• Published 5th Sep 2016
  • 2,030 Views, 204 Comments

Spiders and Magic: Dimensional Crisis - MetalJrock



Spider-Mane and his friends must protect Equestria from the Legion of Doom.

  • ...
33
 204
 2,030

PreviousChapters Next
Epilogue 1: Super Cafe

"I can't believe you made me agree to this..."

Batman groaned as he planted his face on the table. The night before, Peter had invited the World's Finest for a small meal at a cafe, in costume. They sat at a booth right near a window. Spider-Mane sat next to Superman while Twilight sat next to Batman, the Dark Knight not enjoying his current predicament.

Chuckling, Superman placed a hoof on the table, "Ah, c'mon, Bruce. It's a nice break. Thank you both for inviting us. You really didn't have to do this."

"Think nothing of it, Superman." Twilight assured, "I'm just glad we can finally rest and not have to worry about the Legion of Doom anymore." she said, taking a bite of her salad.

Batman took a sip of his coffee, his hoof never leaving the handle. The superhero leaned back on the chair, allowing Peter to speak. "Y'know, this is nice. Just four heroes sitting back and having some breakfast at some cafe. This doesn't happen often."

"I dunno. Bruce and I do this everytime we want to discuss our adventures." Superman joked.

"No we don't." Batman responded.

"Anyway..." Superman trailed off, "What happened that led to you staying in this world, Peter?"

"I can explain." Twilight began to say, "A dragon was attacking Ponyville, and our magic was nullified for the most part. I had obtained a book to summon the 'Greatest Hero in the Universe' and I used it, bringing Peter to our world."

Batman wanted to say something, but he took another sip of his coffee, choosing to remain silent.

"Quite a surprise for me at the time. I had to fight off a dragon, was turned into a pony, and had to stay in this world until I was given a way back to Earth. In that time, I adjusted to this society, fell in love with Twilight and fought some strange creatures. There was a lot of sad moments, bonds were formed, and I felt extremely guilty at the time, which seemed to define my life for those few months."

"I see." Superman replied, "I heard about what happened to Gwen. I didn't know this was right after."

"Turned out a psychic named Madame Web was the one who brought me the book and she urged me to learn his past." Twilight revealed, "It was through learning what he had gone through which honestly was what made me fall for him. Besides his personality."

"And I love this bookworm. We completes each other in everyway. Where I slack off, she pushes me to work harder. Where she gets stressed, I help her loosen up." Peter added.

The wall-crawler continued, "So after proving myself, facing a dark king and a drunken game of charades, we learned that Green Goblin was wreaking havok on my world and we used a mirror to go there. We fought mind-controlled heroes, reunited with Wolverine and Black Cat and saved the world before we got back."

Batman looked at the couple, "Well then. I guess that answers a lot of questions."

The four conversed for a little while. Batman and Superman discussed some of their past adventures while Peter and Twilight brought up the months leading up to Mayday's birth. This all culminated into Batman realizing something.

"Parker. You do know I do not prefer going out in the daytime in costume." Batman pointed out, "Do I have to remind you why?"

"I dunno. Why?" Peter wondered.

"Because I'm Batman!" he hissed.

Superman and Twilight looked at the Dark Knight confusingly, "Have you been wanting to say that?" asked the lavender alicorn.

Batman smirked, "Maybe."

Superman laughed, "I can't believe you did that. Up top!"

Peter rolled his eyes, "C'mon, Supes, you know Bats is gonna leave you hang-" he cut himself off at the sight of Batman and Superman high-fiving. "Okay, did Nightwing take your costume or something? You are acting really weird today, Batman."

"Maybe I wanted to mess with you. I'm not brooding all the time." Batman discussed.

Crossing his hooves, Peter huffed, "Go out for breakfast and Batman is the funny one. What parallel universe did I end up in?" he mumbled while pouting.

"Lighten up, Peter. We can have fun for once." Twilight cooed.

Shaking his head, Peter smiled, "Yeah, you're right."

And the breakfast went on, the four actually conversing and enjoying the time of peace.

Author's Note:

A short chapter, but with DC characters, I felt that this was the only way it should've ended.

The next epilogue will take place after Part IV, and build up to Sigma.

So, next we meet, the Marvel/DC characters are going to spend some time in Equestria in an era of peace before they leave. A slice-of-life story is coming. Spiders and Magic: After the Crisis.

PreviousChapters Next