• Published 2nd Sep 2016
  • 3,543 Views, 53 Comments

Starlight and Aurora - twilightsparkle3562



Starlight Glimmer is reunited with her mother after ten years. However, Twilight and Trixie must joing forces and find a way to repair the bad blood between them.

  • ...
6
 53
 3,543

Chapter 12: A Long Road Ahead

Author's Note:

  Chapter 12
“A Long Road Ahead”

Starlight could not believe what had just been shown to her. Her mother had shown Starlight the horrors that her father had brought on their family. There was no doubt in either mother or daughter’s mind that Starlight’s father was the one that at least started the chain of events, that had caused them both to be where they are now. Still, there was a question that plagued both mother and daughter, and that was whether or not they could repair their relationship.

“Your mother is begging you for a chance, Starlight,” Sweetheart spoke up. “I think that if I were you, I’d consider this opportunity now. Give it an honest chance”

Starlight knew that there was nowhere left to hide now. She had to face the fact that her mother was not going to stop until her daughter accepted her into her life again. Everything that come up to this point was all in the rear view mirror. But, was it truly possible to just pretend all those old wounds no longer existed?

“Mother, I…” Starlight began, trying to think of what to say. “I understand that what Dad did was wrong, but I can’t simply say that I forgive you right away. I need time, you need time, for us to repair our relationship. Sunburst and I have long since reconciled, but I still have a lot to learn. Perhaps, in time, we can reconnect.”

“You mean it?” Aurora cried, now showing tears of happiness in her eyes. “You’re willing to give me another chance, Starlight?”

“Yes,” replied Starlight, who also had tears forming in her eyes. “I know now that I need to give you a second chance, just I was given a second chance by Princess Twilight.”

Overcome with emotion, the two mares came close to each other and embraced each other tightly. Aurora was ecstatic to know that Starlight was finally going to give her another chance. Still, there was the matter of how the healing process would go and that was where Sweetheart came into the picture.

“It will be for the best in the end,” Sweetheart sighed as Starlight and Aurora broke apart. “The both of you are making the first real step towards reconciliation. What I would recommend is maybe doing some activities together like a mother and daughter should. Furthermore, I think we should perhaps meet regularly to catch up on the process and what needs to be made. The healing process takes time, and you may find some wounds will never truly go away.”

“There’s one thing that bothers me about what you just said,” Starlight frowned. “Isn’t this going to affect my touring with Trixie?”

“I don’t think it will,” Aurora said, placing a hoof around Starlight’s neck. “Even so, you need to focus on your health and peace of mind before doing any of that touring. It will be good for both of us Starlight, and for Trixie. You wait and see.”

“Well, in that case,” said Sweetheart as she concluded the meeting. “I will see you both again back here next week and I would recommend maybe slowing down the touring for a while, Starlight. This is much more important right now. I know how close you and Trixie are, but you saw what happened when you tried to assist her performance, with all of this on your mind.”


Starlight and Aurora left Sweetheart’s office, neither pony saying anything other than that the meeting had gone well.

Upon returning to the castle, Starlight walked up to one of the guestrooms where Trixie was still recovering from her injuries.

“Hi, Trixie,” Starlight spoke up as she walked into the guestroom. “I hope I wasn’t disturbing you in any way.”

“No,” Trixie groaned, feeling a sharp pain in her right shoulder as she tried to get herself comfortable in her guest bed. “The Great and Powerful Trixie would be more than willing to offer support to her great and powerful assistant. I know that I may need to cancel a few tours because of my injuries. Doesn’t look like I’ll be able to do much besides the usual parlor tricks anytime soon.”

“About that,” Starlight sighed, she was taking a big risk. She didn’t know how Trixie was going to react to not being able to tour with her best friend. But she knew she had to tell Trixie the news, least she get the wrong idea if Starlight was a no-show for a performance. “I was at the therapist’s in Canterlot, and she recommended that I focus on my restoring the relationship with my mother, Trixie. She also recommended I take a break from assisting you, so I can focus on the therapy sessions.” Starlight was half-expecting for Trixie to flip out on this decision, but to her shock and amazement, she didn’t!

“Take all the time you need, Starlight,” Trixie replied, trying to stay upbeat despite her injuries. “The Great and Powerful Trixie will need time to regroup from her wounds as well as time to come up with some new tricks to delight the ponies of Equestria. How much time do you need?”

“To be honest,” Starlight nervously said as she sat next to Trixie. “I’m not sure how long I will be down this path, Trixie. It may take weeks or even months, for that matter. My mother and I were apart for ten years because we both made mistakes that harmed each other. Sweetheart said it would be a long process, and some wounds may never fully heal.”

Trixie rolled her head back, much to Starlight’s dismay, thinking that maybe perhaps asking her for an extended period of time off of the stage was too much to ask.

“Look Trixie,” Starlight cried. “I know I said that I need time, but that doesn’t mean I can’t still be your assistant-”

“-It’s all right, Starlight,” Trixie interrupted. “The Great and Powerful Trixie can always find a temporary assistant. Perhaps those two dolts who always follow me around, could provide some assistance.”

“Who are you talking about?” Starlight asked..

“Snips and Snails,” Trixie answered. “The two ponies who look up to me like I’m an alicorn princess, but I’ve long since learned to remain humble to whoever looks up to me. But Starlight,” Trixie added. “I’ve never been in the situation you are iin now and I know very well what it’s like to grow up without a parent. The closet thing I had to a mother were those caretakers in the orphange, especially that one mare who escorted me to my first day of magic school. But since you are going to be taking an extended period of absence from performing, I would like to help you and your mother as well. If The Great and Powerful Trixie can achieve redemption, then so can her Great and Powerful Assistant, Starlight.”

Delighted to hear this news, Starlight carefully bent down towards Trixie and the two friends locked themselves into an embrace. It was certainly going to be a long and difficult healing process for everypony, but it was a challenge that needed to be faced.

Comments ( 5 )

So, if this isn't complete what is there left to do?

7607265 I am thinking of doing a follow up over the next couple of months. This is the first in a short series of stories concerning Starlight and Aurora.

7607286 I'll keep an eye out for that.

Read this today. It was pretty great.

Pretty great.

Fun fact did you know starlight's first name was supposed to be Aurora but was changed to starlight due to Disney having rights to Aurora.

Login or register to comment