• Published 5th Sep 2016
  • 2,032 Views, 204 Comments

Spiders and Magic: Dimensional Crisis - MetalJrock



Spider-Mane and his friends must protect Equestria from the Legion of Doom.

  • ...
33
 204
 2,032

PreviousChapters Next
Time to Hero Up!

Peter slouched on the sofa, disappointed in himself again. Ponyville was in near ruins, his friends were beaten, and he felt that it was his fault that it happened. Superman, the Flash, Wonder Woman, Green Lantern and Wolverine were attending to the repairs outside, and at the rate they were going, the town should be fixed up in a few days. While that gave Peter some comfort, he sighed in disappointment again.

Wells, Batman, Trixie and Zecora tended to the wounds of the injured heroes. Luckily it wasn't anything too severe to patch up. That meant that the Legion of Doom was going easy on them. The Dark Knight looked at the zebra, telling her what he could see using his Detective Vision to find what needed to be patched up.

"Damn it." Wells muttered, "I arrive in this world, and lf course the Legion nearly destroy it."

"It's not your fault, Wells." Peter assured. He then dropped his Spider-Mane mask on the floor. "It's mine."

Twilight looked at her husband in confusion, "Peter? What are you talking about?"

The stallion exhaled sharply, "If I hadn't decided to goof around on Earth... If I had decided to focus on the task at hand... Maybe we could've come back before the Legion attacked! That whole time, I was so excited to see that world again, and decided to act like a child the whole time!" he shouted.

"Now look what happened. Ponyville's nearly destroyed, ponies are injured, my friends even moreso... Instead of looking for the Avengers like I said we would, I decided to tour around and not focus." Peter stood up and rubbed his head.

Johnny shook his head, "Bro. It's not your fault."

"Yeah, Pete. None of us could've seen this coming." Scott assured the wall-crawler.

"Parker..." Quill coughed, "None of us are blaming this on you, dude. Just chill out..."

Peter closed his eyes, "How can I chill out when you all nearly died?! Luthor, Loki and their goons are gonna pay if I find them."

Ben and Miguel walked behind Peter as he stormed out, "Come on, Parker. You heard them." the future Spider began to say, "They'll be back on their feet in an hour tops."

Peter gave Miguel a glare, "No, O'Hara. You're usually the one to tell me to take things seriously. Look at what happened when I didn't!"

Ben raised a hoof, "To be fair, Peter. I'm not exactly innocent either. You just wanted to show me what it was like to live a mostly normal life." he recalled.

"Ben... I put you in a freaking coma! You have no idea how that tore me up inside! To almost kill someone I call my brother! Of course, I wanted to show you the life I used to live, because you deserved to see it." Peter explained.

Nodding, the clone remained silent to allow Peter's successor to speak up, "We understood that, Parker! It was nice to just worry about something other than the Legion! It wasn't a vacation like you thought it was, if anything it was beneficial we were there! Remember everything that's happened?"

"That's right. We went to Gotham to save Batman from being killed, stopped Alchemy and the Rival in Central City. We finally saved Superman, helped Green Arrow fight Prometheus, stopped Scorpion and the Spider-Slayer, and took down Hydro-Man and put him behind bars thanks to Luke Cage, Iron Fist and Firestorm!" Ben reminded the stallion. "And we found the Avengers!"

"Half of what we did actually involved the Legion of Doom. The rest was just coincidences." Peter added.

"That's not true."

The three Spiders turned around, seeing Batman and Twilight standing in the hallway with them. "Batman? You have to stop doing that whole appearing thing." grumbled Peter.

Batman spoke, "The Legion of Doom seemed to have it planned. They expanded their team to divide their forces. Kaine, Vibe and Star-Lord mentioned a few names we haven't seen directly involved with the Legion until now."

"Like who?" Miguel asked.

"They mentioned Alchemy, the Rival, Reverse-Flash, the Beetle, and... Doomsday." Twilight revealed.

"D-Doomsday!?" the three shouted.

"It seems Loki used his magic to summon him back from space." Batman deduced.

"And the Beetle? Really, Lex? Of all the people from my world he had to bring the no-name assassin. They're really scraping the bottom of the barrel for villains from my old crimefighting days." Peter grumbled, his hooves crossed.

"That means that they planned to divert our attention." Twilight realized, "This was going to happen no matter what, as sad as that is to say."

"But we could've come back anytime we wanted, Twilight. I was focused on everything but the reason why we were there!" Peter nearly snapped, surprising the group.

"That's not it at all, Peter. You wanted to find the Avengers. We needed to find them! Before they did something terrible!" Twilight almost shouted in response.

