• Published 7th Sep 2016
  • 1,470 Views, 28 Comments

No redemption. - zman123



Charged with intention to kill and culpable ponycide, Lightening is sentenced to life without parole in a cruel,sadistic prison. Beaten, maimed and tortured daily, never able to escape this state, it seems this is one story with no triumphant end.

  • ...
25
 28
 1,470

Busted (Fluttershy pov)

"I'm going to see if I can find some food" I say in a somewhat strained voice. "We haven't had anything for a while now and I'm sorry."

Lightning nods, watching me uneasily.

I step towards the town, hoping my friends would be kind enough today to help me. But before I got to the town, I felt the terrible sensation of being watched.

My heart quickens and my blood runs cold, but I manage to shrug it off, knowing how much I needed to find some more food. I wished then that this wasn't the one day of the year I overcame my shyness.

Heavy footsteps fall. I turn to run back the way I came but before I can take one more step, he leaped out from behind the thick undergrowth of the forest and pins me to the ground.

Him. The black stallion I met the other day. He grabs me and demands I surrender all my valuables. I tell him I haven't got anything. He doesn't buy it and wraps his hoof around my neck to choke me.

I beg desperately for my life, promising I didn't have anything but he only tightens his grip. I scream to get attention but his hold chokes my voice. Then he puts another hoof over my mouth, muffling my screams.

"This is going to be fun" he states, with a sickening maniacal grin.

My friends really were never there when I needed them, and I cursed them silently in my mind. Just as Celestia was never there when her subjects needed her. They were all selfish, arrogant snobs. Each and every one of them.

The black stallion sneers as he stands over me, my vision blurring. A second later and he has no emotion at all. A strong kick knocks him away, as a blur of cyan lunges at him. Lightning Dust had followed me here. She had saved my life and I made a mental note to myself to reward her justly for being so kind and selfless unlike my other friends.

They began to struggle. Lightning's surprise attack had caught my assailant by surprise and he was still recovering from shock as Lightning butted her skull into his stomach, kicked at him with her hoof and began to maul him, like a demon.

But just as it seems Lightning is about to win, the black stallion recovers his poise and lands a heavy blow at Lightning's face.

"You're just as weak as you were when I last saw you, loser" he sneers as he wraps his hoof around Lightning's neck to choke her.

But Lightning's strength is a match for his and she manages to throw him off.

They grapple. Still weakened by the choke hold, still breathless, i watch, unable to do anything.

But eventually Lightning manages to knock him to the ground.

A crowd of ponies rushes towards the scene of the fight. They had come too late, and were here at the most inconvenient of times instead.

They don't stop to ask if I'm alright or what happened. Instead they point accusingly at Lightning Dust, who was still breathless from the struggle.

"You're you're Lightning Dust, the pony that blew the hurricane that nearly took out Princess Twilight and her friends" snarls one of them.

Lightning nods sadly.

"Are you alright" asks another pony, looking with concern at the black stallion.

"Yes" he says "I was just walking by when she came here and started kicking me. It hurts. It hurts badly."

"How could you?" yells the crowd, looking angrily at Lightning Dust.

Lightning doesn't try to explain herself. She simply nodded as the ponies took hold of her so that she was unable to move, and began leading her away.

"You're going to Spitfire" says one pony "I'm sure she'll be very angry with you after what you just did. Especially after you just got a life sentence after that tornado. Let her decide what to do with you next."

"So be it" says Lightning Dust in a voice that could bring even the devil to tears of pity and grief "So be it".

She looks back at me as the crowd lead her away "I'm sorry my best friend" she cries "Thank you. Thank you for the short but happy time you made better just for being there for me. Goodbye. Goodbye my best friend."

"Quiet" yells a pony as he drags Lightning away.

I look on with an expression of utter shock and breathlessness.

But before I can bring myself to weep, I quickly realise the one pony with the power to help me.

The chances of that one pony helping was very slim but it was the only chance I had to save Lightning Dust.

I dash for Canterlot. I had no time to wait for a train, it would be quicker to fly.

Time was running out for Lightning Dust.