• Published 2nd Sep 2016
  • 672 Views, 17 Comments

A Soldier's Orders - Animatorsnake



The date is November 13 on the Equestrian calendar... it has been four full months since... "his" death. I am now princess of friendship... yet I feel so alone... I just wished maybe, just maybe... I had the chance to see him one last time.

  • ...
 17
 672

Tourist Arc: Ch.9 - Good Morning, Bad Day

Author's Note:

The third arc of ASO, Tourist. Dark is after all a tourist in Manehattan, so might as well call this arc that.

Nov. 15, Entry 1

Since my escape from Canterlot, I had befriended the princess of friendship, Twilight Sparkle, and a wandering street-entertainer by the name of Trixie. We had been running from the authorities, particularly the royal guard, and the princesses, Celestia and Luna. We’d had help from Twilight’s friends for the two of us to escape, where we eventually met Trixie. We had then headed to a town called Dodge City or also known as Dodge Junction. After some… problems occurred on the train, we finally arrived at Manehattan, however the girls were asleep so I had no choice but searched for somewhere for us to stay. It was easier for the two to sleep with the help of Trixie’s wagon, which was spacious enough for those two to sleep inside, I on the other hand had to stay outside to guard… well that and I couldn’t fit. I’m considering writing these journal entries as a log of some sort on my stay in this realm, from what Twilight had told me, I arrived on November 13. It is currently been two days since the 13 as it is now the 15 now… I am unsure how long I may be in this realm… weeks… months maybe? The last I have seen my men was that incident with those Verxilian robots back on Caliseus. I’m getting offtrack… as I’m recording this entry, my companions should awaken… the morning was nice and warm… but I doubt the rest of the day would have been the same.

Manehattan, a random park, 7:00am

Waking up, the first thing Twilight saw was Trixie. She was sleeping beside her… close actually, too close. Twilight tried standing on all fours, but only ended up hitting her head on the roof of which seemed to be Trixie’s wagon. Making a big thump, it was loud enough to wake up Trixie… who was very displeased with the sudden noise. “Five more minutes… Trixie’s not ready for the show...” said Trixie, grumbling.

Twilight who had no time to deal with Trixie being herself, woke the sleeping unicorn up, in a rude fashion. She began shaking Trixie that it caused her to go to a defensive maneuver. Quickly getting on all fours, but surprisingly not hitting the ceiling, Trixie turns to face Twilight… but quickly realizes who woke her. “Oh… it’s you…” said Trixie, with an annoyed tone. “What are you doing in Trixie’s wagon?”

“Better yet, what are we doing in your wagon? Weren’t we just inside the train some while ago?” said Twilight, pointing out her surroundings. Before Trixie could muster an answer, she was rudely interrupted by whistling. The whistling was coming from outside, and when the two finally went out the wagon, they spotted Dark who was cooking or in this case boiling something in a pot.

“Ah, your awake. You two really slept heavily, I wasn’t able to wake you up at all back on the train,” said Dark, handing Twilight a bowl. “Soup?”

Twilight looked at the bowl and saw a greenish liquid… it was surprising that Dark found something to cook, nevertheless to be able to cook anything. The two mares looked around their surroundings, realizing that they were not inside the train anymore… but in a park in Manehattan. Nopony was at the park nor at the nearby streets surrounding the park, some ponies would walk by but it wasn’t rush hour yet for swarms of ponies going from point A to point B. “Just to be clear here… you carried me and Trixie… and the wagon… into this park, and let us sleep inside while you… slept outside?” said Twilight, trying to understand what had happened last night.

“Well actually I stayed awake the whole night… I actually been awake more than twenty-four hours to be honest. Not to mention my lacking of eating anything to boot,” said Dark, in a factual matter. “Now I think about it… I haven’t eaten for a loooooooong while.”

Twilight was a bit surprised by this, but considering Dark is from another world, his biology may be different from a pony’s. Before she could continue to speak, her stomach spoke for her. A large growling noise came from the young alicorn, which caused her to blush and smile. “Maybe it’s best I eat something. Say, just what is that you were cooking anyway?” asked Twilight.

“Well I looked around the area and found some vegetation that could be edible for your kind. I made a vegetarian soup. Enjoy the meal,” said Dark.

Twilight continued to stare at the soup, feeling a tad doubtful on Dark’s cooking and scavenging skills. Trixie however, grabbed the bowl and eating it, not thinking of the possible problems that may come… though Trixie is traveling on the daily it made sense for her to eat any chance she gets. Taking a spoonful of the green liquid, Trixie is happy with the taste, though the creativity making it was lacking. “Huh, this ain’t so bad after all,” said Trixie, taking another spoonful.

“I am a soldier, I do need to know about surviving in an unknown and possibly hostile world,” said Dark. “It’s not like they train us to punch, and swing swords at our problems.” A light chuckle came out of Dark, happy with his own joke.

Rolling her eyes from the silly joke, Twilight was still confused on Dark’s methods of finding food for the group. “But your in one of Equestria’s prosperous cities, ever… How can this be considered a hostile world?” asked Twilight.

“Any world is hostile… especially to someone like me. Don’t forget we’re currently running from the law, and any second somebody will spot us and the next second we could be in a cell… or worse,” said Dark.

Deciding not to continue arguing with Dark, Twilight eats her breakfast, happy to know she won’t need to find food for survival, especially if a being like Dark is with her. Speaking of Dark, it was boggling that Dark had stayed awake at least 48 hours or more, and had not eaten anything since his arrival. Whether it was his kind could survive without the average number of meals a day and number of hours required without hallucinating from lack of sleep... or that he was, ‘unique’ in proper terms. Still it was worrying for Twilight, and sooner or later Dark needed his rest, so while Dark had anytime to rest, Twilight and Trixie would do a list of things they need. This list included, supplies, food, information, and a place to stay.

Finishing breakfast, Trixie said her thanks, and went to clean the dishes. “Trixie will go and clean the dishes, get ready to leave when Trixie comes back,” said Trixie, levitating two bowls beside her.

Whilst Trixie headed to the park’s stream, Dark and Twilight quietly sat opposite from each other. It has been thirty or so minutes and for being one of the busiest cities in Equestria… it was awkwardly silent. Without anything to talk about… it made the usually chipper young alicorn… somewhat glum. After having done, in her own eyes, betrayed Celestia, Luna, Cadance, and her own brother, and allowing the escape of a mysterious and possibly dangerous being… Twilight couldn’t feel anymore guilty. Though having done all this… it’s moments like this… when your greeted with the strangest, of new friends. “Say… you mentioned you came to this city before… What exactly had you and your friends come to do here?” asked Dark, remembering what Twilight had said back on the train.

Twilight smiled, happy that one of the two had some idea on good conversation material. Sighing, Twilight inhales deeply and begins her fond memories of coming to Manehattan her first time with her friends. “Well… it all started with my friend Rarity, when we came here for a certain… ‘fashion event’...” said Twilight.

After several moments of storytelling later.

“And so after Rarity was given the trophy for winning the fashion contest, Coco Pommel given Rarity a gift, a rainbow cloth spool. It would later be one of the six keys to defeat Tirek… not only had we gained a new friend… but one of the keys to saving Equestria… and more,” said Twilight, gazing at the sky. “I do wonder how Coco is doing… I haven’t seen her for awhile?”

Dark was interested that a being that could absorb the magic or energy of other beings… only to be defeated by Twilight and her friends through six objects of importance from six separate ponies. “An interesting story to say the least, thank you for telling me it,” said Dark. “Do you think it’s possible we could ask for the assistance of this, Coco pony by any chance?”

Twilight had never thought of this… she isn’t particularly close to Coco, but maybe she might help her and Dark with… well… their situation. However, Manehattan was a large city, and finding Coco may prove problematic… that and Twilight had no knowledge to where she stays at. Returning with clean dishes, Trixie put away everything into her wagon, readying to leave the park.

“Now everything is settle, let us head off. Trixie has a long list of things that need to be done,” said Trixie.

Following behind, Dark, Twilight, and Trixie made their way through the streets of Manehattan. As rush hour was nearing, more and more ponies began to pool into the streets, as swarms of ponies began flooding from all directions. Since of the outrageous amounts of ponies, it hid Twilight and her friends well enough… though they had some glances toward them… but not at Twilight, but Dark himself. It would make sense for some ponies to stare at them with Dark being… mysterious, but many assumed he was some minotaur in some strange garb, continuing with their own business.

The trio had made it to a wide area with streets going from every possible direction. Twilight remembers coming her on her first visit to Manehattan, it brought a smile to the alicorn princess. Turning to face Dark and Twilight, Trixie revealed today’s plans to the rest of her group. “Trixie needs to… handle… something, that’s really important. Return here before dark, for now… I suppose you may do what you need to. And do not worry, Trixie knows a hotel we can stay for the night. For now… enjoy yourselves,” said Trixie, leaving with her wagon, only to turn back and face the two. “This is Manehattan after all… there are some sights to behold.”

Trixie left, disappearing into the crowd for Twilight any say. With a hoof outstretched, Twilight lowered her hoof, grumbling to herself. “What could she possibly needs to do that doesn’t require us?” said Twilight.

“Probably she went off to do her show… after all, she does travel alone most times. Now…” said Dark, rubbing his hands together. “I have never been to a city, especially one this big before, and since you’ve been here before… you mind showing me around?” Dark was eager to see the sights of this strange city, his thirst for knowledge and anything new was intense… it was scary, especially for a soldier trained to fight against robots and abominations of mass destruction.

Twilight, whom was also equally eager to begin exploring Manehattan once more… felt a strange chill down her body. For some reason it felt as though somepony was looking at her, turning to see she only saw more ponies trotting by, minding their own business. Deciding it was the wind, she continued with her list of possible locations to visit. “That was weird… now where was I?” thought Twilight.

“Well come on Dark, let’s head to this restaurant I heard of. My friends and I never gotten the chance of going there, so I thought we would get the chance of going now. How about it, what to go?” asked Twilight.

Dark nodded and with a simple, “Sure, why not” they headed off. Somewhere in a dark alley across where Twilight and Dark stood… and figure shifts, revealing to be the omnipotent being, known as, “The Spirit of Chaos”. Discord had been following Twilight’s group since they entered the train back on Dodge Junction. The only reason he had not intervened was because, he was curious of this Dark figure. From what Celestia had described to him, he was bipedal like a minotaur but instead of standing up in an angle like minotaurs would, Dark stood straight, not only that but he wore a near pitch black armor that both looked sturdy and well equipped. Nothing else is known about the creature, other than it has these strange gadgets for various situations, particularly this one situation where Dark himself was able to fly, and fast enough to out-fly the Wonderbolts. Now since Discord is a dear friend to Twilight, and before he took this mission, he promised Fluttershy that he wouldn’t do no harm to Twilight… he kept that promise. “However… she never said anything about that creature though,” said Discord, chuckling maliciously. In a sudden puff, Discord vanished into the darkness, with a strange grayish crow flying above the duo.

Whilst Twilight led Dark to this restaurant, a bright sign above saying the title of said restaurant. “Behold Dark, ‘Diner Le Crystal’. The ponies who set up this diner are said to be ponies who escaped the rule of King Sombra, many years ago. Afterwords they’re children and their childrens’ children have been living in Manehattan ever since. This diner is to remember those ponies legacy and of their kind. My friends and I wanted to come here… but we couldn’t though sadly, come on, let’s go in,” said Twilight, stepping through the double doors.

Once entering, Twilight was greeted with a voice that was happy for her own arrival, unaware who she was addressing. “Hello, welcome to ‘Diner Le Crystal’, also known as ‘The Crystal Diner’. How may I help...” said the mare, suddenly stopping mid-sentence. The mare stared wide-eyed, her pupils turning to the size of dinner plates. The mare was staring at Twilight, and she recognized royalty from her wings and horn. “you.”

“Uhm… hello,” said Twilight, a nervous smile creeping her face.

Suddenly, after two seconds of quiet silence, the mare began to squeal in delight. This caught the attention of all the workers in the diner, who actually had just opened only a few moments ago. Dark who just keep standing there dumbfounded answered Twilight’s own thoughts. “What?” said Dark.

“IT’S PRINCESS TWILIGHT!” screamed the mare, her hooves on her face. The second the mare mentioned the name of royalty, every single pony in the diner came immediately to the front entrance.

“REALLY!?”

“WHERE!?”

“I WANT TO SEE!”

Everypony began swarming Twilight, less focused on Dark and more on Twilight herself. Having breaking out of shock, Twilight tried to escape but was blocked from all directions. Now surrounded by ponies, Twilight thought she would be trapped… if a long outstretching hand weren’t there for her. Grabbing Twilight by the back hairs of her neck, Dark surprising lifting her up, without making the alicorn wince from the sudden tug of her fur. Now placed on the back of Dark, Twilight felt embarrassed that she was in such a pose… that it gave everypony in view two separate reactions, one of awe… and annoyance.

“Hey! What do you think your doing!?” said one pony, wearing a waiter outfit.

“That’s the princess your grabbing with your grubby hands. How dare you treat royalty like that!” shouted another pony, wearing a chef hat.

All the ponies began to bicker that Dark thought he would have a pan or something, hit him right in the noggin… luckily that didn’t happen. Now it was hard to tell Dark’s emotions since nopony could see his face… but Twilight could feel, that Dark wasn’t pleased at the slightest. “And you decide to swarm her without of the thought of how she feels at the slightest! Calling the kettle black, you ponies are just...” said Dark. Dark pointed one finger amongst the group of ponies, while the other keeping Twilight on his back.

Twilight, who felt slight embarrassed how Dark had saved her by putting her on his back… nudged Dark by the helmet. Dark looked at Twilight with an inquisitive look that could be simplified with two words. “Yes Twilight?” said Dark, politely.

“Not to be rude for helping me back there but… you mind that I stand on my own hooves, please,” said Twilight.

It took Dark a few seconds until realizing how uncomfortable a pose this was for Twilight. Lifting her off with one hand, Dark places her behind him, keeping one hand toward the crowd of ponies, and patting Twilight on the head with the other. “Sorry, just trying to be of some use,” said Dark.

“You’ve been enough use for a while...” said Twilight, in a whisper.

“Excuse me?” asked Dark, not hearing Twilight. “You said something?”

“Nothing… nothing,” said Twilight, swaying her hoof at Dark.

As the alicorn kept to herself, Dark returned his focus back to the crowd… who were equally baffled from the close interaction that Princess Twilight had with… whatever Dark is. “Uhhhh… excuse me but… just, what… are you?” asked one of the ponies, finally wondering about Dark.

“Me… I… I...” said Dark. Slowing pointing his finger back to the ground, Dark slowly inched toward Twilight, whispering in her ear. “Pssshhhhh, Twilight… What do I tell these ponies? I can’t say I’m the runaway said in the news, now can I.”

Twilight caught up to Dark’s predicament, and decided to take action onto her own hooves. “Let me handle this,” said Twilight. Moving toward the group of ponies, she caught the attention of everypony, whilst showing signs of royalty. “This tall figure her… is my personal bodyguard.”

Dark, who nopony could see… was shocked, and he wasn’t alone. The ponies too were shocked to hear that this strange… ‘thing’ was the royal personal bodyguard of Princess Twilight Sparkle… it arisen a wave of questions and more. “REALLY!?” shouted everypony present.

Twilight nodded, though she wasn’t lying… Dark had been protecting Twilight so far, and he did act as a guardian of sorts, though his methods are… interesting. Deep in Dark’s own psyche… thoughts arose of the situation he gotten himself into. “Out of all the royal figures I get stuck with… I get stuck with the one who just became a princess yesterday… figuratively,” thought Dark, mentally face-palming himself. “Why do I always get stuck with the troublesome ones?”

After asking himself his own question, everypony began looking at him… wondering themselves if this is true. Noticing all the eyes on him, Dark simply nodded… though this being half-true. What happened next was Twilight and Dark being carried, and placed on a V.I.P area of the restaurant. They were in a sort of small room, that could be covered with curtains. The tables and seats, had a sort of classic ancient style to it, similar to how the furniture looks from the Crystal Empire but with some Manehattan flair with it. Shaking from the sudden motion of being carried by a crowd of ponies, one pony stood in front of the pair, with a notepad levitated by the pony’s own magic.