Peter shook his head, seeing Scott and Mayday walk in. "Sorry to butt in, Pete. But your daughter and I overheard this little debate the few of you were having. And she has something to say to you. Isn't that right, kid?" he asked the filly. "Trust me, it seems she's been prepared for something like this. A natural."

Feeling the rage leave his body, Peter and Twilight decided to focus on their daughter. "What is it, sweetie?" the stallion asked.

"Mommy, Daddy. You were gone for a week. Uncle Scott told me about what happened. Nopony is mad at you for not being here when the bad guys attacked... And even if they were, I wouldn't be." Mayday said, looking at her parents. Scott gave the filly a reassuring smile to continue what she had to say.

"You two are my heroes. Don't let the bad guys think they won! The day I stop believing in you is the day you stopped being heroes..." she finished, a wide grin on her face.

"Wow, May..." Twilight gasped. She then hugged her daughter, "I missed you so much... I'm so glad you're not mad at us for leaving longer than expected."

After listening what Mayday had just said to them. Peter began to feel something. A new hope. Hearing that his daughter would never stop believing in him or Twilight, it warmed his heart dearly. He hugged Mayday, wrapping his hooves around his daughter and his wife. "I love you both... Thank you, Mayday. I don't ever want to stop being your hero." he cooed.

"Good kid you got there, Pete." Scott complimented, "She really cares for you two."

"So, Peter. Are you back in?" Batman asked.

Smiling, Peter gave the Dark Knight a determined look. "Of course I am. I can't disappoint my family or Equestria."

"That's good to hear, bro." said Ben.

Miguel nodded, "I'm with you every step of the way, Parker."

An hour passed, Zecora looked at Applejack's back. "You are quite lucky, Applejack. The damage could only be seen on your back."

"That's mighty good to hear." Applejack replied, "Ah take we're all better, then?"

"Indeed you are. Just don't go too far." the zebra assured.

Groot stood up, his body regenerating at last. "I am Groot."

"Buddy!" Rocket cheered.

"Aw..." Fluttershy cooed.

"Hey! Don't judge!" Rocket shouted.

Superman, Wolverine, Wonder Woman, the Flash and Green Lantern returned to the Treebrary once they heard that the heroes were planning again. "So, did anyone of you hear where the Legion of Doom's heading next?" asked the Man of Steel. Every other superhero was in their costume as well, excpet for Kaine and Eddie.

Gamora shook her head, "Sorry. But most of us were unconscious before they left."

"Actually," Kaine spoke up, "I was conscious enough to slightly hear them. Apparently they're on their way to the Crystal Empire. For what reason, I'm not sure..."

"The Crystal Empire?! Shining Armor and Cadence might be in danger!" Twilight nearly fainted.

Peter put a hoof on his wife's shoulder, "Easy, honey. The best solution would be to head there as soon as possible."

"But how? Not all of us can fit in the Friendship Express." Sunset reminded the heroes. "After all, it's a tundra on the way there unless you all want to freeze while walking."

"Friendship Express?" Quill asked.

"Name of the train that goes around Equestria." Peter elaborated.

"Cornsville." Johnny! Bobby and Cisco mumbled.

"Enough, you two." Wells scolded. "Now, since that's a problem, either you take turns going. Unless there is another form of transportation around here."

"Diana, Hal, and I can fly there due to our durability." Superman revealed.

"Wait a minute..." Wells thought of something, "Ramon, are you still able to use your Vibe abilities?" he asked.

"Yeah. I'm starting to feel better. Why?" Cisco wondered.

Wells raised a hoof, "Once you arrive at the Crystal Empire, use your gloves to create the frequency of a portal to Ponyville."

"You can do that?" Rainbow Dash asked in disbelief.

"Yeah. Comes in handy every once and a while. It's a little draining, but at least I'm not creating a portal to another world far off from our three." Cisco responded, putting on his glasses and frequency gloves to be prepared.

Eddie nodded, "It's a start. In the meantime, who should stay in Ponyville in case something happens?"

Black Cat and Luna stepped forward, "Sorry, Spiders. But I think this town could use some help repairing." Felicia said. "And I need a small break from the chaos. Maybe Cisco can create a portal if I'm needed."

"I will stay as well." Zecora decided, "Just in case things here go to hell."

"Actually, besides the train, there's another way to get to the Crystal Empire safely." Peter revealed.

"Ooh! Is it time?" Deadpool asked.

'Looks like it!'

'Watch us not get to ride it.'

'Don't ruin the moment!'

