• Published 22nd Aug 2016
  • 2,258 Views, 20 Comments

Undead Knights - Kaliann25



The Mane 6 have fallen and the Elements fell with them. Equestria is unprotected... until they arrive, a group of seven monsters who will protect Equestria with all their power chasing the Kingdom's enemies to death

  • ...
5
 20
 2,258

The end and a new beginning

Chapter 3:
The end and a new beginning

The Undeads opened their eyes one by one only to see they were ‘sealed’ at Twilight’s dungeons. Weird, Midnight herself never seen nor used those when she was still alive and it was new for her. And then they looked through the bars seeing the six Bearers of Harmony along with Princess Celestia and Shining Armor.
But instead of getting mad, Midnight just chuckled.

“So did we just slept?”

“Seems so” said Fleshy Smile surprised but strangely pleased.

Pin-Kill-Die laughed hysterically.

“It felt sooooo good. We haven’t slept since we were alive, ahahahaha!”

From the other side of the cell Celestia walked towards the monsters with a stern look in her eyes, but it was also mixed with… doubt. Yeah, this was the first time she faced a group of rational undeads and it really intrigued and unnerved her.
Midnight grinned to her.

“Oh interrogation time, alright, nothing we’re not used too. However that was an interesting experience, did you defeated us with the Power of Harmony? I never felt it from the other side before and I must say it was unbelievably pleasant. Like my friend said we haven’t slept since we were alive, well; I may cuddled with Night Terror but it wasn’t as good as this”

Gothic nodded with a smile.

“I know, I hadn’t realized how much I needed some rest. Oh, is the price you pay when you turn into this”

Jack the Reaper relished her teeth.

“Ey, can you use the Elements again? As ya’ see, we kinda’ liked it”

Twilight was definitely not in the mood. Like Celestia this creatures fascinated and scared her; mostly scared her. If it wasn’t for the Power of Harmony who knows what could happen to her.

“So was it true that you’re undeads” said Twilight.

Midnight dedicated a huge smile to the poor alicorn, who instinctively moved backwards, this creature was really scary.

“As I said before I don’t care if you believe me or not. How did you change your mind Your Highness?”

Celestia glared at the dark alicorn.

“My faithful student’s lack of experience played against her this time, but I can recognize your cursed kind from miles. Repulsive, monstrous…”

“Abominations, crime against nature, walking nightmares… yeah we’ve heard them all”

“But we call ourselves Undead Knights. Nice to meet you” laughed Undash.

Shining frowned and confronted the creatures.

“Knights? And which Kingdom would be so desperate to accept the services of monsters like you?”

Gothic shook her head sadly.

“We never said that the Kingdom we protect wants our help. In fact every time we’re seen we’re chased and locked away for a while. It’s sad but we don’t care. We cannot fight against what we are but we can canalize it by chasing and killing only the ones who threaten the Kingdom. Once we get our victim we are as cruel as we want to but until then we don’t touch anyone”

Twilight tilted her head, she didn’t understood this monsters.

“Okay, which Kingdom you claim to protect and why did you took Ponyville? And why your Cutie Mark looks like mine? Who are you guys?”

Midnight laughed.

“We can’t tell you idiot. You see: we don’t have any money to pay you the psychiatrist if we show you. And believe me, you’re going to need it. The answer of who we are is under our hoods”

Celestia frowned knowing there was no use to reason with undeads but still tried to question them, she only needed a little piece of information to understand the secret of this ponies so she just asked:

“What are your names?”

The alicorn leader shrugged.

“Long ago we had the most beautiful names, but when became this we knew we weren’t worthy of them anymore”

“So we answer now to the collective name of Undead Knights” said the pegasi at the unison.

“But if you insist in giving us names you can refer to us by our nicknames. You can call me Gothic and our leader is Midnight. Nice to meet you”

One of the Pegasus made a small bow.

“For me, I’m known as Fleshy. Is wonderful to meet you”

“Ma’ friends refer to me as Reaper. Howdy ya’ll”

“Kill-Die”

The only one who didn’t introduced herself was the other Pegasus:

“My undead name is none of your business”

Said that the six monsters sat silently. And knowing this was getting nowhere, Shining Armor reinforced the shield and the living ponies left the room.
Once they closed the door the general just looked at the group.

“What shall we do now? My shield is very powerful but I don’t think I can restrain the alicorn for too long. And to be honest, they’re frigging terrifying”

Celestia nodded.

