• Published 2nd Jul 2012
  • 2,958 Views, 24 Comments

Tank's Story - Symphony



A brony in Equestria turned into a well-known tortoise.

  • ...
3
 24
 2,958

I'm Gonna Need a Crowbar

A/N: Wow, I really left this hanging, didn't I..?




Okay... Now I just had to find a way to enter that competition. I have no idea how to do that, though... And all of the other animals in the competition has wings. I wish I was a winged tortoise... Heh, imagine how a tortoise with wings would look like. It’d look so stupid!


Well, seems like I fell off-topic again... However, how the hell am I supposed to be able to beat those animals? They’re like, super fast and super cool when I’m slow and boring... And-... Why is Gummy staring at me like that?


’‘Shoo.’’ I tried to make him leave. ’’Go on, get, you stupid croc-.. alligator.’’ He just blinked awkwardly with one eye at a time. I shuddered as I witnessed that. That’s creepy.


’’Oi! Don’t tell me to leave, ya wanker. You obviously need some help here, ’ol chap!’’ Gummy chirped. Wait... Did Gummy just... British... England... Yep, there goes my brain... I just stared at him slack-jawed.


’‘You’re... You can talk?’’ I asked dumbfounded. ’‘And you’re british?’’ I took a few slow steps toward him.


’’Eh, yes, I am quite sure that we’ve established that.’’ He said sarcastically. My jaw was still metaphorically scraping along on the ground.


’‘Say banana!’’ I grinned as much as I could. The baby alligator, who I now knew to be a british person sighed and rolled his eyes.


’’No.’’


’‘Please?’’


’’No.’’


’‘Pleeeease?’’


’’I said no.’’


’‘Pleeeeeaaaaaseeee, with some sugar on top?’’ I stuck out my lower lip and made it quiver. Gummy stared at my quivering lip before he sighed in defeat and slumped his shoulders.


’‘Banana.’’ I squee’d in delight as he said it. British accents are awesome! ’‘Now, listen to me. I have some advice for you.’’ I groaned. ’‘Bloody yanks...’’


’‘Fine.’’ If I could cross my arms, I would have done so right now without a doubt. ’‘But it better be good advice, because that’s something I really need right now.’’


’‘Alrighty then, lad. Here’s what you have to do. Ya got to really keep on going, even if it looks dark right now. It’ll get better eventually.’’ He sighed again. I thought about what he had told me. He was right about me being in a dark period of my life, but if a talking, british alligator says that it’s gonna get better, who am I to say no? One thing bugged the hell out of me though.


Gummy had started waddling away from me, but I called after him, making him stop and look back at me. ’‘How did you get to Equestria, anyway?’’ His face turned completely serious.


’‘Never underestimate the power that is Pinkie Pie.’’ He said ominously. I gulped and nodded. So, Pinkie Pie is a fourth-wall breaking, british gator-napping machine? I am now terrified of Pinkie Pie. Again. I sighed and walked into Fluttershy’s house. I found Fluttershy in the kitchen. She was packing her saddlebags with necessities by the look of things. I walked toward her and whimpered loud enough for her to notice me.


’’Oh, is anything wrong?’’ She asked innocently.


Well, something is technically wrong. I shrugged and then nodded.


’‘Are you feeling sick?’’ She picked me up and placed her hoof on my forehead. I shook my head. I’m not sick, just a teensy bit mentally unstable. What? You try keeping your full sanity when turning into a tortoise and being brought to a world of technicolor ponies.


’‘Are you... Constipated?’’ She looked away from me as she said that last word. I arched an eyebrow at her and facepal-facehoo... Well, I brought the end of the leg to my face with a smack, whatever the hell that piece of my body is called. I saw a picture of Fluttershy and Rainbow standing together next to eachother. I pointed my left foreleg at Rainbow and whimpered even louder than before.


’‘You want to be Rainbow’s pet? I threw my forelegs into the air dramatically while rolling my eyes. Hallelujah, she has seen the light in the end of the tunnel... ’’Um... I don’t know... Rainbow is really stubborn about this, but I’ll see what I can do.’’ Yes! Win! I started sprawling and Fluttershy put me down on the floor. I started marching to the door and Fluttershy followed me. As we walked out onto the path leading into town, she picked me up and placed me on her back. I thrusted my left foreleg toward Ponyville.

’‘Onwards to victory!’’ I shouted dramatically, but Fluttershy never noticed me speaking, as always. But she did giggle and trot a little faster. Here goes nothing...


-----


Fluttershy pushed me toward the line where the other competing animals were standing. She was going through somethings that I should do and similair stuff. ’‘Now, you just pay attention and try your best an-’’ Rainbow interrupted her.


’‘Seriously Fluttershy? The turtle?’’ She stared down at me with a disapproving glare. Tortoise, bi-atch. ’‘What did you bring that thing here for?’’ Thing? Aw hell no...


’‘Technically, he’s a tortoise.’’ She snuggled my shell and blabbered away about me always wanting to be somepony’s pet. ’’He won’t get in the way. You won’t even know he’s here.’’ I continued to have a little stare-off with Rainbow. She frowned however after a couple of seconds.


’’No.’’


’’Oh, just let him try... Fluttershy shook her head. I made the best sad puppy-dog look that I I could do. I suppose it didn’t look very convincing, though... They continued to talk, I guess I spaced out for a while back there.


However, I was brought back to reality when Rainbow pushed me, making me roll onto my shell. 'Shit, not again...' To my own great relief, I rolled back onto my legs without a hitch. I couldn't help but to feel a little smug about that, actually... Fluttershy picked me up after that, flew over Rainbow's back and pushed me to her face. She said something though. Didn't matter, didn't care. Too satisfied by being this close to Rainbow.


Rainbow darted away from me, much to my disapproval. Eventually she agreed, but she pushed her nose toward my face. Blah, blah, something... ''This isn't a game, y'know!'' She gave me a stink-eye. I was too caught up in the moment to counter it, though... She walked away from me and said something to the other animals, I didn't really get it as I was still pretty stunned. Before I could react, she fired away. And I mean, fired away. Rainbow fire was in her wake. After that, she turned around and flew past all the lined animals without issues.


She struck a sudden pose, shouted something about guts, then flew off again into the sky. She circled a cloud and made a... cloudpony? Pretty cool, actually... She landed again and posed.


''Coolness!'' So much awesome...


''Awesomeness!'' I agree, Dashie...


''Aaaand radicalness!'' Did she just..? Sunglasses... Bipedal stance... Yeah, I think I just died from all the awesome... Well, now about those games she talked about.


Would it count as cheating if I break all the other contestants' wings?

Comments ( 10 )

Intriguing.:pinkiehappy:
Awaiting further releases.:fluttershysad:
Also, British accents IS awesome.

WHOA, WHOA, WHOA.... British? Banana? What is this MASTERPIECE!?!?

M.C

No, Mr. Tortoise, but it's poor sportsmanship :trollestia:

Thank Celestia, you're continuing this.
And no, you may not break their wings. That's Pinkie's job :pinkiecrazy:

Yes, it is cheating if you break all the other contestant's wings.
...But it's not cheating if you don't get caught. Hint hint, nudge nudge.

winged tortoise

With a blue spiked shell! :pinkiegasp:

I'm really looking forward to what'll happen when Discord becomes Fluttershys' friend, if you get back into writing this. :pinkiehappy:

i'm sad that this died a cold and painful death. It will be missed:ajsleepy:

Can you do more chapters please

7223575
i havent written anything in a year and a half and not planning to

Login or register to comment