• Published 5th Sep 2016
  • 2,022 Views, 204 Comments

Spiders and Magic: Dimensional Crisis - MetalJrock



Spider-Mane and his friends must protect Equestria from the Legion of Doom.

  • ...
33
 204
 2,022

PreviousChapters Next
Old Friends

"Where are the guys?" Twilight asked worriedly, she had heard about what was happening thanks to Pinkie, and she and the other girls got together at the Treebrary, where they awaited the return of the Spiders any moment now.

"If they don't come back soon, then I'll drag 'em back myself." Rainbow huffed, seeing the clouds in the sky clear up.

"I don't think that'll be necessary, Rainbow." Rarity said.

Mayday looked at her mother, "Mommy? Where's Daddy and the others at?"

"They're seeing if anything caused that strange storm, sweetie. They should be back soon." Twilight answered.

"What caused those clouds to appear anyway?" Trixie questioned.

"I don't know." replied Twilight, "It was similar to when Miguel first showed up... Did another portal open up somehow?" she suggested to the others.

"Oh come on! If Sloan's back then we have to teach him another lesson!" Dash yelled.

"I don't think it's that Sloan fellow again, Rainbow." Applejack responded, "It could've been a random storm."

"Maybe." added Spike, looking at the clear blue sky, "Well, whatever it is, it's over now. Huh, maybe it was a random storm that passed by." he hummed.

"Get out of the shocking way!"

The ponies all gasped at Miguel's sudden appearance and outburst. They saw the other Spiders run by, with two strangers trotting behind them, and Peter was carried on one of their backs, clearly injured from a gruesome battle.

"What happened!?" Twilight asked, shaking Scarlet Spider.

"He got into a scuffle, but luckily these two showed up to help before he things got worse." Ben pointed at the two heroes.

Spike took note of the earth pony's strange mask and costume as he ran in to put Peter down. "Something about you looks familiar." he told the figure.

"Yeah... Do we know you by any chance." Twilight added, with Sunset nodding as well. The earth pony gently placed Peter down on the bed, leaving the others to attend to his wounds.

"Funny. I can say the same to ya." he looked down at the dragon, "Aren't ya supposed be bigger?"

"Bigger?" Spike asked.

The pony smirked, revealing three claws from the top of his hoof, "This familiar to ya?"

"Logan?" the alicorn blurted out.

Wolverine smiled, "Yeah. Yer Twilight Sparkle right? And that kid is Spike?" he turned to Sunset Shimmer, "Oh, hey Red. It's been awhile hasn't it?"

"It has." agreed Sunset. "I'm surprised to see you here, Logan."

"Likewise. So... This is your normal forms?" the mutant wondered.

"Yeah, this is what we normally look like." explained Twilight. "Now the only question is... How did you even get here?"

"That's a little tricky to answer, I'll just let Bruce do the explainin' for me." Logan gestured to Batman. The Dark Knight wasn't paying attention to the conversation and instead was focused on Peter, who was still unconscious.

"A few bone fractures... His body is ice cold... And a stab wound on his shoulder... No doubt from the Joker." Batman said to himself, observing the damage done on Spider-Mane's body. 'It's a little strange observing pony anatomy, but at least I can figure out what's been done to him from the outside.' he thought.

"Hm." said Eddie, "Ice cold? How did that happen?"

"It was most likely an ice gun shot. Meant to hit him, and not leave him frozen solid. Though, he's still shivering slightly." Batman explained briefly.

"Is he gonna be okay?" asked Rarity.

Batman nodded, "He will. His healing factor, while not as fast as Logan's, will allow him to heal in a couple hours, with some rest of coutse."

"Who are you anyway?" asked Fluttershy.

"I'm Batman." he revealed.

"B-Batman?" Twilight inquired, "Peter mentioned you so many times! I never thought we'd ever meet."

Batman looked at her with wide eyes underneath his cowl. "He has? That's... Odd. Our worlds crossed paths only a few times before now." he said.

"Let the kid be a fan." Logan chuckled.

"So... Why are you two here?" asked Eddie. "We thought the only way back to Earth was gone, but yet not only do you show up, Logan, but a hero from another universe joins as well. Something about this seems a little off."

"I'll let Parker wake up first. He'd want to hear this too." Logan said with a wave of his hoof. But as he said this, a small filly walked into the room with curious eyes.

"Daddy?" Mayday called out, seeing her father unconscious. "What happened to him?" she asked in a worried tone.

"Mayday." Twilight hushed and hugged her daughter. "He'll be fine. He just needs to sleep is all. Thanks to some old friends of ours."

"Was it Uncle Miguel and the others?" the young pegasus wondered.

Sunset chuckled, "Yes and no..."

Mayday immediately took notice of Logan and Batman after hearing Sunset's answer, who gave each other a confused glance. "Who are you? Do you know daddy?" she asked the two.