“I can’t blame you for being scared, the Undead Race is very powerful but we have the advantage that they’re stupid and only move when they feel life. But those six do not share that weakness and they look like they’re waiting for something or somepony. Damn, this is the first time for me to see one of those things thinking, not to say working together. Something very bad is about to happen”

“And what shall we do?”

“Right now have an eye on them until we find more. But I have a feeling this won’t end good. But don’t worry, I’ll stay with you until we think in something, but be aware that the shield Shining casted won’t last forever”

They all shivered. Now undead monsters, next what?

In the meantime in the dungeons, Midnight looked at a lost point in the wall and began:

“Night Terror, my beloved Night Terror. Are you there my one true love?”

The love the monsters felt for each other was too deep, too powerful that they were able to talk normally even if they were at kilometers of distance. And of course Night Terror heard her from the very beginning.

“You worried me when I felt the Power of Harmony hitting you. Are you okay, Midnight my lady?”

“We went to sleep but are awake now. Anyway, we’re at the Castle’s dungeons and can’t patrol the town from here. Any signs of Glimmer yet?”

“I can approach to the town if you want”

“Please, but remain hidden my love and do not show yourself unless I command you to. Luckily Glimmer would call so much attention that you would be able to sneak to the Castle without being noticed”

The purple dragon with black wings nodded and flew to the town much for the other dragon’s relief. Did not know what kind of weirdo Night Terror was but again he was very scary.
And for Glimmer, she’ll arrive any minute now.

From the shadows the unicorn was watching, the presence of the Crystal Prince and Celestia was something she did not counted with and couldn’t face them… yet. No, but at least she could wait until they leave or at least they separate from her enemies. All she needed was a chance.
And got that chance when the two visitors decided to go patrol around the town for some reason. In fact they were looking for more Undeads using a powerful detection spell that Night Terror barely could avoid by hiding undergrown until Midnight call him. But even if she didn’t felt anything Celestia kept her guard on, the Undead she knew were violent and whenever they got caught the first thing they tried to do was escape. Not these six who kept waiting, but waiting for what?

Finally the night came and Celestia and Shining stopped their search but agreed to restart at the next day at first hour while Twilight and the others protect the villagers and prepared an evacuation plan in case the Undeads escape or they find another of those things.
In the prison cell, the Undead Knights grinded their fangs remembering the day everything changed, the day when Starlight Glimmer defeated them. Waiting, waiting… until they felt her.
Midnight cracked her own neck and commanded:

“NOW!”

Suddenly the dungeon’s floor was destroyed by a gigantic claw coming from beneath it and the Undedads simply jumped to the pit and disappeared. It was time.

Starlight suddenly appeared in the middle of the plaza much for everypony’s surprise, and the first thing she did was to shot a powerful beam to call Twilight’s attention.

“Starlight Glimmer!” Shouted the purple alicorn facing the creature.

The other unicorn grinned.

“Princess it’s been a while. Remember me? Remember how you destroyed I built in just two days?”

“What I did? You did it to yourself Starlight Glimmer. If it wasn’t that you tried to force us to your ideology nothing would happened”

“Nopony understands the beauty of Equality until you experiment it by your own, that’s the ideal I always defended. It doesn’t matter Twilight, I’ll show you now how it’s supposed to be”


Twilight was definitely not prepared for what happened: her friends ran to the rescue but they activated a hidden spell the lunatic have prepared and they got frozen unable to do anything to help Twilight. Now unicorn and alicorn were facing each other and it seemed like Starlight had planned something horrible to avenge her defeat.
At this point Princess Celestia and Shining Armor felt the explosion of dark magic and ran to help the girls thinking it was the Undead Knights.


And still hiding underground, the Undeads just looked at what was going on. It was exactly as it happened in their own timeline except for Shining’s and Celestia’s presence. Only a few more moments to change history…


The battle between Twilight and Starlight was halfway through and things didn’t seem well for the purple alicorn; like the last time she underestimated what Starlight was capable of realizing too la that she may be most powerful that she thought. Also Starlight was physically in better shape than Twilight and moved faster and better.
At the end Twilight got caught by a paralyzing attack that left her in the middle of the air unable to defend herself. Horrified Twilight saw how her Cutie Mark was replaced by the Cutie Mark of Equality once more. And like the last time Glimmer trapped the mark in a small jar that she placed in front of her.

