• Published 2nd Sep 2016
  • 673 Views, 17 Comments

A Soldier's Orders - Animatorsnake



The date is November 13 on the Equestrian calendar... it has been four full months since... "his" death. I am now princess of friendship... yet I feel so alone... I just wished maybe, just maybe... I had the chance to see him one last time.

  • ...
 17
 673

Prologue Arc: Ch.3 - Am I Going Too Far? (edited)

The time was 12:30pm in this strange world I arrived in, and the first thing to happen to me was being captured by a sentient race of ponies. In mere moments, I met at least three of the rulers of this world called Equestria. The one who seems to be controlling the sun, Celestia, is the one most in charge of all of Equestria; then there's her sister, Luna, the one that controls the moon, her job is to check ponies’ dreams and watch the night... then we have the third. Out of the other two, she seemed... desperate, as if she's searching or waiting for someone. Nevertheless she's known for the title of Princess of Friendship;odd title but, it would be useful in this sort of world. They led me to the capital and I believe it was called Canterlot. Anyway, they interrogated me which was normal when encountering a mysterious being but their leaders did it personally... as if they experienced this sort of situation before recently... odd. Well anyway the day started like any other day... for a D.U.F. soldier of course.

“Who are these D.U.F. and are they a threat!?” shouted Luna, playing as the bad cop.

“I already said before, the D.U.F. are a force that simply wants to help. We mean no harm, especially to this kind of dimension, our only foe was those responsible for building that robot you saw before,” I said.

“If so, how you’d reach this world of ours?” asked Luna.

“I entered a portal on another dimension. I had no choice to get away since that robot was on the portal platform when we fought,” I said.

This Luna character became more and more agitated with me. Luckily her sister was there to be the good cop. “I think it's my turn next Luna,” said Celestia. “I'm sorry for my sister, the last time a being from another world came to our world... it didn't went well.”

“It won't be the same for me I hope,” I said. “Now yes I did fight that thing, but it would have contacted reinforcements and annihilated this world of yours.”

“You've encountered these sorts of beings before?” asked Celestia.

“Indeed your highness... but I sense you want something more than that… now don't you,” I said.

Celestia too was curious of my real intentions, but the truth was... I had no hidden intentions. Unable to pull any info out of me, they left me in the room. I thought I could escape once they left, but they left some sort of seal onto the door and any possible escape ways were impossible for me. I was stuck with no way out.Well this is a predicament.


Elsewhere – Canterlot, Canterlot Train Station; 12:25pm

Twilight finally arrives in order to find the inter-dimensional being that could help her... with her problem. If I was a creature from another world, where would I be held?

Using an old spell that she never thought to use again, Twilight uses the gift given to her from a long old friend. She can sense the aura of the being coming from the castle in the lower levels. “Got’cha,” said Twilight.

Making sure she isn't recognized by anypony, especially the guards, Twilight sneaks into the castle and heads to the lower levels. Entering through the back doors through the garden, she sees Celestia and Luna leave through a door that seems to lead downstairs. Before heading down, Twilight eavesdrop on the two. “Sister, that thing... I don't trust him,” said Luna.

“Even so, we can't treat him badly. If we do, his superiors will question why we threatened him when he did no harm to us,” said Celestia.

“He may not have caused any crimes, but he will soon... I can feel it,” said Luna.

“We'll see, for now we wait until tomorrow, then we see what we do with him,” said Celestia.

Done with eavesdropping, Twilight leaves and heads downstairs. Once in the lower area, the room she looks for is unguarded. Turning the knob, the door is locked and she’s unable to teleport inside because of a rune placed around the room, so she peeks through the bars on the door. “Hello? Is someone in here?” said Twilight, peeking inside.

When she heard no answer, Twilight was readying herself to ram the door, but she heard a voice. “I wouldn't do that if I was you.”

“Who's that?” asked Twilight looking around.

Finding the source of the voice, she sees a figure coming from the darkness of the room she was previous looking in. “And who might you be?” asked Soldier 3112.

“My name is Twilight, Princess Twilight Sparkle,” said Twilight, introducing herself.

“I recognize you, you’re that purple pony that asked me odd questions? What are you doing here?” asked Soldier 3112.

“I came here to help.”

“But aren't you one of their leaders, doesn't make sense for you to help me,” said Soldier 3112, confused.

“Its... complicating, you see Princess Celestia chose me because of the actions I've done so far,” said Twilight.

“So you’re more of a hero of some sort,” said Soldier 3112.

“I suppose so... now let's get you out of here,” said Twilight, preparing to ram the door again.

“I think I know how I can get out, but I need you to get my belongings,” said Soldier 3112.

