• Published 5th Sep 2016
  • 2,014 Views, 204 Comments

Spiders and Magic: Dimensional Crisis - MetalJrock



Spider-Mane and his friends must protect Equestria from the Legion of Doom.

  • ...
33
 204
 2,014

PreviousChapters Next
Divide and Conquer, Part I

Peter quietly walked into the room where Ben was sleeping, the rising sun was glowing through the lone window, shining down upon the comatose clone. The stallion sighed, grabbing a chair and sitting down upon it as his gaze turned downward. He saw that the wounds inflicted on Ben were slowly healing as time went on, relieving Peter of the worry of his healing factor.

"Hey, bro." he whispered. Ben remained silent, his breathing being the only noise. "If you can hear me, I just wanted to let you know... We're gonna stop the legion. For your sake." a soft smile formed on Peter's face, "And I've been thinking about something for a while. Er, two things actually... But I'll have to speak to Twilight about that once I have the time... The other thing..."

Peter paused, holding up a small piece of paper, it was a design of sorts, and appeared to be a modification of his costume, "Well, I'll let you and Kaine make the choice once you wake up. This whole mess made me see things in a new light... And I felt you should know that."

The stallion got up from his chair, taking the paper with him. "Hope you get better, Ben. We're all waiting for you." he exhaled, slowly closing the door before leaving.

Peter closed the door behind him and closed his eyes, Logan and Miguel were waiting for him. "You better, Parker?" Miguel asked sincerely.

"Yeah, it's just tough." Peter admitted.

Logan nodded, "We're rootin' fer him. The Legion of Doom's tearin' us apart physically and mentally. And I'll slice their asses fer even threatenin' us."

"That time may come soon, Logan." said Batman.

"What do you mean?" asked Eddie, stepping forward.

"What I mean is, we may have a chance to save Superman. But that's it. One chance. We can't afford to screw this up." Batman explained to Brock.

"I'm kinda lost on what's happening." Star-Lord admitted, scratching he neck. "So, um, can you explain the whole thing?"

Twilight sighed, "A group of villains from another Earth showed up here with a god named Loki. They put most of the heroes under mind control and are sending them here."

"Alright, got it." Quill responded, jotting stuff down in a notepad.

"Where did you get that?" Scott questioned.

"Me!" Pinkie chimed in, popping up behind Lang, scaring him.

Deadpool waved a hoof, "With some help from yours truly."

Quicksilver shook his head at what was happening, "Sometimes I wonder how we're the heroes."

"Well, we're funny for one thing." Barry chuckled, "And we can actually stand here and plan without being at each other's throats." he paused for a split second, "Most of the time anyway."

"You." Drax called out to Batman, "Man with the appearance of a bat. Are you in fact part bat?" he wondered.

"No. I wear this to strike fear into my enemies. Criminals are a superstitious and cowardly lot." Batman explained.

"So, a guy dressed as a bat is our smartest hero?" Rocket snarled, "What kinda nonsense is happenin'?"

"Show 'em some respect, furball!" Logan scolded, crouching down to scowl at Rocket.

"Calm down!" Sunset scolded, appearing between the two, shoving them away slightly. "If we're gonna save Superman then we all have to work together! I'm getting tired of all of us fighting every time somepony else shows up!"

Gamora nodded, "She's right. We're not gonna get a lot done by arguing with each other. So Quill, Rocket... Knock it off."

"Alright, alright. Jeez. Wasn't me." Star-Lord mumbled.

Barry looked at Miguel, "Something tells me this was a bad idea."

"You're telling me. I should've stayed in my timeline." O'Hara replied.

Barry's eyes widened in realization, "Oh, you're from the future, right? Did any records describe our world? I mean, I wouldn't think so, but you can never be too careful with time travel."

"Somewhat. The records mention that during the Heroic Age, the heroes of our Earth crossed paths with heroes from other worlds, including Equestria, your world and some other world called Capcom for whatever reason." Miguel revealed. "What the shock do you know about time travel?"

The Flash looked at the ground, a sheepish smile on his face, "Yeah, um... I may have accidentally time travelled a few times. Someimes it led to creatures called Time Wraiths popping up for doing so. They really seem to hate speedsters messing with time."

"I think Parker mentioned Time Wraiths once." Miguel replied. "Seems kinda strange. I've never really dealt with opposing time travel forces before."

"Well the Wraiths are no joke. They won't stop until the anomoly is gone. Believe me, even someone as fast as me stuggle when escaping them." Barry admitted.

"I'll keep your word for it." Miguel replied.