“STARLIGHT WHAT YOU THINK YOU’RE DOING?” Shouted Twilight.

Starlight charged her power. One beam was all she needed.

“What I must did on the first place. With your permission I’ll destroy your Cutie Mark now”

“No… no… PLEASE DON’T!”

“Say farewell to your talent Princess”

Those moments were horrible for Twilight, everything seemed like moving in slow-motion: her friends trying to free from Starlight’s spell to save her, the villagers wining and hiding on their homes… even Princess Celestia and Shining running to save her but won’t make it on time.

“My faithful student, NOOOOOOO!”

“TWILYYYYY!”

It was like a nightmare but real. Twilight was going to see how her beloved talent were about to be destroyed forever and there was nothing she could do.
And suddenly the beam impacted blinding everypony for a moment, but when they were able to see again they saw a black-hooded figure protecting the Cutie Mark with her body. Twilight couldn’t believe her eyes neither anypony else.

“Wait, what?”

The figure then opened the jar and the Cutie Mark flew back to its legitimate owner’s flank.

“Midnight?” Asked Twilight.

The leader of the Undead Knights nodded and faced Starlight, who freed Twilight because of the surprise.

“You did well Twilight Sparkle, but we’ll take care of this from now. Starlight Glimmer: your fight is now with us”

“What?” Asked Glimmer looking around.

Emerging from the ground as the monsters they were, the other five undeads surrounded Glimmer showing their sadistic smiles.
Then the dark alicorn walked towards Glimmer who charged her horn but somehow her instincts were telling her that this was no normal pony. The dark alicorn stopped half meter from her rival and made a small bow.

“Greetings Starlight Glimmer, we’ve been waiting you impatiently. You see: we took over this town because we knew you were coming. We wanted to prepare you a better welcome committee but as you can see we had issues to take care off like being ‘sealed’ and things like that. Now that you’re here we can start the killing party”

One of the monsters approached from behind and whispered to Glimmer’s ear:

“And you’re the guest of honor”

Starlight pushed the monster with her magic and faced the Undeads who laughed at this poor attempt to stop them.
Then Princess Celestia attacked as well destroying half of Midnight’s body but she regenerated it as nothing and turned to Celestia like asking why she did it. Celestia just stared at them.

“I won’t allow this. Starlight Glimmer will be arrested and processed for her crimes but no murder will be done under my watch!”

Gothic looked at Midnight.

“Any ideas to distract them?”

“Necromancy?”

“Necromancy seems divine”

And the both monsters used their dark magic. The ground trembled one more time followed by the sound of several steps advancing towards them coming from the cemetery. Generations and generations of citizens of Ponyville came back to ‘life’ and began to advance to the group giving Shining and Celestia no choice but to face them while the rest of the Undeads prepared their knives ready to massacre Starlight Glimmer.

“No please! What I’ve done to you?” She shouted, she didn’t know why but everything about this ponies was completely frightening and her instincts were telling her that everything was lost.

And much for her surprise, Twilight jumped over her extending her wings. Nopony will harm Glimmer under her watch as well.

“Step back!” Commanded Twilight.

The Reaper menaced with her fangs.

“You don’t know what we’ve been through because of her. Move your Highness!”

But Midnight stopped her friend.

“Wait, they need to know Reaper. They should understand why we’re doing this to Glimmer”

The other earth pony of the nightmarish group agreed.

“She’s right!”

They were distracted so Starlight took advantage of it and took away Midnight’s Cutie Mark. She succeeded but immediately the undead monster regenerated a new Mark.
The dark alicorn shrugged.

“That doesn’t work with the Undead, sorry. Anyway, why are we doing this? You see: before become this creatures we saved Equestria several times, always facing new dangers but always succeeding. Until we met certain unicorn who we defeated at first… but then she returned and took away our Cutie Marks forever”

“So you’re from that town?” Asked Pinkie Pie scared.

One of the undead earth ponies shook her head.

“No. Anyway, once she destroyed our Cutie Marks we left ashamed of ourselves. Talentless and humiliated we wandered the land for ten years until our desire of justice turned a desire of revenge. And when we learnt that Glimmer’s spell had no way back, we finally broke. Found a ritual that allowed us to at least have some revenge before we go so we did it”

Then one of the pegasi intervened as well:

“But something happened. Because of our bond with the Elements of Harmony our souls didn’t descended straight to hell. Instead we got stuck in our new bodies, and had no choice but mix our new monstrous and merciless nature with our past selves becoming us: the Undead Knights. For centuries we protected Equestria with our new undead powers… until we find a way to change history. A gate to the past, precisely at the point when we lost everything, when we got defeated by Glimmer”

Everypony’s jaw dropped when they put the pieces together.

