• Published 30th Dec 2016
  • 572 Views, 12 Comments

'Til Death Does Us Part - Styxxie



After a horrific incident in the local undertaker's establishment, Styxx Rivers goes to her bosses, the princesses, for somewhere to live for a while. But as she is staying in the Canterlot Palace, she begins to fall for a certain lunar princess.

  • ...
3
 12
 572

8: Turned On You

Author's Note:

Hello.

I know, it has been a very long time since I last updated, and I apologize greatly. Things have gotten better, but I am back in school. Hopefully, however, because things are getting better, updates may be more frequent. I hope this chapter was well worth the wait.
Also, I am planning to create a new cover for this story. Just thought I should add that.

Much love and appreciation,
Styxx

Styxx returned to the palace, a bit surprised when Celestia approached her. "Styxx, you're back." she said. She raised an eyebrow at the princess, having never really seemed to mind when Styxx came and went, so this was new.

"Yes..." she said slowly. "is everything alright?" she asked. The regal princess nodded.

"If I may, I would like a word with you." said she, eerily calm. Styxx was a little alarmed, but simply nodded in response. "Styxx, correct me if I am wrong, but your family is a mixture of cadavers, undertakers, and reapers, yes?"

Styxx had to think for a moment before replying. Her grandfather was a cadaver, but her father was indeed a reaper. "On my father's side, yes." she answered. "My mother's is more...holier, if you will."

Celestia nodded once again. "You are a very gifted pony, you know. Not many other unicorns are capable of handling life itself."

"You mistake me for a reaper, princess. For I am merely an undertaker." Styxx told her. "I posses no other skill. I have only truly practiced undertaking and cadaving. Not taking a pony's soul."

"I see. But are you open to it?" Celestia asked. Styxx's eyes widened. What was the princess asking of her?

"...Please elaborate, your highness..."

"Styxx, you are born with that kind of talent in your veins. Clearly it is a genetic. I am desperate to catch this serial killer, if that isn't already obvious. I need you to channel your inner reaper..." she hesitated, thinking about Luna's threat to her just moments ago. She knew Luna was not bluffing, but she would not admit it to herself. "...I need you to find them and kill them. You would be saving so many innocent lives!"

The grey unicorn was at a loss for words. Her mouth was agape, as she tried to fathom what the princess has just told her. "B-Become a reaper!? And actively kill a pony!?" she exclaimed.

"Please, Styxx! I will train you, or at least attempt to. You won't have to worry." Celestia told her. Before Styxx could reply, Luna stormed in.

"Still thy tongue, sister!" Luna screamed, her Royal Canterlot voice extremely prominent. Celestia was startled, and she turned to face her sister, who galloped over to them. "Styxx, do not fall for her tricks!"

"Princess?" Styxx said, her brow furrowed at the two.

"Luna!" Celestia began. "Do not intervene, little sister. Or I shall be forced to have the guards escort you out."

"Let them then!" her sister screamed at her. "You are asking her to do an extremely dangerous job and one that she probably is not even meant to perform!"

"Luna, please-" Celestia tried to make her sister stop, but she kept going.

"I refuse!" her royal voice again extreme. "Styxx, come with me please." she asked, her voice now calmer but had some tension. "We are leaving."

"Princess...?" Styxx said again, now truly unsure of what to say. Luna just looked at her, a pleading glint in her angry eyes. The unicorn then compiled to her princess, and she trotted with her to the exit, Celestia's angry calls for them to stop and return just drowned out by the flurrying thoughts in Styxx's mind. Luna ignored her sister as well, as they made their way to the train station.


Never once has Styxx ever witnessed the sisters actively argue until then. The train ride was mostly silent, worried glances to the princess only returned with ones that seethed with rage directed to what had just happened. Once the train stopped in Ponyville, Luna looked to Styxx. "We need to speak to Twilight." she stated.

"I just came back from her place!" Styxx said.

"She won't mind."

With reluctance, Styxx again compiled and they proceeded to the library. Spike answered the door when Luna knocked, and was genuinely surprised to see them. He called for Twilight, who soon showed up to the door, and let them in. "Is everything alright, you two?"

"My sister is attempting to get Styxx to try and become a reaper." Luna said. Twilight was shocked to say the least.

"Celestia!? Why!?" Twilight exclaimed.

"To catch the killer." Styxx answered. "She wants me to 'channel my inner reaper' and take care of the problem. I know it would do good but that isn't exactly the most effective way, I don't believe. We should handle it legally instead of otherworldly, yes?"

"You aren't wrong, Styxx." Twilight said.

"I refuse to allow her to throw you in the face of danger like that." Luna stated firmly. "Styxx, I care too much about your well-being and safety for you to do that."

"I am well aware princess, and I thank you." she said, bowing her head for a moment. When she looked back up, the princess smiled warmly. Twilight sighed.

"I looked through the books a bit more further, Styxx. If you want, we can skim through them and find something that may solve your personal issue?"

Styxx turned her attention to her friend, and she smiled. "Alright."


Celestia paced the throne room, seething. "Why won't she let me take care of it the way I believe is best!?" she yelled, mostly asking herself. She had no idea who else she would be asking, truthfully. "Fucking hell..." she spat, and shook her head as she turned to the hallway, which carried through the palace, branching off to other wings. She called for her guards.

When five guards approached her, she looked to them with pure seriousness and rage. "I want you five to search Equestria for two things: Styxx Rivers and the serial killer. Find the reaper first." she demanded. "Once I have the reaper, you five will stay whilst I keep her for training. Once she is ready, I will send all of you to find the killer and eradicate them."

The guards exchanged worried glances, before nodding in respect and agreement. "Go then!" Celestia commanded, and they were off. She grumbled to herself, planning her training for Styxx in her mind. She was not a born reaper, but she would reteach her. Her magic was made for the netherworldly practices, and she imagined it would not be easy. Not to mention convincing her would be tough...

Then it would come down on what to do with Luna. Sending her back to the moon was a bit too much, but if need be, she would either seal her in her chambers or keep her in the dungeon. She knew if Luna was angry enough to leave the palace, she would be absolutely killer-crazy against her if she took Styxx forcibly.

...Then the princess began to rethink herself. Was she really going to force her way with a pony? She felt like she had to. It was the only way she was going to catch the killer...was it not? She quickly pushed away these second-guessing thoughts. What is needed cannot be undone. She knew Styxx was the only way through this. To save her subjects.