• Published 28th Aug 2016
  • 1,913 Views, 27 Comments

Before the Solar - typervader



I'm not sure how I ended up here, but I traveled to the past. I never knew how unpeaceful the past is compared to when we live. I can't reavel that I'm an alicorn, and I have to find a way to get back to my time. But, that is easier said then done.

  • ...
2
 27
 1,913

A new time and a new world

I slowly awoke from, what I could imagine, being unconsciouses. Not sure how I got this way, but I decided to try and sit up and take a look around. However, my head was aching and my legs were sore.

"Ugh." I weakly said, shaking my head. I tried to take a look around, but my vision was blurry and I was unable to hear well. From what I could see, it was a forest. The forest itself didn't seem like one I knew, but it was still hard for me to see. I tried to stand up, doing it very slowly.
I was in pain, and was wondering how I got here.

"First things first, find out where I am." I thought to myself. I waited until my vision returned. Once my vision returned enough to see, I looked around and saw the forest I was in. It was a forest that was blanketed with trees and I wasn't able to see the sky. It was quiet with no sound, and it smells like wood and leaves. It didn't look like a forest I've seen, but it was dark and hard to tell.

"First thing's first Twilight. Find a landmark." I told myself out-loud. I started to walk, trying to find a path to follow, with no luck. I kept walking, trying to remember what happened. I'm just guessing I got here due to something happening, perhaps a prank from Pinkie? My memory was really hazy, and all I see is a bright flash of light, then nothing. I continued to walk until I saw light, which I assumed was the end of the forest.

"Thank Celestia", I said under my breath. As I walked towards the end of the forest, my hope was shattered. What I saw, I didn't recognize any of it. At first I thought I was in the Everfree forest, but I realized that this wasn't it. The landmarks were all wrong! I've never seen any of these! I started to panic and hyperventilate. No, this can't be. Where am I? I didn't see this place on any of the maps. Something was very wrong. I then slapped myself.

"Calm down Sparkle! Think logically. There has to be a reason for this!" I told myself. I manged to calm down enough to try and think about where I was. However, before I could continue thinking, I noticed a small village. This village was not like any I've seen before. It was very old and rustic, and the buildings were much different then I've seen. It looked, old and out of place, like it was out of time. Maybe who ever lived in this village could point me to where I needed to go. I begun to walk towards the village, hoping to finally get some answers.

The area around the village was covered with grass on a plains, and I could see the forest I came out of behind me. Something about this place looked familiar, but very different at the same time. I saw a sign outside the village. It said, 'Aeston'. That must be the name of this village. I entered Aeston, and I saw ponies of all kinds. However, the clothing they were wearing was, strange. It was made of what I thought was cloth, metal, and a bit of other kinds of fabric. I entered the town, but then I realized how bad of an idea that was.

"Why is everyone starting at me?" I thought to myself. They were looking at me as if they have never seen an alicorn before. And then it hit me.

"What if this village is isolated and they never seen an alicorn?" I thought to myself again. Just then, I saw what I assumed were guards walking towards me.

"Buck!" I said and I started to run. They begun to chase after me. \

"What did I do! Why am I being chased by guards? Do they not know who I am?" I questioned while I ran. Maybe it was because I was an alicorn and in a strange town? I begun to look at several signs and I wasn't able to read half of them. I kept running, ducking into an alley way. I hide and saw the guards run past, giving me a short break. I looked on the ground, and saw what appeared to be a newspaper. I wasn't able to read all the words, but one thing caught my eye, a date. It wasn't the right year. As a matter of face, it was over three thousand years before Celestia's reign!

"But, how? What? How did I get here. This can't be right?" I said, starting at the date, hoping my eyes were playing tricks on me. To my dismay, it was the truth. I have no idea how I ended up so far back, but it would make sense. The landmarks being wrong, the village looking so old, and being chased by guards for being an alicorn. I needed to get some of my priorities straight. I needed to hide the fact i'm an alicorn if I wanted to get any where without being chased. So, while inside the alley I was in, I looked around for something to cover my wings. The only thing I saw was an old cloak sitting on the ground. It was raggy and old, but also had a hood to cover my face. I quickly put on the old thing and left the alley. There were still guards all over the place, so I kept hidden and kept walking. It was slowly becoming night, which, without the princesses controlling the moon, I had no idea how. But I needed to find a place to sleep. I knew I didn't have any money, but I found a small bridge that I went under for the night. The underside had a small stick, about walking size, and several old boxes and rags.

I used the old boxes and rags to make a bad, and I decided I would take this stick with me in order to blend in with my disguise better. I begun to fall asleep, as I knew I would need the energy. I had a very long day beginning tomorrow, and I wasn't sure what was going to happen.

Author's Note:

Here it is! I remade the story, and rewrote it! What do you all think?