• Published 28th Aug 2016
  • 34,389 Views, 1,210 Comments

The Boopening - MaxBeezy



I get caught booping Queen Chrysalis.

  • ...
47
 1,210
 34,389

Booping The New Year

I hate waking up alone in the morning.

Chrysalis and I have been together for the past few months, and every time we spend the night together, I always wake up alone. Sure, she leaves a nice card, with lovely words and her lipstick markings at the end, but seeing her wake up alongside me has somehow become something to add to my bucket list. In fact, ever since coming to Equestria, a lot of things have been crossed off my personal bucket list.

Visit an unknown world. Meet aliens. Fall in love. Have a stalker. Wait, that’s not on my bucket list. Who’s been adding things to my bucket list? Probably Chrysalis, that silly mare.

I suppose that last one did come true, since Ms. Harshwhinny did have that stalker phase. She stopped doing that, though, ever since Chrysalis, on our five month anniversary, brought her over for some surprise nightly activities.

We played Cards Against Equestria, and watched some movies. That’s about it. Nothing else. I swear. Fine, don’t believe me.

Anyway, back to my current situation; it’s New Year’s Eve, and I would have liked that Chrysalis was here, so that we could spend the whole day together. After all, I’m going to be attending the New Years’ Grand Galloping Gala at Canterlot, and I would like to have her accompany me. She might be there tonight, but having her with me all day would be even better. Guess I could use this time to focus on my other job.

Aside from helping out wherever I can, such as the newspaper publications, to tasks at Canterlot, to even my own research just for kicks, I’ve managed to make being a Booper my job. Incidentally, I couldn’t just build a booping station, and ask for bits, I first had to go to the rulers of Equestria to ask permission. Celestia and Luna automatically said yes, much to my surprise. I do feel bad for the others who have their proposed jobs rejected, but I don’t know of anyone who did have their jobs rejected, so maybe I shouldn’t feel so bad.

While I do take personal requests, such as stopping by the Dragon Lands to help Dragon Lord Ember, or Carousel Boutique to service Rarity, as she feels that public booping might tarnish her image, my workstation resides at the Ponyville Market, alongside the other services that ponies offer. It can feel a bit odd, being alongside the workers. While they sell trinkets and books, I sell nose prods and light petting, depending on how much the pony pays.

Five bits for ten boops. Ten for twenty. Twenty for twenty boops and petting. It’s a lucrative business. I’m quite rich now. I give some of my earnings to various charities, as really, I make way too much. Chrysalis came up with the rates. I make over a thousand bits a day. Every two months, I have to pay one hundred bits for house mortgage! Equestria is one of the cheapest places to live.

I go into the market, greeting the other ponies who are setting up for the day. I see signs everywhere, announcing New Year’s Eve sales. That’s not a bad idea. I quickly get a marker and some paper, and write down fifty percent off on all booping services. When I get to my stand, I already see a line of ponies waiting for me. Mostly mares, but there are some stallions there, too. Many of them are returning customers. Berry Punch, Roseluck, Lyra, Bon-Bon, even Ditzy Doo, who has overcome her tendency to sneeze when I boop her. It took a couple tries, and some rebuilt stands, but she is now able to get to twenty boops before her muzzle starts to twitch. Stallions such as Big Macintosh and Doctor Whooves are here, too. Doctor Whooves. I’m certain that Equestia is messing with me at this point.

“Hi everyone.” I wave to the ponies at my stand. They wave back.

“Hello.” A wave of voices emerge from the line.

“Since it’s a holiday, I have special pricing for today.” I place the sign down, and I see the eyes of the ponies go wide, along with their smiles. “Use the extra money to get something for that special somepony.”

“I want the petting!” Lyra shouts.

“Me too!” says Roseluck.

“ME! ME! ME!” goes the crowd. Looks like it’s going to be quite a lucrative day.


The line goes slower than usual, due to the ponies wanting the full treatment. It goes by even slower, as more and more ponies are showing up. When I think I’m heading to the end, more arrive; more than half are repeat customers that I already serviced earlier in the day. Don’t get me wrong, I’m not complaining in the slightest. Seeing all the cute ponies having different reactions when I boop them, well, it makes me smile more than anyone would want to admit. Roseluck likes to coo and swoon, Lyra opens her mouth with her tongue hanging out, which only exacerbates things when I start petting her, while Trixie wobbles about; trying to avoid a situation like when I first booped her, and she fell down in a sleeping heap.

Ms. Harshwinny also arrives. On time, too. Every other day, she arrives at one o’clock in the afternoon, the lunch hour, for her booping and petting. She places the bag of twenty bits on the table.

