• Published 10th Sep 2016
  • 914 Views, 39 Comments

The Rise of Metal - PanzerBrony Metallicom



Sometimes something comes up that changes your entire life. Same goes for Alex after he found himself in a different world. However not everything changed: he still has his love for music and Heavy Metal.

  • ...
11
 39
 914

Chapter 3 - Who am I?

Inside of the black void of nothingness, a very small and faint noise reached my ears; it sounded like a very distant ‘Beep’. I wondered if I’m dead now and in hell. I couldn’t be in heaven; otherwise it would have been bright and more … more ‘living’. Here it’s just dark, cold and lonely. The beep noise reached my ears again, this time a bit louder and nearer then in the beginning. Am I still alive? was a thought that entered my mind. If so, where am I and why I am currently here? And why should be still alive? I just can remember that I jumped from the pier into the water.

The rest is just clouded and full of pain. ‘Beep’; again that tone and this time pretty close. I just shrugged it off and went to turn around to go my way into the darkness again. Suddenly a white light appeared not far from me with the beeping coming straight out from it. I found myself pretty confused and just stood there, dumb folded, between light and darkness. Before I could do anything, I was pulled towards the light by an invisible force and I wanted to scream right then and there, but had no air in my lungs to do so. The world swirled away one more time.

My senses returned very slowly towards me. I could make out a constant beeping tone from right next to me, but my ears were still filled with a slight ringing, every time the ‘Beep’ reached my ears. With every second that passed my body feeling also returned to me. My body was still pretty numb, but something was very off; it didn’t feel like the body I was used to be in. “Maybe it’s because you nearly broke yourself in half!” my brain snapped at me. I just stopped myself there; it was currently just too much; too much questions, too many wonderings and too much pain. Maybe some more sleep will help. And with this I felt myself drifting away into the void of dreams.

I don’t know how long I slept, when my body senses and feelings returned to me painfully slow. ‘Beep’ … and of course this bloody noise is also there, AGAIN. I was still questioning myself, if I am alive and where I am. I guess there is only one way to find out if I am still with the living I thought. I tried to open my eyes and failed horribly; it was like they were glued together. I tried it again, this time with more effort, but still failed. I grunted and put much more effort and force into this attempt. I ignored that my body was practical screaming at me, because of all the pain that was still there. I guess if I can feel pain, I am very much alive. So maybe I’m just half dead?

I finally managed to open my eyes, but it was a slow and painful process. The first thing I recognized was that everything around me was white. Yay! I am in heaven! my mind screamed cheerfully; I wondered myself if that was currently the case. A constant ‘Beep’ noise reached my ears yet again and changed my attention to my left side. I turned my head very slowly because everything felt wrong and stiff. A heart monitor stood there on the left side of my … bed? I looked down and noticed I was indeed lying there on a bed, inside in a white room, with white beds, curtains, white windows and other stuff; it seems to be I am in a hospital at least. The noise of a door opening derailed my train of thought. “At least you’re awake!” a nice and soft feminine voice said. I turned my head slowly into the direction the voice came from; what I saw there made my jaw crush onto the floor.

Author's Note:

I switched from 3rd person into 1st person. Was easier to write. :scootangel:
I hope that doesn't cause any problems.

Musical inspitation: