• Published 2nd Sep 2016
  • 672 Views, 17 Comments

A Soldier's Orders - Animatorsnake



The date is November 13 on the Equestrian calendar... it has been four full months since... "his" death. I am now princess of friendship... yet I feel so alone... I just wished maybe, just maybe... I had the chance to see him one last time.

  • ...
 17
 672

Renegade Arc: Ch.6 - Once A Foe... Now A Friend

After two days from the incident that occurred at Ponyville, Twilight wakes up from what she can remember. Her head is throbbing, she realized a piece of cloth was on her forehead, and looking around she sees she's in some sort of forest. Attempting to stand on her hooves, she hears splashing from a nearby river, nearing the noise she sees a figure thinking it's Soldier 3112. Approaching the river she realizes it's somepony else… somepony she thought to not meet again. “Oh, you’re awake. You’re lucky Trixie came to your rescue,” said Trixie who was cleaning something.

“Trixie… W-what, what are you doing here, and where's…?” asked Twilight, flinching from the pain in her head.

“That creature carried you out of the Everfree Forest on its back; good thing Trixie saw you two. Trixie decided to help you two… it's what he would of wanted,” said Trixie, staring at the river’s water.

Twilight can recognize the sadness in her eyes… and she can understand how she feels. Trixie levitates out a bowl, and places it in a towel and surrounds bowl with the towel. “Come, Trixie will lead you to Trixie’s wagon,” said Trixie, picking up the wrapped bowl.

Following Trixie, Twilight sees her wagon up ahead; near it was Soldier 3112… unconscious. Approaching him, Twilight can see that Soldier 3112 is covered in wounds, some of his armor or suit is damaged. “What… what happened to him?” Twilight asked.

“Before he went unconscious, he told Trixie what happened,” said Trixie, telling Twilight his view point.

As Trixie told Twilight what happened, it started when Soldier 3112 jumped off the tower with Twilight. Falling into the dark abyss, Soldier 3112 pulled out his energy blade and stabbed it into the abyss's wall. Hanging onto the wall, Soldier 3112 waited for Luna to leave, once she was gone, Soldier 3112 climbed out of the abyss and placed Twilight down. “Hey Twilight, are you okay. Sorry for the sudden jump but, it was the only way to… escape her,” said Soldier 3112.

Twilight was unconscious from hitting something on the abyss’s wall when Soldier 3112 jumped off. Now carrying an unconscious Twilight, Soldier 3112 trudges through the deadly Everfree Forest, he told Trixie how he had to fight off a pack of timberwolves, run from a hydra, and many more obstacles. Once he reached the other side of the Everfree Forest that's opposite to Ponyville, he met Trixie, she helped them two days ago. “You mean… his done that, and his been like this for two days,” said Twilight, now worried for Soldier 3112's health. “Is he okay?”

“Trixie doesn't know, Trixie thought of bringing him to a doctor but, he says that he'll be captured if that happened,” said Trixie.

“True… so, you heard why we're out here?” asked Twilight.

“Trixie knows… and Trixie wants to know why?” said Trixie. “Why would you help this thing… don't tell me your trying to get… him back.”

Twilight knew Trixie was the closest from anypony else to be with Anim, but would she help Twilight and Soldier 3112. Unsure whether to ask Trixie, Soldier 3112 wakes up suddenly. “Why the two of you are talking, can’t you see I need my rest,” said Soldier 3112. “...What day is it?”

Twilight surprised him with a hug, as Soldier 3112 simply stares at her. “Thank Celestia, I thought you didn't make it,” said Twilight.

“Well it takes more than that… Now you mind?” said Soldier 3112, as Twilight let go. “Oh, I thought you would of ditched me Trixie.”

“Trixie will help anypony in need… well Trixie does now,” said Trixie.

“That's nice, say do you know each other?” asked Soldier 3112. “Because I sort of heard the two of you talking and it sounds like you both know each other, personally.”

“We both had the same friend, so we’re on mutual terms,” said Twilight.

Trixie went silent after Twilight was going to mention him. Trixie went inside her wagon, and brought her hat and cape with her. “Come, we have no time to waste here, Trixie knows a town nearby we can ask for help,” said Trixie.

“But, we're wanted, if we are seen in any town or city then...” said Twilight.

“Don't worry, the news of you being wanted are only heard at Ponyville, Canterlot, and Cloudsdale. We'll head to somewhere that hasn't heard the news and...” said Trixie.

“Why are we going to another town?” asked Soldier 3112.

“Your injured, you need some help,” said Twilight.

