• Published 25th Aug 2016
  • 1,094 Views, 40 Comments

A Pony a Day - OfTheIronwilled



Little ponies go through endless scenarios. And by "endless" I mean "one hundred".

  • ...
4
 40
 1,094

PreviousChapters Next
Fallow (7/30/2017)

Applejack limped across the path. Her mane, still unbelievably long tied up, swung dangerously close to the ground whenever her body would dip. The top of her head was bare. Her right ear had a tear at its tip. Whenever her metal hind leg met the dirt, it gave off a heavy thud and kicked up dust.

But none of that mattered anymore. After all, they finally slayed that beast. It was over now.

She dragged herself up the trail to the farm house, that old wooden house like a beacon, a life preserver just almost in her reach. She could almost imagine the Rainboom from so long ago, leading her here, telling her that this was home. Coming back, after... after all that time away... it felt just like that.

She only hoped things hadn't changed too much since she left. Though years would change anypony, she reckoned -- so she just hoped she hadn't missed anything too important. And that they hadn't written her off as dead when she disappeared on them.

With a sigh, Applejack reached the door. Inside, she could hear hooves clacking against wood, and the muted conversations between two faraway voices -- one was that old drawl, but deeper and slower now, and the other... well, she could hardly recognize it. It almost sounded like her mother, but Applejack knew better.

Something squirmed inside her chest. She felt a heat sting at her eyes, and she could hardly contain herself as she lifted her hoof and knocked on the door. It had been just so darned long without seeing them, and now she was finally getting that chance again. The chance to go home.

When Apple Bloom opened the door, Big Mac not far behind her, she smiled through her tears.

"Howdy," Applejack said.

And then she was in the arms of her family.

PreviousChapters Next