Meanwhile, Groot kneeled down, extending a finger. The Cutie Mark Crusaders watched as a lone flower grew on him. "That's so cool!" Sweetie Belle complimented, the tree smiling at her words.

"I am Groot."

"Hey, if yer happy pal, you won't hear me complainin'." Rocket said with a smirk.

"You're a softie, aren't ya?" Applebloom teased.

Rocket rolled his eyes, "Nah. Groot and I understand each other. You'll understand when you're older."

"What the heck is that supposed to mean?" Scootaloo questioned, furrowing a brow at his words.

"I dunno. I just wanted to say that."

Meanwhile, Peter, Johnny, Bobby and Wade sat together. "So, Bobby. What's new with the X-Men?"

"Eh. Nothing too crazy. For some reason some group calling themselves Inhumans randomly showed up, but don't worry we're all trying to avoid conflict." Bobby assured.

"Inhumans?" Johnny repeated, "I think we've been to their land before. Attilan I think it was called. Yeah, their leader Black Bolt really isn't talkative. But they're back? Let's hope that this is for the better..." he sighed.

"As long as there isn't a Civil War, I say we're good." Peter comforted.

"Good luck with that!" Deadpool laughed.

"No one is gonna get that."

"Yeah, how can there be a Civil War II?"

"And Inhumans fighting X-Men..."

"Superheroes fight all the time in both of our worlds! Batman and Superman fought plenty of times!."

"Good point."

Deadpool continued, "Anyway, we're all crowded in this house and I am really craving some tacos." he rubbed his hooves together after saying that, "Ya got any Mexican restaurants here?"

"Sorry, DP. No tacos here. Or any variety of meat for that matter." Peter apologized.

"Nooooooo!" screamed Wade at the top of his lungs.

Johnny smirked, "Drama king."

"No kidding." Bobby muttered.

Meanwhile, Twilight looked Star-Lord's gear, "This is fascinating. Are you a human like my husband? You mentioned that you patrol the galaxy all the time."

"Yep! I was abducted after my Mom..." he paused, "Well, I was raised by a group of outlaws called the Ravagers and a blue alien guy called Yondu. He made me the man I am today."

"I'm still debating whether that's a bad thing or not." Gamora said in a snarky tone.

Quill chuckled, spinning around, "Well, I am the greatest outlaw and hero in the universe. So I say it was for the better."

"After your mom what?" Twilight wondered.

The outlaw frowned, "She died when I was a child."

Twilight gasped, "By the stars... I'm sorry..."

"You didn't know." Quill said in an usually serious tone. "But I moved on... I'm her Star-Lord after all."

Spike decided to speak to Quicksilver and Drax, but the dragon turned his attention to the destroyer. "Hello, purple dragon thing." greeted Drax, earning an awkward chuckle from Spike.

"The name's Spike." the drake revealed.

"Why are you called that? Shouldn't you have sharp scales if that were the case?" Drax wondered.

Quicksilver nudged Drax's shoulder, "He still has scales, greeny. But his youth makes them harder to spot. It's still a pretty cool name, though." he said.

"Anyway, is space cool?" Spike wondered.

"It is freezing if that's what you're wondering." Drax replied in a stern tone.

"What?" Spike asked.

"Oh, you meant if I like space." the destroyer realized, "It is alright, Is suppose. But I usually dwell on getting revenge on the one who killed my family years ago while on the ship." he growled, raising a hoof to the sky in bitterness.

"Who did that? That's terrible!" Spike exclaimed.

"The Mad Titan, Thanos." Drax revealed.

Quicksilver leaned on a wall, "That nutcase? He's done a lot worse. No offense, but I'm sure he doesn't even remember that. To him death is a statistic." he recalled.

Drax gritted his teeth, "I'll make him remember. Once we find him anyway."

"Wow. There's someone more bloodthirsty than Goblin? I didn't think that was possible." Spike hummed, crossing his arms.

The alien nodded, "It is. The vast cosmos are home to many diabolical people."

Not too far away, Fluttershy looked at the wall, seeing Kaine slouched down still. He would occasionally turn his head to the room. "Kaine?" she whispered. The clone merely grunted and dug his head into his hooves as a response. The meek pegasus flinched at his reaction, but she moved closer to him.

"Um... Are you feeling better?" she asked.

"We shouldn't be goofing around like this." Kaine growled, "My brother is in a goddamn coma and here we are chatting it up with talking space raccoons and trees!" he yelled, getting Eddie's attention as well as Peter's.

Peter leaned on the wall next to Kaine, "You know I feel bad about what happened."

