• Published 13th Sep 2016
  • 8,990 Views, 506 Comments

Finding a Place - Battlecat



Moving to Canterlot was supposed give Silver Spark a chance to begin again. So far that hasn't worked out.

  • ...
16
 506
 8,990

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter 25 - To Perform

Friday, November 18, 2016 - Continued

Sunset and I walked towards the front doors of Canterlot High, hand in hand. My shoulders felt just a bit lighter and the contact, while strange, felt wonderfully right. Unfortunately, that comfort was the only thing counter the growing fear in my heart and my desire to slip away and hide. My confidence was wavering as the school day approached and with it came the risk of new torments.

I leaned over to whisper in her ear. “I know I put on a brave face a few moments ago we agreed not to keep this secret Sunset, but to tell the truth, I'm a bit frightened.”

“Why is that?” she murmured. “You're not ashamed of being seen with me, are you?”

“Absolutely not; I'm just used to hiding myself away,” I replied, as we walked up the stairs to the front door. “My parents, my magic, the martial arts, my scars, and every other little detail of my life have been mostly secret since I got here. The idea of being so public about something this important is unnerving.”

“Don't worry Silver,” she replied, squeezing my hand reassuringly. “You don't need to hide; we'll just ignore the others, just like you’ve always insisted.”

“I know in my mind you're right; it won't be any different than normal. Still, think I’m going worry a bit.”

I took a deep breath and pushed the door open for her and we walked into the main atrium of the school. It was still early but there were two familiar girls sitting on one of the benches inside. It was the two girls who had reluctantly helped me out when Lightning Dust broke her hand. I didn't think much of it as we crossed the atrium to head to Sunset's locker. I felt the hairs on the back of my neck prickling when they both looked up and smiled at us.

“Good morning Sunset! Oh, and hello to you Silver,” the girl with the teal and white hair said enthusiastically.

It never ceased to amaze me how few students I could actually put a name to. I hadn't really cared before the Formal and nobody other than my friends and a few bullies had engaged me in conversation. Sunset stopped and looked over at the two girls with a cautious expression on her face.

“Hello, Lyra. How are you and Bon Bon feeling this morning?”

“Pretty refreshed considering the insanity last night,” Bon Bon said before letting out a frustrated sigh. “I hope everything can go back to normal after this incident. I can't believe how horribly the Dazzlings made us act.”

“Don't worry about your behavior too much,” Sunset replied reassuringly. “Everyone said and did things they wouldn't normally do while under the influence of their magic. Even our teachers and principals weren’t in their right minds. They won't be able to do that again.”

While Sunset and Bon Bon were talking, Lyra's eyes had shifted over to me. They widened when she noticed my hand holding Sunsets. The grin that appeared on her face was making me incredibly nervous.

“Oh my goodness, are you two dating!?” Lyra blurted out.

“Yes, we are,” Sunset replied while I just nodded my own confirmation.

“WOW!! You two look so cute!” she squeaked in excitement while bouncing on the bench. “When? How? Who asked who? Have you-”

Bon Bon put her hand over Lyra's mouth to cut off the stream of questions. “That's enough Lyra, calm down. Congratulations you two, that's wonderful news after this awful week.”

Lyra pushed the hand away from her mouth and giggled. “You'd better hold on to him tight there Sunset. After last night's performance, you might have some competition.”

You have got to be kidding me.

I felt Sunset’s hand tense in mine and I knew had had to speak up before she became upset.

“If all it took was a pretty girl to turn my head, I'd wind up with whiplash in this school," I said. "While I appreciate the compliment, the competition is just going to have to look elsewhere for a prize. This one’s already taken.”

“Well aren’t you a loyal one,” Bon Bon said with a grin on her face while she got up to her feet. “I had no idea you’d be a sweet talker as well. Lyra and I will spread the word that you're both off the market. It won't dissuade everyone, but it will take the edge off I'm sure.”

Lyra bounced up next to her. “That's right! Don't you worry about a thing! See you both later!”

Sunset and I were speechless while we watched them walk away. We just watched them go and then looked at each other. Our expressions were a study in confusion for several moments before Sunset raised her eyebrow.

"Did you seriously just manage to compliment the entire female student population of this school in one sentence, Silver?" Sunset asked incredulously.

"I have no idea Sunset. Maybe?" I said, nervously awaiting her reaction.

Sunset smiled although her eyes were still worried. "I'm surprised and impressed you pulled that off so elegantly. Still, that was a weird conversation no matter how I look at it. Did they seriously just treat us like normal people?"