“No need, Ms. Harshwhinny.” I say “It’s half off, today.”

“Keep it.” she says in that snooty attitude, even though she’s being shockingly generous. “As an apology for being so…needy.”

“Aw, you don’t have to do that.” I say. I hide the fact that she would have to do more than that to make me forgive her for all the stalky-ness. Truthfully, though, I don’t have harbor any hard feelings for it. It’s pretty funny on retrospect, and she’s been very respectful when she hangs out with Chrysalis and I.

“I insist.” she nods with a harumph.

“Well…if you say so.” I playfully respond, getting to the booping. Ms. Harshwhinny has the same response that she’s always had. Every time I boop her, she scoffs and harumphs, even though I know she’s enjoying this quite a bit. After I’m done with the petting, she pauses for a few moments, snorts, nods, and goes on her way.

I’ll see you later, Ms. Harshwhinny.


The early evening approaches, and I perform my last boop. It's Pinkie Pie, who comes down every week or so for my services. She may not look it, but there are days where she looks quite frazzled, Whenever I boop her nose, it sounds weirdly like a clown horn. I asked her why it does that, but she simply shrugs and sings a doodle as she hops away, satisfied with the result. Pinkie will always be a mystery to me.

I go home and get ready for the Gala. I put on a nice black tuxedo that Rarity made for me. I offered to pay for the suit, but Rarity said that the boops were the payment. Next tux or clothes that she makes for me, I’ll definitely pay her. The fabric she uses is nice and comfortable; warm without feeling hot, and snug but not tight. No knock on the door. No Chrysalis. Is she even going to come tonight? It’ll be awful lonely without her, even in the company of some nice ponies.

With a hop, skip, and a jump, I get to the train station on time to take the early train to Canterlot. Inside are other ponies all dressed up for the occasion, greeting me as I take my seat.

Such a cozy train. Back in my world, the trains are bustling with people who take up seats with their bags, purses, or spreading their legs way too wide. Here, well…it’s kind of the same. The similarity is pretty amusing.

“Excuse me.” a familiar droll voice says to me as I’m looking out the window. “May I sit next to you?” I turn to see Maud Pie, in a simple grey dress, staring at me with a small smile. I smile back, of course.

“Sure.” I pat the seat next to me. She sits down, looking back at me once she adjusts. “You look great.” I say.

“It’s just something I got from my closet.” she pats at her dress. “I don’t usually doll myself up for these things.”

“Still, the minimalist style suits you.” I smirk. “I haven’t seen you in a while. Usually, you come by every Wednesday for booping at my stand.”

“I was doing some research on rocks. I found some igneous rocks at the Dragon Lands, and the insides are REALLY intense.” her eyes widen slightly at the word “really.” It’s pretty adorable. “I’m sorry I couldn’t make my usual appointment. I’ll come by twice next week.”

“It’s fine.” I nod and pat her on the shoulder “No need to apologize.”

“So, I hear that you’re with the Changeling Queen. How is that?”

“It’s great. Chrysalis and I have been doing very well.”

“And, how about the mating?” she asks in a matter-of-fact tone.

If I was drinking something, I’d probably be doing a spit take at that question. Instead, I gulp some saliva down. Do I tell her how it’s going? I mean, I really shouldn’t. My mouth really wants to let loose with what has gone down these past couple months, but there are foals on this train!

“It’s…” I lean over to Maud’s ear. I whisper “It’s good.”

“I’m glad to hear it.” she whispers back in understanding. “Does she transform?”

“No. She’s offered, but I like to keep her as is.”

“You should try it out. See what happens.” Wow, Maud. That’s a bit lewd, coming from you. Then again, you did chase me around Ponyville for some mating of your own, so maybe saying this isn’t completely out of the ordinary.

“I’ll keep it in mind.” I chuckle.


The train makes it to Canterlot, and we all spill out towards the castle. The way the castle is decorated, it’s like walking into a high class party, or a movie premiere. There are spectators, and reporters on the scene. There’s a few that spot me, asking for an interview, but I’m not good with cameras and I rush into the castle, past Royal Guards who are nice enough to block off the reporters' path.

Inside, stands Princess Celestia and Princess Luna at the top of the stairs, greeting a line of ponies waiting to see them. One by one, they hello, and they bow or shake their hooves. I stand in line, and eventually, I get my turn. Their eyes sparkle just a little bit upon seeing me. I bow to them.

“It’s so nice of you to join us.” Celestia says. “You look quite nice, this evening.”

“As do you. Both of you.” I nod to Luna.

“Will Chrysalis be joining you, tonight?” Luna asks.