“No… NOOOOO!” Shouted Twilight.

Midnight nodded.

“Yes, yes. Undeads, reveal yourselves, let’s introduce properly”

And one by one they removed their hoods much for the Mane 6’s horror.

“Midnight”

“Undash”

“Gothic”

“Fleshy Smile”

“Jack the Reaper”

“Pin-Kill-Die”

Then Midnight faced Twilight.

“Look at me. This is your future. Unless we kill her now. Move Princess”

“No, no, I won’t. I don’t believe this, this must be a sick joke!”

Midnight shrugged and pushed Twilight away with her enormous strength. She wasn’t very strong in life but the rigor mortis did wonders to her muscles, so Midnight walked towards the terrified Starlight.

“I recommend you to run”

No need to repeat, Starlight screamed in fear and escaped from the monstrous alicorn.
Suddenly Celestia reacted and caught Midnight with her magic.

“Stop this right now! If it’s true you were Twilight Sparkle you know this isn’t the way!”

Midnight rolled her eyes.

“Whatever you say. Night Terror, Glimmer is escaping”

Starlight was running and was about to leave the town when a monstrous dragon came out from the ground and smiled to her. Glimmer shrieked and began to move to the opposite direction but the dragon cut her escape with a tower of fire.

“There’s nowhere to run. On this night you’ll die this way”

It was when Night Terror got her with in his claws and stripped her back legs with a bite. Starlight cried in fear and pain. Everypony shrieked at this, but the one who got Night Terror’s attention was the small purple and green dragon who was hiding behind Rainbow and Applejack.

“Don’t look at me like that kiddo. Except for the red eyes, this is how you’ll look when you grow older”

Said that, the dragon released the victim who helplessly dragged until Fleshy Smile stopped her and passed Night Terror an iron bar.

“And this is only the beginning. Night Terror, if you please”

Night Terror took the iron bar and heated it with his fire breath until it turned red. Then passed it back to Fleshy who simply put it on the fleshy stumps that once were Glimmer’s back legs. Of course she screamed in pain but the monsters’ laughs hid the screams completely.
The corpse who was Fluttershy nodded pleased.

“Wound cauterized. Night Terror, heat the bar again”

The dragon obeyed with an ironic smile and passed the iron bar back to the yellow Pegasus. Fleshy Smile made a sign to Gothic and Undash who quickly ran to held Starlight while she slowly directed the HOT iron bar to her eyes.
Once she understood what was about to happen, Starlight tried to freed but they were too strong.

“NOOO! PLEASE DON’T! I’LL DO ANYTHING, ANYTHING PLEASE! DON’T DO THIS TO ME!!!”

Pin-Kill-Die nodded.

“She’s right, we can’t do this just like that”

So the pink earth pony stripped off the eyelids with great ability.

“Now she’s all yours”

“NOOOOOO!!!!!”

Too late, the iron bar touched the eyes and once more Starlight’s screams got hidden by the Undeads’ laughs.
Blind and pathetic Starlight dragged again to the first pony she felt, Shining Armor (too scared to move).

“Help me, I don’t wanna die! I DON’T WANNA DIE!”

Too late.
Gothic stabbed her to the ground with the iron bar and forced two diamonds right where her eyes were.

This was too much. Twilight, Spike, Celestia… even Applejack and Rainbow threw up seeing the suffering of Starlight.
And finally Midnight freed from Celestia’s held with a single attack, it was too easy for an alicorn who couldn’t get tired and finally took Starlight by the throat.

“You were lucky. In our timeline we kept you alive for two weeks and there was no day were you didn’t begged us to kill you. Anyway, you claim to fight for Equality but you know nothing of it. In our own timeline you didn’t succeed during the ten years we spent looking for a cure for what you did to us. Why? Because the Knights of Silence, the true preachers of Equality. However you won’t live enough to know them. Good bye”

Finally the dark alicorn made appear an axe and cut Starlight’s head off. That was it, she was dead.

The Mane 6 and Spike cried, what just happened? Were this monsters really their future selves? No, it couldn’t be!
It was too much, especially for Spike when Night Terror swallowed Starlight’s body with sadistic pleasure and joined the undead mares in a demented laugh.

But the monsters suddenly muttered when Jack the Reaper, formerly Applejack, asked something.

“Wait a second. Aren’t we supposed to disappear? We changed history and never existed, right?

The monsters looked at her leader who sighed.

“It was only a childish hope and you knew it idiots. No, apparently we suppose to keep paying for what we did. Sorry”

The monsters sighed, just like that. Resigned to their fate they slowly walked to Twilight and bowed. Midnight smiled to her past self.

“Okay, we’re the Crown’s most faithful servants, and since now we have no choice but coexist, please call us whenever you need. We serve Celestia, we serve Luna, we serve Shining, we serve Cadance, and now we serve you. Princess Twilight from now on you’ll stop fighting, we’ll take care of every menace to your Kingdom and make them beg for mercy as we’ve done for centuries in our timeline. The Undead Knights bow to you”

“The Undead Knights bow to you”

And before anypony could react, they jumped to Night Terror’s back and flew away leaving them with more questions than answers. They didn’t know what was going on or what just happened. They only know they now coexisted with a much more powerful and hideous versions of themselves.

“Princess Celestia…” mumbled Twilight.

“Yes my Faithful Student?” Asked Celestia coming back to reality.

“I swear to you: no matter what we would never become like them! Those horrid creatures… I’LL NEVER BE LIKE HER!”

And they stayed like that, looking where the monsters left.
They would never forget what happened… they would never forget those faces and their names… they would never forget, period.

Author's Note:

So this is it guys, the last part of this story. If you liked the story don’t worry!
This is the only first part of a trilogy I already finished in Spanish:

Undead Knights
Knights of Silence, education for everypony
The march of the corrupted heroes

I’ll translate them as soon as I can. In the meantime

Read ya’ later!!

Comments ( 12 )

but why didnt they disappear the fact that they stopped her to prevented them from doing the ritual in the first place unless there was a new enemy after that that did a similar thing to them

:yay: I'm Very Happy With What You Write I Can't Wait To see What happens Next keep Up the Good work Update more Soon :twilightsmile:

It's like in Dragonball Z, where Trunks also wanted to prevent his timeline. But it didn't work that way.

So awesome! :rainbowkiss:

Uhh.....more please?

7502537
Why are you so into that?

when the next part of this trilogy???

“I swear to you: no matter what we would never become like them! Those horrid creatures… I’LL NEVER BE LIKE HER!”

Me: Twilight?

*PUNCH Twilight really hard on the face*

*Mane Five, Spike, Celestia, Luna, Shining Armor, Cadence: 😳

Shining: Hey! Who the heck are y-

*Me summoning the BFG ( Doom Eternal) *

Shining: 😨

Mane Five, Spike, Celestia, Luna, Cadence: 😱

Twilight: :twilightoops:

Me: DON'T give me a reason to fire my Big F***** Gun on you, and turn you'll into a messy gore stain!


Now the reason I punch you Twilight is because of you acting like a jerk, and a ungrateful bitch.


Because One: Fate itself DOESN'T give a shit on what you think. You STILL end up like your "Dark" Counterparts. IF they DIDN'T want back in time and stop Starlight in the first place.


In fact, you should be GRATEFUL and Thanking Midnight and her Friends for saving your ungrateful asses by a dark fate.


Second: STOP FRICKIN calling your Counterparts "Monsters". Monsters are heartless, and Evil beings that KILLS EVERYTHING they see. Sure, they kill and brutalized. BUT, their NOT Evil! They only kill other baddies, and are willing to save you all and the Kingdom from future threats.


Their Anti-Heroes at best. IF they were "Monsters", they WOULD have kill ALL of you and everypony since day one. But, they DIDN'T!


Plus, you should at least feel sorry and pity them. They were YOU in the future. It's NOT their fault they look and act like this. It's Starlight's fault and she already paid the price. You COULD end up like them anyway, IF they didn't time travel.


You should thank them for saving you from a depressing fate. And apologize for acting like major Assholes to them. Who knows? You can even befriend each other and help protect Equestria for the REAL Threats."


Me: ( To Main Canon Twilight, Mane Five, Celestia, Luna, Cadence, and Shining Armor in this Story.) "Your just ungrateful bitches!!!!"

I can't read just yet, but there is no sourcelink for the original work.

Login or register to comment