainbow Dash will not. I promise to be the good loyal wingpony to you that Rainbow Dash never was, my dear Lead pony.

I hadn't flown this quickly or well for a long time. Lightning Dust's survival depended on a quick response time, if there was one day of the year where I could overcome my fears and fly freely and happily like any normal Pegasus without stage fright or the fear of being mocked and branded a useless loser, I was glad that it was today.

Lightning Dust's treatment needed to begin as quickly as possible if she was going to have any chance of surviving her terrible injuries and even despite my best efforts, it was a sad possibility she might not make it through.

But I had to at least try. If Lightning died today, it would be as my fault as the pony who nearly killed her and the guilt would follow me to my grave and beyond. Not to mention the terrible loneliness I would feel at losing what could have been one of my closest friends for life.

As soon as we had reached my cottage, I wasted no time in rushing Lightning Dust into my cottage and laying her onto a bed after bandaging her injuries with a makeshift tourniquet.

A hospital was out of the question, even if there were real doctors there who actually knew exactly how to deal with a situation like this and could better deal with Lightning's injuries than a unqualified quack with no medical degree like me, Fluttershee.

They were sure to refuse treatment for the guilty prisoner and to allow Lightning Dust to die, despite her urgent need for emergency treatment.

And then they would probably throw me in jail for life for being an accomplice in aiding Lightning Dust's escape even if I was only trying to saving Lightning Dust's life.

There was barely time to coherently gather my thoughts as I hurriedly began to gather a large bunch of herbs I still had left when I last went to visit Zecora, and hastily began to mix them together. This was risky as I had no idea and no time to check whether I was even mixing the ingredients in the order I intended.

And even worse was that because Dr Fluttershee the useless quack, had no medical degree or formal training in medicine, there was no guarantee that my intended mix of ingredients would even do anything other than exacerbate Lightning's already abysmal condition so that she died even more painfully that she would have if I had left her bleeding in the forest.

The only medical experience I did have, was when out of necessity, I had to treat a few simple injuries my animal friends had received over the years and with help from the skilled herbalist Zecora as well as some books from Twilight, I was able to concoct a simple medicine that while not the ideal drug for the condition, got the job done but only just.

Those were a few small cuts or bruises, or at worst, a slightly sore throat that would probably have healed itself in just three short days anyway.

This was a series of life threatening injuries that were sucking more and more of what little life Lightning had left by the second. These were injuries that would baffle even the most renowned and skillful surgeons and injuries that took a miracle to survive with, let alone recover from.

It was entirely likely that even if Lightning was somehow able to survive, that she would live the rest of her life paralyzed and unable to fly, or possibly even demented and unable to perform even the most rudimentary of tasks independently.

I tried not to dwell on those thoughts, but promised myself as I began the treatment, that if that was the case and Lightning was disabled and crippled for life if I successfully saved her life, that I would personally care for her as the friend and nurse she never had. I would do what I could to make her life as pleasant as I could, even if it meant she would never achieve her dreams of flying high with the Wonderbolts, or walk outside unsupervised ever again.

There was no point in calling Twilight or my other friends for help either. They had all heard the story of Lightning the selfish murderer from Rainbow Dash, and they were sure to detest Lightning Dust as much as Rainbow Dash did.

One day, I would show the world that Lightning Dust was not as bad as she seemed. One day I would show Twilight and Spitfire that Lightning did at least kind of have a heart and that maybe, just maybe somewhere deep down that Lightning Dust too had feelings like everypony else.

But not today and not now. For now I had to keep Lightning Dust hidden and more importantly, I had to do what I could to treat her injuries.

I would gladly have sacrificed my life as I began to apply the medicine I had brewed onto Lightning's terrible wounds, to see Lightning's eyes open just a tiny fraction and for her to take just one breath, even if it came out as a bloody cough.

Author's Note:

Thank you once more for reading the stories of a terrible, stupid and very bad author. You really are the best people. I honestly tried my hardest to make this story as good as possible and I would be very flattered to be given any comments.
Please comment if you like this story or want to advise me how to continue with this story and what you would like to see on the next chapter. Once again thank you. Thank you for being such nice people and for being so nice to a terrible author with no skill in writing.