“I don’t know. I hope so.”

“Us, too.” Celestia nods with a smirk. “By the way, before you leave…” Celestia leans foward, sticking her muzzle out. Oh, I see. I boop her on the muzzle. She laughs at the touch. “Thank you.”

“No problem.” I then boop Luna. “For you, as well.”

“B-But, I didn’t ask.” Luna says with a blush.

“You were thinking it, though.”

Luna opens her mouths to speak, but closes it, responding with an affirmative nod. I knew it. I then move on to the ballroom, where I see other ponies enter. From here, I can hear the band inside, playing classical music. This really is a classy party.


I walk inside into the beautiful and expansive ball room. I didn’t get to see this place when I last visited. Then again, I was too much in a rush, as the last time I came to the castle, was when I asked Celestia for help in finding Chrysalis. I look over to the left to see other ponies from Ponyville here, include Maud, who’s chatting it up with a stallion. Hope he takes well to her voice. He has a smile on his face, so it could be looking good. Twilight sits at her table, along with her arsonist friend Spike, talking with Applejack and Rainbow Dash. The three turn to look at me, and wave with enthusiasm. I wave back. Applejack winks affectionately at me. I'm flattered, but no thanks. I respond with a nervous chuckle, before moving on.

Over at the hors d'oeuvres table is Discord talking with Rarity. Attached to his torso is a snazzily dressed Fluttershy. Her cheek is grazing against his fluff, and he pats the top of her head. His eyes glance up at me, and we lock for a good couple of seconds, acknowledging each other. He gives me the thumbs up with his lion paw, and I return the favor by giving him the thumbs up with my regular human hand. Looks like things are coming up Discord for them.

Everything looks fantastic. Except…it’s missing one thing that would be perfect.

As I take a couple of extra steps into the ballroom, the music slowly goes out, and all eyes turn towards me. I stop in my tracks. Uh-oh. Have they all heard about my booping, and they want a shot at it? Now’s not the time, guys and girls. I just want to enjoy myself.

Wait a second, they’re not looking at me. They’re looking at something behind me. Their mouths are open in amazement. Whatever is behind me must be magnificent. The music gradually comes on again. This time, it’s more romantic in tone.

“Ahem.” an all too familiar voice says behind me.

Oh my god. Is it…?

I turn around slowly, making myself wait out in anticipation like those extremely cheesy romance movies where the lonely person realizes that their love is right behind them. Man, I’m really thinking about cheesy romance movies lately.

I fully turn around, and I see her. Queen Chrysalis. Wearing a shiny black dress, with small emeralds spread out around it. Her necklace is also an emerald, which shines brighter than any necklace I’ve seen tonight. Her hair is shiny and slick, and covers her left eye like she’s a super model. She’s staring at me with such a wonderfully beautiful expression, that I feel like grabbing her and kissing her right then and there, but I must control myself. We are in a public place, after all.

“Chrysalis…you look…fantastic.” my eyes scan her up and down. Now I’m doing what other ponies were doing with me during my first few months.

“You clean up good, yourself.” she smiles. “If you don’t mind, I would very much like to try dancing with you.”

Chrysalis walks past me, heading to the dance floor, where other ponies are already slow dancing. A couple of them look at Chrysalis, no doubt admiring her beauty, before going back to dancing. I go up to her, and place a hand on the side of her neck, while the other is on her shoulder. Slowly, we move side to side. I’m being careful not to step on her hooves, while I can see she’s trying not to step on my feet.

“I missed you, today,” I say.

“Sorry. I was a little busy.”

“Being with your army?”

“No. Ever since Celestia publicly announced the truce between us, I told them to go wherever they pleased, while also telling them not to cause trouble, of course.” She chortles at the last part.

“Then…where were you?”

“Oh…I was right here…”

“In…Canterlot?” I ask in surprise. She was here this whole time? Those sneaky Princesses, they knew all along and didn’t tell me.

“I came by to ask them for help in getting me ready for tonight. They apparently got their best working on me. You…um…” she blushes cutely “…you don’t think they overdid it, do you?”

“No. Not at all. This is wonderful.”

“Good. I was worried that they put too much make up on me, and that you’d think this dress was too flashy.”

“Too flashy? It looks gorgeous. YOU look gorgeous.”

“There you go…” she blushes even harder now “…embarrassing me with such compliments.”

“I thought you like getting compliments.”

“I do…but this is different. This isn’t some random gawking pony. It’s…you. Someone I’m in a relationship with. Such compliments take on a whole new meaning, now. It makes me…want to kiss you, rather than smugly laugh.”

“You can do both, if it’ll make you feel better.”

