• Published 25th Aug 2016
  • 1,095 Views, 40 Comments

A Pony a Day - OfTheIronwilled



Little ponies go through endless scenarios. And by "endless" I mean "one hundred".

  • ...
4
 40
 1,095

PreviousChapters Next
Control (???)

Author's Note:

I'm... not sure when I wrote this. I just kinda found it. So a bonus chapter, I guess, since I didn't have time to write one for 4/22/2017.

Flying always made her feel like she was dying. Ever since she was a little foal and her weak wings made it hard for her to get around, she hated it; when she did fly it was a cacophony of whipping wind, of a sickening blue that swirled in her vision. Other pegasi enjoyed the push, the ravage pull of gravity and of the wind. The two forces made your stomach drop and your blood boil in the freedom of adrenaline. You knew that at any moment the sky could deny you space, throw you from its graces to smash you against a mountain or the ground; you knew that at any moment it could choose today to end you, but the magic of the whole situation is that it wouldn't. Because you were the one with wings, and you were the one who told the sky what you wanted it to do.

Fluttershy never held that control for very long. She couldn't, and she didn't want it in the first place.

But sometimes... sometimes the sky was so beautiful. And as long as she stayed low and stayed slow... she found something she could really appreciate.

PreviousChapters Next