"Do you mean--" Miguel started to say.

Peter nodded, "Yes. This time, I think Bobby, Johnny, Logan, and Batman should join me."

"You replacing us, bro?" Ben teased.

Shrugging, Peter looked at the Spiders, "I just want to get some input from them is all."

"Very well." Wells said.

"Then I guess it's settled. The three of us will fly. Cisco will go with a few of you on the train while some wait here until he Vibes a portal back in Ponyville." Superman decided.

"We can only hope the Legion hasn't done too much damage." Batman said.

Kaine put on his First Spider costume, "Yeah. We can only do that."

"Finally! We're all back together to fight evil!" Pinkie cheered.

"We're gonna need a team name." Cisco began to say, looking at Peter for help, "What do you think, Pete?"

Spider-Mane nodded, "Yeah. And a catchphrase.." he added.

"Of course..." Batman groaned.

"How about..." Spider-Mane began to say, putting on his mask.

"The Super Hero Squad!" the two decided.

Wolverine shook his head, "Sounds like the name of a children's cartoon." he sighed.

Superman chuckled and joined in on the conversation, "Well, I like it. It's simple, yet effective."

"What about a catchphrase?" Rainbow asked.

"Super Hero Squad... It's time to Hero Up!" the two declared and high-fived.

"Cue the theme song!" Deadpool yelled.

"Idiots." Trixie mumbled.

"Now that you're done acting like morons, I think you all should go." Wells suggested. And so the group split apart. Twilight, Sunset, the Guardians of the Galaxy, Rainbow, Applejack, Quicksilver, and the Flash decided to take the train with Cisco. The other Elements, heroes and Spike decided to wait until the portal opened. For reference, Vibe brought a scroll Spike wrote in.

Meanwhile, Peter decided to take his group to his lab. "Woah, dude. You got something cool going on here." Johnny complimented.

"Thanks, Johnny." replied Spider-Mane.

"It better be worth our time." Logan growled.

"I think it will, Logan." Bobby assured, patting his fellow X-Man on the shoulder.

And so, Peter opened the doors, revealing what he had hidden. It was a car colored like his costume. "I call it the Spider-Mobile. I was inspired by you to make it, Bats."

"Inspired... By me?" Batman repeated, unsure of what to say.

Johnny ran forward to admire it, "You made another Spider-Mobile?! Awesome!" he then exhaled, "I just wish I was here to help you rebuild it." he said dejectedly.

"Hey, if it makes you feel any better. You were in my thoughts while making it. You were there in spirit, Johnny." Peter comforted his friend with a pat on the back. "Same to you, Bobby. Somehow, the three of us had a strange bond."

"Yeah, but I'm glad it's us three." Iceman joked. "We were the Three Stooges of superheroes."

Wolverine narrowed his gaze, "Well yer certainly startin' to show it. Hurry the hell up."

Spider-Mane nodded, "Right. Sorry. Hop in you guys. I've installed a dome designed to trap heat within the seats and the wheels are enhanced to drive through any landscape." he pressed a button on the driver's seat, revealing a dome covering the five. "Now, let's go!"

The garage door opened up and Peter pressed the gas pedal, speeding out of Ponyville.


Crystal Empire, Later...

The crystal ponies were running around, terrified. The Legion of Doom were seen rampaging, destroying the crystalline homes and buildings. Shining Armor growled, "No... This can't be happening. Who are these freaks?!"

The Royal Guards attempted to attack, but they were swiped away by Grundy and Doomsday. "It's hopeless!"

"Shining!" Cadance called out, running to her husband. "Have you gotten in contact with Peter and Twilight?"

The prince shook his head, "Sorry, honey. They didn't answer for some reason. I just hope Twily's alright..."

Loki laughed, "Quite a sight isn't it?"

Luthor nodded, "The ponies of this world... So inferior. We will be their new rulers."

Joker slashed a guard in the chest, wounding him instantly. "Oh, how I missed the carnage. Not the guy, the actual act." he muttered the last part to himself, but laughed at his own joke anyway.

Reverse-Flash and Rival decided to toy around with their enemies and threw them like ragdolls. Deathstroke challenged as many guards as he could while Beetle did the same. Sinestro, Captain Cold and Heatwave were merely defense. Though, the Legion of Doom were not alone. They brought the last of the mind-controlled heroes with them on their assault this time.

There was an earth pony with long hair, wearing a jacket and a metal arm. Flying above him was a pegasus, with a jetpack and wearing a military uniform. Hovering next to him was a red unicorn wearing spandex with a large lightning bolt and a white cape hanging off his shoulder, their red eyes glowing. The Winter Soldier, Falcon, and Captain Marvel were the last of the hero army they have detained.