We are awake, right?
Eeyup.
Right.

“Ok, Spark just confirmed that we are actually awake right now. Did we stumble into another parallel universe while we were leaning on the portal face, Sunset?”

“I have no idea, Silver,” she whispered. “I'd say we walked into the Twilight Zone, but I'm pretty sure we'd wind up as ponies if we went there.”

I stopped and stared at her while my mind tried to process what she said. Then I snorted and started laughing as the double meaning became clear. Sunset laughed along with me at her own joke. There was no doubt in my mind that today was going to be weird but at least it might be a good one.


By the end of my first class, I was still worried that the other foot would drop at any moment. The whispers continued behind our backs as we wandered around before our first class and there were a few polite smiles. No random girls tried to hit on me out of the blue and there were no conversations as overt as the meeting with Lyra and Bon Bon. Everyone seemed pretty subdued and I overheard a number of apologies being exchanged as well as some familiar harsh words about the Dazzlings. There wasn't much I could do about that attitude until I knew if the three former Sirens were going to stay and try to make peace.

In the meantime, I had business to take care of. I managed to catch Rarity before she walked out to join the rest of the crowd.

“What can I do for you, Silver?”

“Do you know how to fix leather clothing?”

Rarity furrowed her brow. “I'm afraid that's a material that requires special tools and training to work with, darling,” she replied. “Sadly, I have neither but I do know a few people with that skill in the area. Why do you ask?”

“When I had that seizure from the Siren's magic, Sunset used her jacket to keep me from biting my tongue. Once I managed to get my magic under control, I transformed while still biting down on the jacket and my canines grew right through the sleeve.”

To Rarity's credit, her only reaction to that revelation was a brief raising of her eyebrow while she considered the problem. “The people I know do have the skill to repair it but I'm not sure that's the right choice. I'm certain she's worn that leather coat the entire time she's been on this side of the portal. Maybe we should convince her to get something new.”

“That might work, but I'd like to get those names from you anyhow,” I said. “Do you think you could help Sunset with finding something new, Rarity? I can help cover some of the cost, in fact, I insist since she sacrificed it to protect me in the first place.”

Rarity's expression brightened up. “I believe that's a wonderful idea. To be honest, I've been trying to convince her to change her look ever since we became friends. Perhaps she will accept this time.”

“Thank you Rarity,” I said. “If it's anything like what you came up with for that outing we went on a couple weeks ago, I'm certain she'll look lovely.”

I was prepared to leave, but Rarity's expression became serious. “Since we are here, can we speak about this dreamwalking business before we part ways?”

I nodded while my heart started pounding with a familiar anxiety. This was the first of several conversations I was dreading.

“I must admit that I find this new development quite unsettling,” she said gently. “Until you know more about your abilities, I must ask you stay away from my dreams Sir Spark.”

“I will Lady Belle,” I said. “There was really no need to ask but I will honor your request.”

"Thank you,” she replied without meeting my gaze. “You are a good friend Silver and I do trust you. This has just gotten a bit too strange for me to handle at the moment. I have to go now but I will, of course, see you at lunch.”

I nodded in response and watched her leave.

One down, four to go Spark.
She didn't seem happy. Not horribly upset but not happy either.
I suspect that would have gone differently if we'd stumbled into her dream the first time.
True. Thank goodness Twilight is a forgiving pony.


I adjusted the focus of the video camera on its tripod one last time before walking back to the stage to wait for the girls to arrive. I waved at Vinyl where she was finishing up her setup of the sound system. She put her thumb up indicating she was under control. I sat down and leaned against a large speaker for a short breather. It had been a whirlwind busy afternoon and I actually didn't have time to worry about all the changes that were happening. The fact that the rest of school day had passed without incident was a relief for me. I closed my eyes to relax a bit while I waited for the girls to arrive and thought over the events of the day.

I spent my lunch hour in the music room while the girls got Sunset Shimmer up to speed as the newest member of their band. Sunset wasn’t kidding when she told me she knew how to play guitar and she picked up the songs like she'd been practicing for weeks. I suppose it's entirely possible she was while she sat and listened to them practice. As a group, they were absolute naturals and I enjoyed listening to them try out their new songs for the concert. Between Fluttershy and Rainbow Dash, they were writing an impressive selection of original songs.

After the morning break, it had been announced that tonight's concert format would be returning to the original musical showcase plan. The only change was the Rainbooms would be doing the sound tests and more importantly, the closing performance. I had delivered their instruments to the amphitheater while they went to Rarity’s to eat dinner and put their costumes on. The only reason I hadn’t gone to join them for dinner was so I could duck to the mall and pick up a new phone. It wasn’t anything super fancy but it would work with the sim card from my broken one.