“Where are they?” asked Twilight, stopping herself from ramming the door.

“I'm not sure, but the guards mentioned something about an armory,” said Soldier 3112. “Check there and bring my stuff back to me.”

Heading to the armory, she heads back upstairs. Reaching the door toward upstairs, Twilight bumps into somepony she never knew was here. “Twily, what are you doing here?” asked Shining, surprised to find her sister here.

“Better yet, what are you doing here?!” asked Twilight, shocked.

“Well Celestia sent a message to Cadance about some incident happening. She hasn't told us what's happening but, it's big. So she sent you here too, where are your friends did they come?” asked Shining, looking around.

“They didn't come; I need to go somewhere big brother, so excuse me,” said Twilight, leaving.

“Hold up, Celestia called in everypony, that includes you too right, so come on,” said Shining.

Dragged off by her brother, Twilight and Shining arrive at the door of the meeting room. There they can see two guards at the door. “I'm here, I also have Princess Twilight with me,” said Shining.

“What, but Princess Celestia, Luna, Cadance and yourself are supposed to be at this meeting? What's Princess Twilight doing here?” asked the guard, staring at the princess.

“But I found her at the castle grounds and… wait. Twilight what are you really here for?” asked Shining, suspicious.

Unable to speak, Twilight flashes a bright light toward the three ponies and runs off, but is caught by a magical bubble. Looking around who cast it, it was Cadance who was at the other end of the hallway. “Twilight, I don't know why you’re here but whatever it is you need to stop!” said Cadance.

Twilight teleports out of the bubble and runs away from everypony. Searching for the armory, Twilight finds two massive doors with a symbol of a shield and sword above it. “This must be the armory,” said Twilight.

Opening the doors, inside she finds an assortment of weapons. In the center is equipment that must be Soldier 3112’s belongings. However it's protected by a ward that's impossible to break. Finding a way to get them out, a guard spots the door open, entering inside he sees Twilight. “Who's there!?” shouted the guard.

Twilight decides to release an immense amount of magic into the ward, causing a small explosion. From the explosion, every guard and the royalty head to the explosion's source. Once arriving, they see Twilight in possession of the strange objects from Soldier 3112. “STOP HER!” shouted Luna.

When the guards began charging, Twilight suddenly vanishes and appears inside Soldier 3112’s prison cell. “How did I get here? I didn't even teleport,” said Twilight, confused.

“That was me, I sent a retrieval beacon so my stuff and you would come to me,” said Soldier 3112.

“Then how come you didn't do that in the first place?” asked Twilight, upset from nearly risking her life.

“The beacon was being blocked by something, your magic probably was destabilizing the signal. Now you might want to plug your ears,” said Soldier 3112.

Twilight did what he said and placed both hooves on her ears. Once she did, a sudden massive explosion demolished the prison cell wall, which led outside. Now free, Soldier 3112 carries Twilight underneath his arm and the two attempt to escape the castle. “WHAT ARE YOU DOING!?” shouted Twilight, surprised from the sudden explosion.

“Escaping, what does it look like to you? By the way, thanks for helping me, the name's Soldier 3112,” said Soldier 3112.

“That's an odd name!” shouted Twilight, still shocked from the explosion.

“It was the name given to me when I joined the D.U.F. Now let’s get out… of here,” said Soldier 3112, slowly stopping.

Ahead was a massive crowd of guards that blocked the way outside the castle. Unable to escape or head back, the three princesses and prince arrive at the scene. “What's the meaning of this?!” said Luna. “Twilight, why are you with the prisoner and helping him?!”

“I can explain...” said Twilight.

“How we know it's not some sort of changeling helping this… thing,” said Cadance.

“Change-what?” said Soldier 3112. “What's a changeling?”

“This thing doesn't come from our world, so it has not made contact with Chrysalis. But what I wonder is why Twilight is assisting this being,” said Celestia, surprised to find her apprentice here.

Trapped and being slowly surrounded, Twilight and Soldier 3112 are outnumbered… is what Twilight thinks. “Time for plan B,” said Soldier 3112, muttering to himself.

“Plan what?!” shouted Twilight.

Dropping some small black balls, they unleash smoke, blocking the soldiers’ view. “Can you fly?” asked Soldier 3112, starring at Twilight’s wings.

“Sort of...” said Twilight, flapping her wings.

Once in the air, Soldier 3112 hangs onto Twilight's tail. Flying over Canterlot, the two are being followed by a certain elite pegasi team. “Who are they?” asked Soldier 3112.

Turning around to see, Twilight sees they are being followed by the Wonderbolts. “Not good, those are the Wonderbolts. They’re the best fliers in Equestria,” said Twilight. “I can't out-fly them!”

