• Published 5th Sep 2016
  • 2,030 Views, 204 Comments

Spiders and Magic: Dimensional Crisis - MetalJrock



Spider-Mane and his friends must protect Equestria from the Legion of Doom.

  • ...
33
 204
 2,030

PreviousChapters Next
The Ultimate Alliance

The ponies all gathered around in Canterlot. The time of war was over, and the call for celebration had begun a few days after. Princess Celestia and Princess Luna had decided to host a celebration of the heroes who had saved their world and countless others from the Legion of Doom. The Royal Sisters stood in front as well as Shining Armor and Cadance, who glanced behind them at the large row of heroes that had been in Equestria to stop Lex, Loki and the Legion.

In the center were Spider-Mane, Twilight Sparkle, Wolverine, Batman, and Superman. Standing next to them were the Elements of Harmony, Trixie, Sunset, Spike, Black Cat, Zecora, the Spiders, the Avengers, Iceman, Human Torch, Ant-Man, Deadpool, the Guardians of the Galaxy, Vibe, Harrison Wells, the Justice League and the future ponies. The celebration wouldn't have been this big if it hadn't been for a certain pink pony handling the party.

The crowd cheered at the heroes, who all waved at the ponies who rooted for them. In the crowd were Twilight's parents, proud of their children and Peter, the Cutie Mark Crusaders, and Aunt May, who had watched over her grandniece. She smiled at Peter, who saw her and grinned back, waving at the two.

Each of the heroes were given a medal after the speech, even Ghost Rider, who was back in his normal form. For once, Peter felt that everything was heading in the right direction. After everything that has happened in the past few weeks, even he had to admit that this break was a nice little reward.

A while later, they all met at a reception hall, the heroes gathered around once to relax.

"Yeah, I can get used to this." Stark bragged.

"Don't get too full of yourself, Stark" Cap lightly scolded, a smirk on his face.

"Yeah, that's supposed to be my thing." Hal quipped.

Deadpool hopped in between Hal and Stark, "Easy, gents. We all know the king of showboating is yours truly. Also the king of motorboating, but that's a different subject."

"Now I'm left wondering how he's a national hero." Kaine sighed.

"You and me both. At least Frank isn't here." Peter responded.

Eddie looked at his medal, "Huh. So..."

"We told you that you can change." Fluttershy said to the former villain quietly.

"So, you're future me?" Pinkie asked Pinkamena.

Pinkamena rolled her eyes, "For the thousandth time, yes."

"What happened where I become super sad like you?"

The older counterpart to the pink mare shook her head, "It's better if you don't know. I'm not the jolly bouncing pink blur of sunshines and rainbows like you now or I once was." she walked away, leaving her younger self to ponder.

"Being thanked in a world of ponies. This is new." Johnny Blaze admitted.

Johnny Storm shrugged, "Eh. Being in different dimensions, it sure beats Annihulus and the Negative Zone for sure, the people here are actually friendly."

Miguel walked to Sunset, the two embracing and giving each other a brief kiss. Peter was passing by to talk to Ben and Kaine and witnessing it accidentally, "Dude..." he muttered, seeing O'Hara wave to his marefriend, "You two? Huh, I'm gonna need time to process this."

"Called it." Trixie whispered to her roommate, only leaving him more confused.

Smirking, Miguel replied, "It was a surprise to me too, Parker. But I want to see where this heads as long as I'm here. This could be fun."

"I'm sure it will. If you need advice, you know who to go to." Peter pat his successor on the shoulder.

"Thanks, Parker. She's special to me... And I don't want to ruin it."

Peter chuckled, "It's weird hearing you be all mushy. Oh, this will be something else." that earned a playful scowl from O'Hara as well as a jab to the side before he joined Parker.

After the brief conversation, Peter and Miguel went to go speak to his clones and Eddie, "Hey, guys. Pinkie went all out this time, huh? So, what were you discussing?"

Kaine relunctantly sighed, "I'm thinking about hanging up the First Spider costume once we go to Earth for good, Parker."

"And I'm telling him it's a bad idea." Ben added.

