• Published 14th Oct 2016
  • 356 Views, 2 Comments

Crowded - Jesse Coffey



Family members struggle to get along in an area where no space can be accumulated.

  • ...
7
 2
 356

Two

Heigh-ho, heigh-ho, it's off to work I go, to The Manehattan Eye Exam, heigh-ho, heigh-ho, heigh-ho, heigh - - -

Oops, I sung a little too loudly to that little Disney piece that I put on my cassette deck in my Volvo. That's why all the cars had to go toot-toot in the background. If the cars can't stand my singing, they have no business on my road.

One of the drivers is probably saying, ''Ya little hack, get off my side of the road!''

Anyways, my car is now grounded and parked firmly at The Manehattan Eye Exam. It's basically a snooper's paradise, in which I'm quite proud to live.

The Manehattan Eye Exam's head publisher is Dick L. Saqua who is an Earth pony. Saqua says, ''GOOD MORNING SIR!''

I tell him, ''What's so good about it?''

He says, ''I got a good little scoop for ya buddy!''

i tell him, ''What?'' and he says, ''Buddy did you ever hear somebody bring up Countess Coloratura recently?''

I say, ''What about her?''

He says, ''Countess Coloratura is arriving at the Grand Palace on Thursday. As you're a music and Bridleway writer, would you like to write a critique about her?''

I say, ''How many people do I have to bring at once?''

He says, ''Only you, your pen, and your notepad.''

I say, ''But isn't it a family concert? I mean I could bring as many as eight people over to it --- ''

He says, ''I want you to come ALONE. Get that?''

I shudder and gulp and say, ''Y-y-y-yes sir.''

Then I fly off to bump into Countess Coloratura herself and then tell her, ''Hello. My name is Joe Blazer. I write for this little paper whose building you're in right now.''

The Countess says, ''Why the heck is that important to begin with?''

I say, ''Because the head of the paper wants me to write about you. I've got sixteen people living in my crowded little house, OK? But that guy wants me to only come alone, with a pen and paper in my hooves.''

The Countess says, ''That's foolhardy. You can bring as many people with you as you like; the theatre limits 10 members per family however.''

I say, ''Well tell him so.''

The Countess says, ''I'll make sure I do!''

The Countess goes off to talk to Mr. Saqua about the dilemna I have; unfortunately, Mr. Saqua is quick to dismiss it, and says, ''Mr. Blazer needs only to come alone to your concert.'' Then she talks about the welcoming presence she showcases at her concerts, with Mr. Saqua quick to dismiss THAT, too. Poor Mr. Saqua. I have a crowded house, and he doesn't even know HOW crowded it is. *sigh*

Author's Note:

HEIGH-HO
by Frank Churchhill and Larry Morey
(from Walt Disney's production Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs)