• Published 15th Jan 2017
  • 933 Views, 12 Comments

The Drake That Walked Through Oblivion - DracoBrony



When an ancient argonian adventurer dies he is reborn in his younger body in a unfamilar land and he must protect those that can't protect themselves. Sorry I suck at summaries.

  • ...
3
 12
 933

The Woes Of Death And Rebirth

Have you ever thought about death? If you have did you get a cold uneasy feeling like your mind can't comprehend its own non-existence? Well when faced with death one mind was ready to accept it, that mind belonged to a very old Argonian named Alexerius Galmus or as he liked to be called Alex. He lay on his bed surrounded by artifacts from his past and his loving children, everything was accounted for but then someone else showed up... Sheogorath the Daedric Prince of Madness. He silently walked over to the tired old mage and bent down to whisper in his ear.

"Well you old lizard you have quite a nice house though still not up to mine of course. Tell you what if you wish, I could send you on one last adventure for old times sake if you want though not in this world nor your current body no no no in your younger full of life magically imbued self. Remember all you need do is say the word." The Daedric Prince offered his voice hiding his true dark and twisted personality.

"Hahaha Well as tempting as that would be Sheo I think I've had enough adventure for one lifetime" Alexerius replied with a hearty laugh. He had been through so much when he was younger and full of youth, he could still remember the day Imperial Councilor Ocato had bestowed upon him the Imperial Dragon Armor which he only wore in either ceremonial occasions or very dire circumstances. For the most part he wore his blade armor that he gained after he escorted Martin and the former Grand-master Jauffre to Cloud Ruler Temple from Weynon Priory.

"Well you old lizard I am afraid you don't have much choice in the matter as that other reality will be in extreme danger quite soon and the Nine Divines have come to a conclusion that one from our world must be sent over to help so they sent me to get you" The prince of madness replied before snapping his fingers and causing the retired mage's body to glow an Ivory white. "Oh one more thing before you go. Say hello to Discord for me would you?" Before the he could say anything Alexerius's vision went black...


POV: Alex

With a groan I sat up in the middle of what appeared to be a meadow, my head pounding I looked around to see if the damn prince of madness had bothered to send me my equipment, which given the large enchanted sack behind me he had. Noticing I had my Blade armor on I used a detect life spell to see if I was near any sort of village or city, luckily I saw a large group of living creatures to the north and so I decided to head that way. Gathering my things I went over to the sack and reached in to see if I could find one of my weapons, looking around in the enchanted bag I noticed the hilt of a familiar sword and grabbed it immediately.

It was the hilt to a sword that had gotten me through some very hard battles back in the day, the blade looked like burnt flesh with a bit of molten rock mixed in it also pulsed with a red aura showing that it was heavily enchanted, it was one of my personal favorites the Daedric Claymore. Placing the sword on my back I began to walk towards the are I had sensed life...


After what seemed like hours of walking through dense forest I finally saw the town just a little ways away but before I could take another step I heard a low threatening grown behind me, turning around to face my opponent which turned out to be a large wooden creature resembling a wolf. Grabbing the claymore off my back I got into a battle stance before letting out a sort of hissing cry trying to intimidate the creature into leaving me alone. It didn't work and the timberwolf as I had taken to calling it lunged at me before getting beaten back by the sheer weight of the massive sword in my hands as I swung and gave the wolf a massive cut to it's side from which green blood began to ooze. Growling the timberwolf prepared to leap at me again only to be incinerated as I cast a fire spell at it because I was getting irritated and wanted to get to the town quicker and with that I put the claymore on my back once more and began to head towards the town once again.

When I got to said town it was deserted which was weird as I had just sensed life here a little bit ago but then again maybe they were just hiding I mean Sheogorath did say this was an alternate world so maybe the hadn't ever seen an Argonian before hell maybe the populace of this world were ponies, griffins, minotaurs and dragons I mean its an alternate world anything is possible and with that thought I set off to see if I could find someone to help me out, spotting what looked to be a town hall of some kind I decided to head there. As I got closer to the large building my sharp hearing picked up whispers coming from inside.

"Do you think that thing is one of Tirek's minions?" A distinctly female voice whispered to the others in the building, her voice a mix of fear and sadness. Tirek? Must be a tyrant of some kind. I thought to myself as I waltzed over to the door, cast a unlock spell and pushed it inwards. Now I had seen some pretty strange things in my days as an adventurer, from the realm of a literal prince of madness to a heir to a throne actually turn into a dragon then turning both himself and the daedric prince of destruction to stone, what I did not expect to see however was multicolored extremely large eyed ponies, even Sheogorath couldn't come up with something this random and he was the god of random for Akatosh's sake! So as soon as I saw said ponies I immediately burst out laughing on the spot confusing every single pony in the room.

