• Published 23rd Nov 2017
  • 649 Views, 8 Comments

Six Seconds Left - Taialin



Time moves too fast for anypony to stop and think about what their legacy will be. But in those final moments, it seems to slow down just enough for those ponies to wish they had more time to think about the question.

  • ...
1
 8
 649

One

That's . . . that's really unfortunate. It's my time? I wasn't expecting that it would come this early, and considering my princesshood, I wasn't sure when it was going to come at all. And I certainly didn't think it would be happening to be now. But I guess it can't be helped.

I know friendship is a devastatingly powerful force, but even I know it can't transcend death. My mind will be gone and my soul will have flown. I'll do nothing in death but cease to exist and let Equestria move on without me.

It's really going to hurt, isn't it? Not just all of my friends, but the entirety of Equestria. The bonds of friendship that keep up close are what make Equestria strong, and things are going to be different without the Princess of Friendship. I can't deny that the bonds between the girls will be weaker with my absence. Doubly so, because I don't think the Elements of Harmony or Rainbow Power or any of our friendship powers would work with just five. Discord taught me as much. If a villain were to threaten Equestria again, those powers couldn't be used anymore.

But I know that my absence will not leave Equestria vulnerable. Friendship is universal, and all of us have tried to spread it wherever we go. Manehattan, Canterlot, Fillydelphia, Saddle Arabia, Yakyakistan. It's a network that covers the whole world, and the loss of one node, even if they're a Princess of Friendship, can't weaken the web. The bonds of friendship and the strength therein will overcome any adversary, even without the full measure of the Elements. Equestria will remain strong.

Of course, all that can only happen as we continue to learn. I was still learning about friendship right up until this moment, and I know my friends were as well.

Fluttershy was such a timid pony when I first met her, but now she knows that asserting herself is a good thing and doing so doesn't have to compromise her kindness. Applejack has always been strong, but she's even stronger now with her friends and family behind her. Rainbow Dash has always been competitive, but she always puts her friends first. Rarity knows that even as she climbs the social ladder, she can still keep her friends and stay generous at the same time. And Pinkie is still the same fun-loving pony she's always been, and she knows that everypony can make everypony smile.

I'm so proud of all of you; you've all learned so much. Keep teaching each other and keep learning. Friendship will never die, even as every one of us does. I couldn't be leaving the fate of Equestria in better hooves.

Goodbye, girls. I love you all.