"Yeah! You were the one that did it!" Kaine snapped, Peter jumped back as a result. The stallion noticed that there were bags under his eyes, "Yet here you are acting like the idiot you always are!"

"Hey, knock it off, Kaine! He felt just as guilty as you do!" Eddie snapped back.

"Don't you dare defend this, Brock!" shouted the clone, poling Brock in the chest. "We should be focusing on stopping the Legion of Doom, but we're just sitting in this house!"

"Um, K-Kaine... You should calm down." Fluttershy suggested, putting a hoof on Kaine's shoulder, "You're starting a scene."

"Good."

Before anypony else could react, a batarang hit the wall next to Kaine's head, silencing the room. "Shut the hell up." Batman started to say, "We know that you're close to Ben. But we can't just sit around and mope. Not when we have a chance to end this war."

Kaine scowled, getting up from his spot. Twilight tried to run after him, but he webbed her up. Peter ran to his clone, holding him down. "Don't you dare do that to Twilight!" he ordered.

"Yeah dude! What the hell?" Johnny scolded, lighting a fireball in his grip.

"Look, Kaine. You're mad, I get it. But don't take it out on anyone else." Bobby warned, turning his hoof into ice for a brief second.

"So, that's it?" Kaine asked, "The second I'm pissed off, there's a target on my head! I knew I couldn't trust any of you!"

Miguel flew over Kaine, "You're throwing a shocking temper tantrum right now! Calm down! We can talk about this without having to punch each other!"

Kaine shot a ball of webbing at O'Hara, making him fall on his back. "Don't you dare lecture me, O'Hara! I should've never listened to you back at Alchemax." he put on his mask and costume as he said this, his anger still evident.

"So, this is where we're at, huh?" Peter asked, crossing his hooves, "After all we've been through, you're just gonna up and leave?" he questioned, removing the webbing off Twilight. "Real mature of you, bro." he added with bitterness in his tone.

"You did the impossible, Kaine." Twilight remembered, "If it weren't for you! Our worlds would be ruled by Sloan!"

"Think, Kaine!" Sunset told him. "You wouldn't have even reunited with Ben without Peter and Eddie!"

"That may be true, but I should've never stuck around after that." First Spider growled, kicking the door open, "I'm sticking to how I handle things. Alone. I'm leaving. Don't go looking for me." he flicked a hoof, a stream of webbing following. He shot himself upwards, before vanishing in the distance.

"I can get him." the Flash said.

Peter put a hoof in front of the speedster, "Don't. He needs time to vent. He'll be back." he turned around, seeing tears in his daughter's eyes, he wrapped his hooves around her as did Twilight.

"Why did Uncle Kaine leave...?" she asked.

"Shh. He's just a little mad at what happened to Ben. He'll be back, I promise." Twilight comforted. "There, there, May..."

"'Man, Kaine's a bigger jerk than usual." Scootaloo huffed.

"Yeah. He's so mean..." Pinkie sighed.

"Don't worry about him." Logan grunted, "He'll be fine on his own. But if he wants to act childish, then let 'em. He'll get over it soon enough."

"Yeah. But he Mayday cry!" Scott reminded them, "You don't make adorable children cry!"

"I have to agree with the man of ants." Drax nodded.

Star-Lord sighed, "Of course, we show up and everyone decided to act all moody." he muttered, "What happened that got him so pissed off anyhow?"

"His brother, Ben was put in a coma." Batman explained. "It was due to a dangerous chemical called Fear Toxin that made Parker aggresive once he was exposed."

"You... Did that?" Gamora asked.

"Yeah... I'm not too happy about it." sighed Peter.

"C'mon, Peter. We know you didn't do it." Trixie assured. "The Legion of Doom manipulated Wade to expose you to the gas."

"Wow. We must have missed a helluva lot." Rocket realized.

"I am Groot."

"I'm sad too, Groot." Pinkie sighed.

"Now what?" Applebloom wondered, "Do we go after Kaine?"

"Like I said, we should leave him. He'll be back to his senses."

Rarity huffed, "The nerve of him. After all you've done, this is how he acts?"

"I know." Sweetie groaned, "We don't need him anyway!"

"Yeah!" Deadpool agreed.

"Well, at least things couldn't get any crazier." Peter sighed, rubbing his neck.

Then suddenly, a flash of light alerted the heroes and ponies. Luna appeared once the light dimmed, facing the stallion, "Peter! Twilight! We need your--" she paused, seeing how crowded the house had gotten since she last saw it.

"Who are these ponies?"

