• Published 7th Sep 2016
  • 4,421 Views, 218 Comments

Luna and her Woona - Teyeson Bee



Luna Lovegood finds a mysterious creature called "Woona" in the Hogwarts forest, and Woona has taken quite a liking to her. There's only one thing for Luna to do; be her Mama!

  • ...
10
 218
 4,421

Daddy Neville

Author's Note:

Sorry for the long wait. Lots of projects. Adding some simple, chapters in here between the bigger stuff. Just some cute filler, and what's wrong with some cute filler? Enjoy! :heart:

"HOW?"

Ginny had cornered Luna outside the Great Hall on her way toward the courtyard. Woona was still perched on top of Luna's head, eyes closed comfortably, while she hummed an unknown tune, almost like she was in a pleasant daze. Not too far off from Luna's general behavior now that Ginny thought about it, but that wasn't the biggest thing on her mind. Without even giving any greetings, it was the first thing that came out of her mouth. Her tone was pure, unadulterated astonishment when she asked. Luna, however, kept her far-off expression, as if there wasn't a bother in the world.

"You'll have to be more specific, Ginny," Luna responded. "How what?"

"How did Woona do it?" Ginny asked again, pointing toward the alicorn. "Snape has never shown mercy to any student besides his own! He was ready to throw her out, but then, something happened! What was it?" Luna chuckled amusingly, as if Ginny had just told a cute joke.

"I think it's rather obvious, Ginny," Luna said, reaching up to rub Woona's back, making her sigh heavily with relaxation. "Professor Snape has taken a liking to Woona. Can't really blame him though. She really is a treat." She then scratched behind Woona's ear, which earned a soft giggle from the pony. Ginny just stood there motionless, like she was waiting for the moment where Luna would say it was a joke, but it never came.

"You're kidding, right?" she asked. "You really think that Snape, the Professor Snape, the most cold and unemotional teacher at Hogwarts, has 'taken a liking' to Woona?"

"Now really, Ginny," Luna said with a raised eyebrow as she stopped scratching Woona's ear and brought her hands down to her hips. "We live in a world of magic. We've seen and experienced things far beyond the comprehension of any muggle. Talking portraits, mythological creatures, ghosts, potions that can do many amazing things, dark lords, prophecies, and even crumple-horned snorkacks! Are you really saying that with all the acts of impossibility and magical forces all around us, it's the thought of Professor Snape having a hidden affection for a talking, baby alicorn that is too impossible to fathom?" Woona looked over at Ginny as well, humorously mimicking her Mama's raised eyebrow expression.

"YES!" Ginny exclaimed with raised arms. "That's EXACTLY what I'm saying!" There was a short pause as Luna and Woona looked at each other, Woona having to lean over the top of Luna's head to do so, with thoughtful looks. Ginny just stood there, frozen in place with her hands raised, and a slight air of exasperation circling her.

"Well, weirder things have happened, haven't they?" Luna finally said, returning to her far-off expression and light smile. "See you later." And with that, Luna continued out toward the courtyard, leaving a very confused and dumbfounded Ginny behind.

The sun was shining as a warm breeze swept across the cobblestone courtyard where Luna walked. She heard Woona sigh again, no doubt content and very much enjoying the good, autumn weather. She felt Woona's tiny wings flap slightly against the breeze, like she was about to take flight, but Luna knew that it was still too soon for Woona to fly. Still, it certainly seemed that Woona would like it if she could. An idea instantly came to Luna, making her stop; a chance for her to give Woona a taste of flight. Luna quickly draped the straps of her bags across her shoulder,reached up, and lifted Woona off of her head. Instead of lowering her though, Luna stretched her arms up higher, holding on to Woona's sides. The little alicorn squeaked, but didn't squirm. Luna looked up just in time to see Woona's surprised face slowly change to an excited smile, stretch her hooves out in front of her, and flap her wings. Luna smiled and walked forward. Instantly, Woona started to giggle again, and even shouted, "Wheeeeeeeee! Fly, Mama! Fly!"

Luna started to laugh as well as she continue to walk down the cobblestone. She stayed at a normal pace, but Luna knew that to Woona, it was like flying at top speed. People around her turned to watch as she walked past them, still holding the laughing alicorn high over her head. The cheery mood Woona was putting off must've been contagious, because for each student they past, a majority couldn't help but smile and even laugh at the adorable sight, not to mention the usual onslaught of "Awwwwwwws," from girls all around.

"Hey, Luna!"

Luna looked around until she saw the source of the call; Neville Longbottom, who was coming up the path from the Herbology Greenhouses. Luna smiled and slowly brought Woona back to earth into her usual cradling position. Woona nuzzled against Luna's chin as Luna stopped and turned to face Neville.

Hello, Neville," Luna greeted cheerfully. Neville was a Gryffindor 6th year who was known for being rather forgetful, but he and Luna did have a wonderful friendship. They had trained together in DA (Dumbledore's Army) lessons and had fought Death Eaters at the Ministry of Magic the previous year. Along with Harry, Ron, Hermione, and Ginny, Neville was part of her greatest group of friends. "Did you just have Herbology?"

