• Published 5th Sep 2016
  • 443 Views, 6 Comments

The Pigeon Pony - zalla661

  • ...
4
 6
 443

Twilight's Arrival

Life is always changing. From one day to the next to the end nothing is every truly the same. Ponies change, places change, traditions change.

Twilight was considered a master and well read on a great many topics of marriage among cultures in the world, but surprisingly her ability to read between the lines is not her specialty.

She was now rushing towards Vinyl and Octavia’s house after a rather extensive game a charades with Vinyl. Apparently, from what she gathered Octavia was in trouble and needed her help. When they arrived they found Octavia on the couch looking over her old picture album. Octavia loved having pictures taken of her time in Ponyville and with her friends.

Octavia looked up after hearing the door open and saw Vinyl leading Princess Twilight Sparkle into their home. Octavia felt her fur stand on end as the Princess entered her view. Feeling embarrassed she was caught unprepared for a royal guest, Octavia quickly scrambled up and bowed to Twilight.

“P-princess! I’m so sorry, I didn’t know you were coming!” Octavia blurted out.

Twilight didn’t bother with formalities, she was never for them as it was, and went to Octavia and sat down beside her and gently lifted her head.

“Don’t worry Octavia, I’m here to help you. Vinyl came to get me she said you were in trouble?”

Octavia pathetically shook her head.

“I-I guess I could use some help. You see,” Octavia paused and sat on her couch again taking Twilight with her while Vinyl got beverages for everypony. “I didn’t know until after I got you letter… how significant bread is to pegasi, but marriage?”

Twilight had a very odd look on her face at this. It was a look Octavia didn’t like in the least. She knew Twilight well enough to know that look she was giving her was her lecture face. It was a wide happy grin, too happy for Octavia’s tastes.

She cringed she a pair of red reading glasses magically appeared on Twilight’s face and the mare sat down beside her. Vinyl by now had returned with some drinks and sat down by the princess, as the alicorn conjured up a blank white board.

Author's Note:

Next time, headcanon for pegasus culture. I was going to add it to this chapter but I have to refine it. ALOT. So next time I promise! :twilightsmile: Plus I really want teacher twilight for some reason.