There was still no contact from the Dazzlings but as Adagio suggested, I wasn’t going to hold my breath. I just hoped I had done enough to help them and possibly convince them.

It’ll never feel like enough, Silver.
I know Spark. We did what we could.
Exactly. Oh, I think I hear Pinkie giggling.

I couldn’t hear anything out of the ordinary of course but that wasn’t unusual. Spark seemed to make better use of my human hearing, even when we weren’t ponied up. I took a deep breath and relaxed in preparation. Sure enough, a moment later I felt a hand brushing against my cheek and then a finger bopped me on the nose. I calmly opened my eyes and found a pair of familiar aquamarine orbs gazing back at me. I took the offending finger that was still pressed against my nose in my hand, pulled it down and kissed the tip of it, making her laugh quietly.

“Hey there,” I whispered.

Sunset turned and sat down next to me while the other girls walked up on to the stage to prepare their instruments. They gave us several side glances as they walked past and there were broad grins on their faces. She slipped the journal and a pen out of her backpack. She was wearing her favorite purple shirt and orange skirt with her cutie mark on it but they were still coated in sparkles from last night.

“You're not nearly as fun when you hear me coming,” she said, opening the journal to a blank page and setting it down on our laps.

“Technically, Spark heard Pinkie giggling which gave your arrival away,” I said with a chuckle. “He didn't hear you approaching, which is impressive. That’s quite a change to the normal appearance of your clothes.”

She looked down at her outfit and laughed. “Apparently magical sparkles don’t come out in the wash. Looks like this is going to be my stage outfit for now. Rarity is an amazing designer but even she couldn't put something that nice together in one day. Speak of which, she has also offered to help me find some new casual clothing. Think you could face spending a few hours watching your new girlfriend try on clothes?”

“I think I could handle that,” I replied, pleased that Rarity had convinced her. “I'll just bring a book to read and help avoid fulfilling the 'bored boyfriend holding the purse' stereotype.”

She smirked. “But you will hold my purse, right?”

“Yeah, I will. I just won't be bored,” I replied with a grin on my face.

“Lovely,” she replied. “Too bad you couldn't keep us company while we got ready.”

“Next time for sure. I really needed to replace my cell phone. I'm going to be getting my welding business up and running soon. Plus I'm still hoping we'll hear from the Dazzlings.”

“Hope your work doesn't cut into our time together too much,” Sunset replied while grinning. “I want to send a message to Twilight before the concert starts. Care to join me?”

I nodded and watched as she began to write in the journal using a red pen.

Dear Twilight,
Missing you already. I think things are finally starting to take a turn for the better for me here at Canterlot High. Silver is sitting beside me as I write this and says 'hi' as well. I still have a lot to learn about friendship and I think Silver could occasionally use a bit of guidance as well. We'll keep you posted on magical developments here and I hope you don’t mind if we write to you for advice when we need it.

Also, don't hesitate to contact us if you need to talk. It's the least we can do considering what you've done to help the two of us. As Silver said a few days back, a whole different world is only a few short steps away. Take care!

Your friends, Sunset Shimmer & Silver Spark

“Nice, I like it. You’re probably not far off the mark about me needing guidance,” I muttered. “Hey, how long did it take you to learn how to write with hands? I noticed Twilight uses her mouth more often than not.”

Sunset rolled her eyes. “It took weeks to get myself sorted out to an elementary school level. Ponies have contact telekinesis but pony mouths are far more dexterous. Hands don't work nearly the same way.”

“I suppose not,” I replied. “Any requests for our first official date or should I surprise you?”

Sunset grinned, “I like surprises on occasion. Just not for important -”

“Sunset!” Dash shouted. “You ready?”

Sunset jumped up to her feet and grabbed her guitar. I stood up while as she rushed out onto the stage. Then I walked down to the seating area so I could watch.

“Ready!”

I walked out into the amphitheater to watch them play for the sound test while I enjoyed the last vestiges of the evening sun shining on my back. It was pretty close to a private performance and the joy on their faces while they sang and played on the stage was a true joy.

Then I felt a cold shadow as someone moved in behind me. I turned around startled but relaxed when I saw it was the three Diamond Dogs. They stepped over and sat down on the bench next to me. I nodded at them politely.

“Hey guys, how are you feeling?” I asked.

