• Published 10th Sep 2016
  • 914 Views, 39 Comments

The Rise of Metal - PanzerBrony Metallicom



Sometimes something comes up that changes your entire life. Same goes for Alex after he found himself in a different world. However not everything changed: he still has his love for music and Heavy Metal.

  • ...
11
 39
 914

Chapter 6 - Recovery

Two awful weeks. That’s the time I needed to get myself back in such a state, that I could at least leave the General Hospital in Canterlot. I wasn’t back to 100%, no. My new body was still pretty weak and I had hard problems walking properly in the beginning. To describe my new appearance, of an earth pony, one word would be enough: black. Black as charcoal or most clothing in the Heavy Metal scene back on earth. Black body, black messed up mane with white spikes, black legs, with white fetlocks and a short, spiked black tail with white stripes in it. I was pretty amused by the fact that my eyes weren’t also black or white … well in a part they are. When you mix black and white together you get grey. They could also be silver my mind stated. I don’t know; I never was a person (pony now) for colors or arts.

All problems considered; with the help of Princess Celestia’s personal staff, it was going uphill for me again. I was in a new world, not judged by my appearance or my behavior. I was so glad for this; I could start back at zero and maybe achieve things here, I never dreamed of reaching back home. At least that was what I thought. Fate just rubbed its hands together with an evil grin on its face.

After I was released from the hospital, I was basically homeless. But the Princess of the Sun herself stated that I was staying at the royal castle, so she and her medical stuff could still watch over me, just in case something was happening again. I was pretty scared at first to stay directly at the palace where the royalty of Equestria resided. But Celestia with her motherly character and voice talked my fears away with ease.

--- Later this day, somewhere inside of the Canterlot Castle ---

It was late in the afternoon when I looked out of the window, back in my room in the very own royal castle. The sky was blue and was filled with light clouds as the sun was beginning to descend towards the horizon. I never thought that I would stay here, when I first arrived in this world. But until now, everything had turned out well for me. I turned my gaze back towards my room. While it was made out of the purest white marble, the rest of the room didn’t follow that color scheme entirely. It had blue curtains for the windows; on the floor a red carpet was laid out and while other royals may preferred a bed also made out of fine stone, I told Celestia, that back home I slept on beds with a wooden pattern. And now a king sized wooden bed, with a soft mattress, was my portal into the dreamscape.

*Knock* *Knock* *Knock* I wonder who that could be.

“Come in!” I called out. The door to my room opened and a mare in a maid outfit walked in.

“I’m sorry to disturb, but I’m here to inform you that there will be no dinner with the princesses today. Princess Celestia is still busy with her day court and Princess Luna is off to a diplomatic mission. You still can have dinner in the dine hall or go out and eat in one of the many restaurants Canterlot has to offer. I wish you a good day.” With that the maid bowed, turned and walked out of my room.

"Well if the princesses are not available, I guess my best option would be to go out and find a nice place to eat," I said to myself.
I looked back at my closet. It had not much clothing in it, because in most cases the fur of a pony is enough to keep you warm. But that was not my point of interest; it was the body mirror that stood right next to my closet. I walked in front of it, gave myself a quick look over before I grabbed my pocket with a good amount of bits in it and headed out of the castle towards the city. I haven’t seen much of Canterlot expect from the hospital, so I was pretty eager to find out, what the city held for me.

Author's Note:

Well, here it goes.
New updates! :yay:

If you have any ideas, opinions and/or constructive critisism please leave a comment below.
Thanks!

Musical inspiration: