• Published 25th Nov 2016
  • 2,800 Views, 95 Comments

Spike's UnderTale - Animefan608



To prove that he is brave, Spike climbs Mount Ebott alone but accidentally falls into a hole and ends up in the world of monsters. He tries to find his way back to the surface alone while monsters are trying to take his soul. He makes new friends too

  • ...
9
 95
 2,800

Chapter 2: No Time For Scaredy Sidekicks

Spike was walking around ponyvile, trying to figure out who he should be friends with. " Now, lets see who would be friends to a dragon like me. The Cutie Mark crusader would be a good option but they tend to get themselves into trouble a lot. Yeah, that probably wouldn't be the best idea. Although I suppose I could give a shot anyway....right." Spike was a little nervous about that but he knew he couldn't be too picky.

"There is also big Mac. He's strong, kind....and is known for not being very talkative. I'll put him on the maybe." Spike Then notice Button Mash walking by. "Botton Mash seems to be a good choice for a friend. I mean we both like video games. Then again, Botton Mash tends to be a crybaby all the time. I'll put him on the Maybe too. Than there's Cranky."

"Do I look like a Toby Fox to you. For the last time I didn't order this huge thing. I ordered a new toupee!!" shouted Cranky. He was yelling at Derpy Hooves for getting his order wrong as he was pointing at a huge box.

Spike thought about if Cranky was a best choice of a friend."Hhmm.....no." Then Spike saw a florist shop. "Hey that a good place to start." He said, and he ran to the place.

A while later, Spike decided to help out ponyvile's three well known florists Daisy, Lily, and Rose, hoping to gain their friendship. "Thank you for your help Spike. We've been kinda fallen behind on our orders." Said Rose.

"Yeah, its very nice to offer to help us." said Lily.

"No problem, what are friends for." Spike replied as he watered the flowers. Things were going smoothly so far until he Suddenly had an urge to sneeze. "Um L-lily."

"Yes"

"W-what....K-kind o-of flowers a-are these?" He than realized he was great an allergic reaction from the flowers he was holding.
"Begonia, why ?"

"I-I..can't..I.... AAAAACHHOOOOOOOOO !!!!!" Spike sneezed like a flame thrower burning all the flower in front of him including all the flowers on display outside. "Uh-oh."

"NOOOOOOOOOO !!!!" they all shouted as they screamed in horror.

"This is a disaster !!" said Daisy.

"The horror, the horror !!" shouted Rose.

"Oh no. I"m so sorry I didn't mean to. W-where there a bucket ?!" Spike looked around for a bucket of water but then instead found something better. A garden hose. He turned the knob and put the fire but also got the florists completely wet. Even though he put out the fire there was nothing left. The fire burn't everything in front of the shop. "I am so sorry I never meant to-"

"YOU FLOWER BURNER !!!" shouted Daisy, as the three florists glared at Spike with extreme anger burning in their eyes.

"HOW COULD YOU BURN ALL OUR FLOWERS?! WHAT HAS AN INNOCENT FLOWER DONE TO YOU !!!" Screamed Rose.

"Lets get him girls !!" They both aggressively walked towards Spike as he slowly backed away from them. Spike was getting nervous by the way they were approaching him.

"Whoa come on. I-it was an accident." Spike knew he was in hot water now. The only option now was to run. "Oh Celestia, if this was a game I would reset."

"YOU CAN NEVER RESET !!!" screamed Daisy as they both charged at the small purple dragon.

"AAAAAAAAAHHHHH !!!!" Spike fled as fast has his small legs could take him.


Later on, Spike managed to get away from the crazy florists, and continued to search for some pony who would be his new best friend. "Alright, well, being friends with them didn't work. Okay who else."

Spike then noticed kids were having recess at the school. He walked in front of fence, watching all the kids his age have fun. A part of him wished he could go to school like every pony else but if you have librarian for a guardian there actually was no need for one. Twilight always tries to teach him about things, and always gets him good educated reading materials even though he never reads them. The only thing he likes reading the most is comics. "Maybe it's better if I make friends my own age."

