• Published 25th Jun 2012
  • 1,428 Views, 12 Comments

Philomena: Short Stories - CMCShortStoryBrigade



Collection of short stories about Philomena

  • ...
4
 12
 1,428

Book Four - Digit

The unhappy phoenix sighed. Being trapped in an unforgiving cage, with unforgiving days and nights, along with junk for food. Celestia’s smart, and she would definitely try to keep things at bay between her “rare specimen” and the citizens. She attempts to make her pet look loyal, and by doing so, threatening the creature at the same time.

“Hello, my little Philomena!” Celstia barged in. The phoenix instantly smiled and cawed in fake happiness. Celestia probably didn’t know what she was doing, and Philomena knew that. Every time he “sheds his feathers”, he’s actually becoming highly sick, which is practiced once a year. But every time, that fool of a goddess just perks her back up with her magic. Unfortunately, nopony knows of these events, because Celestia threatened the bird, which resulted in the poor phoenix being forced to look like it was fine. One slip, and Celestia would have a death spell charged up and ready to go.

“Here’s your meal for the day. Eat up.” Celestia opened the cage and threw inside a strange looking banana peel, rotten and dirty. Philomena gladly took the offer and shoved it in her(his?) mouth. When Celestia exited the room, the bird spit the foul tasting skin and kicked it away. Philomena knew this wasn’t going to hold out for long. An escape method was needed, and FAST.

So Philomena melted the cage with fire and flew away into the sunrise.