“Ok now,” said Rover. “Glad to be back to normal. Also glad we didn't hurt anyone. Thank you for helping us get better last night.”

“It was mostly the girls who . . .”

Spot put up his hand to stop me. “Yes, they all save us from the crazy fish monsters and we thank them earlier. But you helped too, so we say 'thank you' to you as well.”

“We saw you with them at the end of the song with the crazy lights and magic stuff. Was hard to tell but did you really have wings?” Fido asked in a curious voice.

I saw no reason to lie to these three. “Yes, I did. Being up there was an experience I'll never forget.”

Rover looked puzzled. “Why aren't you up there with them now?”

That question made me laugh out loud. “Normally, I can't carry a tune in a bucket, Rover and I never learned to play an instrument. Don't ask me how I managed to sing with them last night. I suppose the magic helped me along at the time but I'll pass of torturing the student body with my awful singing. I'll stick with my strengths.”

An annoyingly familiar voice piped up behind me. “Well, I suppose that's something at least.”

We all turned around and found Flash Sentry standing there behind us. His guitar case was slung over his shoulder and he was dressed in his usual leather jacket. Oddly, his expression wasn't angry while he looked down at me, just annoyed and somewhat lost. He rubbed the back of his head nervously when he saw my suspicious expression.

“Sorry to interrupt,” he said. “Could I have a private word with you Silver?”

I looked over at Rover who grinned up at Flash showing lots of teeth. He held up his fist to me. “We are here if there is trouble.”

I stood up and bumped Rover’s fist before walking with Flash down beside the stage where we were still visible. The girls continued their sound test but I was distracted. I was a bit curious about what he wanted but I was also wary. We had yet to have a positive interaction so I wasn't holding my breath.

“Well, what is it?” I asked curtly.

“What did you say to Twilight before the concert yesterday?” he asked sharply.

I rolled my eyes at him. “Seriously? Are you still on about that BS? If you must know, I hardly had a chance to talk to her this week until last night after the concert. She was way too busy sorting out the Dazzlings.”

Flash stared at me. “Really. What happened last night?”

I felt a flash of anger about these questioning. “For Luna's sake Flash, that is none of your business and it never will be. Last chance: what do you want?”

Strangely, he looked worried about my response. “So you really didn’t say anything to Twilight about me?”

“Umm no,” I responded, tired of the veiled accusations. “You’re just another Trixie or Gilda as far as I’m concerned. Just like the other bullies I endure, you are not worth my time. Especially not the few precious hours I got to spend actually talking with Twilight. We’re done here.”

I spun around and started to walk way. I wasn’t planning on listening to any more of his crap but his next words were quite pitiful and he sounded oddly contrite.

“I really screwed up, didn’t I? It was all me.”

I turned back to him, not feeling particularly generous even upon seeing his now downcast face. “I have no idea and I truly don’t care. For my part, you’ve treated me like trash simply for trying to hang out with the few people I can honestly call my friends. You’re going to have to look elsewhere for sympathy or to cast blame for whatever happened when you spoke with Twilight.”

“I suppose I deserve that,” Flash replied. “For what it’s worth, I’m sorry.”

“It's a start I guess,” I said with an irritated sigh.

He didn’t look surprised by my answer but his expression became one of curiosity. “Is what I heard is true? Are you actually dating Sunset Shimmer?”

“Yes, I am,” I replied without hesitation, bracing myself for the angry ex-boyfriend.

Instead, Flash almost seemed to smile for a moment. “Could you tell her I apologize for my behavior last night? I said some things I really shouldn't have.”

Anger flared briefly as I remembered him stabbing Sunset with her mistakes during their relationship but I somehow kept myself under control. “I will tell her you to want to speak with her. You're going to have to tell her your apology yourself. It's what she deserves.”

“I can do that,” he said nodding. "Thank you."

I felt a small twinge of irritation again. “Ok. I need to go. I'll deliver your message.”

With that, I turned and walked away without another word.

A bit harsh don’t you think?
No. No, I don’t Spark.
Why?
I don't trust him.
That's no excuse for being a dick.
I suppose. What goes around comes around, though.
You know you just treated him worse than the Sirens, right? He didn't try to kill you.
Arrgh. I don't know. He's just so, so . . . I don't know but he drives me nuts.
We need to stop letting him make us this angry.

I took several deep breaths to try and calm myself down. Spark was right. Nobody seemed to make me loose my cool the way Flash Sentry did and I needed to figure why so I could stay calm in the future. That was a problem for another day since I had a job to do. The amphitheater was going to fill up soon and then the concert would start.


