• Published 25th Aug 2016
  • 1,092 Views, 40 Comments

A Pony a Day - OfTheIronwilled



Little ponies go through endless scenarios. And by "endless" I mean "one hundred".

  • ...
4
 40
 1,092

PreviousChapters Next
Illness (8/28/2016)

Fluttershy shakes her head vehemently -- or maybe that's just her body. Sh-she has been sh-shivering for a while now, after all... Oh! But, oh dear, there's no need for all of her little critter friends to be concerned; probably just a quick magical cold, or a passing mild case of the feather-flu. Just... just a few minutes to lie down, and then she can get right back to work. Yes, she needs to feed all her darling birdies... and check on Mouser's leg... and...

Fluttershy yawns and tries to stand, and her world spins. Her vision swims, her body topples into a puddle of sweat on her sheets, and when she blinks her head feels heavy. But that's no bother. Fluttershy only needs to--

Angel Bunny glares at her from across the room. He has Fluttershy's softest, warmest blanket (a wonderful gift from her friend Rarity) in his little paws. His frown is so intense, he might just burst into flames.

"Oh Angel, sweetie, there's--" she sneezes, "N-No need to be alarmed. I'm perfectly fine and..."

He wiggles his nose in the most furious, terrifying little wiggle Fluttershy has ever seen, and hops up onto the bed. He raises his paw to push Fluttershy to the sheets, but by the time he touches her she's already collapsed again anyway. In one swift motion the rabbit lifts his stubby arms and raises the blanket.

"Really, Angel, wouldn't you like your salad? I can go prepare it for you if you'd like; a darling bunny like you shouldn't have to make it yourself."

Angel shakes his head, throwing the fabric over Fluttershy's wings and tucking it to her chin. When the pegasus yawns, he snuggles his downy head to tickle the underneath of her chin, and pats her flushed cheeks in gentle taps. When he hops away after another quick snuggle, he draws a tiny finger over his throat, and then angrily, angrily jabs his finger to the bed. Stay put.

"Sleep? Oh no, I couldn't do that, sweetie. Why, I was supposed to monitor Cheddar's progress today and-- a-and--"

Angel lets out a little chuckle as Fluttershy's voice wavers; he now sits on top of her head, nuzzling sweetly into her mane and brushing her forehead. The petite mare's breathing evens, her head lowers, and her flushed face softens into a gentle and quiet smile.

"Oh..." Fluttershy sighs. A couple of squirrels scamper to her sides, and kiss her wings. She grins wider, and her body sags into her mattress. "Maybe... maybe I will rest... b-but just for... for a little while..."

Angel Bunny lays there until her stuffy breathing turns to snores.

PreviousChapters Next