And of course, there were the Avengers, who were patrolling the areas, but strangely not partaking in any violent acts.

Loki smirked, "Not only that, but I have Chitauri attacking the heroes on our worlds. The three worlds will all bow."

"Really? You and what crown?"

The masterminds heard a quip, and Loki looked up, seeing Spider-Mane hanging from a building wall. "You!" he shouted, aiming his staff in the direction of the wall-crawler.

"Legion of Doom! Gather around!" Luthor ordered.

Meanwhile, Shining Armor watched as the villains stopped what they were doing and ran near the Crystal Heart. He was weak, but something helped him up. "Huh? Who are you?"

"Easy. We're a friend of Peter's and Twilight's." Logan assured.

Cadance raised a brow, "Really? Is Twilight on her way here now?"

"Yeah. And some other friends."

At that moment, Human Torch and Iceman passed by. "We'll make sure the ponies are safe, Logan!" Bobby shouted.

"Is he alright?" Batman asked.

"Wha-?" Shining blurted out.

"Most of us are from Peter's Earth. He and a few others come from another world. That's where most of these creeps came from. The ones with red eyes are under mind-control." Wolverine explained. "We're here to stop 'em fer good."

"Captain Armor!"

Shining turned his gaze upwards to see a yellow pegasus guard salute him. "Spider-Mane is here. What do we do?"

"Lieutenant Sentry... Gather the remaining Royal Guards. Make sure the ponies are brought to safety. Something tells me things are about to spiral under control." Shining ordered, the white unicorn saluting, prompting Flash Sentry to do the same.

With that out of the way, Wolverine and Batman decided to follow Peter as he confronted the Legion of Doom. But another familiar face showed up, "BBBFF! Cadance!

"Twily!" Shining called out, hugging his sister once they reached anothe. "I'm so glad you're safe." he paused upon seeing the other heroes standing behind her. "Um... More friends?"

"I am Groot."

"...Right."

"I take it you've met these ponies before?" Cadance wondered.

Quill nodded, "That's right. Name's Star-Lord and who might such a beautiful pony such as yourself be named?" he asked, kneeling to act more dignified.

Cadance giggled as Shining stepped forward, "Hey, back off. That's my wife."

Star-Lord raised his hooves, "Sorry, dude! Didn't know!"

"Ya better keep your mouth shut, Quill." Rocket mocked.

"A talking racoon too?" Shining questioned.

The alien pointed a finger, "I ain't a raccoon, unicorn!"

The Flash and Quicksilver showed up, zipping behind the group. "Alright. Name's Flash, that's Quicksilver, and Vibe. Star-Lord, Gamora, Rocket, Groot, and Drax are the Guardians of the Galaxy. Up there is Superman, Wonder Woman and Green Lantern. I'm sure Wolverine, Batman, Human Torch and Iceman passed by. Now we got that out of the way, we ahould probably reach the Legion." Barry gestured and introduced each hero as fast he could.

All of them nodded and ran off, leaving Shining Armor and Cadance confused. The Love Princess shook her head, "We should go with them just in case."

"R-Right..."

Soon, the Legion of Doom grouped together. They stared down the heroes, all led by Spider-Mane. "It's over, Luthor. Soon, more heroes are gonna come!"

At that moment, the Avengers arrived. "I'll bring your end quick. Iron Man..." Luthor started to say, "End them."

"What are you doing, Peter?" Shining gulped. Spider-Mane remained silent.

Iron Man raised a hoof, his repulsors glowing. But then, he decided to turn around, shooting Joker instead, launching him to Grundy. "Yeah, no, sorry guys. But I think we're through with this act!" Iron Man announced at last, seeing the other Avengers attack the Legion of Doom.

"How?!" Loki snarled.

"Mental barrier by Strange and Fate. He used it on us and Superman. We decided to play the role while minimizing as much damage as possible." Captain America revealed, catching his shield after throwing it at Beetle and Deathstroke and catching it.

"Nice catch by the way, Spider-Man." Cap complimented. "Seeing what we were up to."

Peter nodded, smiling under his mask, "Thanks, Cap. Glad to see you're back in business."

"Yeah, kid." Iron Man agreed.

The Avengers made their way and stood behind the team. Cap raised his shield triumphantly and yelled out two words. Two words that changed the tide of the war in the heroes' favor. The words that made Peter excited and filled with nostalgia.

"Avengers Assemble!"

Author's Note:

The final battle begins here.

PreviousChapters Next