"Hahahahahaha! Oh this is just to weird to be true! What's next is a giant evil centaur hoof gonna come crashing through the roof? Ahahahahah-" I was cut of by just that since apparently the nine divines have a sense of humor. Yes just as I registered the hoof coming down I immediately cast an extremely powerful shield spell to stop both the hoof and any debris that might harm them, as soon as the massive hoof slammed down on the shield there was a giant explosion that sent me and the about twenty ponies in the room flying out of the windows nearby and onto the ground.

Getting a look at the massive creature it had a black colored chest and a grey colored lower body, his arms were also red for whatever reason and he had a long light grey beard and hair, as well as two very large grey horns. Taking a moment to assess the situation I knew i had to get the townsfolk out of the way and unfortunately the best way to do that was for me to be bait. Turning around to face the ponies I told them to get way as fast as they could and that I would handle this big bastard. When we were all in agreement a ran over to the opposite side of the building and cast a Fingers Of The Mountain spell at it which hit the creature dead in the back of the head and barely even scratched it. The most I managed to do was piss it off, this thing had some of the strongest wards I had ever seen if it was able to take one of the most powerful destruction spells in the world.

"GRRRAHH! WHO DARES ATTACK THE MIGHTY TIREK!" The deeper voice confirming that this centaur was male though I kinda already figured that. As he turned to face me I did one of the stupidest things I could think of, I taunted him yes I the average height and weight Argonian taunted the forty foot tall evil magic centaur.

"HEY UGLY! WHY DON'T YOU FIGHT ME NORMAL SIZED ITS NOT FUN WHEN YOU CAN CRUSH ME WITH JUST A STEP NOW IS IT?" I shouted in as much of a voice that just comes across as fuck you as I could.

"Hmmm Puny creature you make an excellent point why don't I just shrink right now... DO YOU THINK I WAS BORN YESTERDAY YOU OVERGROWN LIZARD! He taunted right back at me. But he made one very big mistake which, was calling me an overgrown lizard, now I had been called many thing from the various racist people of the empire but overgrown lizard and mutated iguana were the ones that angered me the most though I was never sure why. Anyways after hearing that I dropped my head and reached into my enchanted sack to get my last resort (or just when ever I'm generally pissed off at someone)... The Imperial Dragon Armor which fasted itself to me thanks the the enchantments placed upon it. I also grabbed the most powerful weapon I had, a poisoned and heavily enchanted, Shadowrend.

The pitch black metal pulsed with a crimson red aura that when looked at made you feel like you were staring at death. With an almighty war cry I charged and using my sword like an ice pick I began to climb the gigantic centaur the blade poisoning with each stab I made. But before I could even get a quarter of the way up he shook me off and I landed in the remains of another building with an almighty THUD. Picking myself up I prepared to change tactics when I physically felt another being of extreme magic power heading this way, as such I did the only sensible thing to do... I panicked.

Something is very very wrong here no race no matter how naturally attuned to magic they are should be able hold this much power and I shouldn't even be able to sense this let alone physically feel any sort of magic presence at all. What in the name of Akatosh is going on here? I mentally screamed before the magic power became so much that darkness suddenly over took me.

Author's Note:

So what do you think? Not really sure what else to say so.

Comments ( 12 )

Shouldn't he be Sheogorath if the Shivering Isles were done? Also, is the old Argonian the Hero of Kvatch and the Dragonborn or just the former?

Instant like fave and follow for one reason I love argonians also I got a demon hybrid Pegasus whom your free to use if u want a sparring partner for alex

So interesting that I can't wait for maor of this. :twilightsmile:

~Locus Khan

7870267 its been a little bit since i played so if kavatch is oblivion then yes also hes not the dragonborn but in my story he met him/ traveled with him

7870267 hey its the prince of maddness so he does what he wants i guess/ fun way of saying i forgot about that

7870278 sweet i'll take a look at him

7871933 thanks! also two things sorry for responding late i have had a lot on my mind for the past few weeks and two is there anything in particular you would like to see come up in this story?

7944936 it's alright dude. Well, I want to see how he will meet the dragonborn later in the story and maybe some actions from the two hero.

~Locus Khan

Them comes more?

8594081
I am working on more yes, im coming out of a period where it was very dificult to write so it shouldn't be too much longer

Login or register to comment