• Published 27th Aug 2016
  • 4,381 Views, 60 Comments

Depression - ZombieBrony22



A new student comes to CHS, but is suffering severe depression. Can the Humane 6 find a way to bring him back to the light?

  • ...
16
 60
 4,381

Farm

It was a short day after the events at the Sugarcube. Sky was entering CHS and searching for his locker when he found Applejack leaning next to his locker, her hat tipped slightly over her face, covering her eyes.

"Can I help you?" He asked her.

"You said you need money. We have an empty spot at the farm, wanna pitch in?" AJ asked.

"...Sure. I'll be there." Sky said.

"Meet us at Sweet Apple Acres at 4, after school." AJ said as she headed off.

Sky glanced at his watch and noticed he had an hour and a half before he had to arrive at Sweet Apple, so he decided to pay Fluttershy a visit at the animal shelter.

Sky found his ride, a small motorcycle his father gave to his mother before he abandoned them for what she said was a better life (Sky couldn't blame him), put on his helmet, and drove off to the animal shelter. As he did, he saw Applejack enter a large pickup truck with her brother on the driver's seat.

He could've sworn he saw Applejack wink at him...


Fluttershy just finished cleaning the dog section and she was on her way to the birds when she was stopped by someone standing directly in front of the door. She jumped for a second, and grabbed the intruder's wrist, but realized it was Sky and released him.

"Hey..." Fluttershy said.

"Hey." Sky said back.

Fluttershy moved around him and he followed her to the bird section.

"What're you doing here?" Fluttershy asked.

"Applejack offered me a job, I have an hour before I gotta go. Decided to pay you a visit." Sky said.

"Well since you're here, I could use your help."

"Sure, what do you need?" Sky asked.

"The bird cages need be rinsed off, there's some spray in the supply closet and I got the wipes." Fluttershy said.

"Sure thing." Sky said as he paced toward the closet and grabbed the spray.

He caught up with Fluttershy at the bird section. As soon as Fluttershy entered the room, the birds started chirping joyfully, as if they too felt her... aroma that lit up a room whenever she entered.

"They seem to like you." Sky admired.

"What can I say? It's what I do." Fluttershy as Sky sprayed the cage.

"I know..." Sky replied.

Flutershy giggled slightly as the two went down the isle. They worked in silence, until...

"You okay, Sky? Ever since the Friendship Games, you've been so different." Fluttershy said.

Sky didn't answer, which made Fluttershy all the more angry.

"Sky... please, tell me." Fluttershy egged on.

Sky finally sighed, set the spray down, and took a seat.

"After Twilight... After what Cinch did to her, that was it. I finally saw what they really are: Animals who will put anyone down in order to get what they want. I don't know how I didn't see that sooner..." Sky said.

"Sky, you know that's not true. Why did you give them a chance then?" Fluttershy asked.

Because you wanted me to. He almost said.

"Because... it'd be what my dad would do."

Fluttershy was silent, until she began to sit next to him.

"What?" Sky asked her.

She didn't say anything, she just took his hand.

"Please, please, please give them a real chance. You think they wanted to beat you, isolate you? They told us Cinch threatened to keep them from entering college if they didn't cooperate." Fluttershy said.

"Somebody must've cracked by now. They couldn't stop it, yes. But they had to participate? I bet there're more than one college they had in mind." Sky said.

Fluttershy just changed her gaze from innocent to cold and cruel.

She was giving Sky the Stare.

Don't look into her eyes, don't look into her eyes... Sky reminded himself.

Fluttershy scooted closer, staring him down all the more. Sky tried to scoot away until he was cornered, he then shut his eyes but the sensation of knowing she was staring him down got to him.

"Fine. I'll give them one chance. One. They break it, we're done." Sky surrendered.

Fluttershy's brief victory was silenced by a clock ticking in the background, causing Sky to remember his original plans.

"Shoot, what time is it?!" Sky asked.

Fluttershy checked the clock.

"3:45."

"I gotta go, see you Fluttershy." Sky said as he bolted.

He ran out, and Fluttershy smiled to herself as she went back to her tasks.


Sky made it to Sweet Apple in time for Applejack to start heading back inside.

"So, when do I start...?" Sky asked awkwardly.

"I don't see why y'all can't start right now. Come on, we got some work to do." Applejack said as she started off without him.

The two went to the barn with Big Mac, who looked at Sky skeptically.

"Oh, don't worry. This is Sky, he's a new hand here." Applejack resolved.

"Hey." Sky introduced himself.

Mac simply nodded and went back to whatever he was doing.

"C'mon, Sky. I got the perfect job for ya."

Sky followed Applejack to see 5 others with her. Sky's eyes glanced at the crew and stopped sharply at one of the workers, whom he recognized on the spot.

It was Sugarcoat.

"Sky?!" Sugarcoat asked, stunned.

"Oh! Um... this is awkward..." Applejack stated.