He tried to get over the fence until he was stopped by Ms. Cheerilee's voice. "Don't even think about it Spike !" He got off the fence as the Ponyvile's frowning teacher Ms. Cheerilee walked by. "Sorry Spike, you know the rules. Students only."

"But I just wanted try to hang out with the other kids."

"Why not just ask Twilight to sign you up. Your still a kid Spike. You can be a part of my classes if you want." Suggested Cheerilee as her voiced soften.

"Tempting, but you know I can't Ms. Cheerilee. Twilight barely gives me any time to myself as it is. I'm her assistant and she expects me to always help her out. Even though she floods me with work I have to play my part." Spike sighed, as he stared at the ground in sadness. "Besides, I bet you only teach ponies not dragons."

"Spike thats not true. My doors are open for every child of ponyvile ether if it's a Griffin, Dragon, heck maybe even a Changeling. My doors are open for all children who want to learn and be educated." Said Ms. Cheerilee as she trotted back to her class, who were heading inside. Spike felt disappointed that he couldn't be with the other kids unless he was a student, but he was glad to know that he could always sign up if he wanted. But, he knew that wouldn't happen. He would have to get Twilight's permission first, and Spike knew if he asked her, she would say no and go on and on about how much she needed him.

"Guess hanging with school kids is out of the question." Spike walked away as he continued to search somewhere else.


A while later, Spike decided to check out City Hall to see if mayor Mare needed a friend. He wasn't sure if the mayor herself had any friends but if she didn't, this could be a good chance for him to be friends with her. "This might not be the best idea since she is the mayor and she's probably very busy, but friends do help one another so here goes nothing."

Spike walked towards the information desk and greeted the pony here. "Good afternoon Tadwell."
The nerdy pony looked at Spike with a small smile. "Well welcome to Ponyvile city Hall. How may I be of service ?"

"I'm here to see Mayor Mare. Is she here ?" he asked.

"Why yes she is. May I have your name please ?" Tadwell asked.

Spike flinch in surprise."Uh Hello, Tadwell its me Spike ? Remember ? We see each other everyday ?" Tadwelll just cocked his eyebrow in question as he shrugged his shoulders. "I mean I know we don't necassarly hang out an all but we've surely know each other right ?" Spike said with a fake smile but Tadwell just looked at Spike with a blank stare. "Nevermind. Where's the Mayor ?"

"Why what is ever is problem Spike ?" The small dragon turned around and saw a gray mane mare with glasses trotting towards young dragon and greeting him with a kind smile.

"Hello Mayor Mare. I could'n't help but noticed that you've awfully busy these days. I was wondering if I could be assistants ?" asked Spike, folding his hand behind his back while forcing himself to smile at her.

The Mayor's eyes grew wide as she than smiled with excitement."Why yes. I could use a hoof indeed. Thank you Spike !"

"Well its my pl-Gyaaaaaah !!" He suddenly grabbed by the Mayor and was dragged all across City Hall, and into her office. He found himself sitting in the mayor's chair as they zipped through her whole office in excitement as she grabbed huge amount of paperwork on her hooves and and stacked him in front of Spike, which got bigger and bigger as she kept bringing more and more paperwork. Than the mayor grabbed a briefcase full of stuff and was wearing sun glasses and a flower neckless around her neck.

"ThankyouspikeIdon'tknowhatI'vecould'vedoneifyouhadn'tcomealong,byyyeee !!!!" She said so fast her words sounded mash together than she zoomed away and ran out of city hale like she was trying to catch a flyet.

Spike was dumbstruck as he stared at the huge paper in front of him. ".......You've got to be kidding me."


five hours later, after he had taken care of that, Spike was now running out of time. The day was almost over and he had little time left to make friends. However things weren't turning out so well for him, as all the other ponies were way too busy with their jobs, other ponies were too busy with their own friends. He tried to reach out to them but they just kept ignoring him. It made Spike realize, who else would be friends with a dragon like him anyway ?

"I don't understand. What am I doing wrong ? Twilight and the others makes it look so easy." Spike sighed in disappointment, as he looked around almost all over ponyvile. "I tried to be friends to Vinyl Scratch, but she wouldn't stop for one second and take off her head phones and just listen to me. Tried to be friends with Mr. and Mrs cake but there too busy. Flax Seed and Wheat Grass are having a bit of an argument that I don't want to get in a middle of. Zecora's out of town so she's out of the question, although when she gets back I should hang out with her more. Especally when we got to know each other a little more when me and her tried to find cure when every pony in ponyvile got sick."
Spike thought for moment more. "Well...there always Derpy-" Spike train of thought broke when he herd a familer voice he was hoping to avoid.

"THERE HE IS. GET HIM !!" shouted Daisy as she and the two other florist chase after Spike.
"WAAAAAAATH !!!!" Spike ran as fast as his small legs could take him as he was being chased by the three crazy florists all over again.


Afterwards, he got away from those florists.....again. He walked by the Apple Acres, and noticed the Cmc were being picked on by Diamond Tiara and Silver Spoon again. "Oh great, those two again. I'm getting so sick of this. Why can't they leave Applebloom and the others alone ?!" Spike said, as he made his way towards them.

"Don't you two have anything better to do than to tease us ?" asked Applebloom as she and her friend were getting angry at the two bullies who won't leave them alone.

"Yeah, just leave us alone !" Shouted Scootaloo.

"Hah, like a punch of Blank Flanks can tell use what to do." Said Dimond Taria, in a snobby tone.

"Yeah, like these desperate Cutie mark blank Crusaders can tell us anything. They are so desperate for a cutie mark tha'll do the most stupidest things." agreed Silver Spoon.

"At least we try. Unlike you two who just magically get their cutie marks out of thin air." SweeteBell retorted.
"Because unlike you three, we're special that way." Dimond Taria grinned.

"Who cares if there blank flanks, why having an image on the side of flank matters anyway ?!" Taria and Silver Spoon turned towards Spike who approached them.

Taria grinned."Well, well, well, if it isn't Spike the servant."

"I am nopony's servant !" he retorted back.

"Yeah, yeah, hey why don't you do us a favor and go clean our toilets." The two school bullies started to laugh at that joke. "I mean that all your good for right? Being a useless servant who sleeps in a basket?"

"I am NOT....wait.... How'd you two know where I sleep ?" He asked with a raised eyebrow.

"does it matter? Every pony in ponyvile knows that your just servant that Twilight takes advantage of."

"Leave him alone !!" Shouted Sweetiebell. The cutie mark Crusaders didn't like how they were talking to their friend and decided to defend him too.

"Yeah, don't talk to him that way !" said Applebloom.

"Oh please, why are you defending him anyway. Don't you know he is a ferocious dragon. There suppose to be mean, scary and greedy."

"Thats not Spike." Said Sweetiebell.

Taria smiled a evil grin."No, not now at least, but he will in the future, or at least in everypony's eyes."

"What do you mean ?" asked Spike.

"Oh Spike, every pony in ponyvile may be nice to you now, but will they treat you the same way in the future? You're just a baby dragon in their eyes, but what will happen when you get older ?" Spike's eyes opened in realization and shock. He never asked himself that until Tiara has brought it up. What would the ponies think of him in the future ?

"I don't think any pony in Ponyvile would allow a fifty foot dragon roaming their streets Taira." said Silver Spoon. "Yet alone a teenage dragon."
"Face it Spike, no pony in this village would accept an older dragon living here. Tha'll be too afraid of you to allow it."

"Thats not true !! I'm not like those type of dragons. I was born and raised in equestrian, and I'm not selfish and greedy like the dragons ponies stereotype about. Besides, not all dragons are bad anyway, there just as much bad ponies in the world as there are dragons." Spike explained. "....and your one of those bad ponies !"

The CMC nodded in agreement as they both shouted "Yeah !!"