"This your kid?" Logan questioned Twilight, who nodded. "Didn't think the two of ya would settle down so soon. Congrats." the X-Man faced the filly pegasus. "Yeah. I guess you could say that. Your father and I go way back."

"What about you?" Mayday said to Batman.

The Dark Knight glanced down at Mayday, "You could say that." was all he responded with in a stoic tone.

"Yeah... I think it's safe to say this whole place just got a lot more crowded." Ben noted.

"Your telling me. I don't think we have the living space to spare anymore." Spike chuckled.

"Hey I already shocking live here, so those two need to get their own place." Miguel added.

Kaine ignored the conversation between his brother, clone's successor and Spike and decided to speak to Batman. "So, it's just you two here? No one else who can help?" he wondered.

"Not yet. Doctor Strange is trying to perform a spell back on your Earth to allow access to this dimension. So once he does, we can bring in any necessary allies to this world to help, but we have more pressing matters besides that." Batman revealed.

"What do you mean?" Miguel asked.

"Like I said, we should wait for Parker to wake up first." Logan decided to say. "It'd be easier than havin' to explain things twice."

"Alright. In the meantime, I say we should give him some space. Last thing he needs is to wake up in a crowded room full of ponies." Trixie interjected.

"I'll stay by his side." Twilight added, "I need to make sure he's fine."

"Do as you like, Twi. Tell him we'll wait up." Rainbow said. "We'll be right out here." she gestured to the living room.


While the others got Logan and Bruce aquainted to the new world, Sunset and Miguel sat down while Trixie grabbed a quick bowl of cereal, able to hear the conversation. 'Let Trixie get in on the conversation for once... I'll see if my hunch is correct.' she chuckled quietly, not wanting anypony else to know she's nearby. She took a bite of her cereal as the two began to speak.

Ben walked into the room as well, deciding to get some space, "Hey, what's up, Trixie?"

"Shush." whispered the blue unicorn.

"What was that for?" Ben whispered back.

"Let Trixie enjoy the show." replied Trixie, using her magic to lift the spoon once more.

"What show?" muttered the clone.

Trixie silently pointed to the other room, where Miguel and Sunset were speaking to each other. "Do not tell anypony, but Sunset came to me earlier about something... I'll see if I'm correct on my theory. And you'll see what I mean." she chuckled to herself.

"Oh..." realized Ben, "Sounds like a soap opera. I should watch one when I get to Earth. But let me in on this to see for myself."

"Fine." Trixie rolled her eyes with a smile.

The two remained silent as Sunset cleared her throat. "So..."

"So what?" Miguel blurted out.

"What do you know about those two?" asked the yellow unicorn.

Shrugging, O'Hara answered, "There are history records of the time the heroes of both of our worlds banded together to defeat a powerful threat, though like the details of the final battle against Green Goblin, those are pretty vague as well. Wait... Weren't you there for the battle against the Goblin?"

Sunset then frowned, looking down and finding the cushions more interesting, "Oh... Then you know about what happened to me..." she said with a sigh. "And what I did."

"Slightly." Miguel revealed. "I'm only aware of you being under mind control. And Parker and his friends bringing you back to normal... But the records, and those two didn't say anything else." he saw her down expression and put a hoof on her shoulder, "You don't need to explain anything to me if you don't want. It seems it shocking messed you up." he added with a sincere smile.

For some reason, Sunset didn't O'Hara to let go, but she ignored that weird feeling and gave him a grin. "Thanks, Miguel. I don't think I'm ready to talk about that yet."

"Anytime, Red." said Miguel, repeating the nickname Logan gave her. He got up from his spot again, "So, I wanna check on Logan and Batman in the meantime. See you around." he said trotting away.

As he walked about, Miguel saw Trixie and Ben playfully smirk at him. "What the shock are you smiling about?" he blurted out loudly at the teasing duo.

Ben patted Miguel on the shoulder, "How about we go check on those new guys." he offered. O'Hara rolled his eyes and followed Ben outside for a moment. This left Trixie and Sunset alone to discuss... Important matters.

"So... You seem comfortable around him." Trixie said to Sunset.

Sunset rolled her eyes at the comment, "I'm comfortable around all of you. Why does it matter?"

"I mean more than usual." the blue unicorn teased. "You looked even more disappointed when you thought he found about your... troubled past so to say."

The yellow unicorn huffed, "It's not like that at all. I just don't wanna ruin a friendship because somepony found out about... the old me and what I've done." she muttered.

Trixie frowned and gave her friend a reassuring look, "You don't have to worry about that at all. Twilight forgave me for what I've done and we did for you. O'Hara's not gonna think any differently of you if he ever finds out."

"Do you think so?" Sunset asked.

"Of course. Do you doubt Trixie?" she questioned.

The magic student rolled her eyes and laughed, "That depends."