The concert was awesome. Everyone got a chance to show their best and for me, it was finally a chance to see what kind of musical talent there was at Canterlot High. I have to say, it ranged from bizarre to impressive but I enjoyed every moment. I hated to admit it, but even Flash’s band was pretty solid. The Rainbooms stole the show in the end though, especially when they finished with a rendition of the song Fluttershy wrote at the sleepover. She called it Shine like Rainbows and it was my personal favorite of the show. It was a wonderfully upbeat song and I was enjoying every moment of it. Once the Rainbooms finished their performance I waited with the video camera while the crowds cleared out.

Sunset was the first to come up and find me. I stood up to meet her and picked her up into a huge hug. She squeaked with surprise when her feet left the ground but wrapped her arms around my shoulders. I held her for a moment before gently putting her back on her feet.

“You all sounded great!” I exclaimed as the other girls walked up.

“That was so awesome! We have to do that again,” Dash said enthusiastically.

“That sounds like a lovely idea darling,” Rarity said, letting out a yawn. “I’m glad we got all that awful business sorted out. Now I must get home. It’s been an awfully busy week and I think a normal night would benefit us all.”

“Yuppers!” Pinkie said as she hopped from one foot to the other, twitching with barely controlled energy. “I’m exhausted!”

I handed off the memory card to Vinyl so she could play around with making a music video. Then we all said our goodbyes before everyone headed out to meet their families except for Sunset and Fluttershy.

“Ummm, could I get a ride home, Silver?” Fluttershy asked quietly. "If it's not to much trouble that is."

Sunset bumped my shoulder with hers as we started walking towards where we parked. “I need to head home but I'm on my motorbike. Would you mind if I put my guitar in your car?”

“Yes, and yes,” I replied. “No problem at all ladies.”

"Thanks, Silver. Oh, what did Flash want with you when we were doing the sound check?"

I felt a flash of anger at the mention of his name but I beat it down with great prejudice before responding. "I think he might have finally realized that I actually wasn't sabotaging his non-existent relationship with Twilight. Also, he would like to talk to you at some point Sunset."

"Do you think I should talk to him?" she asked in a skeptical voice. "I wouldn't have hesitated a few weeks ago, but he's acting awfully weird lately."

"Actually yes. I think you do need to hear what he wants to say."

Sunset nodded, "I'll trust your judgment on this. Guess we'll find out on Monday. My bike is parked over in the other lot so this is where I have to leave you."

I gave Sunset a long hug before taking her guitar. “I'll text you when I get home.”

“I look forward to it. Goodnight Silver.”


Fluttershy seemed terribly nervous as we settled into my car for the drive home. By the time I got the car started she was shaking terribly and her face was drawn. I was worried she was actually going to faint so I put my hand on her shoulder.

“Are you ok Fluttershy?” I whispered.

She let out a yelp at the contact and cringed away. I pulled my hand away like I had been burned and sighed. I was beginning to worry that she might have decided I was dangerous. On the other hand, she had asked me for a ride home, so I was completely confused.

“I’m sorry I scared you, Fluttershy,” I said sadly. “I’ll take you home.”

The streets were as quiet as we drove through Canterlot. Night had fallen and the sky was beginning to cloud over. We didn't speak while Fluttershy took several long breaths to calm down. I was surprised when she spoke again in a tiny voice.

“Silver . . . can I ask you something?”

“Anything Fluttershy.”

“What is Spark like?”

I glanced over at her. She looked like she was trying to shrink in her seat and disappear. That was an interesting question that I hadn't really considered. Fortunately, I had the pony in question right with me.

“As far as appearance, he’s a pony with dark blue fur with the same tone my skin, a brown mane with a gray streak and bat wings like mine,” I said. “His withers reach my waist and his head is usually around my chest height. As for personality, he’s a lot like me but he seems to be getting more confident and outgoing. I'm quite content to think of him as my brother.”

Anything you want to add?
Tell her I enjoy being scratched behind my ears.

“Seriously?” I exclaimed.

You said that out loud.
Crap.

Fluttershy looked concerned about my outburst. “You ok?”

I shook my head smiled weakly. “Spark just caught me off guard. He wants me to tell you he likes scratches behind his ears.”

She actually let out a surprised giggle at that. “Really? There’s really another person in there with you?”

“Pretty much, yeah.”

Fluttershy was quiet for a few minutes as we drove towards her house. Her next question came out as barely a whisper.

“Could you two help me with my nightmares?”