"Thats not the point Spike !! Every pony will still look at you as a monster. Especially after what you did, when you got BIG and started terrorizing Ponyvile."

"Every pony has forgotten about that."

"And they will remember it when you get older." Said Diamond Taria, as she and Silver Spoon began started to circle around. "Now I may be just a filly but it doesn't take a genius to know how everypony typically acts around a monster. Tha'll run and scream, then once they have had enough, tha'll get together and form an angry mop and drive you out of town. You know it's true Spike."

"Yeah!" Silver Spoon chimed as she than imitate what the ponies of ponyvile would act like. "Ooh no a fifty foot dragon. The horror, the horror !!" Then the two school bullies laughed. Spike wanted to shout back at them for that, but he couldn't get himself to say anything. He frowned in total sadness. He couldn't deny that it they were right. Knowing how ponies are, they would probably throw him away when he gets taller, and scarier. Not even Twilight would protect him. If there is anything pony hates in Equestria, is a monster.

"HAhahahaha-" Taria and Silver Spoon were still laughing until"........Aaaaaaaaaahhhh !!!" Applebloom sprayed them with the water hose.
"I had enough out of you two. Get out of our property !!" Yelled Applebloom, who continued to spray the two bullies with the hose as they began to ran off. She and the other girls ran after them until they exited Apple acres. "And don't you come back, yah here!?!"

Spike stood there, staring at the ground. He didn't know why, but today was just a bad day for him. How come he didn't realized that before? There're so many realizations these past two days, and it made him feel horrible and worried about what his future would look like. "Perhaps I was better off with the dragons." he thought.

He didn't notice that the CMC were approuching him. They looked at each other, hoping that one of them would say something to him. Scootaloo walked in front of him and place her hoof on his shoulder. "Cheer up Spike. Don't let them get you down."

Then they both walked away mumbling to each other. "That's all you could say ?!"
"Thats was all I could think of !"

Spiked sighed, as he slumped his shoulders. He then stood up straight, and was about head home until he bumped into some pony that smells old. Spike fell off his feet, and landed on his butt as he rubbed his sore forehead.

"Watch where yah going?......Oh hello Spike." Shouted Granny Smith who dropped a box full of old new papers. "I thought I'd recognize yah. My eye sight an't as good as it use to be."

Spike got back up on his feet and dusted off the dirt on his legs and stomach. "Granny Smith, can I ask you something ? do you think I'll grow up to be a monster ?"

"MONSTER, WHERE ?!!" She than grabbed a bat out of thin air and looked like was about to hit some pony. "Those darn monsters arn't taken my soul. No sirry !!"

"Uuhhh.....No granny do you think I'll grow to be a monster." asked Spike again. Granny threw the baseball bat away and cleaned her ears.
"You ? A monster ? Unless you have the ability to take a pony's soul, then yep, but you're a dragon so no." She said. Spike didn't understand what she was saying as his depressed expression changed to confusion.

"Wha ?"

"Has any pony ever told you the story about.....the monsters underground ?" asked Granny while flashing a flash light to her face making her look which didn't work so well since it was day time. "..... dangnabbit, I messed it up."

Spike though for a moment."I-I think so. I might have over heard Twilight talking about it."

"Many ponies believe it to be a myth, but I'd say its all true. I'd seen it with my own eyes. Back before Applejack and Big Mac was even born I'd saw one of those monsters come to our town, carrying a dead filly in its arms. I'd never forget those massive horns that looked like hooks, and blood-red eyes that pierced into your very soul." She exclaimed.

"So what happened ?"

"Well we chased that monster back to the mount Ebott from where it came."

"Mount Ebott ?" he repeated.

"Yep, and you wanna know where mount Ebott is ?" Granny smith pointed at the mountain Canterlot was on.
"Canterlot is on Mount Ebott ?.....How do you know this ?"

Granny Smith shrugged her shoulders. "EEEeeee.......We fallowed it. When you get to the mountain there is a path that takes you to a hidden cave. That's the only entrance to the underground."

Spike didn't exactly believe in Granny's story knowing how she can be a bit crazy sometimes but he was interested in seeing it for himself one day but knowing Twilight and her friends they would probably try to stop him.

"And don't you think of headin over there. Any pony that goes there.....never returns." Said Granny Smith using her spooky voice. Spike felt a cold shiver up his spine as he felt his legs were uncontrollably shaking by her warning.

Then suddenly, the frightening moment was gone as Granny unexpectedly fell asleep while standing. "Uuh...um....well, see you later Granny Smith." Still asleep, she mumbled to him, saying bye to him, as he went home.


Later on the sun was finally setting as Spike closed the door behind him and went up stares to his room. He noticed Owlicious was dusting the books. "Owilicous, I'm back. You can stop with the choirs. Just call it a day."

"Hoo, hoo !" The owl replied as he stopped with the choirs and flew up with Spike into his and Twilight's room.

"I'm gonna be honest with you Owilicous, it didn't go the way I was expecting." Said Spike as he lye down on his basket.

"Hoo, Hoo ?"

"Don't get me started." he said as he tried to relax himself on the basket. He began to think out loud of all his choice of ponies he could be friends with. "I just don't understand. What am I doing wrong ? Maybe I should continue looking. I can't try to reach out to Zecora since she's out of town. Bulk Biceps seems like a nice pony but......H-he kinda scares me. Lotus Blossom and Aloe are nice but I don't think there is anything I could relate to those two. Lemon Hearts is in Cantorlot. Nurse Red Heart is busy as well, and I don't think me being friends with Dr. Hooves would work out since I know nothing of science. Lyra and Bon Bon don't even know I'm there half the time. So all those ponies except for Zecora wouldn't work out." Spike then thought harder about the ponies that he hasn't even considered being friend with yet. "Well, Snips and Snails always have some time on their hooves. I could try to hang out with them, and Daisy Jo always has time talk to some pony, so...thats it. I will try to hangout with those three tomorrow."

The owl flinched when it remembered something. "Ho,Hoo,hoo,hoo ?"

"Don't worry, Twilight wont be back till tomorrow afternoon. I just need to wake up earlier, that's all." Spike reached out his claws to turn the lamb off. "Good night Owilicous."

"Hoo, Hoo" Owilicous replied as they both went to sleep.


Spike awoke the next morning, with sunlight beaming through the windows and not a cloud in the sky. He hopped out of bed with a smile, as he was confident that this day would be better than the last. "Alright, let's see if Snip and Snails is up at this time. I know Dairy Jo is always up early in the morning."

Spike noticed that Owlicious's perch was empty, so Spike opened the bedroom door and ran down the stairs to see if Owlicious was down in the library, until his heart stomped complete as he was frozen in one place as he saw a femiler purple alicorn sitting at the table with her hooves crossed and an angry look on her face.

"Hi Twilight," Spike said weakly. He didn't like the way she was looking at him. When Twilight makes that face, it means trouble....for him. Spike tried to act natural as he possible can as he continued to walked down the stars "Y-your here early."

He also noticed Owlicious was giving him a apologetic look. Could Twilight know that he wasn't in the library yesterday ? He was about to find out.

Twilight didn't say anything for a minute as she looked over him before using her magic to bring the list she gave and read it to top to bottom. Spike knew there was no way she could know that he didn't do what he was suppose to. Owlicious did the work for him right ? or at least most of it ?

"I've noticed that library hasn't changed much when I left. Did you do everything on the list like I asked you to ?" she asked him in an emotionless tone as she scanned his expressions.

"Yeah, I-I mean I havent did all of it but I manage to get a lot of it done." He said trying to pull himself together as Twilight eyed him like a hawk.

"....Oh really ?.......So I bet you picked up the new sets of ink that I ordered from the store ?" She asked still with a emotionless voice.

"Y-yeah." He replied. Twilight just stared at him for a minute than continued look at the list.

"So I'm guessing you took out the trash ?"

"Yes."