The pony was a stallion wearing a waiter outfit, with a black bow-tie, he happily smiled at Twilight and her foremost mentioned guard. “We are honored your highness for you to come to our fine establishment. Even though it is still the breakfast hour, we would gladly prepare whatever dish we have to our list. My name is Swift Dish, at your service,” said Swift, bowing. “What may you like first?”

“Uhm… just the breakfast meals,” said Twilight, looking through the list of food. The list held a long arrangement of different dishes, some known in Manehattan, while others are famous in the Crystal Empire. Deciding to pick a meal for himself, Dark picks up the list himself. Reading every name of every dish, one particular ish gets Dark’s attention.

“Excuse me but… one is this, ‘Gem Salad?” asked Dark, placing his finger on the dish’s name.

The waiter pony known as Swift, stared at what Dark was pointing at. Nodding to Dark’s question, Swift begins explaining about the strange dish. “Oh that, well since Manehattan has an area where dragons lived, some of our customers are dragons you see. So some dishes are fit for dragons, while also safely accepted by Manehattan’s citizens as… ‘safe’. The dish comprises of gems of various size, shape, and type. There are also specialized vegetables and fruits that dragons like that we added to this dish. Do you want this sort of dish?” asked Swift.

Dark puts down the list slowly, and begins to think carefully. After finished with his thoughts, Dark decides to eat this crystalline dish… but with a few slight changes. “Yes indeed, however… instead of there being fruits and vegetables, I’ll simply have gems. By the way, do you have any gems that emit any energy of any kind… particularly electricity?” asked Dark.

Swift tilts his head in confusion from Dark’s question but, shakes away that thought and does what Dark asks for. Turning to face Twilight, Swift asks her what she would like for breakfast. “And what would you like, my majesty,” said Swift, putting his focus toward Twilight.

“I’ll just have a daisy sandwich, and some apple juice… with ice, please,” said Twilight.

Once done giving what meals they want, Swift levitates the two lists and heads toward the kitchen. After Swift left, another pony came through the kitchen doors, with a cart. The pony was an earth pony mare, wearing a maid outfit. The mare brings the cart toward Dark and Twilight, stopping right behind the cart. “Would you like some tea, princess?” asked the mare. “As well as you too, would like some?”

“Of course. Dark?” said Twilight.

Dark sits there staring at the tea, and with a quick movement with his hand, Dark doesn’t accept the offer. “I’m fine… tea isn’t… my cup of tea,” said Dark. Even though nopony can see Dark’s expression, Twilight can almost hear Dark smirk and chuckle a little from his attempt at a pun… it reminded Twilight a lot of an old friend of hers. The mare giggles from Dark’s joke, and nods to his response, giving a cup of tea to Twilight, and returning back to the kitchen.

Waiting for their meal, Twilight quietly sips her tea with her magic. Within Twilight’s own psyche, her mind slowly ebbs away, every time she remembers… “him”, Dark notices this and takes action. Placing his hand on Twilight’s hoof, Twilight slowly moves her gaze to look at Dark’s, or in this case his visor. Twilight can’t tell how Dark is feeling but, she can tell Dark is worried about Twilight’s condition, mentally and emotionally.

“Twilight… is everything all right?” asked Dark.

Twilight shakes her head, mentally, and returns Dark’s look of worry with a look of her own. “I’m fine… it was just that joke reminded me of… somepony,” said Twilight, reassuring Dark. “You could say I’m… crystal clear.”

Dark grins mentally at Twilight’s attempt of a joke, but because of him unable to show any signs of expression, Twilight frowns from being unable to tell how Dark is feeling. “Okay, okay, the joke was bad, that doesn’t mean yours was better,” said Twilight.

“No no no, it was good… sorry for my lacking of… facial expression… to be honest, I’ve been wearing this helmet… well since my recruitment to the D.U.F.” said Dark, his tone sounding sad. “Not once had I seen my own face… my own eyes.”