“What I need is to not look for more trouble, even if we did go somewhere that hasn't heard us, they would question why Twilight is in this city or town. And besides, I'm from another realm with advanced technology I don't think you'll be able to heal me up that quickly,” said Soldier 3112. “I need to find a source of energy to recharge my suit; my suit will do the rest.”

“YOU DARE INSULT TRIXIE'S IDEA! Trixie doesn't care if you’re from some… other world, you'll listen to Trixie whether you like it or not!” shouted Trixie.

“We better listen to her, and besides we'll keep a low profile,” said Twilight.

“I hope so,” said Soldier 3112.

Preparing to leave their campsite, the two nearest towns are Appleloosa and Dodge City. Now since Applejack’s cousin is at Appleloosa, it was a safer bet to head to Dodge City. Using Trixie’s wagon, Trixie uses a simple transportation spell for her wagon to move on it’s own on their way to Dodge City. “Is it okay for you to use that spell Trixie? That spell can have some bad side-effects,” said Twilight.

“Do not worry for Trixie, Trixie has used this spell since Trixie began to travel. All it will do to Trixie is give a small migraine, nothing more,” said Trixie, focusing her spell.

“Hey, it’s kind of spacious here. How you make it this big?” asked Soldier 3112.

“A magician never tells,” said Trixie with a smirk. “Trixie just realized but… Trixie hasn’t asked your name.”

“My name… meh, my name ain’t interesting. All I can give is rank and number,” said Soldier 3112.

“At least tell Trixie,” said Trixie. “Trixie won’t continue calling you ‘thing’ or ‘creature’ forever.”

Soldier 3112 stares at Twilight, you gives him a simple shrug. Sighing Soldier 3112 tells Trixie… “his name”. “My name is… Soldier, 3112,” said Soldier 3112. “Happy?

Trixie simply stares ahead, not looking at Soldier 3112, but continues to talk. “No, Trixie is not happy. However, Trixie will give you a new name,” said Trixie.

“A new name?” said Twilight and Soldier 3112, at sync.

“Yes, and your new name will be… Dark Armor,” said Trixie. “For starters your armor is black as the darkest nights, and it fits you with being some kind of soldier of a powerful military force… correct,” said Trixie, waiting for a response.

“That… is actually a pretty good description. Yeah, from now on, just call me Dark,” said Dark, changing his name.

“Well at least we don’t need to keep calling you something silly like, Soldier 3112,” said Twilight, giggling.

“Well pardon me, but I been with that name since I joined the D.U.F… Well… as long as I could remember of course,” said Dark.

Twilight notices the change of tone in Dark’s voice, and wonders about what his past in this “D.U.F.” was like… or his past in general. “Is something wrong Dark?” asked Twilight.

“No… nothing… forget what I said… Say, how far are we to this, Dodge City?” asked Dark.

“At least until the afternoon. We’ll find someone to patch you and Twinkles here, and then we’ll find a train to anywhere,” said Trixie.

“Okay… wait… Twinkles?” asked Dark, surprised. “Who’s Twinkle… ohhhh.”

Dark stares at Twilight, and even though his wearing a helmet, she can feel Dark staring at her with a grin. Twilight blushes and hides her face into her hooves. “I thought you wouldn’t use that nickname anymore...” said Twilight.

“Trixie gave Dark her one, Trixie might as well tell him about yours,” said Trixie, chuckling.

“Well then I’ll tell him yours then, Little Star,” said Twilight in a taunting action.

“Oh why you,” said Trixie. Trixie began to wrestle Twilight while still focus on floating the wagon. Twilight and Trixie begin hoof slapping each other… girlishly whilst fighting, but as the two fought each other, they stopped noticing Dark laughing inside the wagon. The two ponies look at one another, and grinned, Twilight teleports Dark outside the wagon, into a puddle of mud.

“Har, har, har, real funny,” said Dark. “Come on, let’s get back to our journey.”

Continuing back to their journey, these three will face things nopony has ever witness, and gain an understanding for one another. A princess, new and still understanding the world will be given choices that she will face. A wanderer, going to place to place, losing the one thing she has ever loved, she will fight her demons, and face consequences she must endure. And finally… the lone soldier, in a world that will judge his every action, empty of memory, he has no recollection of his past, but will understand the true meaning… of life. All follow a different path of their own, but now share the same one… they may be in different roles… but they are all, renegades.

Author's Note:

DUN DUN DUN DA DAHHHHHHHH~! You gained a new party member... TRIXIE!

Update 04/07/17: A drawing for this chapter on the end scene