“I’m sorry, I didn’t –“

She wants help with her nightmares.
Oh. Thank you.

I cleared my throat and started again. “You sure you’re ok with us visiting your dreams? Assuming we can find our way?”

Fluttershy nodded and we drove onward in silence for a bit longer.

“I’m scared,” she finally whispered. “That's why I'm jumpy. I'm worried something else magical is going to show up and it's going to hurt someone before we can stop it. I'm curious about your brother and I do have awful nightmares sometimes but everything has gotten so strange. ”

“Yeah,” I replied. “Normal went out the window when Twilight showed up, didn’t it? No complaints here, though, I wound up with a bunch of wonderful friends when all was said and done.”

Fluttershy nodded. “I’m so happy to have my friends back, and it's even better having you and Sunset as friends too. You two are so sweet together. I just wish all this amazing magic wasn't so frightening.”

We pulled up in front of her home and I put my hand on hers reassuringly. “Yes, it has been scary but you’ve been incredibly brave.”

“I’m not brave,” she whispered. “I'm jumping and squeaking at every little poke tonight. I worry all the time.”

“Bravery isn’t an absence of fear Fluttershy,” I said gently. “I’m frightened all the time as well. My mind is changing in ways I don't understand and so many dangerous things have happened to us lately. I can't let that fear immobilize me. All I can do is step onwards and act when I am able. Bravery is carrying on and doing what you have to do in spite of the fear. You’re braver than anybody else in our group as far as I’m concerned.”

“Really?”

“Really, really,” I replied, smiling. “You've been there for your friends every time it mattered since I met you Fluttershy. You have a good sleep and try to have sweet dreams. We’ll do our best to find you if we can.”

She hopped out of the car. “Goodnight Silver,” she whispered before walking over to her house.

I leaned on the steering wheel while she walked in. My heart was racing for some reason and I wasn’t sure if it was from fear or relief. I didn't have any time to consider the situation. It was time to go home and get a proper sleep.


When I pulled up my driveway at my home the house was dark. I grabbed Sunset's guitar and took it into the house with me so it would be safe. I was half bracing myself for another surprise when I walked in but the house was quiet. I didn't waste any time, I just went up to my room, got in my pajamas and slid into bed. I pulled out my phone and fired off a text to Sunset.

10:50 pm - Hi Sunset. Fluttershy's dropped off and I'm home.

10:52 pm - Hey Silver. Miss you already

10:53 pm - Miss you too. It's kind of lonely here after last night.

10:54 pm - Same. :-( Hugs for you!

10:55 pm - Thanks! Back atcha.

10:58 pm - :-D So how is Fluttershy? She looked like she wanted to talk.

10:59 pm - She asked me to help with her nightmares.

11:01 pm – Nice, that's two people to look for. Anybody else talked to you?

11:03 pm - Only Rarity. She's decided I should stay away for now.

11:04 pm – Fair enough. It's her right. [color]

11:06 pm - Yeah, she seemed unhappy, though. Oh, are you busy Sunday?

11:07 pm - Not yet. What did you have in mind?

11:08 pm – It'll be a surprise assuming you're up for an adventure?

11:10 pm - Ooh, interesting. What time?

11:12 pm – Pick you up around 8 in the morning at your place? I'll need the address tho.

11:13 pm - That early? How about I meet you at the Sweet Shoppe. I'll pick up some coffee and cinnamon buns for the road.

11:14 pm – I approve of this plan. Make sure to wear something warm and a pair of old shoes. Also, you should bring a change of clothes just in case.

11:15 pm - Intriguing. Now I'm really curious.

11:15 pm – You'll see. ;-) Sweet dreams.

11:17 pm - You too. Hope you find me. Stay safe.

11:18 pm – I'll do my best. Night.

I put my phone down and stared at the ceiling. The idea for Sunday had just popped into my head at the last minute. I hoped she would enjoy this plan since it was a bit risky for a first date. On the other hand, our relationship wasn't going to be exactly normal so I wanted this to be memorable. Life was too short for worries and I was feeling terribly mortal after this past week. By my count, I was up to at least five incidents where I could have died in the past two months.

Que Sera, Sera Silver. Just breath, we can't live in fear.
Thank you for being the voice of reason Spark.
I try. Someone has to.
Let's get some sleep.

Author's Note:

Well, this is the first full slice of life chapter in a while and a chance for everyone to reflect on what's happened over the past weeks. I'd like to think it's much lighter than the other recent chapters.

Hope you enjoyed it!

PreviousChapters Next