Twilight was surprised about this, she assumed Dark had seen his own face… nevertheless of what he looks like. Dark’s hold on Twilight’s hoof weakened… as he was busy on his own thoughts and ideas of his own… or to be specific, thoughts of the past. Whenever people, pony or any other creatures of any origin ask him of his identity… Dark has strange dreams, and memories of another… “him”. These dreams would be of memorable sweet dreams… other times… it would be nightmares of a hellish proportions. This dream however, was neither, at first it started quiet… then, the pitter-patter of water was heard… and then, a shower of rain came to vision. Dark… or in this case, “his past-self” was amidst a storm… the scenery was both sad… and painful. The dream or memory showed him staring at someone… it was a female… a woman? Dark had no idea who this person was but, the only time he ever had this memory was only in one certain moment in his life in the D.U.F., the day he was found. This memory shook Dark, to suddenly appear in this sort of situation… it was almost as if…

Before Dark could finish his thought, Twilight and Dark were interrupted by a sudden cough. Looking up where the cough came from, it was Swift Dish, and he brought a cart with Twilight and Dark’s meals. The duo weren’t sure how long Swift had been standing there but they could tell he was there for awhile and didn’t wanted to interrupt the princess and her guard’s, quote-on-quote moment. “I’m sorry for stopping from what you two were doing… but, your meals are here,” said Swift, stepping to the side to show the two their food.

Before the two were their meals, Twilight’s daisy sandwich and her juice. For Dark, a bowl of gems awaited him, some were some gems like rubies and sapphires, but other gave off a distinct glow and energy. Dark was happy with his request being answered; Swift levitated their meals and bowed, leaving them to eat. While Twilight levitated her sandwich and took a sizable bite, she returns her focus at Dark. Dark simply stared at the gems, either thinking or examining the minerals before him. Twilight gulped down the piece of her sandwich once done chewing and asked Dark what was wrong. “Is something wrong with your meal?” asked Twilight.

“No… just remembering how I do this again,” said Dark, still staring at the bowl.

“You mean how to eat?” said Twilight, giggling from Dark’s answer.

“Not that… well… yeah, but it’s… ‘complicating’.” Dark grabs a good large gem, and sees every side of it. Then he opens a compartment on a device on his wrist, he then places the gem inside. Twilight continues to stare until, she begins to hear something. The noise at first was quiet, but strange melodic noise, both enchanting but random begins to grow louder, the noise than silences itself until a loud caching was heard. Dark emits a blue aura, similar to the color of the gem he placed into the compartment previously before. Unsure what had occurred Twilight coughs, getting Dark’s attention.

“Not to be rude… but what was that?” asked Twilight, bewildered.

“Me eating,” said Dark, bluntly.

Twilight began staring at Dark, she was both amazed, curious… and confused what Dark meant by, he was eating. Twilight notices that a blue liquid started appearing on a vial on Dark’s wrist, watching the liquid it slowly disappeared until Dark made a burp noise. The two awkwardly sat… until Twilight responded with a sensibly reaction. “Whhhhhaaaa?” said Twilight, awe-shocked.

“I think I should get explaining,” said Dark.

“You think, you THINK! What, what was that?! With the gem and the wrist, not to mention that weird liquid that appeared and disappeared! Wha-wha-wha-wha…WHAT DID YOU DO!?” shouted Twilight, question arising every second.

Dark immediately places a hand on Twilight’s muzzle, while at the same time using his free hand to close the curtains surrounding them. Once done Dark slowly removes his hand, and speaks in a hushed tone. “First, I need you to listen to what I need to say befor you go to any conclusions,” said Dark, receiving a nod from Twilight. “Secondly… this armor is more than just a suit. It’s also my only source to stay alive.”

Twilight gave an inquisitive look, and wanted to speak, but stayed quiet and listened. Seeing Twilight understanding Dark’s pleas, Dark coughed and continued to explain.

“Now, my suit can copy other being’s abilities if I put a piece of them in this compartment like I did with the gem,” said Dark. Pointing at the same compartment before, he puts a gem inside and closes it. “But, this method also works with food, and energy...”

“Energy?” asked Twilight, her need to speak growing.