Peter looked at the moon princess, "Oh, right. Hey guys. This is Princess Luna." he wrapped a hoof around her, the princess blushing at his touch, "These are some old friends of mine, from my world and another. You remember Logan of course. Then there's Batman, Ant-Man, Quicksilver, The Flash, the Guardians of the Galaxy, Human Torch, Iceman, and... Deadpool."

"Hiya, Moonbutt!" Deadpool greeted. Luna responded to the nickname by shooting him with a beam. "What a reunion!"

"Er, I see..." Luna eyed the others, and seeing Eddie and Miguel, "Where are Mister Reilly and Kaine?"

"Kaine left fer a bit because Ben's in a coma..." Logan replied in a gruff tone.

"A coma? By the stars... How?"

"I--" Peter started to say.

"It was me!" Deadpool cried in a dramatic manner, kneeling down and cutting Parker off, "The Legion of Doom tricked me! I didn't mean for it to happen! They used a nutty chemical called Fear Toxin to make me do the deed!"

"Oh, um... Wade." Peter whispered, "What are you doing?"

"Saving yourself and Luna some angst." Wade whispered back. He eyed the others to make sure they play along.

"Is this true?" Luna wondered.

"Yes." Twilight lied, "But he's with us because thanks to Batman we figured out he was being used. He felt really bad about it and now he wants to help."

"Very well, if they trust you, Deadpool. Then I will not harm you."

"Awesome!"

"So, Luna. You're a princess in this magical horse dimension?" Star-Lord asked.

"Oh, um, should I bow now?" Ant-Man wondered, getting to a knee.

"Indeed I am. I control the moon while my sister Celestia raises the sun." Luna revealed. "And there is no need to now, Ant-Man. Any friend of Peter's is a friend to me."

"Control the sun and moon? That's farfetched." Rocket chuckled.

"Says the talking raccoon who's friends with a giant tree." Ant-Man joked.

"Don't call me a raccoon!" Rocket hissed.

Before Luna could respond to Quill's question, Sunset cleared her throat and cut her off, "Why are you here Princess Luna?"

"Canterlot is in trouble, Sunset. We need you all to stop the threats that plague it." Luna explained, "Where are the other Elements of Harmony at?"

"Oh, um... They were injured in another battle. Rainbow Dash and Applejack are recovering while Twilight, Sunset and Trixie can't use their magic for the time being." Quicksilver elaborated. "So, you'll just have to do with us."

"Alright then. I must warn you the foes we're about to face are peculiar." Luna warned.

Batman scowled, "Describe them."

"There is a small group of blue creatures, led by one with an arrow that follows his whistle somehow. The second is dressed like a scarecrow. Another has a suit with a bird on it. I seem to recall somepony in a devil costume for whatever reason. Then there's the one Celestia saw. The Pony in the Yellow Suit."

"Some of them sound familiar." Eddie realized.

"Yeah." Logan grunted.

"Pony in a yellow suit?" Flash repeated. "Oh no..." his eyes widened. "we gotta get there now!"

"Wait!" Spike shouted, "I'm coming too!"

"Hm." hummed Peter, seeing the others who are unable to fight.

"Go. We'll be fine without you." Twilight assured.

"Are you sure? What if the Legion--?" Peter was stopped once again.

"If Kaine is anything like you, he'll come back if we're in danger. What's happening in Canterlot is more important." the alicorn replied.

"But..."

"If it makes you feel any better, than I'll stay Peter." Eddie added.

Peter sighed, "Alright, Brock. If anything happens... Find a way to speak with Dr. Fate to get in contact with us."

"You got it!" Brock declared.

Sunset exhaled, "We're stuck here when we're needed. That's just wonderful."

"Tell me about it." Trixie replied.

"Now that's settled. Send us there, Luna!" Peter said. Luna used her magic to warp all of the heroes to Canterlot, where their next battle awaited.


Tartarus...

"Can we go now?" Joker whined.

"Actually... I was thinking about sending a few of us there. As a small warning for Equestria. We attack Ponyville soon. But first we should wait for them to get offworld." Luthor revealed.

"I have a small Chitauri army I can send there." Loki chuckled. "I can weaken the heroes even more. I do say it's about time I went into the frontlines."

Luthor paused to think, "I can work with that. Then once they're offworld as I anticipate, then the Legion of Doom shall strike."

"Oh, I love it when a plan comes together!" Discord said, holding a blueprint.

"Me too." Deathstroke said, "But I'm itchin' for a fight. I'll handle that clone while Loki's gone."

"You may do so, Slade. If things go awry, I'll send you back here." Loki responded.

"Finally! We're doin' something!" Heatwave groaned.

PreviousChapters Next