Chrysalis pauses for a couple moments, then smiles, leaning down and kissing me softly on the lips. When she leans back, she laughs in that lovable smug satisfaction. I chuckle at her laugh. I wrap my arms around her, and bring her in for an embrace.

“Is everything okay?” Chrysalis wonders.

“Yeah. I’m just happy to see you.”

“So am I.” I feel her foreleg pat me on the back. “Do anything exciting when I was gone?”

“Just the usual booping stuff. Sold my booping services for half off. I still managed to make just as much as I do on normal days.”

“That’s how good it is.” I hear her purr “They like what you do.”

“I wonder what will happen when they get sick of it?”

“Don’t worry, honey. If they get sick of if, know that I won’t.”

“Thanks.” I chuckle. We dance in silence for a couple minutes. The song slowly ends, and another starts right up. Other ponies walk onto the dance floor with their respective partners, but Chrysalis and I stay where we are. Thoughts begin to pool into my head. About the future. About us. I have an idea. “Hey, Chrysalis?”

“Hmmm…?” she hums while resting her head on my shoulder.

“I was thinking about taking our relationship to the next level.”

“Next level?” she moves away from my shoulder “How many more levels can we go?”

“I was thinking. How would you feel about…living with me?”

A small silence between us. Chrysalis tilts her head to the side. I don’t know what she is thinking, but from the look on her face, she seems confused about the prospect. Oh, I hope I didn’t say anything wrong.

“You mean…living in Ponyville with you?”

“Yeah.”

“I…I don’t know…” she looks down. “That’s a pretty big commitment. After all, I do have my castle, and an army to look after, who may need my help at one point or another. Though I told them they can go as they please, they'll come a time where they'll return, asking for aid. If I live with you, then what would happen when my army comes into Ponyville? We may be at peace, but I doubt everypony would be happy to see a large swarm of changelings so suddenly.”

“You're right.” she makes a good point, even if I am a bit disappointed. “Sorry. I didn’t think about that.”

I put my head down to look at the floor, but then her foreleg comes under my chin, moving my gaze back up to her smiling face. I love her smile.

“Hey.” she coos. “Never say never. Things change. One day, Ponyville will be just fine with a changeling swarm bearing down on them." her tone makes me laugh, and she laughs with me. "Just not right now, okay?”

My heart skips a beat. Having her live with me would be amazing, but I know that she has such a big duty to uphold. Her words do give me hope that one day, she will agree to live with me. I look forward to that day.

Wait…hold on…

“What if I live with you?” I ask.

“You?” her eyes widen “Live with me? What about your job as a booper? I don’t want you walking every day to Ponyville.”

“I can be teleported.”

“Sweetheart. Your place is in Ponyville. Not at my castle. It’s kind of a death trap, if you’re not a changeling.”

“Yeah…ain't that the truth?” I chuckle, scratching the back of my head. “It took some maneuvering to get inside the dang thing with Flufflepuff.”

“I’ll tell you what, though.” she grins “You can come by any time you want. You can even…” she whispers into my ear “…stay the night.”

“I’d like that.” I whisper back to her. “I still need to do some research on your army.”

“You still do that?”

“Yeah. I may not be going back to earth, but I still want to do some research.”

“Well, do I have some tales for you, when you come by.” she chuckles. Chrysalis moves her hoof to my cheek. “Oh…I love you, so much.”

“I love you, too.”

“I’d like to absorb some of your love, but I fear I might scare some ponies.”

“Well…there’s always tonight.”

“Yes, but the question is…will I be able to control myself until then?”

“Guess we’ll find out.”


Hours pass, and Chrysalis manages to control herself from attempting to absorb my love in front of everyone. I could see the struggle on her face; I have so much love to give her, but the display would probably make everyone think she went back to her old ways, even though that I would be willing to have my love absorbed.

It’s almost midnight. The clock is moving closer to the target number. The ponies look up, counting down. Chrysalis and I stand side to side, looking up and counting down with them. We’re at one more minute.

“Hey…” Chrysalis says.

“What is it?”

“How about a boop? For old time’s sake?”

Thirty seconds.

“Sure.” I smile. “I think I can manage a boop.”

“Are you sure? You’re not tuckered out from your job?”

“Believe me, Chrysalis. I have more than enough booping energy for you.” I stand in front of her. “Ready?”

“Always.”

Ten seconds.

I boop Chrysalis on the nose.

Nine…

She giggles.

Eight…

I boop Chrysalis on the nose.

Seven…

She sticks her tongue out in playful glee.

Six…

I boop Chrysalis on the nose.

Five…

She giggles again.

Four.