"I've seen too much, and done too much wrong to be considered a hero for a world I've wronged." the first clone grunted, "I can't be a hero if those doubts linger in me."

Eddie crossed his hooves, "Even I managed to put my sins aside, Kaine. You can do the same."

"No, I can't. What Loki did to me... I can't forgive myself for it. Ben was in a coma and I lost myself. I lashed out at each of you for something out of your control. If Ben wants to be a hero, than he can go, but I'm done playing superhero." decided Kaine.

"Hm..." hummed Peter silently.

"What?" asked Miguel.

Without saying a word, Peter threw down a notepad on a table, revealing a sketch. It looked like his Spider-Man costume, but the spider-insignia legs covered to his shoulders, the blue on the side covered the arms and the web-shooters were exposed on the wrists, and the red and blue merged at the legs. The Spiders realized that it was a new costume design once they read what Peter wrote.

'Costume idea: Spider-Man II.'

"What the shock is this?" wondered O'Hara.

Exhaling sharply, Peter elaborated, "It's something I've been thinking about. I was gonna ask the two if you if one of you were willing to continue the Spider-Man mantle back in New York once you arrived. You get to live your own lives, not in Peter Parker's shadow. But this is all I'm asking... You don't have to if you really don't want to. I promised you that you can live your separate lives, and it probably sounds a little selfish to ask for."

Ben looked at the notepad again, observing it again. "Did Rarity help you design this suit?" he quipped.

"You know, she was the first person I suggested it to, and she liked it." Peter revealed. "Like I said. It's a suggestion, I'm not pushing you guys to do it, but since Kaine made up his mind to stop, I guess I'm just asking Ben about it at this point." the clone then put down the notepad to give his answer, having thought out the options. Deep down, he knew what he needed to do.

"I'll do it." Ben decided.

"Y-You will?" studdered Peter.

"Yeah. Earth needs a Spider-Man. I'll be willing to continue your legacy, Peter."

Smiling, Peter spoke, "Thank you, Ben. Kaine, are you sure you're done the hero business? At the very least, you should keep an eye on one another. Whether as a hero or a civilian."

"...Let me think about the whole hero thing before I answer." the first clone muttered.

Eddie smiled, "I had a feeling you'd come around. How about this? I'll guide you around for a bit and give you a feel on your own. Then, maybe we can have a team-up?"

"I'd like that."

Sometime passed, the future ponies left to their timeline. And Peter trotted to Rainbow Dash, Human Torch, Iceman, and the Avengers, "Cool guys, right Dash?" Peter nudged.

"Heck yeah! Especially Johnny!" Dash cheered, high-fiving the blue pegasus. "He and I have so much in common."

Peter laughed, "Had a feeling."

"Hey, Peter." Cap called out.

"Yeah, Cap?"

Steve extended a hoof, Peter taking it and shaking it, "It was an honor seeing you again. To fight by your side. Seeing you take charge... I was glad to see my theory right." he revealed, patting the wall-crawler on the shoulder.

"Theory?"

Stark nodded, "That you would be the next great hero. The one to follow in our footsteps the right way. And honestly, there wasn't any doubt, especially after what we saw when you handled the Legion of Doom without us and Superman. You managed to band together a team of unlikely heroes from across three worlds. A 'Superhero Squad' as Cisco and Wells called it."

"I can't take all the credit, Tony. I had my Equestrian friends, the Spiders, Wolverine, and Batman guiding me." Peter said humbly. "This couldn't have happened without them being by my side."

"And that's what makes you a good leader. You put your trust in your teammates, always looking to them. Keep up the good work, soldier." Cap complimented. "You even allied with Deadpool, Punisher, and Ghost Rider. An impressive feat."

"Stop, yer gonna spoil the kid." Logan teased.

"Oh, hey Logan." Peter greeted, the stallion waving to his oldest superhero ally.

"Hey, Parker. Ya did good out there." he complimented, "Keep it up and I may just learn how to tolerate ya."

"Then how did you put up with me since the start of all this? In fact, I seem to recall you and Batman being the only ones to find their way here at first."

Logan smirked, "I did what was necessary."

"Come on, Wolvie. You know you missed me." Peter teased.

