• Published 25th Aug 2016
  • 1,095 Views, 40 Comments

A Pony a Day - OfTheIronwilled



Little ponies go through endless scenarios. And by "endless" I mean "one hundred".

  • ...
4
 40
 1,095

PreviousChapters Next
Flu (1/17/2017)

She woke up, her vision hazy and her world spinning, to two pegasi creaking her door open.

"Girls, you shouldn't be here," she croaked tiredly. "I'm still highly contagious!"

Fluttershy and Rainbow Dash just shook their heads as they walked through the door. Fluttershy, a colorful basket clenched in her jaw, shook at her wings and hummed, then placed the goodies at the side of Twilight's sick bed. Rainbow Dash had a couple jars -- one filled with applesauce and the other with honey -- which she sat down next to the basket.

She shrugged. "Listen Twilight, being in this room for like two seconds isn't going to make us sick. And even if it does, we're... kinda more equipped to handle it than you."

Fluttershy nodded. "She's right, Twilight. We've both had the feather flu before, and be know how to deal with it by now. You don't have to worry about us."

Twilight blinked, and everything canted to the side. It was blurry, and her throat hurt-- and then Fluttershy was gently petting her mane.

"All you need to worry about is getting better."

"Yeah, which is why we brought you this stuff. Figure Spike can give it to you whenever you're feeling a little more up to it."

Another hoof joined the other (Twilight was getting tired... well, more tired... somehow...) and somewhere far away Twilight swore she could hear some distant chuckles. Her eyes closed on her own, her eyelids were so heavy-- she needed to get up and sort out more books from the new library, but...

"I hope you feel better soon, Twilight. I know how awful it can be the first time."

"Yeah, don't work too hard. Leave that to us."

And if Twilight had fallen asleep before they made it out of the door, that was perfect.

PreviousChapters Next