I boop Chrysalis on the nose.

Three…

She giggles.

Two…

I boop Chrysalis on the nose.

One…

She leans forward, and our lips lock. The fireworks go off around us, bursting in the sky, no doubt making beautiful lights. But, that’s not important right now. What’s important is us. Only us. We have a whole year ahead of us, now. Who knows what it will bring? Probably more shenanigans with booping. Maybe marriage with Chrysalis. Maybe some potential world ending event that needs my help to solve. I don't know, but I look forward to whatever comes our way. I can't think about that, right now, though. I have a changeling Queen to spend some quality time with.

A lot has changed these past few months, and it’s been a long and strange journey. What started as a scary situation, soon became an odd but fascinating and amazing story. I met so many ponies, and, surprisingly enough, I fell in love with someone wonderful. If I could do it all over again, would there be anything I would do over?

Considering I’m happy where I am right at this very moment…hell no.

Happy New Year, Chrysalis.

Comments ( 118 )

Absolutely beautiful story bravo sir bravo !!

Wonderful. :pinkiehappy:

Awesome story man good job!

Figured this marked it complete. Good ending, and good timing.

easily the best rom com of the year!

Such a wonderful story.

Very nice. Good way to end a story. :pinkiehappy:

I didn't see The New Year's reaction to the booping? Where is it?

This is the first story that's actually intrigued me since about last month. And now it's over. And now I have to spend another month without a story that truly interests me. FFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU Solid 10/10.

Aww it over anyway great story man way to end it hope there could be a sequel soon :pinkiehappy:

No, scratch that; this is Graham's number out of 10.

OK, you boop ponies and they got various reactions. I wonder what will happen if you boop cat in Equestria?

This is living in my Favorites from now on.

That was a wonderful and a wonderful story. Glad to see the human (we won't get to know his name, though) and Chrysalis have a happy ending together. :heart: :twilightsmile: :pinkiehappy:

pinkie.mylittlefacewhen.com/media/f/img/mlfw9064-194.gif

7817448 Soooo.... Now that this story is marked as complete... When can we expect the sequel? :rainbowkiss:

I like it a vary good ending to this story.

this was good. funny and cute in equal portions balanced with some drama and the relationship that grows between the human and chryssi. hoping for a sequel to this. keep up the good work

Now that's a great start and end to the Story and Year!
Great job!:moustache:

This story was booping oo read ;)

I like it, make a sequel please

This is the end, then? Such a beautiful, sweet way to end this story. I agree with the others, though. A sequel is in order.

I'm waiting for the mature sequel " the other kind of booping"

Heheheh, awww, what an awesome end to this story man, nicely done!
Happy New Year folks!

7835128 "The Boopening II: The other kind of boop."

7835371 Hmm... I wonder if he'll be offering those services too...

A truley sweet chapter.

7835622 if he did, i would have to assume that chrysalis would be involved too.

Merry Boopsmas! :pinkiehappy:

7835371 The Boopening II: Electric Boopaloo

D'awwww, that was such a great ending. Sad to see it end, but it ended on a high note.

7836850 The Boopening II: Boop Harder

Celestia and Luna automatically said yes, much to my surprise.

I can just imagine them nodding rapidly at the same time :P

Have a happy new year

Dangfully cute. Kudos for that, good sir :twilightsmile:

So I'm guessing will never know what happened to the other humans, shame, that would have made an interesting story arc. :fluttershysad:

Now I'm sad. :fluttercry: This is such a great story and I hate to see it end. Judging by the ending I hope you have plans for a sequel at some point in the future. :derpytongue2:

What a beautiful way to end this story. I had a smile on my face for the entirety of reading this chapter.

That Complete tag makes me sad though. Which means you did a great job in writing this story, since I want more, so much more.
Thank you for sharing this with us though, it's been wonderful :twilightsmile:

This Is beatiful, like many before me,i too had a smile fixed reading through this, love Chryssie, she deserves more love, but i fear what might happen to her in season 7

I loved the romance. BUT! You didn't close one of the threads! Just why did Chrysalis steal the ruby? If not for the villains and Daring Do that would have ended very badly!

It was a great ending!




Now we just wait for the saucy version...:trollestia:

7834181 Can I ask for a link to your avatar image please?

7840309

some people have, but I always have difficulty finding it, ill try again.

This was just too damn adorable, great story!

7834637 sequel sequel sequel sequel

There's something in my eye.
Shut up.

I am incredibly sad to see this story complete, I haven't felt like this many times, but this is a special occasion.
While I'm a bit late to the party, I'll just congratulate you on a new year and a fantastic story.

Login or register to comment