"Just got done," Neville huffed, no doubt winded from the uphill climb. "I was just on my way to the Common Room to get some work d-" Neville suddenly stopped as his eyes caught sight of Woona, who had stopped nuzzling Luna and was looking up at him with a tilted head. Neville's eyes went wide. "Wow! Is this Woona?"

"It is indeed," Luna replied. She lifted Woona to meet him at eye level. "Woona, this is my good friend, Neville." Woona smiled and waved cheerfully. Neville smiled as well. "You haven't had a chance to meet her yet?"

"I had heard about her," Neville explained, "but every time I wanted to see, there had been a crowd of people around." He leaned down a bit and stroked Woona's mane. "Uh...hi, Woona. It's nice to meet you at last." Woona giggled and lifted her chin to push into Neville's hand as he ran it down her mane and reached her cheek.

"She likes you, Neville," Luna said. She then turned Woona's attention to her. "Woona, do you want Neville to hold you?"

Neville instantly stopped and stammered nervously, "O-Oh no, Luna. It's fine. Harry and the others already told me how much Woona wants to stay with you. I don't think she would-" but Neville was cut off by the sound of Woona grunting slightly. Both he and Luna looked down to see Woona stretching out to Neville. Luna's smile widened.

"I think that's a yes," she said, looking back up at Neville and holding Woona out for him. Neville hesitated at first, but then slowly wrapped his hands around Woona and pulled her out of Luna's arms and into his, as if he were cradling a baby. Unlike with Hagrid, Woona didn't start to whimper. On the contrary, she actually looked up at Neville with a smile and reached for his hand. Neville looked at Luna frantically, looking for instructions. Luna just chuckled and whispered, "Play with her."

Neville obeyed and lowered his free hand toward Woona. Woona happily took it between her hooves and started to bounce it around, still smiling all the while. Neville had relaxed a bit and smiled back. He then poked Woona's belly, resulting in a giggle from her. He did it again, and even started to tickle it. Instantly, Woona broke into a giggle fit as she squirmed in Neville's arm. Luna's smiled broadened and saw Neville start to chuckle as well. Now more comfortable and quickly catching Woona's contagious cheer, Neville held her outstretched in his hands and spun around on the spot. Woona let out another "Wheeeeee!" and Neville started to laugh himself; a laugh filled with pure happiness. The scene was too adorable for anyone to handle.

"See? You're a natural, Neville!" Luna cheered as Neville slowed from his spin, Woona still giggling in his grasp. "She seems so comfortable with you. That hasn't happened with anyone else but me. Why, it's almost as if you could be her daddy!"

"You think so?" Neville asked. He had finally skidded to a halt and instinctively pressed Woona to his chest, who leaned up against him with a big smile plastered on her face.

"I know so," Luna replied. "Oh!" Luna's eyes lit up and she clapped her hands together, as an idea popped into her head. Neville and Woona jolted to her attention. "That's it! You can be the daddy!"

Instantly, Neville's smile had fallen and his eyes went wide with sudden shock. His cheeks had also gone a slight pink. A short silence fell between the two as they just stared at each other with different expressions; Neville with surprise, and Luna with glee.

"Wait...what?" Neville asked as Woona continued to nuzzle his chest.

"I'll be Woona's mama," Luna said, her smile not faltering, "and you can be her daddy. Oh what a fun game that would be! We'll be like a family!" Neville's entire face went beet red.

"T-t-that would be...I m-mean...y-you mean we would..." Neville was starting to look around, not meeting Luna's eyes. Luna giggled again. It was quite cute. "I-I don't know. I mean, what if I don't...I...you...wouldn't that be..."

"DADDY!"

Neville looked down and saw Woona's hooves stretched around his waist in a hug and was looking up at him with loving eyes. "You're my daddy!" she repeated happily.

Even from her distance, Luna could almost feel Neville's heart melting at those words. His face broke into a small smile and, it may have been a trick of the sun, but Luna thought that she saw a tear forming in the corner of Neville's eye.

"Well that settles that!" Luna sighed dreamily. "What a wonderful game this'll be indeed." She then looked around and realized that most students were gone. "I've got to get to Care of Magical Creatures." Neville, who was in some kind of trance, snapped back and handed Woona back to Luna, who placed the little alicorn back on top of her head. "Say bye-bye to daddy, Woona."

Woona waved and said, "Bye-bye, Daddy!" Neville opened and closed his mouth, no doubt trying to find the right words, but in the end, just smiled softly and waved back.

"See you later," Luna said as she turned before playfully adding, "'dear'."

Neville's face went red again as Luna and Woona turned back and continued down the path towards Hagrid's hut. Luna started to lightly skip, a new, pepped-up and cheery feeling filling her. Though she didn't know for sure, she had a feeling that Neville was feeling the same sort of euphoria. She also could help but think that he was going to become quite popular.

After all, who else could brag that they were, make-believe or not, the daddy to a baby alicorn?