• Published 23rd Nov 2017
  • 655 Views, 8 Comments

Six Seconds Left - Taialin



Time moves too fast for anypony to stop and think about what their legacy will be. But in those final moments, it seems to slow down just enough for those ponies to wish they had more time to think about the question.

  • ...
1
 8
 655

Three

Ah! Moi, la fin? La fin de Rarity? No, I'm too young and beautiful to die! Those things simply don't happen to ponies like me!

Oh, but if I go, what will Equestria lose? She'll lose her finest fashion designer and a diva the world over. It will be such a tragedy! At the very least, let me strike a pose before I go so the world can gaze upon her finest marvel even unto the grave. Perhaps I should lay down now and get comfortable; there's no guarantee that I'll stay on my hooves once the end comes.

Ah. Much better. Beautiful, but modest, and undeniably tragic. This will be the last image that will be on tomorrow's papers, Rarity, so make it count!

Pity that it had to happen now, though. I had so much more planned. I wanted to work with Coco and design a new line with her exclusive to Manehattan. And given Sweetie Belle's new cutie mark, I was just about to give her private singing lessons to cultivate that lovely voice of hers. Neither of those are going to happen now, are they? So much work left unfinished. And they'll all be so sad that I left so suddenly. Especially poor Sweetie Belle.

The universe could have chosen a much better time to take me away. But then, I suppose it could have chosen worse as well. I've breached the ranks of the elite in a way never seen before, and I've bedazzled the world with my finest designs . . . notwithstanding the designs I've yet to develop. But then, I've never stopped designing, and I'll always be leaving work unfinished. The work that is out there now is the only legacy that I can leave. It is not a bad one, honestly.

I'm not ready. Of course I'm not. Think of all the more good I could give to Equestria if I simply had more time. But the story has to end for everypony, and maybe my chapter is closing now. Early, far too early, of course. But I have left my mark. The world will mourn the loss of such an icon, but it will celebrate everything that she did as well. My work is done, and perhaps it has been done for a while now. There's only one thing left to do.

Pose for the camera, Rarity. The obituary photo must look good.