• Published 25th Aug 2016
  • 1,092 Views, 40 Comments

A Pony a Day - OfTheIronwilled



Little ponies go through endless scenarios. And by "endless" I mean "one hundred".

  • ...
4
 40
 1,092

PreviousChapters Next
Colors (11/7/2017)

It dripped off of her in a putrid slop. The ooze, so beautiful until it mixed together into a green-brown, smeared out of her, down her entire body, onto the ground. Rainbow Dash watched as her coat turned a slate gray, her mane leaking away its hues into a jiggling puddle. The pale pink of her skin was gone, rolling down her hooves in bright rivulets.

When it was all done draining away, Rainbow Dash was left a specter of black and white, ghostly pale and shaking. On the ground, a globby mass of what used to be her color shivered in place.

"Uh, Twilight?! What in the hay was that?!"

Twilight, gasping in panicked air and desperately flipping pages as fast as she could, shook her head. "I-- I don't know! I didn't even cast it on you, I cast it on the--"

The two of them went silent as a wavering, hissed laugh wormed its way through the air. At the back of the castle, Discord's friend the Smooze lay on the crystal, shimmering with the purple light of Twilight's magic. She had been hoping to do experiments, starting with just figuring out what he was made of, but...

"I think the Smooze is having an adverse reaction to my magic," she said as she searched through the book. "Maybe the material his body is made of somehow reflected his properties onto you? Onto your colors? Oh, I don't know Rainbow, this just doesn't make any sense. But whatever it is, I'm sure we can--"

She stopped cold. A drop of purple liquid dripped onto the page she was reading.

At the same time, the Smooze shivered. So did the mass of Rainbow's colors on the floor.

Twilight twitched as more of her purples, blues, and pinks started to pour down her body like a waterfall. As she did so, she flipped another page on accident--

On it was a picture of a cold gray Equestria, smothered under a giant blob of color.

PreviousChapters Next