"Don't call me Wolvie." the X-Man shook his head.

Batman and Superman passed him, "You annoyed him again?" asked the Man of Steel.

Rubbing the back of his head, Peter joked, "Yeah. He hates the nickname."

"Well, I'm sure he missed teaming up with you," Superman assured, "So, are you feeling better?"

"Believe it or not, yeah. I feel great." Peter said. "I just wish Lex hadn't embarassed us like that."

Batman nodded, "Remember, Peter. You are one of Equestria's heroes. They can depend on you for hope. Something not even Lex can take away."

Smiling, Oeter looked at the Dark Knight, "Thanks for that, Bats,"

The party continued well into the night, where the various heroes had to go back to their own worlds. Strange and Fate had revealed through Vibe that the barriers between their worlds will be open for at least a few weeks, meaning that they could visit in that time. At the very least, Strange and Fate wouldn't have to focus on keeping the rifts open anymore.

Peter and Twilight leaned on the balcony, Mayday stanfing in between them. "Hey, so I've been thinking..." the stallion began to say, "About what happens once everyone goes back to their world. Not that I don't like them here, but..."

"But what?" wondered Twilight, tilting her head in confusion.

Memories flooded his mind once again, bringing back rough emotions as well as his final battle against Lex pushing him forward. "I was thinking about adding another member to our little family. With everything that's happened, I feel that it would be nice."

"I can be a sister?" Mayday asked in delight.

"I would like that." Twilight said with a soft smile. "A son or another daughter?"

"A son. When the time is right of course, and when you're ready. I don't want to rush into things if you don't want to." Peter assured, embracing his wife for a kiss. "But if it were a son, I've had a name running around in my head for a while. If you're okay with it of course."

"If you want to." Twilight replied, holding his hoof.

"Benjamin." that earned a surprise stare from the alicorn and the filly, "After my Uncle Ben, and my clone brother too. I was maybe thinking of keeping Kaine as a middle name, but it sounded too extreme, like he would be secretly working against us or something."

"I'm sure that'll never happen." Twilight giggled.

"I-I like that name." Mayday beamed, "I get to be a big sister!"

"Soon, May." Peter calmed her down, "Once you get older you will. In the meantime, we have a large number of guests." he said.

The Parker-Sparkle family watched the stars in Luna's sky, enjoying the quiet and each other's presence. Even though their friends would have to go back to their worlds at some point, they would savor the time they have together.


DC Universe, Outer Space...

A fleet of spaceships hovered within the vast reaches of the cosmos. Within the hollow ships were tall, yellow creatures with fangs and a red dot on their heads. One of the soldiers looked at the monitor and spoke to their leader.

'We sense more energy. Even breaching the dimensions.' it said in a strange language. 'It is magical in origin, but we also detect something else in the breach besides the magic. Something similar to the metagene of this universe. They can bring about our end if left unsupervised.'

The leader looked at the readings, 'Metahumans... Even more worlds of them. These superpowered individuals can bring about the destruction of our species. Like the heroes of Earth, they can be reckless with their gifts. We need to eliminate them before they plan the extinction of us when they still can.'

'What are your orders?' another alien questioned.

'We will open a portal to these dimensions and attack the superpowered population as well as the sources of magic, our kind will not fall to them.' it said, clenching a fist. With the order said, the aliens began to create a portal to the other dimensions. It would take some time, but they will succeed. 'If they can breach dimensions, then they are a threat to the Dominators.'

Even though the Legion of Doom had been defeated, a new threat was coming soon. A battle unlike anything the Equestrians have seen. Something that the heroes would never predict at the time of peace.

The Dominators are coming.

Author's Note:

Alright. I have two epilogue chapters coming at the same time as well as a rewrite of Final Crisis: Finale for a few touchups (which will be updated with the epilogues). One of the epilogues will deal with Sigma's plan, while the other is more of a fun reference than anything. I'm still debating a third ending chapter, but I'm still hesitant because of it connecting to my other stories. Again, I would love to hear opinions on whether I should do it.

And I'll elaborate more on the ending to this chapter once the epilogue is published.

PreviousChapters Next