"Which is right outside on the floor instead of a trash can." She than showing a tint of anger.

Spike tried his best to keep looking natural as possible. He looked at Owlicious who replied with apologetic smile. Spike should have known that the trash was too heavy for the owl to pick up.

"I'm also guessing you re-shelved all the books like I asked you too ?" She asked. He nodded to her but she wasn't buying it as her glare started to show more and more. "Oh really ? I noticed that the library isn't dusty anymore, but where's my ink ? Where's my scrolls ? Did you even pick up the new lab equipment, like I asked you to ?"

"U-uh..I.."

Her eyes seemed to pierce through Spike has she than leaned closer to him grinding her teeth. "No you didn't. Don't lie to me Spike. You had Owlicious do all the work, Didn't you ?" She said in a emotionless tone. "Where were you yesterday ?"

Spike knew there was no way around this. Trying to lie to Twilight was pointless. He had to come clean. "Um....I-I was out."

"....Out doing what ?" she asked with a suspicious tone. "What could you have possible have done witch was more importent than your own choirs ?"

".....Trying to make new friends." he replied in shameful tone while hanging his head down.

Twilight expression soften as she stared at the small dragon with confusion. "What ?? But Spike, you have friends. Me, Applejack, Pinkie Pie, Rainbow Dash, Fluttershy and Rarity. Why would you go look for more friends instead of doing your job ? I-I mean there is nothing wrong with making more friends and I'm glad that....." Deep down Twilight felt happy that Spike was trying to make new friends for himself, but she was still angry that he didn't do what he was told. She wanted to praise him, but she also wanted to yell at him. Twilight didn't know what to say to him. She gave him a small smile. "S-Spike I'm glad hear that your making new friends but....." She then shook her head. Spike wasn't getting off that easy. He's her assistant, and he's suppose to do what he is told. She needs to remind him whose boss. She glared at him again."No...no...NO Spike your not here to goof off. Your here to assist me. You already have friends here, and I have no use for an assistant who doesn't do his job. You already failed to do what you were suppose to do when you didn't come back to the library two days ago and now your doing it again. I'm VERY disappointed in you Spike, and I don't know what has gotten into you these past two days. That nonsense stops NOW !!!"

"But Twilight you don't unders-" Spike wanted to tell her whats been going on but she wouldn't listen to him.

"I don't wanna hear any excuses from you Spike !! Do you have any idea what how much work you skipped ? You know as well as I do that this library isn't gonna take care of itself. How could you be so childish and selfish!? I taught you better than this !!" she yield at him as her eyes.

Spike was stunned by her cold words. Twilight calls him selfish and yet she always leaves him behind for him to do all the work while she gous out with her friends. He felt his anger begin to raise up and he just wanted to scream in her face. "Me ?! Selfish ?! I never once complain about the work you gave me. While I'm here working my tail off, your out with your friends and by the way, there YOUR friends not mine !!" Spike shouted as glared at her.

"WHAT ?! How could you say that ?! After everything they have done for you. They were there for your birthday !" Twilight said in disbelief.
"And where was I for your birthday ? While you and the girls went to cantarlot to meet Rarity for your birthday party, you had me stay here. You knew how badly I wanted to go, especialy to see Rarity, and yet you had me stay here instead because you were worried of how much work would pile up." Spike exclaimed as he glared back at Twilight.

"I'm sorry you had to miss that Spike, but some pony had to look after the library."

"No it doesn't! how come it's okay for the Carousel boutique to be closed or Sugercube corner's worker Pinkie pie gets a day off but its not okay for the library to be closed ?! News flash Twilight, ponies don't come to the library that often. If they did this library would be flooded with ponies who want to check out a book but most of the time, its just you and me."

"Spike you know as well as I do that this library get busy sometimes and we have to be there when it does. We don't live in this library for free. We have to work-" said Twilight until she was cut off by Spike.