“You don't need to! Get me close to them,” said Soldier 3112.

“WHY!?” shouted Twilight, worried.

“My suit can copy the abilities of other beings, all I need to do is get a small sample and my suit will copy their abilities,” said Soldier 3112.

“Why not copy my abilities?” Twilight asked.

“I have to pluck a feather from you and I don't want to do that and find ourselves crashing, would I,” said Soldier 3112.

Twilight thought of this, and agreed with Soldier 3112's idea. Getting close to the Wonderbolts, Soldier 3112 jumps onto one of them and plucks a feather from them. Luckily the pegasus whose feather was plucked steadily continued to fly. “Got it, now we wait for the magic to happen,” said Soldier 3112.

Suddenly Soldier 3112's suit, transforms. Now equipped with a wing-suit and a jet-pack, he too can fly with Twilight, except more efficiently. “Hang on to me princess,” said Soldier 3112. Wrapping her hooves around him, Soldier 3112 wrapped his arms securely around Twilight.

Activating his jet pack, Soldier 3112 zooms off in the distance away from Canterlot, disappearing. Unable to follow, the Wonderbolts then return to Celestia to report. “Sorry princess, he got away,” said one of the Wonderbolts.

“No worries, we'll find another way to find them. Now return back to your daily duties and thank you for your help,” said Celestia.

Leaving, the Wonderbolts fly off into the sky. Turning toward Luna, Cadance and Shining, Celestia plans her next move. “Luna, could you send some of your guards to Ponyville, just in case. And for you Shining and Cadance, I need you two to see Twilight's friends and ask them if they might know where Twilight might be and why she helped that creature,” said Celestia.

“Of course sister,” said Luna, heading off.

“Yes auntie,” said Cadance.

“Will my sister be okay once found?” asked Shining.

“Don't worry, Twilight will be fine. She must have had her reasons… now I need to see… an old friend,” said Celestia.

Elsewhere in the skies, Soldier 3112 and Twilight take a short break on a mountain. “Why'd we stop, they could be still following us?” asked Twilight.

“Don't worry they stopped shortly afterward, that and my suit's power was going to run out,” said Soldier 3112.

“So it's a temporary transformation,” said Twilight.

“Indeed; now we must go somewhere safe to hide,” said Soldier 3112.

“We can go to Ponyville and see if my friends can help,” said Twilight.

“No, we can't go looking for more help. The more involved, the more that will get hurt, is there anywhere else. Somewhere that's secluded from any cities or towns?” asked Soldier 3112.

Twilight thought of this for a long time and there was one such place. “There's a place in the Everfree Forest. If we can get there before the royal guards arrive at Ponyville, we can head through there to hide at an abandoned castle I know of,” said Twilight.

“Then it's settled, we'll head there by foot… or hoof for you. We'll go past Ponyville and enter this Everfree Forest place,” said Soldier 3112. “Now, let's go.”

Heading down the mountain, Twilight has realized that from this point on, she's neither a princess nor a faithful citizen. She has done things that nopony in their right mind would do, was all of this worth to just see one pony… one friend. “Excuse me… Soldier 3112, can I ask you something?” asked Twilight.

“Sure,” said Soldier 3112, walking down the mountain.

“…Am I… a traitor?” asked Twilight, depressed from saying it.

Soldier 3112 stopped and faced Twilight. “Did you wanted to be a traitor?” asked Soldier 3112, in return to Twilight’s question.

Twilight moved her head side to side; Soldier 3112 in response, gave Twilight some advice.

“Sometimes in order to achieve our goals, some obstacles need to be crossed… whether they aren't agreed by everyone. So remember this, only you can decide to turn back, no matter how far you've gone… Do you want to go back?” asked Soldier 3112.

Twilight stood still, thinking if this was right but, Soldier 3112 had a point. Looking up, she stood stern with her decision. “No, as long there's hope I can see him, then I'll do anything just so I can see my friend one last time,” said Twilight.

“Then from here on, neither of us aren't going to give up,” said Soldier 3112.

Moving down the mountain to Ponyville, Twilight is Equestria's number one outlaw with Soldier 3112 being close second. Will these two survive the upcoming horrors ahead, or will the very thing they dream in nightmares become reality? This is the start of darker days to come, for lines will be crossed, relationships shattered and reborn and memories from deep within will once more to resurface.

Author's Note:

The first ten paragraphs/sentences are from the perspective of Soldier 3112. The rest is told in narrative form.

And this makes the end of the "Prologue Arc". The next arc will come out next week... maybe Sunday... Monday... somewhere next week.

Update: Bold text is narration perspective of Soldier 3112.