"Oh hush you." Trixie replied with a chuckle.


"This world looks... a lot more calm than I thought." Batman admitted, seeing Ponyville. The Elements of Harmony and the Spiders led the two new heroes around the town.

"See? I knew you would like seeing Ponyville! Now where's that smile?" Pinkie cheered, suddenly popping behind the Dark Knight, catching him off guard.

Batman rolled his eyes under his cowl. "How did you do that?"

"Don't question it." Kaine muttered, rubbing his head.

"So, this is where Parker decided to live? Lucky kid..." muttered Wolverine to himself.

"Yeah. This is Ponyville." Rainbow Dash introduced.

"Subtle name." Batman joked in a stoic tone.

"Like the name Batman is any better?" Rainbow and Kaine responded.

The Dark Knight scowled at the two, but chose not to say anything at the moment, the pegasus gulped upon seeing his cold stare. "Anyway... We should keep an eye out. Until we know it's safe, the two of us shouldn't be leaving."

Logan nodded, "Same here. It'd be better if we left some heroes on our worlds in the meantime. But we should at least bring in some reinforcements just in case..."

"Strange should have the portal open soon." Batman reminded the X-Man. "I told Dr. Fate to send me a psychic message when the time comes before I left. His mental powers can breach through the worlds right now." he said.

"Okay, can ya run that by us again?" Applejack asked. "Cause I don't think any of us caught what ya said..."

"I'll explain later." said Batman.

"Are you always so mysterious?" Rarity muttered the question.

Logan grunted, "You have no idea..."

"Tell me about it." Eddie sighed, "I've only ever met you once or twice, Bats. But that seems to be your whole schtick."

"It's what I do." replied the vigilante. "It keeps you in suspense."

"D-Did you just tell a joke?" Fluttershy studdered the question.

"Maybe." said Batman with a thin smirk.

Kaine groaned, "Jesus... What the hell did I get myself into?"


"Alright, Loki... You can get us now!" Lex shouted.

Sinestro grunted, "I still can't believe you just ran off like that, Luthor!" he snarled.

Lex kept his composure as he looked around the empty forest, "It was a tactical retreat, Sinestro. The last thing we need is for the other heroes we have yet to capture to ambush us when our plan has begun."

"I like the way you think Lex!" Joker complimented, patting the genius's armor, a clanking sound heard as he did.

Captain Cold chuckled, "Well, on the bright side, we brought down Spider-Man for the time being."

"Yes, but now Batman and Wolverine will no doubt aid him in the healing process." Slade reminded the Legion.

"We agreed to not kill Spider-Man." Lex said.

'That's right!'

"Who said that?" asked Grundy.

Discord materalized in his astral form behind the zombie, 'Me, of course! I'm sure Luthor over here told you all about me!' he greeted the legion of villains.

"Sorta." Heatwave admitted.

'Aha! So, anyway... I'm gonna warp you all to safe haven where the heroes won't be able to find you for the time being... Until Lex perfects what he needs to get done of course.' Discord added. 'Loki is waiting for you there right now, so you all can discuss this little game of yours when you get there.'

The draconequss appeared behind Luthor, 'Oh and by the way, the dingus knight tried to track you. You may want to remove it.' he revealed to the mastermind.

"Perfect. Thanks for the tip Discord." Lex replied, removing the small chip placed on his armor.

'Anytime!'

With a snap of his fingers, Discord warped the Legion of Doom away to his hideout in Tartarus.


"Oh man..." muttered Peter in his sleep. "It feels like I fought Glacius again..." he said, still feeling cold under the covers. "Wait a minute... How did I get here?"

Before he could say anything else, though, Twilight wrapped her hooves around him. "Thank the stars you're alright. You have to stop doing that!" she yelled.

Peter let out a small chuckle, "What can I say, honey? I keep you on your toes..." he kissed her for a second. "Now, how did I get here? Did the Spiders find me?"

"Kind of. They had some help." Twilight answered.

"Did you and the girls pick me up?"

The alicorn shook her head, "It'd be best if you saw for yourself." she saw Peter gently pick himself up from the bed and stand on the floor on all fours.

'Man, I'm feeling better already... Captain Cold's gun really weakened me. I just gotta be more prepared for next time. But what did Lex mean when he said we won't be seeing Superman anytime soon?' thought the stallion as he got to the living room.

Peter saw all the familiar faces, the Spiders, the Elements of Harmony, Trixie, Sunset, Spike, and Mayday. But he also saw two strangely clothed stallions standing with them. It took about a moment for his brain to process who they were, and he was left speechless.

"Hey, kid. Been a while, huh?" Logan greeted.

"Hello, Peter." Batman said. "I see your wounds healed faster than I initially thought. You probably have some questions about what's going on."

"W-Wolverine? Batman? What are you doing here!?"

"Like that?" Ben wondered.

PreviousChapters Next