“Yes, you see the suit is powered by gems or electricity. It takes the powder of gems and turns into a sort of liquid in which can be used to power this suit. It’s perfectly harmless so don’t worry for environment damage happening,” said Dark, reassuring Twilight. “Now for my food. The same process on how the suit makes energy for itself is the same for food. The liquid gets transferred across the suit, then emits an aura depending on what gem the suit consumes. The aura heals me, feeds me, and more. This suit is also keeping me alive… well, because a long time ago, I gotten into an incident that nearly killed me… That was when the D.U.F. found me and gave me the chance to work under them, while keeping the suit. Free of charge.”

Twilight was amazed by how advanced technology Dark has in his possession. Now magic was also amazing, but being a creature that uses and made of magic is pretty part of the norm. With Manehattan and a few other cities being the only ones using electricity through what many ponies know as, science. Other villages and towns use magic or fire to light their towns at dark. However, in Dark’s case, his wearing something that is thousands, maybe eras ahead of their time… this “D.U.F.” group is probably the most highest sophisticated organization Twilight or anypony would ever encounter… not to mention the whole, “Protecting the Multiverse” situation that Dark’s involved in. Before Twilight could speak, the curtains began to shuffle and a pony popped their head through. The pony was the mare from before he asked Twilight and Dark if they wanted tea.

“Excuse me, but not to be rude princess… but it’s best you leave now,” said the mare.

“How come? We haven’t finished our meals yet?” asked Twilight.

“Well… it’s best you look,” said the mare.

Seeing what the mare meant, Dark and Twilight looked and saw a crowd or in this case, a paparazzi outside, cameras ready. Apparently, somepony saw Twilight and called Manehatten’s newsponies to the location where this pony saw Twilight. Luckily the diner has a policy on protecting their clients privacy, especially a princess. “Quick, follow me through the back. And don’t worry about not paying, I think our boss will be happy enough to know a princess ate in our establishment. By the way, my name is Sweet Tea,” said Sweet, smiling.

After Dark and Twilight were led through the back, a few members of the paparazzi spotted Dark and Twilight and began chase. As Sweet Tea said farewell to the princess and her bodyguard, both Dark and Twilight made their way to escape. Twilight teleported her and Dark to the roof of some buildings, but were followed by unicorn and pegasi newsponies. “Now what?” asked Dark.

Twilight surveyed the area, until noticing a large crowd of ponies, possibly part of rush hour. “I got an idea,” said Twilght.

Seeing what Twilight was seeing, Dark nodded and followed Twilight’s lead. They both jumped down to the crowd, losing themselves amongst everypony. The paparazzi try their best to search, only to find nothing. Twilight and Dark on the other hand escaped, heading toward an empty street, derived of pony and paparazzi. “That… was...” said Twilight, catching her breath. “Was not how I expected to start the day.”

“Well, you are a princess after all,” said Dark, standing to his full height.

“I guess,” said Twilight chuckling. While busy with today’s interesting morning… something caught Twilight’s eye. Taking a gander what it was, she uses her magic to bring before her eyesight. Also seeing what Twilight was reading, both are shocked what they are reading. “Oh no...”

The two were reading today’s newspaper… and the first thing they see… is Twilight’s friends being dragged off into Canterlot. The title says, “Elements Taken To Canterlot”. The paper says that they have harbored with Princess Twilight’s escape and the mysterious creature calling itself, Soldier 3112. It also says that Twilight’s friends might know where Twilight has vanished to… when they don’t know anything, and simply helped their friend escaped.

“My, friends,” said Twilight, dropping the paper out of shock.

Dark kept silent, but spoke, careful with his words. “I can’t say it wasn’t your fault or not… but remember, I don’t think your leaders will to anything harsh to them. You mentioned one of them never lies, so they have to believe her, correct?” said Dark.

Twilight stares at the ground, but nods. She shakes her thoughts of worry away, and trusts her friends to be safe, and has faith they’ll be safe. “Yeah… your right,” said Twilight, taking in Dark’s message to heart. “Come on… we need to find Trixie about this.”

Twilight and Dark head off to find Trixie… but it seems that whilst they continued down the street they were in, a very familiar crow follows the duo. Both are unaware to Discord, following them to their next destination.