• Published 25th Aug 2016
  • 1,092 Views, 40 Comments

A Pony a Day - OfTheIronwilled



Little ponies go through endless scenarios. And by "endless" I mean "one hundred".

  • ...
4
 40
 1,092

PreviousChapters Next
Confront (10/2/2016)

Author's Note:

This story is part three of a series. It is a continuation of Focus and Listen.

When Pinkie Pie wakes up everything is still a little blurry, but she knows that she must have had that happen again, because her tummy hurts and so does her head, and her stomach and head only ache when that happens-- oh! or when she drinks a lot of coffee. Hmm... did she drink coffee? Maybe she did, and she's really fine. She can't remember.

While mulling over her possible coffee-drinkage, Pinkie Pie rolls over on her bed (which doesn't have any crumbs in it this time, and is weirdly pristine), and--

Oh no. It's Mrs. Cake. A-And she looks worried. Oh no, oh no, it really did happen again-- and Twilight really did tell her!

But... but that's okay! No, really, that's super-duper, 'cause there's nothing wrong with Aunty Pinkie Pie, no ma'am! She's... she's just Pinkie being her normal quirky Pinkie self! Nothing else.

There can't be anything else.

"Pinkie, honey, are you feeling okay?" Mrs. Cake asks her.

"Oh, um-- yup! I must have just partied too hardy, Mrs. Cake. Isn't that crazy? I mean, the last time I partied too hard, it was when Cheese Sandwich was around, and even then I didn't get too tired; I just--"

"Pinkie Pie."

Pinkie Pie wipes the sweat off of her forehead, and ignores how tired her eyes feel. She just smiles those ghosties away and... and...

"Please, honeybunch, Mr. Cake and I are worried about you. And so are your friends, like Princess Twilight. Please. You can tell me and Mr. Cake anything, you know that."

Pinkie's lip doesn't tremble. No, it doesn't. She smiles, and wiggles around under the blankets, and starts to get up from bed. She's got two little foals who desperately need those cold plastic-ring-thingies for their developing teeth!

When Mrs. Cake put a hoof to Pinkie's chest, Pinkie's smile drops. It's hard to bring it back. When Mrs. Cake sniffles, and her tears gently drip to the floor...

Pinkie's tears join them. She... she didn't want to make anypony sad... she's supposed to make them smile, not... and especially Mrs. Cake...

"Oh, Pinkie," the old mare breathes. "Pinkie Promise me that you're okay."

Pinkie can't. She shakes her head slowly.

"Then Pinkie Promise me that you'll let Princess Twilight and her friends help you, sweetie."

Pinkie doesn't want to... but she does.

For... for Mrs. Cake's sake.

PreviousChapters Next