• Published 25th Aug 2016
  • 1,080 Views, 40 Comments

A Pony a Day - OfTheIronwilled



Little ponies go through endless scenarios. And by "endless" I mean "one hundred".

  • ...
4
 40
 1,080

PreviousChapters Next
Crack (8/23/2016) [Unfinished]

Fluttershy wipes Twilight's eyes and cheeks with a warm towel, while using one downy wing to fan the alicorn. The poor dear is still shaking, and her eyes are still a little dull. The erratic breathing has slowed down, at least.

"Twilight, goodness, are you okay? You just seemed so distraught when I came in..." Fluttershy gingerly grabs one of her purple hooves and strokes it. "Would you like to... talk about it? Oh, you don't have to, of course. I wouldn't want to make you uncomfortable, but it usually helps me if I talk it through with Rarity at the spa."

Twilight looks at Fluttershy hard for a while, and then blinks to clear away the red in her eyes. Her mane is stringy, falling over her forehead in a waterfall of spidery cords, and their are bruise-purple bags under her eyes. She sighs, and it almost makes them more apparent.

"Really, Fluttershy, I'm fine. I... I'm not sure what happened to me. One minute I was just organizing the bookshelves, and then... and then that happened. I'm okay now though. At least, I think I am. Now I'm just feeling kind of...."

Twilight's eyes glaze, and she wiggles around her hooves in front of her. She twitches her mouth, and even opens it a few times, but after the third try she just furrows her brow. Twilight sighs again.

"Crazy?" Fluttershy offers. "Detached?"

Twilight blinks. "I... yeah. Actually, that does sound right. I--"

"It sounds to me like you might have had a panic attack, Twilight. I've been fortunate enough to be able to work through them with my critter friends, but I still know how-- how awful it feels. You poor thing." Fluttershy lets that hang in the air for a bit. She would hug her friend but... oh, she's not sure Twilight would appreciate physical contact right now. Things like this have made Fluttershy herself feel just a little bit fragile afterwards.

"I know what they are; I've even done some researching into mental illnesses like anxiety and panic disorders before," Twilight rasps. "After all, it... I..."

Fluttershy nods. "This isn't the first time this has happened... is it, Twilight?"

PreviousChapters Next