• Published 27th Aug 2016
  • 4,386 Views, 60 Comments

Depression - ZombieBrony22



A new student comes to CHS, but is suffering severe depression. Can the Humane 6 find a way to bring him back to the light?

  • ...
16
 60
 4,386

Secrets

The school bells rang as students soon flooded the building. Sky entered last to avoid the large crowds he compared to the ones at Crystal Prep. He reached his locker as Fluttershy--or rather Flutterfly approached him.

"How was it?" She asked him.

"It was a one-time-thing." Sky bluntly answered.

"Hmm... I see. Well, let me know if that changes." Flutterfly was off to her class.

"Yeah, what's been with her lately? She seems... different." Flash said, approaching Sky.

"I'm not so sure. I've been meaning to ask her, but never got to it." Sky said.

The bell rang and Sky headed for his first class: Biology. That class was almost always a blur with Mr. Whooves lecturing for the whole class. By the time lunch came along, Sky was already tired, more so than usual.

Something felt wrong in Sky, it's been that way for a long time. He felt like his life was passing by and he never had a chance to be a part of it. Back at Crystal Prep he was treated like the lowest of classes (although he believed there were no social classes) and rejected by everybody. Most of all the Shadowbolts were always circling him like vultures, waiting to strike and mock him.

Rainbow Dash snapped him out of his train of thought.

"Hey, Sky? I, uh, I just wanted to apologize. You know, about the eye? I lost my temper, and that was not cool."

"It's alright. I understand what it's like attacking someone's ego." Sky said.

"No, it wasn't that. I was just... absorbed by what you said about everyone else. To be honest, you were right about me. I'm still trying to work out that feeling, but it's taking a while."

"Look, back there I just came in. I didn't know any of you like you know them." Sky said.

"What're you saying?" Rainbow asked.

"I'm saying... that I'm sorry. I was so blinded by rage that I didn't care about what I said or did."

"I guess we both have some habits to break." Rainbow chuckled.

"Hmm, looks like we do." Sky chuckled back.

"Well, let me know how that goes." Rainbow said as she headed off to her class.

"Let me know, too." Sky said with a small grin on his face as he grabbed his books and shut his locker.


Fluttershy was pacing to her next class when Rarity walked beside her.

"Same time?" She asked.

"Yeah, same time. We need to talk about... work."

"You got it, darling." Rarity walked off.


School ended as Sky started walking home when he saw a dark figure stare at him.

"You got a staring problem, bud?" Sky asked him.

The figure started backing up and was heard trembling.

"P-please. We.. we didn't know she would be there." The figure, clearly a male, begged.

Sky knew that voice.

"Hoops?"

"Please! We didn't know!"

Sky ran up to him and pinned him against a wall of a building next to them.

"What're you talking about?"

"F... Flu... her."

"Fluttershy? Why, what happened?"

"We didn't know what she was capable of..."

"What did you do?!" Sky asked, slamming him into the wall.

"We... it was so long ago, it was so long ago..."

"Spit it out, puta!"

Their dialouge was interrupted by someone coming from behind Sky and pulling him off Hoops. He turned around to see Dumb-Bell-- Hoops' friend-- with a mortified look on his face.

"Look, tell her to give us a day, and we'll be out of her life for good this time, please."

"What the hell are you talking about?!" Sky asked.

"Please!"

Sky, completely defeated, simply sighed.

"Okay, go, go!"

"Thank you! Thank you..."

The duo bolted into the city and Sky had no idea what just happened. He just knew that he had to have a chat with Flutterfly.


Sky made it home to see Flutterfly put on her jacket ready to leave.

"Flutterfly, we need to talk." Sky said.

"I can't. I need to see Rarity for something on my jacket." Flutterfly dismissed, showing a tear in her coat.

"Hoops and Dumb-Bell saw me, they damn-near pissed their pants trying to say your name."

Flutterfly froze.

"What did they say?" She asked without turning her head.

"They begged me to tell you that they were gonna leave the city."

"Good. For them."

"Flutterfly..."

"I'll tell you everything, but I need to see Rarity right now."

"Flutterfly, don't--"

She slammed the door, causing Sky to jump from the sudden aggressiveness. Sky decided to dismiss it for now and get his homework done.


Fluttershy knocked on Rarity's door, hiding a suitcase embedded in her jacket.

The door creaked open and Rarity's head peeked out.

"What's it this time, darling?"

"Just a tear, nothing that could take too long." Fluttershy said as she entered the building and shut the door behind the two.

"How's life?" Rarity asked.

"Same old, same old." Fluttershy said as she took out the case and set it on Rarity's sewing station.

"I think we should tell them why we're meeting like this. They might get the wrong idea." Rarity said.

"No. No-one must know what we're doing here. Not yet." Fluttershy said as she opened the suitcase.


Sky finished his homework and decided to do research on CDA, hoping to find anything about whatever Flutterfly's hiding. He scrolled down for several minutes until he came across an article about an incident in CDA's changing rooms. He started reading when his laptop suddenly died in front of his face.

"Mierda!" Sky gently slammed his desk as he plugged his laptop in.

Sky decided to flick through the TV channels and see what came up. Sure enough, he found a news channel talking about the Mare-Do-Well. Sky was kind of getting tired of hearing of him. It's literally all Canterlot News is talking about nowadays and it's getting on Sky's nerves. That seems heartless since Mare-Do-Well had reunited hundreds of families, but Sky had it. He wanted things to get back to normal in town, but so far there's been no luck.

"Maybe he should give Cinch a visit... that old hag's got it coming." Sky muttered to himself.