"WE ?! No I have to work. It's not even we anymore Twilight. Before we came to ponyvile it was but not anymore. We were suppose to do this together. Celestia said that I'm here to learn about friendship too, but you'd rather take advantage of me so you could hang out with your friends or learn something new. I'm suppose to be your assistant Twilight but why do I feel like I'm your servant ?! ALL YOU CARE ABOUT IS YOURSELF. YOU CARE ABOUT ME !!!"

Twilight eyes were burning in anger as she glared at her assistant. Spike felt daggers pierce through him but he didn't care at this point. "EXCUSE ME !!?? YOU HAVE NO IDEA WHAT YOUR TALKING ABOUT SPIKE !! I LOOKED AFTER YOU, I RAISED YOU AND ALL I'VE DONE IN MY LIFE IS HELP OTHERS !!!! HOW DARE YOU TALK TO ME LIKE I'M SOME BAD PONY !!!"

"So why do you and the other girls forget about me ?! You call yourself the princess of friendship and yet you neglect the only friend that has been with you since the very begining. Y-your nothing but a hypocrite !!"

"Spike, I'm warning you-" Twilight tried to interject but Spike shouted her down. Twilight clenched her teeth in anger as she was becoming more angry to point where should say something she mite regret.

"NO !! I'm not done Twilight. Enough is enough !! You and the others never want me around unless you want help with something. You never take me with you when it’s just time to have a little fun! You know, for a pony who talks like she an expert on friendship, she still knows nothing at all about it. Sometimes I wonder if you even asked for an assistant because a assistant is suppose to help, NOT do the work for them." Yield Spike. "Your nothing but a big jerk Twilight. The Princess of JERKS !!"

Twilight was so mad that she couldn't control herself anymore. She was grinding her teeth in frusteration. "You're right, I didn't asked for assistant. I didn't even ask to be the one to watch over you, but I did because Celestia asked me to. NOT because I wanted to. Did you really think I wanted you when I hatched you when I was a filly?! Of course I didn't. I greatly respect Celestia, but what was she thinking for having a filly raise a baby on her own?!"

Each one of her cruel words pierced through him harder and harder. He felt his heart sink. It was never a good idea to make Twilight mad but he didn't expect he would push her to the point where she would say such horrible things. His whole body was shaking as he felt hot tears swimming into his eyes.

"You made my whole childhood a living nightmare. All the pain and stress that you put me through !! Back when I attended the school for gifted Unicorns I was failing in all my classes because I couldn't even get a good enough sleep with your constant crying. I was always LATE !! and kept disturbing all my classes and the WORST OF ALL, YOU HUMIlATED ME IN FRONT OF CELESTIA !!!" She screamed in his face with pure rage. "You were a nuisance back than and your a nuisance NOW !!"

Spike couldn't believe the words he was hearing. He didn't mean to make this mad. He forced himself to put on a fake smile. "Uh...T-twilight, y-you don't really mean that.....d-do you ?"

"YES I DO !!! CELESTIA WAS SUPPOSE TO TAKE CARE OF YOU, BUT SHE PUT THE RESPONSIBILITY ON ME !!! AND THE REASON WHY ME AND GIRLS ALWAYS LEAVE YOU BEHIND IS BECAUSE YOUR ALWAYS A NUISANCE !!!" Twilight immediately stopped when she herd sobbing.

She opened her eyes and saw Spike sitting on the floor crying. Twilight than just realized what she just said to him. She was so full of rage that she couldn't control what she said. It hurt her that Spike accused her for being a horrible Princess of friendship but it was no excuse for her saying something even more hurtful but despite how angry she was, part of it was actually the truth.

"S-spike, I'm so sorry. Please forgive me?" She pleaded but the young dragon stood up, ran up to his room, and locked the door. She could still hear him crying upstairs. Hearing him made her heart sink, However she couldn't help but feel that Spike was right. It was thoughtless of her not to include him in any of the past events. Remembering it all made even her worse. Maybe she was a horrible friend. "W-why did I say those things? Am I really a horrible friend?"


To Be Continued.

Author's Note:

Chapter edited and song written by Glen Gorewood.